• Published 10th Feb 2019
  • 980 Views, 24 Comments

Equestria Girls: The Inner Twilight - Time Agent pony



Twilight discovers a darkness within herself and must confront it, in order to save another's life.

  • ...
3
 24
 980

Chapter 1

Twilight!

Twilight, help me! Please!

Twilight Sparkle jerked awake, she'd had the dream again, it was always the same, always the voice of Midnight Sparkle calling her name and crying for help.

Twilight had thought about telling her friends about the dreams, but she had always decided against it.

She and her friends already had enough to deal with juggling their school life, hero duties and their part time jobs.

Twilight didn't want to worry her friends with something as small as a dream.

"Maybe I should wait until the right moment to tell them," Twilight murmured to herself.

With that, Twilight turned over and tried to get back to sleep.


Beep, Beep, Beep!

Twilight woke from a sleepy haze to the sound of her alarm clock, "Arrr," she groaned, hitting the clock's snooze button.

It was quite sometime before Twilight walked into the kitchen, her hair was a mess and she looked half tired.

"Morning, sweetie," Twilight's mum, Twilight Velvet greeted, as she entered.

"Whoa," Twilight's brother, Shining Armour, commented, "you look terrible."

"You been getting enough sleep, lately?" Twilight's dad, Night Light, asked.

"I'm fine," Twilight replied, as she began to have breakfast, "just a bad dream, as all."

After breakfast, Twilight headed back to her room to get ready for school.

"You know," Twilight's dog, Spike, said, as Twilight gathered everything she needed for school, "your brother's right, you do look really tired."

"Like I said, Spike," Twilight answered, "I'm fine."

After gathering her school supplies she headed into bathroom to brush her hair and teeth.

Just after brushing her teeth, Twilight grabbed a hair brush from the bathroom cabinet.

She was about to start bushing her hair, but when she looked in the bathroom mirror she saw Midnight Sparkle looking back at her.

"Twilight, help me!" Midnight called, "please!"

Twilight instinctively shook her head, when she looked at the mirror again her reflection stared back at her.

"It's all in my head," Twilight murmured to herself.

She proceeded to bush her hair, get dressed, grab everything she needed for school and headed outside to catch the bus to CHS.

As she boarded the bus, Twilight was greeted by some of the other students attending CHS these being:
Laura Kinney a.k.a. The all-new Wolverine and her clone sister Gabrielle "Gabby" Kinney a.k.a. Honey Badger,

Derek James a.k.a. Sideways and Miles Morales a.k.a. Ultimate Spiderman


M'gann M'orzz a.k.a. Miss Martian and Gwendolyn "Gwen" Poole a.k.a. Gwenpool,

Cassie Lang a.k.a. Stinger and Karen Beecher-Duncan a.k.a. Bumblebee.

As Twilight boarded the bus, some of the passengers commented on Twilight's almost dog tired demeanour.

Twilight simply responded with, "I'm fine, it was just a bad dream."

When Twilight reached the back of the bus, she flopped down on the seat and closed her eyes for a few minutes.


Canterlot Highschool.

"Who can name the founding fathers of america?" Principle Celestia asked, as she looked over the class.

Twilight was trying her very best to stay awake, she usually loved all of Principle Celestia's lessons, but today she was finding it hard to keep her eyes open.

As the lesson continued, Twilight found it harder and harder to stay awake, until she finally slumped her head on her desk.

Twilight

Twilight

Twilight Sparkle!

Principle Celestia's voice woke Twilight from sleep

"Huh?!" she said, as she jerked awake, "I'm pancake! I mean, awake..."

The classroom burst out laughing, aside from Twilight's friends, all the while Principle Celestia looked on with a bemused look on her face.

Twilight blushed a deep shade of red, this was so embarrassing.

For the rest of the day, Twilight continued to drift in and out of sleep.

Her friends growing increasingly concerned about Twilight's sleeplessness.


After school.

The CHS seven and Gwenpool all walked home together.

"Twilight, are you OK?" Sunset inquired.

"Yeah," Rainbow Dash nodded, "you've been acting wired all day."

"Are you getting enough sleep? darling" Rarity asked.

"Have you had too many of Pinkie Pie's caffeine cupcakes?" Fluttershy commented.

Twilight was about to reply, when Sunset's phone rang.

It was two of their new friends: Kamala Khan a.k.a. Ms. Marvel and Kyle Rayner a.k.a. Green Lantern.

"We're on our way," Sunset said, after Kamala had told her where she and Kyle were.

With that, the girls activated their lantern rings, Pinkie Pie and Gwenpool having to be carried by Rainbow Dash.


Elsewhere.

