• Published 25th Jan 2019
  • 445 Views, 12 Comments

Identicality - Valystine



In a new society where being different is illegal and being identical is the social norm, much of what Equestria once was has been forgotten. Citizens are givens pills to make them look identical and happy. What happens when one mare breaks the mold?

  • ...
1
 12
 445

A Break In The Mold [Part One]

Beep, beep. Beep, beep. Beep, beep. Bee- Click.

I pull my hoof back toward my body as I sit up and open my eyes. Streams of sunlight flood in through the window, dimly lighting my bedroom. There's nothing special about my room. Just a dark oak desk in the corner of the room next to the window, a bookcase filled with an array of books approved by the Overmare and the Senate, my dresser and, of course, my bed twin size bed. There is a rug on the livid colored carpeted floor between the foot of my bed and the bathroom door. It's circular shaped and white with a thinner blue circle a few inches from the edge. The bookcase in the corner close to my bed is made of dark oak and contrasts against the plain, off-whiteness of the room's wallpaper, much like my desk.

My bed is plain and simple. A simple white mattress sitting atop a matching box spring, both of which sat atop an oak bed frame- headboard included. Next to the bed is a matching nightstand. On top of it sits a black electric alarm clock, a lamp with a goldish metal body and a white, gold trimmed lampshade and a fake blue succulent in a rust-red colored pot. A circular, black analog clock hangs on the wall next to the door leading out into the hallway. Next to the door is my oak dresser containing what little clothing items I own. The only other door led to the bathroom, which I knew to be just as simple as the rest of the house.

I climb out of bed and stretch before trotting over to the bathroom door. I pull it open and walk over to the sink. The bathroom is somewhat small. The wallpaper is the same off-white as my bedroom and the livid carpet is replaced by soft grey and black square tiles. The bathtub-shower combination is dark grey, unlike the off-white toilet that sat next to it. The sink is white and built into the oak counter and surrounded by dark granite. A black framed, rectangular shaped mirror hangs on the wall above the sink. The only other notable things are the towel rack- which held two white towels- and the white light switch by the door.

I pick up the empty cup sitting next to the sink and turn on the faucet with my free hoof. As I fill the cup up with cold water, I open a box of pills labeled ‘Retla’ that featured a happy mare popping pills into her mouth atop an orange and ginger background. The capsule pills inside are separated by color in the box. The right side held the purple pills while the left held the yellow ones. Routinely, I take one yellow pill and one purple pill out of the box and pop them into my mouth, then take a long sip of water. I can feel them sliding down my throat and into my empty stomach.

Almost immediately, I feel a wave of calmness and extreme happiness wash over my entire body. After placing the now empty glass down, I take a moment to look at myself in the mirror. My skin is pale blue in color and my mane and tail- both styled into neat, perfect buns- are pale blonde. In contrast to that, my eyes a dark shade of red. My flanks are a blank canvas, but I don’t want something called a ‘cutiemark’. They’re illegal anyhow and I have no intentions of being thrown out on my own into the Wasteland.

I’m identical to all the other mares in District 3, including my mother, and that’s something I’m proud of. Being identical means a better life for everypony. No differences mean no negativity, and no negativity means we can all live a happy, better life. Could you imagine if we were all… different? It would be horrible. Differences would cause rifts and chaos. It would destroy our perfect world. Our lives are so peaceful, so happy and so beautiful. Why would anypony want that to change? The only way to continue our way and quality of life are to continue taking our pills, obey the laws and trust the Overmare. She cares for us all like we’re her precious children. Disobeying her and the laws she’s set for us would be like wanting to destroy everything we hold dear. Disobeying her would be essentially suicide.

Realizing I’ve lost myself in thought, I lightly shake my head and quickly brush my mane and tail, slicking them both into neat buns. I make my way back into my room and trot over to my desk and grab my plain brown saddlebag hanging on the back of my desk chair. After securing it around my waist, I turn around and trot over to my bedroom door. I pull open the door, only to be greeted by my brother standing outside.

“Yes, 442343?” I question with a happy grin.

