• Published 25th Jan 2019
  • 7,072 Views, 58 Comments

The filly of Luna - Twilight Star



Twilight Sparkle is the daughter of Luna. When Luna is banished to the moon by her own sister, Twilight feels hatred of Celestia for having banished her mother to the moon.

  • ...
28
 58
 7,072

The comeback (rewritten)

Twilight was in the bedroom, looking at the moon, she saw the stars slowly approaching the moon. Soon, her mother would be released. She couldn’t wait to see her mother again, but she was nervous of what her mother would do to Equestria. Suddenly she felt sleepy out of nowhere, she went toward the bed and fell asleep so she wouldn’t hit her head on the floor.


Twilight woke up in the darkness. She looked around to see if her mother was here.

“I see my sleep spell I put on you worked”, a familiar voice said.

Twilight looked back to see her mother from afar, coming to her.

“Mom? What happened? Why did you make me sleepy and fall asleep?” asked Twilight confused. She didn’t know that her mother had this ability to make ponies sleepy and make them sleep.

“I’m so sorry, daughter. But I had to do that because I wanted to know what his friend’s name was and what he looked like before I left my exiled”, replied Nightmare Moon.

“But, mom…” Twilight tried to say something but was interrupted by her mother.

“Daughter, I’m just doing this for your own good. I don’t want you to be in bad company”, said Nightmare Moon fondly, hoping her daughter would trust her and tell her.

“But, mom. My friend isn’t a bad influence on me. He’s very nice to me and the other ponies”, said Twilight Sparkle, hoping her mother would believe her.

“But what if she’s a fake friend?” asked Nightmare Moon.

“She’s not fake, she’s been nice to all the ponies I’ve ever met”, said Twilight Sparkle, without thinking about the consequences of what she said.

“What other ponies have you met? Were they in any way related to Celestia? Did they do something bad to you?” asked Nightmare Moon in a protective way.

“The ones I met today had nothing to do with Celestia. They were just normal ponies”, replied Twilight Sparkle, defending her new friends.

“And that possibly fake friend of yours? Was he related to Celestia?” asked Nightmare Moon, possibly changing the subject of the Conversation.

Twilight was speechless, because what her mother said was true. Sunset Shimmer was a student of Celestia and she was loyal to her. So she was related to Celestia.

“Is that a yes?” asked Nightmare Moon, noting the silence of Twilight.

Twilight remained silent.

“I’ll take that as a yes,” concluded Nightmare Moon. “And how does this pony look? How is it?”

Twilight’s ears brightened at her mother’s words. She liked Sunset as a friend, and didn’t want her mother to hurt Sunset Shimmer. She finally made her decision.

“I won’t tell you”, replied Twilight Sparkle bravely, as if it were a challenge.

Nightmare Moon looked shocked that her daughter said, “But why daughter? I only care about you”

“I know mom. But you need to see that I’m already big and that I already know how to make my own decisions”

“Daughter, just because you’re a grown mare doesn’t mean I won’t stop worrying about you. Now tell me what your friend loyal to Celestia looks like”, said Nightmare Moon.

“I’m sorry, mom. But if you want to know what my friend looks like, you have to find out for yourself. I won’t tell you”, replied Twilight, shaking her head.

In response, Nightmare Moon just snorted, “Fine. If you won’t tell me, I’ll discover this pony by the way he act on me. If this pony is loyal to my sister, he will probably try to stop me from making the eternal night”

Twilight was surprised, and a little afraid of the last two words, “Eternal Night? I thought you gave up on that idea a long time ago before you were banished to the moon. ”

“Yes, I had given up. But I will do it again. Then everypony will know that no one will and will not even think of hurting you”, said Nightmare Moon.

“But no pony hurt me when you were on the moon”

“But they could do it later, and I won’t be cross-hoofed”

Twilight sighed sadly, knowing it would be impossible to convince her mother.

Nightmare Moon noticed Twilight’s sad expression and hugged her with one wing before saying, “Daughter, please. Understand that I’m doing all this to protect you and for your own good”, Twilight just nodded sadly.


Twilight woke up in bed lying on her back. She then heard a voice on the bedroom door, “Come Twilight. It’s almost time for sunrise”, said Spike.

Twilight got out of bed and followed Spike to the town hall.


Twilight was by Sunset Shimmer who was by Pinkie Pie in the audience. She ignored Mayor Mare’s words and stared at the moon where her mother would soon be released. She was nervous and excited at the same time. Nervous at what her mother could do with Equestria just to protect her, and excited that she would see her mother again.

Then the curtains opened, where Celestia was supposed to appear, but she did not appear. Twilight was a little happy that she didn’t see her aunt. But she knew that soon her mother could show up. Suddenly a black alicorn with light blue armor appeared on the balcony. Twilight showed a smile upon seeing her mother, and her mother noticed and smiled back, which no pony noticed.

