• Published 8th Feb 2019
  • 3,864 Views, 141 Comments

Anon-A-Miss: Chaos - CapNTilfy



Anon-A-Miss sets their next plan into motion in a continued effort to humiliate Sunset Shimmer.

  • ...
14
 141
 3,864

Echoes

Sunset Shimmer awoke from her slumber and got out of bed. She stretched and yawned, then changed into her day clothes. She headed over to her bus stop, then headed inside the bus when it arrived.

Upon entering, Sunset flinched as angry shouting assaulted her ears. The uneasy feeling she had had yesterday returned, and it felt as though it wouldn't go away as easily as it did then. She sat down at a seat and stared out the window until the bus reached Canterlot High.

Sunset walked in, her feeling of unease growing slowly with each step she took until she saw Applejack in the halls.

----------------------------------------------

Once Applejack was out of Sunset's sight, she sighed happily. She was truly grateful for all of her friends. People who were willing to do anything for her. To help her...

Sunset winced as the uneasy feeling returned, but she understood she had little time to worry about it. She hurried off to her next class.

----------------------------------------------

Sunset left her first period class and sighed heavily. Try as she might, she could not rid herself of that ominous feeling and it was making her feel slightly tense... She sputtered, then turned around as she heard a whisper. There was nobody behind her.

Sunset grit her teeth and turned back around to see Rarity.

----------------------------------------------

Despite Rarity's words of reassurance, Sunset still felt ill at ease. She wanted this feeling to go away...

"You're a monster..."

Sunset's eyes widened, and she turned around. Nobody was there. She grit her teeth and clenched her hands into fists. Was she losing her mind?? No. She shook her head. She just needed something to distract her, and hopefully the next class would be just what she needed...

----------------------------------------------

"You're a monster..."

Sunset held herself tightly as she left her second period class. That was the third time she'd heard that today, and it was three times too many for her. She shuddered, then noticed Fluttershy a few steps ahead of her. Maybe she'd be able to help...

----------------------------------------------

Sunset didn't like lying to Fluttershy, but she didn't want her friend worrying about her. Yet at the same time, she hated herself for doing so.

"You're a monster."

Sunset winced and grabbed her head. "...Please stop..." She wasn't sure how much more of this she could take...

----------------------------------------------

Third period was over, and Sunset Shimmer felt like she was barely keeping herself in check.

"You're a monster."

Sunset growled. The voice had become more insistent, and something in the back of her mind told her that she should recognize where she first heard those words.

Sunset blinked. Had she heard those words spoken to her before? She didn't know... She sighed heavily, then saw Pinkie Pie a few feet ahead. Hopefully she'd be able to help her out...

----------------------------------------------

Sunset smiled warmly as she walked away from Pinkie. Her hugs were always warm, and always put her mind at ease...

"You're a monster."

The voice sounded closer, and Sunset grit her teeth as a memory of herself surfaced in her mind's eye. It was the night of the Fall Formal, and she had the sledgehammer in her hands. She shook her head rapidly, then went on to her next class.

----------------------------------------------

Fourth period ended, and Sunset's memory had persisted throughout class. She left the classroom and looked around. With each student she passed, she grit her teeth. She felt a headache coming on...

"You're a monster!"
"You're a monster!"
"You're a monster!"

Sunset cried out, covering her mouth just in time to avoid any unwanted attention. A lump formed in her throat as she felt her eyes water. She wanted this madness to end... She took a deep breath, then saw Rainbow Dash.

"R... Rainbow..."

----------------------------------------------

"I love you like a sister, and I'm worried about you..." Rainbow's words echoed in Sunset's head, but did little to rid her of all the things that had been plaguing her mind all day. She remembered that she Pinkie Promised Pinkie Pie that she'd keep in touch with her!

How are you holding up? - Pinkie Pie

Sunset sent back a text.

Sorry about that... - Sunset Shimmer

Was busy talking to Rainbow Dash.

I'm doing just fine, don't you worry.

Why the fuck was Sunset still lying to her friends?! She blinked, feeling her phone buzz.

Good to know, Sunset. Good to know. - Pinkie Pie

The warning bell for fifth period rang, and Sunset Shimmer knew why she was lying to her friends. It wasn't just that she didn't want them to worry about her...

...It was that she deserved this suffering.

----------------------------------------------

Sunset Shimmer left her fifth period class, feeling empty. The anguish she'd been experiencing throughout the day had taken its toll on her, and she just wanted the day to end...

"You're a monster..."

Sunset sniffled, but pressed on. She had to. It was all she could do to avoid falling completely to despair. Just an inch away from madness, she ignored all that transpired around her. All that mattered was getting to the cafeteria and talking to her friends...

...Friends that she didn't think she deserved anymore.

"You're a monster..."

Sunset grit her teeth. "Shut up..."

"You're a monster..."

Sunset sniffled again as her hands balled into fists. "D-Dammit..."

"You're a monster..."

Sunset shuddered. "P... Please stop..." She whimpered. This was a battle that she had been losing from the start, and she needed help. She needed her friends... that she didn't deserve.

No... she did deserve them!

No... she didn't.

No... she did!

Sunset grabbed her head, hissing through her teeth. Whether or not she deserved them anymore was irrelevant at this point. What was most important was that she needed them, and she needed them desperately. She'd figure the rest out after a talk with them.

Sunset sighed wearily as she felt mentally and emotionally drained. Speaking to her friends would push her beyond the limits she had already reached, but she knew all too well that there could be no healing without pain. She scoffed. Yeah, she hadn't had enough of that today...

With her friends in her mind, Sunset Shimmer fought through the pain as she reached the cafeteria.

I sure hope this all ends today, she thought as she entered.

Within minutes, Sunset would come to realize that for her...

...it was just the beginning.

Author's Note:

One.