• Published 1st Feb 2019
  • 3,615 Views, 98 Comments

Friendship Knight - Pegyunicorn



Every princess needs a trusty knight, who better to be Twilight's than Tempest.

  • ...
14
 98
 3,615

Like a Apple Tree

“Out of the way of the Great and Powerful Trixie, she can not be bothered to look at your ugly faces.” The blue unicorn said as she walked through the halls with her hat blocking her view. Trixie navigated by waving her hoof in front of her knocking over what is likely very expensive vases and other decorations every few steps. Eventually she bumped into something soft and furry. “What part of get out of the Great and Powerful Trixie’s way did you not understand?” She said indignantly.

“Um Trixie? Why are you covering your eyes with your hat?”

Trixie knew that voice and yanked her hat up. “Glim-Glam! I was looking for you.” She gazed at Starlight Glimmer who’s coat seemed particularly beautiful today and her hair seemed oh so perfect. Hearts immediately filled the young magician’s eyes as she saw the other unicorn. “Starlight... have you done something different with your hair? You look stunning today.”

Starlight gave the other mare a confused look. “Um… no? Why do you ask?”

“What can’t a mare compliment a beautiful lady when she sees one. Now what do you say about getting some food? I’m starving.” Trixie offered.

“Sure that sounds good. Just let me grab my saddle bag with my bits in it.” Starlight said knowing the drill. Trixie never paid.

“No need. It’s my treat.” Trixie said.

Starlight’s jaw dropped she spun around magic blast charged on her horn. “You’re not Trixie!? Who are you and where is my friend!?”

“Yesh! Chill out Glimmy. What kind of mare would I be if I made elegant mare like you pay for a meal?” Trixie said far smoother than she had ever been before.

“Okay if your Trixie answer this. Who is the greatest magician to ever live?”

“Easy it’s Jack Pot. He’s a legend. Most ponies think I’d say myself but I’m not that much of a narcissist.” Trixie answered.

“Yeah that's why I asked if your were pretending to be Trixie you’d say yourself. Still you’re acting weird Trixie.” Starlight pointed out.

“You’re acting weird Starlight. Why are your so suspicious of you’re marefriend?” Trixie asked.

“Marefriend? Trixie what are you talking about?” Starlight replied shocked.

“Yeah she isn’t your marefriend.” a new voice said from down the hall. Flash Sentry stepped out of the shadows in an over dramatic fashion. “She’s MINE.”

“Is she, chicken boy? Are you willing to fight over her?” Trixe asked taking off her hat and cape.

“Fight you? Ha thats funny. It won’t be a fight it’ll be a mild distraction at best.” Flash said getting into position to take flight and rush his foe.

Magic crackled around Trixie’s horn. “Oh. I’m going to pluck your feathers and make a new pillow out of them.”

“What the buck?” Starlight asked under her breath as the two love struck idiots stared each other down.

The two dorks glared each other. A tension in the air. Soon the two began shouting.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”
“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

Lighting cracked around them both, pebbles lifted off the ground despite being indoors where there were no pebbles they seeming appeared solely to add to the drama. Yellow energy built around both Trixie and Flash as they charged their Ki. Then in a flash of yellow light they both stood glaring at each other their manes now a golden blonde.

“Ha I’m surprised a weakening like you can even go super saiyan. Still it won’t be enough to beat me.” Super Saiyan Trixie taunted.

“The jokes on you because I promise underestimating me is the last thing you’ll ever do.” Super Saiyan Flash Sentry shot back.

They both pulled their forehooves back standing on their back hooves.

“KAAAAAAAAAAMEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAMEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAA!”
They both screamed blue energy waves flying towards each other.

“ENOUGH!” Starlight screamed teleporting right in the middle and blocking both attacks with a shield of her magic. After the dust had settled Starlight stood unamused by the actions of these dumb weebs. She lashed out with her own magic as her horn’s glow grabbed both of them by the ear and dragged them toward her.

“Ow ow ow ow! Glim-Glam that hurts! Stop!” Trixie whined powering down as her hair returned to it’s normal.

“Ouch! Starlight babe that hurts! Ouch!” Flash also complained as he two reverted to his lame old self.

“Okay you two listen up. Flash did you drink any of that potion that fell out the window?” Starlight asked the pegasus.

“Yeah I think a few drops fell into my mouth. Why?”

“Trixie what about you?”

“Trixie isn’t dumb enought to drink random potions she finds lying around. All Trixie did was drink some pink soda she found. Most had spilled out but a few drops were still in a large piece of broken glass. It was bitter and gross so I spit it out.”

