• Published 25th Dec 2011
  • 10,591 Views, 425 Comments

Stuck In The Middle With You - Vargras



Luna opens a summer camp, but the campers who sign up certainly aren't who she expects.

  • ...
15
 425
 10,591

Epilogue: A Chat Between Two Sisters

"Come in, Luna. Yes, I know it's you."

Luna simply sighed in return and nudged the door to her sister's room open, a letter in her mouth as she trotted in. It had been a week or so since the end of Luna's summer camp, and both sisters had been busy since then - the younger sibling had since returned to holding court at night, and surprisingly enough, both of them had been seemingly swamped in requests from the citizens of Equestria. Even the night court, which was typically a slow and boring affair, had been quite busy.

There was a silver lining to all of this, of course. The Bearers and Pip had already begun to send letters in, and simply receiving one was often enough to brighten their day. When the first letter had arrived, Celestia had been absolutely giddy, and the white alicorn had hastily torn open the envelope and yanked the letter out. Since then, the two sisters had made it a habit of getting together whenever one of them received a letter, and they would simply read them out-loud. Some of the letters had even come with a little something extra - Pinkie Pie had the tendency to include cookies with her letters, and Pip would often include a doodle or two of his own creation. Celestia often joked that Pip had picked up such a habit from Luna, but the younger sibling never denied it.

Luna walked over in front of her elder sibling and placed the letter down in front of her. "This one's a little more special than the others."

"Special? Special how?" Celestia had already levitated the envelope up and began to inspect it, and she quickly raised an eyebrow upon spotting something. "...it's got your wax seal. This is from you."

"Mhm. Open it."

The white alicorn did as told, breaking the wax seal and pulling out the letter within it. Not long after, she unfolded it and began to read.

To my dearest sister,

I'll admit, I was skeptical when you first told me your idea about opening a summer camp. All I could think was how it was going to end in disaster, and how it would further tarnish my reputation. I'm glad you won out in the end, because I ended up making six new friends. Six!

Sure, some of the activities didn't really go as planned, but I'm okay with that. If everything had gone perfectly, I think the camp actually would have been rather boring. I learned a great deal from my guests, though I'm still slowly figuring out just what I've learned - all I know is that I've come out as a better pony in the end.

To finish up this letter, I'd like to do three things: First, I'd like to thank you. You were simply trying to help when you first proposed the idea of a summer camp, and you ended up doing just that when I went along with it. Thanks for being the best sister a pony could ever hope for.

The last two things are actually two requests. For the first request, I'd like you to come with me to Ponyville for this year's Night Mare Night. I don't think many of the citizens of Equestria have ever seen both Princesses at the same time. Besides, I think it'd be quite fun! You spend too much time holed up in this stuffy castle, and that's saying a lot when it's coming from me.

For the second request, I'd like to formally ask to make Pip my apprentice. Now, I know what you're thinking - Pip isn't a unicorn, and so he's completely incapable of practicing magic. While that may be the kind of apprentice you have, that's not the kind of apprentice I want. Little Pip has a very unique and special gift, and if you'll excuse the pun, he seems to be quite bright in regards to astronomy. I'd like to help him hone his talents. For all we know, he may very well end up making some very big discoveries.

With love,
Luna

"Well?"

Celestia looked up from the letter, only to find herself staring at a grinning Luna. "Well what?"

"The requests."

"Oh! Well... you drive a hard bargain, Luna..."

"...Celestia."

"In regards to both requests, little sister? Permission granted."

The dusky alicorn let out a squeal and threw her forelegs around her sister's neck, giving her a hug. "Thank you, 'Tia! Thank you so much!"

Celestia snickered and slowly shook her head as she hugged back. "You know you didn't have to ask for my permission, right? You're a Princess, after all."

"Oh, I know. I just wanted to do it anyways. Makes me happier when I know you approve of something." Luna grinned and broke away from the hug, standing back and looking down at her elder sibling. "I suppose I'll go to Ponyville tomorrow to break the news to Pip and his parents. And... I suppose you'll be coming with me on Night Mare Night too?"

The white alicorn briefly looked away to peer at the calendar that hung upon her wall, and as she turned back towards Luna, she grinned.

"You can count on it."

Comments ( 71 )

And Stuck In The Middle With You is now complete! Thanks to everyone that has read so far. Hope you've all enjoyed it!

Ok so my last comment was a little premature. NOW I can congratulate you on completing a wonderful story.:twilightsmile:

Stuck in the Middle with You was one hell of a ride, let me tell you. I was pumped for this the second I finished reading Hiatus, and I wasn't disappointed. Seriously, it's like you don't know how to write Luna poorly.

Both princesses. That'd be a Nightmare Night for the ages...

WOOOOOOOO! Goddesses, DAT ENDING. It is beautiful, innit?
And, "Little Pip" thrown in there. Nice one!
I enjoyed the crap outta this story!
Can't wait to see what your brain comes up with next!

