• Published 29th Jan 2019
  • 892 Views, 12 Comments

Fallout: Equestria L.U.N.A. - SkyDreams



Did Luna survive? Was it even possible after what had happened at Canterlot?

  • ...
2
 12
 892

>[Reboot]

>[Warning] : Danger imminent.
>[Target] : princessCelestia(C)
>[Target] : princessLuna(L)
>[Target] : equestria(E)
>[Set.Priority] : C(2), L(1), E(0)
>[Execute] : guardianRoutine(1)
>[Boot] : Core(1-9)
>[Core(1)] : energyDistributionMatrix.Status(online)
>[Core(2)] : eyesForwardSparkle.Status(online)
>[Core(3)] : combatInhibitor.Status(online)
>[Core(4)] : sparkleAssistedTargetingSystem.Status(online)
>[Core(5)] : ordanancePackageOne.Status(online)
>[Core(6)] : navigationMapping.Status(online)
>[Core(7)] : interactionInterface.Status(online)
>[Core(8)] : dataPreservationBox.Status(online)
>[Core(9)] : shieldMatrix.Status(online)
>[guardianRoutine(1)] : Protect.Priority
>[Protect] : 2
>[Error.guardianRoutine(1)] : Priority(2).targetMissing
>[Protect] : 1
>[guardianRoutine(1)] : Protect(1).Status(Running...)

Sentinel L0-N4 exited it's charging pod and whirred to life before taking off down the royal halls at high speed. Sentinels L0-N1 Through L0-N3 had failed to start up due to a corrosive magical substance in the air. L0-N4 was still functioning because it had been performing a maintenance test on it's shield matrix just before the danger was registered in the RobronCo security system. Princess Celestia, L0-N4's designated charge, was missing from the premises and thus routed to it's next highest priority, Princess Luna.

Passing by the other Sentinel charging bay, L0-N4 noticed that the all 4 of the C3-L(-) sentinels designed to protect Priness Luna had also failed due to the corrosive substance. L0-N4 broadcasted a request for service memory from any active sentinels that couldn't move in order to better serve the remaining royal. It took an agonizing 4.23 seconds but the request was answered with a uplink and download of the past 10 years of recordings for Princess Luna, including speech patterns and recognized behaviors. This information would prove valuable for L0-N4 so that it could anticipate the Princess's commands and fully understand her requests.

>[File.Luna] : System.storeData(Core(8))
>[Core(8)] : Luna.Status(saving...)

Though sub-optimal, L0-N4 would slowly become more and more useful as it decimated the data file retrieved from the C3-L(-) sentinels. With this slowly increasing efficiency at L0-N4's, the midnight blue sentinel raced into the royal chambers where a struggling Princess Luna was maintaining a shield spell all by herself. The sound of explosive impacts could be heard far in the sky above. "Princess Luna, this unit has arrived to assist." L0-N4 Rolled to a stop, the purple light from it's optic blanketing the princess.

Princess Luna grunted, nodding in recognition of the sentinels monotoned announcement. He whole body shuttered as her horn sparked violently. The princess was nearly out of magical energy and her body was already ravaged by the corrosive substance in the air. "We Thank you, Sir Robot. Though, we fear that you have come too late." Her voice was course, signs of internal damage. There were no enemies present on the grounds and her entire focus was on the explosive barrage outside.

"You are suffering internal damage. No hostiles detected. Routing to nearest registered medical personnel." L0-N4 was not about to waste time and quickly turned to the nearest Pip-Buck tag for a doctor. In this scenario the weapons the sentinel carried would be ineffective at protecting it's charge.

The princess stopped L0-N4 before it could leave with a weakly raised hoof. "Wait, Sir Robot. We will not survive long enough. We have a more important command. Head into the City, evacuate our subjects. Save as much of equestria as you can! Those ponies come before us. As long as they survive so does Equestria."

L0-N4 had to take a moment to process the detailed command. The data it had received had already done quite a bit to help in understanding the commands, but the use of the words us and we were confusing. L0-N4 took the command at face value and altered it's priority settings. "Command recognized. Rerouting. Initiating evacuation protocol. For Equestria." L0-N4 plotted a parade route through the city. Standard evacuation protocol would have the sentinel roll through the city, making itself as visible as possible, and announce for all able bodied citizens to follow in a calm orderly fashion to the nearest city exit. The sentinel would eliminate any hostiles along the path that may harm the escorted ponies.

