• Published 31st Jan 2019
  • 6,887 Views, 21 Comments

Anon-A-Miss: Confrontation - CapNTilfy



Sunset's been enjoying quality time with her friends, but when pictures are taken and secrets are exposed, will the six stay together?

  • ...
10
 21
 6,887

Confrontation

Author's Note:

An important note to all who read: this is not the first story of Anon-A-Miss Saga.

This is:

TPrelude to Anon-A-Miss: Sunset's Redemption
Set shortly after the Battle of the Bands, Sunset adjusts to her newfound popularity. Book One of Prelude to Anon-A-Miss.
CapNTilfy · 6.9k words  ·  94  11 · 3.5k views

I just don't want anyone to get confused and feel like they missed something when they did. =)

Sunset Shimmer smiled to herself as she entered Canterlot High. After all her struggles in life, she finally felt she had a family. That she felt loved. She put her jacket in her locker, then noticed her friends standing together. "Hey, girls," she said with a smile. "What's going..." she trailed off as she noticed Applejack and Rarity eye her suspiciously. Fluttershy looked as though she was on the verge of tears, and Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie looked uncertain. "...on?"

"Sunset," Applejack said warily. "Do you... have you lost your phone?"

Sunset raised an eyebrow. "Um... no?" She fished her phone out of her pocket and showed it to Applejack. "It's right here. Why?"

Applejack scowled and put a hand on her hip as she handed Sunset her phone. "Then you need to explain this."

Sunset took Applejack's phone and noticed a MyStable page with the user name of Anon-A-Miss. A post saying "OMG... what a bunch of dorks!" was directly above several pictures. One depicted Applejack with several red bandannas tied on her arms. She wore torn jeans and a black shirt with green diamonds. She was playing a green electric guitar. Another was a picture of a very surprised Rarity caught in a selfie with Pinkie Pie, who was dressed in a blue fancy suit and hat. She continued scrolling until the end. "What?! How'd she get our pictures?"

"They're not our pictures, Sunset," Applejack said accusingly, glaring at her. "They're yours. All those pictures were taken by you."

Rainbow Dash began to clench her fists. This didn't feel right to her. Something just wasn't adding up.

"Wait, but..." Sunset said, as panic and dread began to fill her. "...but I've had my phone all this time! How did she-"

"Yeah, how did she," Applejack asked as she walked up to Sunset. "How did she know about my nickname? How did she get the pictures from your phone?" She pointed an accusing finger at her. "It was you all along! You're 'Anon-A-Miss'!"

Sunset's eyes widened in horror. This couldn't be happening! "No, wait, you guys..." She began to choke up. "I-I didn't do this! I could never hurt any of you!" Oh sweet Celestia, she was going to lose her friends! She didn't want to be alone in this world again!

Rainbow Dash shot over to Sunset's side. "Okay, that's enough," she said angrily, holding her arms out.

"Rainbow Dash," exclaimed Rarity. "What is the meaning of this?"

"I could ask you all the same thing," Rainbow said.

"What in tarnation are you yammerin' about, Dash?"

Rainbow glanced at Applejack. "I believe her. And you all should too," she said with conviction.

"Have you gone loco in the coco, Dashie," Pinkie asked incredulously, flailing her arms.

"No. I haven't," Rainbow said, then put her hand to her head with a sigh. "Honestly, you guys. Think about this for one second!"

"Okay," Rarity said as she folded her arms. "We're listening."

"What does Sunset Shimmer have to gain from all this," Rainbow asked, gesturing to the girl in question. "Why would she do something like this after she worked so hard to earn trust from the student body?" Applejack, Pinkie, Rarity and Fluttershy shuffled with uncertain looks on their faces. "If you ask me, she has everything to lose by doing this. She'd lose us as friends and the trust of Canterlot High as a whole!"

Sunset remained still as she watched Rainbow Dash come to her defense. It was both surprising and not. Surprising because she was almost positive beyond the shadow of a doubt that they'd all abandon her over something she didn't do, but not surprising because her defender was the human Element of Loyalty. She resisted every urge to hug and thank her.

"And most of all," Rainbow continued. "Would Sunset Shimmer have ponied up even if she truly hadn't changed?"

The four girls looked down on the floor and fell silent. Several moments passed by, then Pinkie Pie shot towards Sunset and burst into tears. "I-I'm s-sorry for doubting you," she cried out, then sobbed into her chest and hugged her tightly.

Applejack walked up to Sunset with her hat in her hands. "I'm awful sorry for accusing you, sugarcube," she said as a tear fell from her cheek. "I just got so worked up, I-I wasn't thinkin' straight." She joined Pinkie in the hug.

Rarity put a hand on Sunset's shoulder. "Can you ever forgive us for acting so rash, darling," she asked sincerely.

Sunset felt a lump in her throat and sniffled. "O-Of course I can, Rarity," she said, her voice quavering. "You guys are like a family to me."

Fluttershy shot over to Sunset, sobbing uncontrollably. "We love you, Sunset," she said between sobs.

"I... I love you guys, too!" Sunset broke and held all of her friends tightly, crying tears of joy and relief. She never, ever wanted to feel lonely ever again.