“Mother sent me to check on you,” He says, wearing an equally happy grin, “says you were taking unusually long. Normally you're down by sixty thirty. It's sixty thirty-five.”

“Sorry, I had to use the bathroom after taking my pills,” I lie, taking a step forward.

“Oh. I suppose we better get downstairs so we can eat before leaving for school,” He says, taking a step back.

“I suppose you're right,” I say, trotting past him and towards the stairs.

442343 smiles and follows after me. Everypony in Equestria, except for the Overmare, are identified by a serial number tattooed onto their left foreleg at birth. Depending on where we are or what we're doing, we may wear a badge, nametag or necklace with our serial numbers on them. Clothes aren't usually worn unless it's a special occasion, such as the Pairing Ceremony or the Great Assignment. When somepony does wear clothes, whether or not it's a special occasion, they can only wear outfits approved by the Overmare and the Senate. The fanciest dresses approved by them have simple lace trims on them, but other than that they’re simple in style like the others.

“Good morning, 442389,” My mother says as 442343 and I reach the bottom of the stairs.

“Good morning, mother,” I say as I approach the table.

“A little late coming down this morning, aren’t you?” Mother questions “everything okay? Did you take your pills?”

“Of course, mother. I would never forget to,” I say “I apologize for my lateness. I had to use the bathroom.”

“Ah, well, breakfast is ready, 442389,” Mother says with a gesture towards the table.

Four plates of neatly stacked pancakes were placed around the wooden table with eating utensils placed alongside them. My father sat on one end of the table reading a book. The cover is red with a white rectangle in the middle. The words 'Generally Applied Mathematical Teachings’ are written in black letters. Beneath the title is various mathematical equations drawn with black ink.

Father and 442343 are both unicorns like mother and I. Unlike the mares of District 3, stallions of our district have pale purple coats, pale blue manes and tails styled into simple, straight cuts and dark green eyes. Everypony in District 3 are unicorns. I have never been to another district personally, but I’m sure the ponies there are unicorns as well. It only makes sense.

I take a seat at the table, sitting in the chair closest to the stairs. 442343 sits to my left and scoots his chair closer. I watch mother fill four glasses mostly full with orange juice, sit them on a tray and carry them over to the table using her blue colored magic. Mother sits the tray gently in the center of the table and uses her magic to pass out the juice. She takes a seat across from my brother and beams happily at the three of us.

“Time to eat,” Mother says cheerfully.

“Thank you, mother,” 442343 and I say simultaneously.

“You’re welcome,” Mother says, beaming more “225718, could you kindly put the book down?”

“Of course, 225684,” Father says, setting the book aside.

“Thank you,” Mother says.

Father smiles at mother for a moment before looking at his plate. The four of us pick up our forks and began to eat our breakfast in sync and in silence, happy grins spread ear to ear on all our faces. Nopony says a word during the entirety of breakfast. The only sounds to be heard were the of our in sync cutting, chewing and swallowing of our pancakes, the synced sipping of our glasses of orange juice and the faint sound of a clock ticking somewhere in the house. Fifteen minutes later, we finish our breakfast and allow mother to take the dirty dishes over to the sink.

“Alright, children, you remember what tonight is, right?” Mother asks with a proud grin.

“Yes, mother,” 442343 and I say in sync “tonight is the Great Assignment.”

“When you get home, you must wash up and put on your best clothes,” Mother says “tonight is very important. You wouldn’t want to make the Overmare think that you… don’t care.”

“We’ll dress our best, mother. We promise,” 442343 and I say together.

“Good, now go outside and wait for the bus with your father,” Mother says “goodbye.”

“Yes, mother. Goodbye mother,” 442343 and I say as we stand and trot over to the front door.

“Goodbye, 225684,” Father says.

“Goodbye, 225718. Don’t forget to wheel the trash can out to the end of the lawn for the garbargeponies,” Mother says.

“Of course,” Father says, trotting over to 442343 and I.