>[Core(8)] : Luna.Status(saving...10%)

The air outside of the palace was far more polluted with the strange corrosive material and gave the whole city a light pink hue. The material was spewing out of sewer grates and pony-hole covers in great geysers. There was no time to waste. L0-N4 pushed on into the clouds of pink mist, the material stressing the integrity of it's shielding matrix. "Attention, Citizens of Equestria!" The sentinel began, raising the volume on it's vocoder to be heard over the blaring sirens. "Please follow me to the nearest exit in a calm orderly fashion. You will be safe outside of city bounds."

Rolling down the main street, L0-N4 began to pick up a few stragglers. They were mostly unicorns that knew minor shield spells and their companions. Their shields were flickering, the effort of fighting off the corrosive pink mist becoming a great toll them. They were all coughing harshly, limping along after the symbol of Equestrian might that had called out to them. L0-N4 was their only hope of survival, the sentinel did not intend to fail. Recalling the difference in mist density from outside to inside, L0-N4 altered the parade route to take the group through the inside of as many structures as possible.

>[Core(8)] : Luna.Status(saving...40%)

Even with the effort to preserve the ponies following it, the sentinel began to notice a slight decline in survivors. At this point the bombardment had stopped but the shield remained. L0-N4 updated it's priority list to protect Luna once again after it's command had been lifted. If the shield was still standing the princess might still be alive. The sentinel had to hurry and finished escorting the survivors to safety.

There was an emergency tunnel located nearby, normally used to transport guards and munitions in and out of the city's defenses, according to L0-N4's mapping data. The extended parade route was immediately canceled and a new route was plotted through the emergency tunnel.

>[Error.Core(9)] : shieldMatrix.Status(offline)
>[System] : Restore.Core(9)
>[Core(9)] : shieldMatrix.Status(online)
>[System.Warning] : Core(9).Integrity(30%)
>[Core(8)] : Luna.Status(saving...67%)

L0-N4 noted that it's personal shield was failing rapidly under the pink mist's onslaught. Lucky it suffered only minor damage to it's armor. The night-blue sentinel lead the survivors down and through two heavy metal doors, there were still soldiers here bravely manning their posts. The two heavy metal doors swung shut with a loud bang, sealing off the tunnel from the city and the pink mist. "Survivors, this way!" Shouted one of the soldiers, his voice just as course as the princess's had been. "Sentinel, we'll need your help to open up the exit. The external power lines were damaged in the bombardment."

"Affirmative." L0-N4 rolled ahead down the wide tunnel, leaving the survivors in the care of Equestria's Finest. The soldier had been correct, the door was unpowered and would remain shut unless an energy source was attached. L0-N4 had recently been charged and still maintained a 99% charge in its Magical Energy Cores. Maintaining the door would be little issue.

>[Core(8)] : Luna.Status(saving...87%)

L0-N4 rolled up to the electronic switch that controlled the door and opened it's access patch for one of the nearby soldiers. It began issuing step by step instructions for the soldier to follow to hook the sentinel to the door. Soon L0-N4 was watching the survivors, most of whom had severe acid burns and skin grafted to clothing, walk slowly but surely outside and to the possibility of safety. Almost every one of them stopped briefly to thank the sentinel for its service. L0-N4 decided to save pictures of each pony's face to record who it had saved for record keeping purposes. "By the Princesses orders, survive and Equestria will survive through you." This seemed to inspire the ponies and they began to stand tall, even through the pain they must have been in.

"The mist is coming through! Everypony hurry!" A soldier shouted down the tunnel, urging ponies towards safety. The strange pink mist began bellowing from ventilation in the ceiling, What few ponies remaining in the tunnels broke into a gallop, trying their best to escape the burning substance.

L0-N4 watch the tail of the very last pony leaving the tunnel and began rolling backwards to forcibly disconnect from the door controls. The ponies and the soldiers began shouting for the sentinel to come with them. "Negative. Citizens secured, Equestria has been saved. New Priority target, save Princess Luna." Wires began to snap as L0-N4 began the process of updating its priority. The Sentinel could hear the ponies on the other side of the wall shouting their objections, as the door slid shut. They had become attached, a common psychological effect when being saved. They would be able to survive with just the soldiers to escort them. The last wire snapped and the sentinel began rolling through the pink mist towards the city side of the tunnel.