”Twilight, go to our old castle, where we will meet again. I’ll stay here and distract everypony for a while”, said Nightmare Moon telepathically to Twilight. Twilight nodded before leaving City Hall and rushing to the castle.


Twilight had already arrived at the old castle, where she, her aunt, and her mother were formerly. She was exhausted. Because she ran a lot from City Hall to the castle in EverFree Forest. She saw her mother on the throne sitting on her hips, waiting for her with a smile on her face. “You finally arrived, my daughter”

“* Buff * than- * buff * -ks, Mom”, said Twilight tired, breathless and sweaty.

After Twilight caught her breath, she went to her mother to hug her, “I missed you so much, mom”

“Just like me, daughter”, said Nightmare Moon as she stroked Twilight’s mane.

“So, did you find out?” asked Twilight Sparkle wondering if her mother discovered the loyal friend to Celestia that she befriended.

“Yes. She is a yellow unicorn, mane and tail red and yellow, and a cutie mark of a yellow and red sun”

“You’re thinking of killing her, aren’t you?” asked Twilight Sparkle hurriedly.

“Yes. I don’t want this pony to end up making you stand against me and making you side with Celestia”, replied Nightmare Moon simply.

“Mom, she would never do that to me”

“She would do. The way she’s loyal to Celestia, she would do anything to convince you to stand against me”

Suddenly they heard hoofbeats.

“Twilight, are you there?” asked Applejack as she climbed the stairs to the throne room.

Damn it! What are they doing here?!

Then, the five ponies that Twilight befriended entered the room and were surprised to see Nightmare Moon embracing Twilight.

“Release Twilight, you dark mare!” shouted Applejack.

“Yes You will not devour her, Evil Queen!” said Pinkie Pie.

Why do they hate my mother so much? Are they loyal to Celestia and I didn’t even notice?

“Girls? What’s the noise up there?” asked a voice that Twilight knew.

“It’s Twilight, Sunset Shimmer. She’s in the clutches of Nightmare Moon”, replied Applejack while glaring at Nightmare Moon.

Running hooves were heard, Sunset Shimmer appeared and saw Twilight with Nightmare Moon.

“Release my friend! Now!” exclaimed Sunset Shimmer angrily as she prepared a spell to attack Nightmare Moon.

“Well, well, if you’re not Celestia’s student ...” said Nightmare Moon with a smile on her face.

“Don’t ignore the main subject! Release my friend! Now!” exclaimed Sunset Shimmer as she prepared to attack.

“But she’s my daughter”, confessed Nightmare Moon. Twilight tensed at the statement her mother just made.

“Lie! Twilight is not your daughter. She is the daughter of Twilight Velvet and Night Light. I know that because I’ve visited her at her house several times!” exclaimed Sunset Shimmer and while denying what Nightmare Moon said.

“Now release my friend! Before we banish you with the elements!” exclaimed Sunset Shimmer said as she prepared to head toward and ‘rescue’ Twilight.

“Did you mean these elements?” asked Nightmare Moon as she teleports the stone-shaped elements with her magic.

“The elements! Give them back! Now!” said Sunset Shimmer.

“No”, Nightmare Moon answered before placing the elements on the floor and lifting their hooves and knocking them to the ground to break them, now the elements were just broken pieces.

Sunset looked astonished at what just happened. Hope was gone. The night would be eternal. But then she had an idea. “If you think I’ll give up, you’re wrong, Nightmare Moon!”

“Oh yes? What will you do? Are you going to kill me?” asked Nightmare Moon as if it was a challenge.

“Guessed it”, Sunset Shimmer carried a spell on her horn. A spell that would cause Nightmare Moon to die, and that Nightmare Moon couldn’t prevent. When Sunset Shimmer cast the spell on Nightmare Moon, The alicorn tried everything to stop the spell, she got scared. She didn’t know what to do anymore.

“No!!” exclaimed Twilight Sparkle enters in front of her mother, trying to put a shield to protect her mother, and it worked. A shield protected her and her mother from the attack. When Sunset saw Twilight in front of Nightmare Moon, she was surprised. When the spell was gone, Twilight looked at the possibly angry Sunset Shimmer, “How dare you attack her, Sunset?!”

Sunset Shimmer was surprised by the tone of Twilight Sparkle. Twilight was never shouting at her, “but, Twilight. She had captured you. I needed to do something!”

“She didn’t catch me, Sunset,” said Twilight Sparkle in a calmer tone. “I came to her”

“You… you… have you been by her all the time?!” exclaimed Sunset Shimmer, astonished and possibly angry.

“Sunset, she is my mother. So technically, yes”, said Twilight Sparkle.