Ms. Marvel, Kyle Rayner and Cindy Moon a.k.a. Silk were locked in battle with the Sinister Seven.



The members of the Sinister Seven were: Big wheel, Condiment King, Paste Pot Pete, Firefly, The Spot, Zebra man and Swarm who was leading the villains.






"Looks like you three are in a bit of a pickle," the Condiment King laughed.

"Looks like you three are in the hot seat," Firefly smirked.

"Prepare to meet your sticky end," Paste Pot Pete added.

The villains all prepared to attack the three Champions.

When suddenly the three Champions were surrounded by a green coloured shield construct.

"Who dares?!" Swarm demanded.

"That would be us," Applejack replied, as she and the rest of the CHS Seven landed next to their friends.

"More heroes?!" The Spot said, turning to Swarm, "you didn't tell us there would be more heroes here."

"I'm starting to reconsider why I joined this team," Big wheel muttered.

"This makes no difference," Swarm insisted, "we are the Sinister Seven, we will not be defeated!"

With that, the Champions and the Sinister Seven charged at each other.

Ms. Marvel, Applejack and Kyle Rayner faced off against Big Wheel, Ms. Marvel using her shapeshifting powers to make herself grow giant sized to slow down the big wheel the villain was driving.

Meanwhile, Applejack and Kyle Rayner used their lantern rings, along with Applejack's geode's power, to tip the wheel onto its side.

While that was happening, Fluttershy and Gwenpool faced off against Swarm.

"Those poor bees," Fluttershy said, trying to use her geode's power to communicate with the bees that made up Swarm's body, with using her lantern ring to block the villains attacks.

"Your powers are useless," Swarm cackled, "now suffer my swarming fury!"

Hundreds of bees flew from Swarm's body towards the two heroes.

"NOT THE BEES! AHHHH!" Gwenpool cried, as the bees buzzed around her and Fluttershy, "AHHHHH! THERE IN MY EYES! MY EYES! AHHHH!"

Fluttershy, thinking fast, used her ring to create a bright flash of light to blind Swarm and temporally disorientate the bees.

This was followed by Gwenpool who attack by spraying a can of insecticide in Swarm's face before he could recover.

Meanwhile, Pinkie Pie and Silk faced off against Condiment King and Paste Pot Pete.

Both villains firing their weapons at the heroes, while the heroes avoid their attacks.

The battle ended quickly with Pinkie distracting the villains, using her geode's power and Silk using her webbing to clog up the villain's weapons, causing them to backfire covering the two villains in glue, ketchup and mustard.

Elsewhere, Rainbow Dash and Rarity were battling The Spot and Firefly, Rainbow Dash was using her geode's power and her lantern ring to outmanoeuvre Firefly's fire blasts, while this was happening Rarity was also using her geode's power and her lantern ring to avoid The Spot's attacks.

After a while, Rainbow Dash came up with the idea to switch opponents.

This idea proved to be a good idea, as The Spot couldn't keep up with Rainbow Dash's speed and Firefly couldn't get a clear shot at Rarity because of her shield constructs, from her geode and her lantern ring, which ended with Firefly's flame guns running out of ammo and Rarity taking him down with single punch.

Lastly, Sunset and Twilight faced down Zebra man, with the villain attracting objects from his surroundings and hurling them at the two.

Sunset managed to dodge all Zebra man's attacks, but Twilight, due her tiredness, wasn't as quick at dodging the villains.

This made it hard for Sunset because she had to protect Twilight as well as herself.

Twilight tried her best, using her geode and her lantern ring, to attack Zebra man but all her attacks missed because of lack of sleep.

Seeing an opportunity, Zebra man concentrated his attacks on Twilight.

Sunset found it hard to both attack Zebra man and protect Twilight.

Zebra man was eventually taken down, but not before Sunset and Twilight were knocked around a bit.

Once the villains were all secured the heroes all regrouped.

"Few," Ms. Marvel breathed, "that was quite a workout."

"You know," Rainbow Dash added, "I never thought we'd be fighting a guy made of bees."

"Bees, my god," Gwenpool stated.

"That was almost too close," Fluttershy commented.

"Yeah," Sunset nodded, "what was with you back there, Twilight?"

"You know you can tell us if something is bothering you," Rarity smiled.

Twilight sighed, it was time to tell her friends, she began to tell her friends and the other Champions about the dreams she'd been having.

"But, why didn't you tell us before?" Applejack asked.

"I didn't want to worry you guys with something as silly as a dream," Twilight replied.

"Whatever these dreams are," Sunset said, "we'll help you get through it."

"No," Twilight responded, "this is something I have to face, alone."