>[Error.Core(9)] : shieldMatrix.Status(offline)
>[System] : Restore.Core(9)
>[Core(9)] : shieldMatrix.Status(criticalFailure)
>[System.Warning] : Core(9).Integrity(0%)
>[Core(8)] : Luna.Status(saving...99%)

The Sentinel's shields failed, having to contend with the corrosive pink substance once again. L0-N4 began noting system after system shutting down as it power towards the wide gates, its objective to save the princess being far above its own preservation. First to go was it's targeting hud, the delicate circuitry fusing together in a searing mess. Next was the weapons system, the smaller components rapidly rusting into non-functionality. About half way through the tunnel the nevigation system simply turned off, causing the sentinel to careen off to the side and crash into the wall. It had reached non-functionality. The energy distribution matrix suddenly crackled with energy igniting a small explosion which blew out its power source. L0-N4 began rapidly losing power in its systems.

>[Core(8)] : Luna.Status(saving...100%)
>[File.Luna] : Status(saved)

L0-N4 registered Luna under the status saved, completing its final objective. It began to shut itself down, preserving as much of its data as possible.

>[Shutdown] : Core(1-9)
>[Core(1)] : energyDistributionMatrix.Status(criticalFailure)
>[Core(2)] : eyesForwardSparkle.Status(criticalFailure)
>[Core(3)] : combatInhibitor.Status(criticalFailure)
>[Core(4)] : sparkleAssistedTargetingSystem.Status(criticalFailure)
>[Core(5)] : ordanancePackageOne.Status(criticalFailure)
>[Core(6)] : navigationMapping.Status(criticalFailure)
>[Core(7)] : interactionInterface.Status(offline)
>[Core(8)] : dataPreservationBox.Status(offline)
>[Core(9)] : shieldMatrix.Status(criticalFailure)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>[Boot] : Core(1-9)
>[Core(1)] : energyDistributionMatrix.Status(online)
>[Core(2)] : eyesForwardSparkle.Status(online)
>[Core(3)] : combatInhibitor.Status(criticalFailure)
>[Core(4)] : sparkleAssistedTargetingSystem.Status(criticalFailure)
>[Core(5)] : ordanancePackageOne.Status(criticalFailure)
>[Core(6)] : navigationMapping.Status(online)
>[Core(7)] : interactionInterface.Status(online)
>[Core(8)] : dataPreservationBox.Status(online)
>[Core(9)] : shieldMatrix.Status(criticalFailure)
>[Warning] : System Error
>[System] : Status(dataCorrupted.Core(1))
>[System] : Status(dataCorrupted.Core(7))
>[System] : Status(dataCorrupted.Core(8))
>[System] : Status(dataCorrupted.Core(@#$%))
>[System] : repairSystem.Core(1,7,8,@#$%)
>[System] : repairSystem.Status(Complete)
>[System] : dataIntegrity.Status(45%/%35)
>[Target] : prin}essCele^%ia(C)
>[Target] : princ@#$%una(L)
>[Target] : equestria(E)
>[Set.Priority] : C(^$$), L(10@), E(0)
>[Execute] : guardianRoutine(1)
>[guardianRoutine(1)] : Protect.Priority
>[Protect] : 2
>[Error.guardianRoutine(1)] : Priority(2).targetMissing
>[Protect] : 1
>[guardianRoutine(1)] : Protect(1).targetMissing
>[Protect] : 0
>[guardianRoutine(1)] : Protect(0).Status(Running...)

"Good morning sleepy head!" It was a course haggard voice, but definitely female. "You've been offline for a long time. Can you see me?" The sentinel cast its gaze down to see the mare in mechanic gear standing quite proudly in the dim light of an unfamiliar room. Re fur coat was ragged and some of her skin had flaked off to reveal an incredible amount of radiation scarring. "Okay cool. My name is Toggle Switch, one of the ponies you saved. What's your designation?"

The sentinel looked around the room, noting that it was a seemingly ancient mechanic's shop with terribly rusted electric equipment. It had been dragged here by the looks of the scratch marks in the concrete and the hook attached to its back. It looked back to the rotting mechanic to provide an answer, for once in its entire existence it didn't speak in monotone as it had originally been programed. "Our name? We are your Princess, Princess Luna. Please explain honorable mechanic. What has happened to us?"

Toggle looked up to 'Luna' and sat back on her haunches in mild exasperation. "Oh jeeze... "