He trots past us and opens the door with his magic. 442343 and I follow him outside, the door closing behind us with a soft thud. The outside is warm, the sky is clear and the sun shines brightly. There is a small breeze blowing through the neighborhood. The cool air feels nice as it blows across my skin. Our neighborhood is rather large. Identical two-story houses with brown wooden roofs, soft pigeon blue sidings, and white framed square windows line either side of the asphalt street for as long as the eye can see. Lush green, recently cut lawns enclosed by short, dark wood fences surround every house.

As I look around, I see other ponies my age trotting out to the end their walkways along with a parent. We all seem to be in sync. The sisters are to the right, their brothers to the left and the parent in front of both of them. We all wear the same happy grins and carefree looks on our faces. We all stop at the end of the walkway, about a foot from the edge of the sidewalk. We stand there for a good five minutes before two rows of black and white buses come down the road from either direction. The buses come to a stop with an audible hiss and the doors swing open. Without missing a beat, we board the buses and sit down on the white leather seats.

I take a seat by the window near the front of the bus. Father and brother sit next to me. To fit the three of us, we scooch together closely, our skin millimeters from touching. The buses are idle for a couple of minutes before the doors swing shut and we’re slowly driven down the road. Soft soothing music plays throughout the bus as we sit in relative silence. I glance up at the bus driver, a mare identical to me. Just like the rest of us, she wears a happy grin on her face. The levels of happiness on the bus is almost palpable and makes me feel even happier.

I look out the window and watch the blur of identical houses pass by. The scenery remains the same until we approach the outer edges of the core of District 3. The suburban neighborhood outside the window turns into tall industrious buildings looming overhead like silent guardians. There’s a slight cloud of pollution lingering above the core of District 3, like a greyish film over the blueness of the sky. The further into the core of the district we go, the shorter the buildings become and the more synchronized bustle I see.

A a few short minutes later, the bus comes to a stop with another low hiss. Looking over, my eyes are greeted with a familiar sight; District 3’s School of General Learning. The school is composed of four floors. The ground floor holds the cafeteria, library, front office, and other administrative rooms. The first floor holds the elementary school classes while the second floor holds the middle school classes. Lastly, the third floor holds the high school classes, the ones 442343 and I attend.

The exterior of the school is made of brick painted pale purple and accented with pale blue. A large black awning juts out from the face of the building a few feet above the school’s entrance. On top of the awning near the edge, big white letters spell out the word ‘school’ in all capitals. Large windows are evenly spaced all over the school building. Outside the school, beneath the end of the awning, two Blackcoats- one mare, one stallion- stand there watching the buses.

The bus door swings open as I watch 442343 and father climb out the seat. I follow suit and quickly find myself standing in the aisle waiting for the ponies in front of me to move. Father ducks back into the seat and places himself next to the window. He waves goodbye to the two of us for a short moment before turning his attention to the window. I look over at 442343, who grins at me.

“Ready for our last wonderful day of school?” 442343 questions, following the crowd of ponies off the bus.

“Absolutely,” I say enthusiastically, following after him.

“I feel honored that the Overmare will personally be there to assign our rolls,” 442343 says.

“As do I,” I say “she's such a benevolent and wise leader. Our lives would be miserable without her.”

“Couldn't have said it better myself,” 442343 says, joining the flow of colts of various ages “goodbye.”

“Goodbye,” I say, mingling with the flow of differently aged fillies.

I accidentally bump into a mare my age as I turn my attention in front of me. She makes a small squeaking sound as she stumbles sideways a few steps. I glance down at her left foreleg quickly and read the serial number tattooed in black ink: MD3-442388-91.

“I apologize for bumping into you,” I say as I look up at her “I didn't mean to do so.”

“All is forgiven. Please try to pay more attention in the future,” The mare says, her voice completely monotone, as she regains her composure.

The mare is a spitting image of myself. Looking at her is like looking into a mirror. Even our voices are the same.

“Duly noted,” I say, giving her a rather large grin “are you ready for the Great Assignment tonight?”

“Of course,” The mare says, giving me a small smile in return “we mustn’t continue the conversation. The Blackcoat officers might believe we’re… friends.”