Starlight rubbed her temples, she felt a headache coming on. “ Okay. Looks like we need to visit Zecora.” She said trapping the other two in stasis field and levitating them along behind her.

She was almost at the door when she came upon an odd scene. Students gathered around Twilight and a pony on the ground. Twilight was casting some form of healing spell. Herodicus’ spell of mending, Starlight judged. Good for fractured bones but not powerful enough for full on brakes. “What happened?”

Yona who was being comforted by Sandbar answered sobbing “Yona smash broken pony!”

Sandbar clarified. “She thought Miss Tempest was being mean to Silverstream and charged. Turns out they were just talking and Miss Tempest was helping Silverstream overcome her fear of her.”

Starlight moved over to Twilight. “How bad is it?”

“Honestly it looks worse than it is. Nothing broken just bruised and a few fractured bones.” Twilight said.

“Her horn looks pretty broken to me. Kinda gross to.” Trixie said.

“Dude! Rude!” Flash said.

Twilight pointed her hoof at the two suspended ponies. “Do I even want to know?”

“Magic potion mishap. I need to take them to Zecora to fix their minds.” Starlight told the alicorn.

“Starlight did you brainwash them? I told you to quit brainwashing ponies.” Twilight scolded her student like a mother catching their child stealing cookies from the jar.

“It was an accidental brainwashing, and accidental brainwashings don’t count.” Starlight tried to defend.

“Trixie is hungry.” Trixie complained floating upside down.

“Yeah babe can you make us a sandwich or something?” Flash asked.

“Hey that's sexist!” Trixie scolded.

“No I’m just asking cuz we're trapped here.”

“Yeah right pig. Trixie wants a sandwich to sweetie but unlike this jerk here Trixie will help in the kitchen. Trixie can cook a great can of beans over a campfire.” Trixie wiggled her eyebrows certain her mare would swoon over her culinary skills.

“No. No eating we need to get to Zecora. Twilight you got this?” Starlight gestured to the unconscious pony.

“Yeah I got this. Go deal with dumb and dumber.” The princess decreed. Starlight need no more encouragement and headed out the school door.

“You’re dumber.” Trixie told Flash.

“No you.” Flash fired back.

“Ugh Celestia? Luna? Is this some kind of punishment for switching your cutie marks?” Starlight complained to the heavenly sisters. Of course neither goddess answered the cry.

“Are the princesses here?” Flash asked.

“No you moron. It was an expression.” Starlight said.

“Hey Glim-Glam you think Twilight and that other mare will hook up? Twilight is totally in lesbians with her.” Trixie told her.

“Yeah I think they’ll hook up. Hopefully in three more weeks.” Starlight said.

“Hey babe, You think they’d be down with a orgy with me and you?” Flash asked.

“Ugh your such a perv. Still Glimmy-Shimmy you think they’d be down with the two of us? I got to admit I had a bit of a crush on Twilight and if you look past the freaky broken horn the other mare is kinda hot.” Trixie asked.

“I can change this spell to where you guys can’t talk either. I’m being nice using the version that lets you talk. Don’t make me stop being nice.” Starlight said heading for the Everfree Forest.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight was still trying to mend the wounds on her new captain. After a few minutes Tempest began to stir slowly coming back from her second unplanned nap in the last hour alone. She looked up into the face of a beautiful mare. “Ugh am I dead? Because you look like an angel.” the mulberry warrior said groggily.

Twilight blushed like a schoolfilly. “Fizzlepop it’s me Twilight.” The scared mare eyes went wide and she stood up far too quick for anypony who had just been hit like she had. “Fizzlepop be careful. Don’t put too much weight on your foreleg. I’m afraid this injury hurt the leg you broke before you came to Ponyville.”

Tempest blushed like never before praying to whichever devine entity this situation fell under the jurisdiction of that Twilight didn't hear her call her an angel. “I’m fine Twilight, see?” Tempest put a tiny bit more weight on said leg and almost immediately crashed to the ground.

“Fizzle!” Twilight exclaimed catching the mare.

“Okay maybe not that fine.” Tempest was forced to sit on her haunches.

“Here let's go to your room. I’ll teleport us in just a second.” Twilight turned to address the students. “Ok everycreature move along. Miss Berrytwist will be fine in a few days.” With the students sent along Twilight teleported herself and Tempest to the warrior’s new room in the castle. Twilight laid the mare down in her bed gently with her magic. She noticed a weird look on the injured mare’s face. “Are you ok Fizzlepop?”

“Yeah bit sore and all but fine.”