Only one word can describe your stories:

SuperMegaAwesomeCoolBrilliantPerfectUndescriableInAGoodWay

Both those pranksters, how will Ponyvile survive...

Ice

Hmm, See the problem is I wanna see how this Luna/Pip thing works out.

288364
It's... not shipping, though. He's just gonna be her apprentice so she can teach him more about astronomy.

Ice

288366 I knew that shipping would just ruin it for me personaly.

This story was awesome, nuff said.

It shouldn't even matter that Pip isn't a unicorn, should it? I have a hard time imagining that there isn't also a Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Pegasi, and one for earth ponies as well.

288480
I get the feeling that anything involving pegasi is Cloudsdale's problem, rather than Canterlot's. In any case, no, it doesn't matter - considering all of Celestia's apprentices have been so they could hone their magic, however, there's still a bit of a need to be specific.

wonder what Tia would dress as?

I can't think of anything more disappointing than trying to make "discoveries" in astronomy when the night sky itself is nothing but a princess' art project.

Fun times were had with this story.
I think that about sums it up. =3

Thunderous, sun-crushing applause. Well, minus the sun-crushing. That wouldn't be very nice to Celestia.

I've thoroughly enjoyed reading this fic, definitely looking forward to whatever you do next.

Are there any other project sequels to this, or maybe a branching off story of an adult Pip traveling the far distant lands of Zebras, Griffons, Goats, Cows, exotic Greek mythology creatures, Dragons, etc under the guidance of Princess Luna?

288738
Nope. I've got other things I want to work on.

288765 Well, then, I'm not writing that. Guess the idea's out the window. *Kicks idea out window* :trixieshiftleft::trixieshiftright: Noone saw that.

Every time I read an update of this story, I came away smiling :pinkiehappy:
A job very well done, I can't wait to read whatever stories come next.

I remember reading something about a certain pony nurse in a blog if I'm not mistaken.

Either way, great story and I love Luna even more!

you are awesome:rainbowkiss:
I just hope that I can write as well as you do

Funny little story. I'd give you my stars, but they took them all away from me, so have my thumb instead.

-readies bonesaw-

289036
Hey! it worked last time, we got the totally awesome "Unintended" from that, so like a gambler that can totally quit at any time! I thought I'd try my luck once more.

(Well that, and the fact that there's a little voice in my head that drives me crazy with it's incessant "Twilestia" shouting....... buuuttt that's beside the point.)

289061
Don't get your hopes up this time around. I really don't care much for Twilestia or Twiluna, and it's rare for me to even like the pairing at all - whoever writes it has to do a damn good job to make me like it. So far, only Composure has really pulled that off.

Me personally, I like to go no further than friendshipping when Twilight and the Royal Sisters are involved.

289096
Too late, hopes are at an all-time high here.
I'll stop bugging you about it though.

Looking forward to more general stories instead (it almost seems like you're one of the only writers that can write stories which don't involve any danger and can still be awesome(my dabbles don't really count))
So please keep up the great writing. :twilightsmile:

oh god Celestia at nightmare night would be a riot....

SEQUEL SEQUEL
A DEMAND A SEQUEL TO THIS SEQUEL

wonderful as always, loved the story

Great story, mate!

Excellent story. You're too dang good at this! =P I love the way you portray the princesses.

This has been an awesome story :3 I'm so glad I joined in for the ride xD

Also... You have succesfully replaced "academic Luna" headcanon with "Artsy Luna" headcanon. I hope you're proud of yourself; you just replaced headcanon I got from Progress :3 xD

291273
All according to plan...

Hey vargras how about a bonus chapter about the next Nightmare Night?
Please?:fluttershysad:

I'm kinda sad that one of my favorite stories has come to an end.
fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/009/9/3/the_end_by_zlack3r-d4lvpk6.png

Thanks for this story!

Over? OVER!? I haven't felt this sad since Hiatus ended...

Hmmm. Fun Nightmare Night costumes for the princesses... Each other!

Oh Vargras, is there any chance you'll pick this up later? I just know you'd write the Princesses' Nightmare Night antics so well.

A lovely, wonderful story. I enjoyed the first one and this sequel was just as well made.

i liked this so much i read this then most of the comments! It was every thing i expected after reading Hiatus and more! :heart::heart::heart:

293966
Probably not.

294480
Not yet.

294849
Eh, had to ask. Looking forward to your next story~

One of the best stories I have ever read. The stories are pretty much clean in terms of grammar and spelling problems, and the best part is, your skill for emulating personalities and characteristics is essentially spot-on. Seriously, I have never seen anyone portray the characters shown so vibrantly, clearly, and accurately. The chapters all flow very well, and everything sounds so casual-like. Props on that, good sir.

And personally, thank you for not going any further than friendshipping. Throwing in shipping inside casual stories just ruins the flow and mood. ;D

All in all, brilliant story. You can bet I'm not exaggerating anything here. :3
- EmuZSNES

Brilliant just brilliant.
*begging for a trilogy*

I loved it. But I want more!:raritydespair:

Login or register to comment