“But your parents are Twilight Velvet and Night Light, Twilight”, said Sunset Shimmer.

“Sunset, those are my parents who adopted me”, said Twilight Sparkle.

“But… But… No sense… So how…”

“It was Celestia’s fault, Sunset. She who banished my mother and took off my wings ”

Sunset Shimmer was surprised. Celestia do all of this? And how Twilight had wings? “Wait. What do you mean wings? Are you an alicorn?”

“I was, Sunset. Until that slut put me to sleep and take off my wings”, said Twilight Sparkle, now annoyed.

“It can’t be… Celestia would never do that”, Sunset Shimmer couldn’t believe what was happening. Celestia took off the wings of Twilight. But why?

“She did, Sunset”, said Twilight Sparkle.

“But why would she do that?” asked Sunset Shimmer.

“I don’t know, ok? When I woke up, Celestia wasn’t in the house I was in”, answered Twilight Sparkle.

“I wanted to talk to Celestia about this. But how will I do it? She’s not even here”, said Sunset Shimmer.

Twilight Sparkle had an idea. She went to her mother. She really hated having to say that, but she needed, “mom”

Nightmare Moon looked at her daughter, “yes?”

“Do you know where Celestia is?” asked Twilight Sparkle, with possible anger at saying her aunt’s name.

“On the moon. Why?”

“Can you bring her back? Sunset Shimmer wants to talk to her”

Nightmare Moon was surprised by this request, but soon replied, “I’m afraid not, daughter”

“Why not, Mom?” wanted to know Twilight Sparkle.

“Daughter, don’t you see what she did to us? She deserves this punishment”, said Nightmare Moon.

“Mom, I know you still feel angry with Celestia. I feel it too. But, there is no way to bring Celestia back? Please, for my friend Sunset Shimmer”, begged Twilight Sparkle.

Nightmare Moon didn’t know if she should accept. Her protective side didn’t want to do what her daughter asked her to do. Because Nightmare Moon feared that if Celestia returned, Celestia would hurt her and her daughter even more than in the past. And Nightmare Moon didn’t know if she should forgive Celestia, “I don’t know, daughter. Think, my little star. Celestia has caused us pain in the past. She made me stay away from you”

Twilight Sparkle wanted to agree with that. But, she began to think more logically. All that happened was in the past. Now she and her mother were together. A part of her wanted to forgive Celestia, “Mom, all that was past. See, we’re together again”

Nightmare Moon even seemed to agree, but soon realized two important things, “yes, daughter. But don’t you see? Celestia made me not see you grow all your life and on top of that you lost your wings ”

Twilight Sparkle looked where her wings were, before smiling and looking at her mother, “Mom, it’s ok. I’ll get used to this new life”

“You think? Don’t you think it’s bad to be born as an Alicorn and then somepony take off your wings?” asked Nightmare Moon.

“Well, it’s bad, yes. But once I’m used to it, it’s good to have a life as a unicorn”, replied Twilight Sparkle.

Applejack went to Twilight Sparkle, “Twilight, I’m sorry. It’s just that we thought you were in danger”

Twilight Sparkle smiled, “It’s ok, Applejack. I know you all just thought I was in danger. I would do that too if one of my friends were in danger”

Sunset Shimmer went to Twilight Sparkle too, “Twilight, I’m so sorry that I wanted to attack your mother”

“Sunset, it’s fine. I know you were just being protective”, said Twilight Sparkle.

Sunset Shimmer smiled. Until, she realized something: She and her friends came here to pick up the elements of harmony to defeat Nightmare Moon, but she couldn’t help but realize that she was happy to hear her friends’ voices, it made her realize that they were all her friends. . Suddenly a glow came from the ceiling. Nightmare Moon and Twilight Sparkle covered their eyes with a hoof.

“The last element!” exclaimed Rainbow Dash. “But how?”

“It seems that when I realized that as you are my friends, the element revealed itself. And when all the elements are together they form the sixth element. The element magic!” answered Sunset Shimmer.

Suddenly, every element that was broken and on the floor was every mare, except for Twilight and Sunset Shimmer. They formed necklaces with their Cutie Mark of the five mares and a crown with the Cutie Mark of Sunset Shimmer. It formed a rainbow and headed toward Twilight Sparkle. Nightmare Moon was startled as she had tears in her eyes, “no!!”

Within the rainbow, Twilight Sparkle felt a pain that was only increasing. She kept screaming. Nightmare Moon couldn’t stop crying. Why did the rainbow go to your daughter? Would she lose her daughter forever? When the rainbow vanished, the six mares were on the ground in a faint, but soon they came back to consciousness. Nightmare Moon went to her daughter to hug her daughter’s body while crying.

“Uurgh… what happened?” asked Rainbow Dash.

“Are you all well?” Applejack asked.

