• Published 1st Feb 2019
  • 3,343 Views, 49 Comments

Dry Bowser's Displacement - Cipher800



A man gets displaced as Dry Bowser after buying an item from the wrong merchant.

  • ...
13
 49
 3,343

Chapter One

"One, two, three." I said as I threw a newly-conjured bone at a nearby megalith, shattering it and sending its chunks flying in various directions as I smirked. I happened into another clearing, filled with megaliths and other giant stones. I held out my hand again and conjured up another bone. "One, two, three." I then threw it at yet another megalith. I had taken the time to practice my magic here. Thankfully, there were no other people nearby, just the occasional animals. But that thing is all that counts, right? Right? Anyway, I switched paces and looked at a stray tree, and inhaled deeply. I felt a burning sensation go right up my neck bones, and bent forward, exhaling a stream of blue fire that burned the tree to an ashy crisp that blew away in the breeze.

"Perfect. Fully mastered my basic abilities." I said as I walked right into the nearby river as submerged in it. I didn't have to bother closing my eyes for this one, although it was rather tingly feeling the water run through my skull. I then got up from the riverbank as I looked off to see what I had done with the area. "Heh, not bad for a skeleton, I must admit. But I should go now, God forbid running into any trouble." I said as I continued going down the forest, leaving a mess behind as the wider world awaited. Pretty convenient to place those things there, huh, universe? Or is it multiverse? Ah, who cares about that as of now, the rocks, or the trees? Oh well, saves me the pain for asking. I was practicing my basic abilities, such as bone manipulation and fire breath. I learned that there was also telekinesis and teleportation, as I saw a nearby pebble get engulfed in a blue aura and gain a blue tint before levitating a few meters before falling back down. That will have to be mastered soon. Hmm, makes me wonder what time period I am in. A roaring sound came from behind me as I looked to see a giant cat. It roared at me and charged towards my direction. "Tough." I said as I materialized a bone in my hand. "Batter up!" I said as I swung it like a baseball bat, and rammed it full force into the cat, sending its severed head skyward. "Fore!" I yelled as I looked at the head as it disappeared from my vision with a blink of light. "Gwahaha! Already a newbie and I have it under the bag now." I said as I looked around before looking at the corpse of the once mighty feline, thinking about what to do with it.

I am a skeleton, so I do not need to eat its meat, so that is a no-go. I pulled out a sword blade-shaped metal I found from within one of the shattered boulders and some flint and began skinning the corpse with the flint until I got some basic leather straps. I learned how to craft objects at one of my old camps, so this is easy, although disgusting, it stains my bones. With the raw materials I had at my disposal and some basic magic, within a few hours, I made a small sword I could wield, with the metal blade, a guard made out of bones, and a handle made from a stick, all strapped together with leather and tar. It would do for now. I soon saw another light nearby, and walked out. I was half-expecting another clearing, but I finally found myself in the edge of the forest. "Finally, out of that maze." I stated as I saw myself atop the edge of a hill. It was very beautiful. I could see a mountain range at the distance and beautiful clouds over a wide meadow that had the occasional tree in it. I also saw something else. Smoke, more specifically, chimney smoke. And where's the chimney smoke, there's a settlement. Fortunately, I blew the cat head in the opposite direction, so hopefully they didn't notice it at all.

"Dragon skeleton came out of forest, I do not like this." I heard a voice say.

"Huh?" I say as I look towards the sound of the voice. I saw a sea green earth pony mane with a blue mane. She seemed to be wearing what looked like primitive cloth and a bone necklace. "And when am I supposed to be, now?"

"Dragon skeleton talks! Dragon skeleton has blood on it. I must warn guard and town- EEP! I want down now! I want down now!" she said as she was caught in my hand. I looked at her eye level.

"And who happens to rule this place, now?" I ask as she shivered in response.

"Queen Galaxia and King Aristotle rule place! They rule place, now I want down!" she said.

"Okay, why didn't you say so, Beverly?" I said, making a reference Scott's quote to B from Total Drama: Revenge of the Island before dropping her as pulling out my book as she ran down to the village from whence she came from, and I honestly didn't know who her name was, nor do I care. I saw a few cottages surrounded by primitive farms. Said cottages had a base of stone with wood walls and a thatched roof. Alright, now where am I? I'm not in the Grazing Age, it's too early, and it doesn't sound like an era ruled by Celestia and/or Luna, either. So, I looked in the book. "The Precelestial Era. This era is in between the Grazing Age and the first Hearth's Warming. Huh, it sounded a bit like cave talk she was saying, but more formal. It varies upon universe, and it depends on how Celestia and Luna's childhood goes. Sometimes, they're orphans, sometimes they ascend into alicornhood, and sometimes, they are born royalty." I read. Queen Galaxia? King Aristotle? Those names sound royal to me, so I'm guessing they're Celestia and Luna's parents in this universe, or whatever. That means that the two sisters were babies, children, or not even born yet. Anyway, I should not get on the bad side of those two, and I only know things from fanon profiles about Celestia and Luna's parents. I sighed and walked to the left. Well, at least with Celestia and Luna, I could get some intel, but their parents are another story. Why did I have to go through it half-blind now is a mystery to me. Should I get through this blind or not? This has been a weird day so far, and I still don't get anything. But I may need something fast to get away before that mare's word gets out of the village. I looked to see a cart in the distance, being pulled by what looked like a cow. Man, what to do, if that thing gets into the village right now, God knows what will happen. Think, boy, think. There's gotta be something to do. They'd just think she is crazy and send her to the asylum if it is my world, but this is Equestria, so there's gotta be magic around here.


"Aristotle, I have a feeling that something bad is coming." Galaxia said to her husband, Aristotle. Galaxia herself was a whitish-orange alicorn with a brilliant blue mane and a spiral galaxy cutie mark, while Aristotle was a midnight blue alicorn with a dark purple mane and a white star for a cutie mark, both of which were dressed in their regalia.

"I have a feeling of that, too, but, you still have the baby to look after." Aristotle said as Galaxia looked to see her still pregnant belly. "It won't be another month until she comes out, and I don't want our first foal to be put in harm's way if what you are saying is true." Aristotle said. Whether it be a prince or princess, they needed an heir.

"I guess you have a point with me." Galaxia admitted. "But we still need to figure out what is happening, I am not half-sure what it is, whether it be a Chaos Bringer or something else." She then looked out a window. "But are you feeling hungry by any chance?" the white alicorn asked as she heard a grumble from her belly.

Aristotle heard a grumble from his belly as well. "Well, no purpose thinking about it on an empty stomach. I'll have the chefs prepare a meal for us and put it here." the blue alicorn said as he looked back at Galaxia and kissed her before going on his way to request his meal. Galaxia always liked the casseroles they made, and so did he. Whatever that threat is or where it came from, they weren't entirely sure on it. But they were sure that they really needed a mean lunch today.