I feel a small pang of some unfamiliar emotion in my chest at the way the mare says ‘friends’. She says it almost in a shudder, as the very thought of beings friends- or even friendship in general- is the vilest thing to have ever been thought. I quickly dismiss the unknown emotion and thoughts from my head. Of course, the mare is right. Friendship, among other things, is illegal in Equestria. Breaking the no-friendship law is punishable by swift death or immediate banishment to the Wasteland. A punishment no pony would ever want, and so her reaction is justified. If Blackcoats suspected us to be friends, we’d both be punished.

“Of course, my apologies,” I say after a brief moment of silence “you have a good day.”

“You too,” The mare says, looking away from me.

I look away from the mare and exhale sharply. I must be coming down with some kind of virus or infection. I don’t feel sick, though. Perhaps the box of pills in my bathroom have expired? No, I would remember if they were close to expiring. Maybe I’ve been given a bad batch? There must be something wrong. Normally, I don’t have thoughts like these, nor do I feel any… strange… emotions. In fact, I've never had these thoughts before. I clearly remember taking my pills before leaving the house, so I don't know what could be making me have these thoughts. I’m sure nothing good would from telling the nurse or anypony else about… this.

The best thing I can do is make an attempt to forget about all of this. The interaction with MD3-442388-91, the subsequent feeling in my chest. All of it. I lightly shake my head as I pass through the school’s entrance and enter the large hallway. To my left was the front office. The large windows allowed me to see the receptionist sitting behind her blocky u-shaped desk. Over to my right was a single door leading to the janitor’s office. Forgetting about my woes feels easier than what I anticipated. So long as I remain focused on something, it all slips from my mind.

The sea of school ponies flows into the school’s large cafeteria. Since everypony eats breakfast at home prior to boarding the buses and dinner after we all return home, the only meal we receive at school is lunch. The teachers arrive at school at the same time we students do and in order to give them time to set up the day’s lesson, we students sit in the cafeteria and read any approved books. My personal favorite is a book on Equestrian history. I particularly enjoy the bits featuring pictures.

As I take a seat at one of the many elongated tables in the section for high schoolers, I notice pamphlets have been placed at every seat. I pick up the one sitting in front of me and examine the cover. A sea of red surrounds the picture of the Overmare next to an odd-looking computer. Only a thin line of black separates the picture and the redness surrounding it. The title, printed in white letters, reads ‘The Great Assignment - What You Need To Know’.

Opening up the pamphlet, information pertaining to the Great Assignment, how it works, its importance and how it started- among other topics- are listed in an orderly fashion with accompanying pictures. The whole pamphlet feels unnecessary. It serves more as a reminder that we’ll be moving up in society rather than giving us any real information we didn’t know prior. Throughout the final school year for us high schoolers, our teachers have talked about the Great Assignment and what we should expect. My class was given an assignment once that had us interview our parents about their Great Assignment experience and what roles they were given. That assignment led me to find that my father worked as a mechanic and my mother as a neonatal nurse.

After breezing through the pamphlet, I place it in my saddlebag and pull out my history book. Having read the book cover to cover several times in the past, I idly flip through pages, occasionally stopping to reread a paragraph of interest or to admire a historical picture. I eventually come across the section detailing the coming about of the Blackcoats and the justification of both their existence and importance. The third page about Blackcoats features a comparison of their prototype uniform and their current ones. The prototype design gave them the appearance of clunky robots. Looking at it, you can almost feel heavy they look. Their current uniforms are much sleeker and appealing than the prototype designs.

All Blackcoats, regardless of gender, have charcoal grey coats and are always unicorns. Their uniforms consist of black button-up jackets with white buttons and accents, plain black pants, black boots, and a hat. The style of the hat you’ll see on a Blackcoat depends on their gender. Female Blackcoats wear bowler hats while the males wear peaked caps. In addition to all this, Blackcoats always wear these white masks with a permanent happy grin etched into it. The eye holes are covered with a special piece of glass that- along with the hardware inside of the mask- allows the wearer to pull up information about any pony or place in the district.