“Guys, see!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed with a smile, pointing to Nightmare Moon holding Twilight. Twilight woke up. She looked at her mother and saw her mother crying. Thinking she was dead. Twilight Sparkle looked behind her back and saw her wings. She smiled and poked Nightmare Moon, “Mom, look. My wings are back!” Nightmare Moon opened her eyes and saw the wings in Twilight Sparkle and hugged her. Knowing your daughter was still alive. Twilight Sparkle returned the hug.

Suddenly, the sun rose in the sky as a bright white light appeared in the room and Celestia appeared. The five ponies bowed before her. “Princess Celestia!” exclaimed Sunset Shimmer happily as she headed toward her teacher to hug her.

“Sunset Shimmer, my most devoted student. I knew you could make it”, said Celestia with a smile. She looked at her sister and niece. She noticed that Nightmare Moon was still there. But she hugged Twilight. Not noticing that Celestia was in the room, she approached her sister. Nightmare Moon opened its eyes and for the first time showed fear of Celestia. She let out Twilight Sparkle. Twilight was confused. She looked up and noticed Celestia looking at both of them. Twilight got scared too.

“Sister”, began Celestia.

“Sister?” Sunset Shimmer and the other five asked.

“Why are you still in this form? Didn’t the elements heal you?” asked Celestia.

“The elements were in Twilight. Not on me, Celestia,” replied Nightmare Moon. “I have the ability to change shape. Please believe me ”

Celestia looked at Twilight, “Is this true, Twilight?”

“Yes, Aunt”, answered Twilight Sparkle.

Celestia noted the wings in Twilight, “I see you got your wings back”

Twilight looked at her wings, “yes, Celestia”

“Sister, I would like to apologize to both of you. Sorry for banishing you to the moon, sorry for taking off the wings of Twilight”, said Celestia, now regretful.

“So why did you take off my daughter’s wings?” asked Nightmare Moon, in a possible tone of anger.

“Sister, I realized with my magic that within her there was black magic in her. If I didn’t act, that magic would take control of your daughter’s body”, replied Celestia.

Nightmare Moon got scared and looked at Twilight, “did you know that?”

Twilight Sparkle looked at Nightmare Moon, “no. I swear”

“Well, now that your wings are back, Twilight, you must control this dark magic within you”

Twilight Sparkle got scared and looked at her mom, “I don’t know if I can do this on my own. Can you help me?”

Nightmare Moon smiled, “Of course, my little star”

Comments ( 20 )

"But, Mother. My friend is not a bad influence for me. He's really cool with me and the other ponies", Twilight said, hoping her mother would believe her.

Twilight was speechless because what her mother said was true. Sunset Shimmer was a student of Celestia, and she was loyal to her. So she was related to Celestia.

Sunset is a girl and your using past tense where it doesn’t places where it doesn’t fit. Seriously you need to edit these before uploading

I’m really sorry but this story went downhill

Comment posted by Tango-Raptor deleted Jan 30th, 2019

Serious that was stupid ending. Luna should slapped Celestia for banishing her, I'm not sayin they go to war, but things take a bit longer. She may forgive Sunset but Celestia on the other hand.

The story was ok for what it was.

The last two chapter were... not good.
The last one was Copy pasted from the show and this one is flat like a cutting board.
I'm sorry that I've to say that.

9430748
Twilight's still alive.

9430822
Wait what. I need to reread this cause I missed something.

Good story. Sequel please

This ending... I'm positive you rip it off word for word (minus Sunset) from a different story

Well done. I love stories where Luna is Twilight's mother

I can't make any sense of this story. It's barely legible, and so far the only thing that makes any sense is Luna's anger towards Celestia. why put twilight in an adoptive family if Luna will be home in a month? why take her wings? Why wake her at that arbitrary time?

I do not understand the tip totally, I have forgotten, celeste traitor. And celestia is exalted as always. Celestia should get in the face for what she did. and here the luna is being thrown before it. he feels very disappointed. a nice story, only this humiliation of the luna hurts a bit.

If Twilight Sparkle was really Luna's daughter, then that explains why she was chosen to be her successor.

But what do you think really happened? She and the Mane 6 are, of course, all worthy of damehoods, but are any of them of a royal lineage?

9430635
That’s because it’s copied and pasted from another story

If you are looking to the comments before reading, do yourself a favor and move along for your "Luna is Twilight's mother" fix. There is other stories out there that do the subject better than this one. Started strong but quickly devolved in its structure that later chapters were barely coherent.

9714511
Then the story should be reported for plagiarism. Even if it is only a part, that is against site rules.

Will this be continued. I really like it. Dont let a good amount of dislikes get you down.

This is quite nice. I have no idea what everyone else is on about but it is a nice story. Keep the good work up!

Login or register to comment