“Then what's with that look on your face? You look like your uncomfortable. Do you want me to get you anything?”

“No I’m fine its just…” Tempest trailed off looking away to avoid eye contact. “...You know it’s been awhile is all.”

Twilight cocked her head to the side. “Been awhile since what?”

“I felt magic surround me like that. Since before my horn.” Tempest taped the broken appendaged.

Twilight sat down on the edge of the bed. “I’m still not sure I follow. Is magic different for you now? I know it’s more chaotic but does it feel different?”

Tempest nodded. “Yeah. I wasn’t sure I remembered it right but being teleported just now confirmed I was. It’s like sinking into a warm bath after a long day with a slight tingle to it to. It’s relaxing.”

“And how does it feel with your horn broken?”

“Like ice cold water rushing down your spine and straight out your head. And that little tingle more like a painful shock right to your skull. It hurts but I got use to it.”

“Is there no way to fix your horn?”

“I doubt it, even the Storm King probably just lied about that. If it’s just a chip or a crack in your horn it can be fixed but the whole thing being broken is just too much.”

“Oh.” Twilight said disappointed. She wanted to help her friend but she also knew Tempest had looked into it all her life. Still Twilight saw lots of books about horn injuries in her future.

“Hey Twilight thanks for all this help and do me a favor. Don’t be too hard on the Yak kid they just wanted to protect their friend.”

“Don’t worry, I'll give them a stern lecture on assumptions and not learning what's really going on before getting involved in something but thats all I plan on doing.” Twilight explained.

“Good. Those are the kids that saved the school right or at least some of them right?” Twilight gave Tempest a nod. “Good can you send them to my office once I get healed up. I want to talk to them all. I’ll write up an official proposal for you first.”

“Okay. Now I want you to wait here for a bit I’ll grab us some food and some books to read. Do not fall asleep. Silverstream told me you had just woken up from her knocking you out when Yona knocked you out again.”

Tempest gave a little salut as Twilight teleported out of the room. As soon as the purple mare disappeared Tempest hopped out of bed. Careful to avoid putting weight on the forehoof that was still healing when a yak charged her. She scrambled around her spartan bedroom frantically searching. “Where is it? Where is it? Where is that bucking poster?”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So ya see if ya find somethin’ embarassin’ like a love letter or a embarrisin’ picture of a friend of yers. The right thing to do would be ta give it back to em.” Apple Bloom explained to the student she had been tutoring.

“Thanks Apple Bloom I feel much better about that friendship test tomorrow. Anyway I should be heading off. See you around.”

“See ya and don’t forget to be honest. Since it’s ma sister’s test that’ll be on there somewhere fer sure.” Applebloom waved goodbye. She turned the corner to head home for the day when she almost stepped on a rolled up poster. “No look here. I’m talking about pictures and here's a poster. I wonder if it’s somecritter’s project. I better look and see if they wrote their name on it.” Apple Bloom unfurled the poster and turned red as her brother as soon as she saw the painting of wet mane Twilight. “Whoa Nelly. I… I… just... wow.”

“Apple Bloom I finished ma last class where ya at?” Apple Bloom heard her sister calling.

The bow wearing farmer rolled the poster back up and stuffed it into her saddle bags. Unfortunately almost half of it stuck out the top. “Ah’m comin’ sis!” Apple Bloom called out. She ran around the corner to see Applejack waiting for her. “Howdy sis ya ready to get home?”

“Sure am sugarcube. Hey what’s ya got there?” A.J. asked pointing to the poster.

Apple Bloom tried not to panic. “That’s um just a poster of Rainbow Dash in her Wonderbolt uniform. Scootaloo wanted me to take it to the clubhouse.”

“Oh can I see it?”

“No!” A.J raised an eyebrow at her sister and Apple Bloom knew she had to salvage this. “I mean it was just kinda hard ta get in my saddlebags without bendin’ it. Plus it looks just like tha one Rainbow showed ya last week.”

“Ain’t Scootaloo got one to then?” A.J. asked.

“Yeah but she wanted one for the club house. Ya know who Scootaloo is.” Apple Bloom spun her hoof around her head. Signing that the other crusader was a little crazy.

“Ha I reckon she is when it comes to Rainbow Dash. Still it’s a good thing she has an honest friend like you to look out fer her.” Applejack said obliviously. “I’m proud of ya sis.” A.J said patting her sister’s head.

Apple Bloom stood there a moment feeling guilty as her sister walked off. Once she was out of earshot Apple Bloom glared at the poster. “Well buck me like an apple tree.”