“Attention students, you may proceed to class in an orderly fashion,” A female voice says, echoing about the cafeteria “please remember to take your belongings with you.”

With a small sigh, I place my book back in my saddlebag and rise from my seat. I join the crowd of ponies milling out into the hallway, the thoughts from earlier threatening to enter the forefront of my mind. I try to confine the newer thoughts to the back of mind along with the ones from earlier. I can hope that by the end of the day, I’ll have completely forgotten all about it. I hope that my classwork will suffice as ample distraction from those unwanted, intrusive thoughts.

***

Two hours have since passed and those intrusive thoughts continue to pester me. I don’t understand why they keep whirling around my head. I dislike them and wish for them to stop. I glance up at the clock hanging above the teacher’s desk. Just another twenty minutes and it’ll be lunch time, and then we’ll all take another dose of pills. Maybe then, those thoughts will disappear completely.

“Miss 442389, would you please come here?” The teacher asks in a soft voice.

I rise from my desk and trot over to the teacher, who gives me a big smile.

“Take these papers down to the front office, please,” Teacher says, floating over a thick stack of paperwork with her magic.

“Yes ma’am,” I say, taking the papers with my own magic “would it be alright if I stop at the restroom if need be on my way back?”

“I suppose so,” Teacher says, looking down at her book “now run along.”

Without another word, I trot over to the door and exit the classroom. The hallway is empty and feels a bit cooler than the classroom. I sigh softly as I trot down the hallway. The walls and ceiling are white. The majority of the floor tiles are also white, with weaving patterns of pale blue and pale purple. Dark purple lockers line both sides of the hall, only interrupted every few feet by a door. This hallway soon comes to end and I’m presented with the options of going left or right. I take the left hall and trot a little faster.

I soon come to one of only two stairwells in the school. Carefully, I make my way down the winding stairs until I reach the ground floor. When I reach the last step, the janitors cleaning the floor look over at me and smile. I give them a smile back as I trot past them and proceed to the front office. A few short trots later and I’m by the door leading into the office. I pull on it with my magic, only to find it locked. I look up to see the secretary is gone from her desk, leaving the office empty. I give the glass window of the door three hard knocks and wait for the secretary to come back.

Sure enough, after hearing my knocks, the secretary returns to her desk and presses a button to unlock the door. It unlocks with an audible click and I’m able to pull it open with my magic. I trot inside the office and set the stack of paperwork on the counter.

“Mrs. 225720 has asked me to deliver these papers to the front office,” I say.

“Thank you, young one. I have some more paperwork for your teacher, so please have a seat over there,” The secretary says “I need to print it off, get them sorted and stapled and then you can be on your way. It shouldn't take but five or six minutes.”

“Okay, thank you,” I say, trotting over to one of the many green leather chairs.

I sit down on the cold leather seat and look over at the nearby table for something to read. A plastic container neatly organizes a variety of pamphlets, including copies of the Great Assignment pamphlet given to all the high schoolers earlier that morning. I can't help but feel as if the Overmare is staring directly at me, almost as if she's staring into my soul. The Overmare is an advocate for equality, yet she has no identical twin. There's nopony who looks like her. I've always figured it was for the best, that she was keenly aware of the fact. It would be a tad hard to lead if you couldn't discern yourself from the rest of the crowd, wouldn't it?

I tear my gaze from the pamphlet and examine the others. I settle on a pamphlet for the Blackcoat anniversary celebration. I bring it over with my magic and read it. The anniversary celebration is an annual event celebrating the inception of the Blackcoats. It’s an event everypony is required to attend at the Ceremony Hall. All the Blackcoats in the district are lined up on the stage and the Overmare comes on and gives a big speech about how she came to create them and how important they are, as well as how grateful she- and everypony else- is to have them. There’s a brief intermission where we’re allowed to eat as much as the provided food as we’d like, then it’s back to more speeches. Some of it’s about Blackcoats, some of it is the Overmare talking about herself and how she’s saved us from a world of hate.

I read through the pamphlet five times before the secretary calls me back up to the front desk. I glance up at the clock. Seven minutes have passed by, which means I have only six to use the bathroom and get the stack of paperwork to my teacher.