Rainbow walked over and joined the hug, shedding tears of her own. She was pulled into the hug by Sunset, who repeatedly thanked her until she had no more tears left in her. Once all tears were shed, the girls broke the hug.

Rarity took out a tissue from a tissue holder in her backpack and blew her nose, then promptly threw it away and washed her hands, swiftly returning to her friends. "Now that we've established that Sunset is innocent, where do we go from here?"

Sunset wiped a tear from her eye, then took a deep breath and composed herself. "I'm sure we'll figure something out," she said. "We just need to brainstorm, that's all."

As the girls discussed ideas, they failed to notice a light green girl walking away from them and rounding the corner.

----------------------------------------------

"Dammit," Wallflower muttered under her breath. "I should have known it wouldn't be that easy to break them apart." She sighed heavily, then sent a message.

All right, Trixie. Looks like it's time for plan B. - Wallflower Blush

What did you have in mind?

Wallflower received a text. She read it, then laughed. "Wow," she whispered. "That's inspired..."

Comments ( 21 )

THANK FAUST!!! The Element of Loyalty just earned points from me! So much better than the actual story.

9431219 From both of us, actually.

As to what you said last, indeed.
Would to God that the comic had used some sense instead of being the "hit with the stupid stick" mess that it was.

Now this is interesting....cause this time it's not the CMC that's doing it.

GOOD, I generally hate Anon a miss stories unless reality itself goes out of its way to thwart Anon-a-Miss, finally semi normal one that it looks like I can read without breaking something. I was wary of committing until I read this part of the series. That aside:

She resisted every urge to hug and thank her.

I don't think Rainbow would mind a hug or more.:trollestia::rainbowkiss:

9431248
Hate to break it to you, but they still are. Wallflower's the leader this time around, but keep reading. Trust me.

9431219
Least this alternative isn't going that I typically see of Anon-A-Miss fics.

Ah, nice to see at least one girl talking sense. I know of at least one other AAM reimagining where Rainbow was the only one to believe Sunset, but things didn’t work out so easily there.

It’s also ironic since Rainbow’s loyalty indirectly helped kick this off, as seen in the last story.

:duck: what are Wallflower and Trixie planning?

9431456
Which one was that one?

Thanks for making the Rainbooms see sense and behave plausibly. I like where this reworking of AaM is going, but Wallflower's actions don't give me much hop that this will end well...

9432245
No problem. This series of stories is a cut above most of the sludge that is AaM stories.

"Dammit," Wallflower muttered under her breath. "I should have known it wouldn't be that easy to break them apart." She sighed heavily, then sent a message.

Of course not! These aren’t just any originary girls here:facehoof:! Also, good on RD to sticking to her Element:rainbowdetermined2:!

What’s this? Rainbow Dash actually usin’ her brain? Talking some sense back into her pals?

If ya ask me, it’s an upgrade. A breath of fresh air, I say!

9633079
I just wanted to be sure you know, but this isn't the first story in my Anon-A-Miss series. It all starts here:

TPrelude to Anon-A-Miss: Sunset's Redemption
Set shortly after the Battle of the Bands, Sunset adjusts to her newfound popularity. Book One of Prelude to Anon-A-Miss.
CapNTilfy · 6.9k words  ·  94  11 · 3.5k views

9633192
I know. This one just grabbed my attention is all.

9633204
Ah, I see. Just wanted to check. =)

Huzzah! Common sense has prevailed!

Sunset took Applejack's phone and noticed a MyStable page with the user name of Anon-A-Miss. A post saying " OMG... what a bunch of dorks!" was directly above several pictures. One depicted Applejack with several red bandannas tied on her arms. She wore torn jeans and a black shirt with green diamonds. She was playing a green electric guitar. Another was a picture of a very surprised Rarity caught in a selfie with Pinkie Pie, who was dressed in a blue fancy suit and hat. She continued scrolling until the end. " What?! How'd she get our pictures ?"

Shit!

Rainbow glanced at Applejack. "I believe her. And you all should too," she said with conviction.

Oh thank god at least one of them believe. 😭
These are tears of happiness not sadness, btw.

"What does Sunset Shimmer have to gain from all this," Rainbow asked, gesturing to the girl in question. "Why would she do something like this after she worked so hard to earn trust from the student body?" Applejack, Pinkie, Rarity and Fluttershy shuffled with uncertain looks on their faces. "If you ask me, she has everything to lose by doing this. She'd lose us as friends and the trust of Canterlot High as a whole!"

Yep, it honestly wouldn't make sense why she'd do it after everything she worked hard on. :fluttershysad:

"I... I love you guys, too!" Sunset broke and held all of her friends tightly, crying tears of joy and relief. She never, ever wanted to feel lonely ever again.

As much as rainbow can often be a pain sometimes, I often forget how good she is as the element of loyalty. :twilightsmile:

"Dammit," Wallflower muttered under her breath. "I should have known it wouldn't be that easy to break them apart." She sighed heavily, then sent a message.

Suck it wallflower! Your idea was trash! :ajsmug:

All right, Trixie. Looks like it's time for plan B. - Wallflower Blush

I got to admit, I'm a bit worried as what her plan B is. 😰

Login or register to comment