“It took me a tad longer than expected,” The secretary says “I had to retrieve more staples from the supply room. In case you’re late, I’ve written a note saying just that.”

“Okay, thank you,” I say, giving her a big smile.

“You’re welcome,” She says, smiling back “now run along.”

“Yes ma’am, have a good day,” I say, turning away from the desk.

“You too,” She says.

The door makes another clicking sound as I approach it. It glides open with ease as I pull it with my magic. With haste, I make my way back up to the fourth floor of the school. Back up on the fourth floor, I ask a nearby janitor for the time.

“Three minutes till twelve,” He says.

“Okay, thank you,” I say, smiling at him.

“You’re welcome, now skedaddle on back to class,” He says, trotting away.

Only three minutes? But I’ve got use the restroom. Looks like I’ll be late getting back to the teacher and going to lunch… unless I make a pitstop at my locker and take my pills with me to the restroom. Doing so will make me even later getting back to my teacher, but she’ll just have to deal with it. Besides, she gave me permission to use the restroom on my way back and I have a note from the secretary excusing my lateness. Even if I’m chastised for returning late to class, at least I’ll have taken my pills and forgotten about the intrusive thoughts plaguing my mind.

After a couple of minutes, I find my locker- number 405- and open it up. With glee and a sigh of relief, I pull a small plastic bag containing my lunchtime pills out of my saddlebag. Usually, I take mine with something to drink, but this time I’ll have to make do with swallowing them dry. I take a step back and close my locker. I trot down the hall and make my way to the bathroom.

I trot into the filly’s room, my pills and delivery in my magical grasp. As I step through the doorway, the sound of water running fills my ears. As I round the corner, the mare washing her hooves at the sink looks over at me with an expressionless face.

“Good afternoon,” I say, giving her a small grin.

In the back of my mind, I can’t help but feel like the small grin I give the mare is fake, or at least half fake.

“Good afternoon,” She says, her voice completely monotone as her eyes drift to the items in my magical grasp “what are you doing with those?”

“The paperwork is for my teacher, Mrs. 225720. She sent me to the office and this the stack the secretary wants me to give to her,” I explain “and since it’s close to lunchtime, I decided it would be best to take my pills with me to the bathroom.”

The mare blinks then narrows her eyes at me just enough for it to be somewhat noticeable, but only if you were paying attention. She shuts the faucet off with her magic, then uses it to pull a sheet of paper towel from the dispenser.

“I see,” She says, turning to face me “it would break the Overmare’s heart if you were to flush your pills down the toilet.”

“Indeed it would,” I agree, glancing down for a moment to read the serial number on her leg.

MD3-442388-91. The same mare who I had bumped into earlier this morning. A pure coincidence, of course, but for some reason, I can help but feel as if we continue to run into one another for a reason. An awkward silence fills the air as we simply stare at each other, unsure of what to say next or how to end the conversation. The grin I held on my face melts into a small, awkward smile. 442388’s face remains expressionless.

“Say, aren’t you the mare who bumped into me this morning?” She questions “your serial number looks familiar.”

“Yes, that would be me,” I say, shifting my weight a bit “it seems we continue to run into one another.”

“Unfortunately so,” She says, a hint of disgust flickering in her eyes momentarily “luckily there are no Blackcoats monitoring the restroom. I would really rather not be exiled… or executed.”

The same feeling I felt from the way she had said ‘friends’ earlier arises again in my chest. I have the sudden urge to snap at her and make a rude remark, and it takes everything in me to refrain from doing so. I can see why friendship is illegal, I want to say, being friends with you would be irritating with an attitude like that. 442388 merely blinks at me, as if she’s unfazed by how rude her comment is.

Very unfortunate, but I do agree,” I say, purposefully lacing my words with venom “it would be very… irritating if they mistook me to be a friend of yours.”

This earns a very noticeable eye narrowing and appalled look from 442388.

“Excuse me?” She questions, clearly offended “are you implying that you find the idea of having a friendly relation with me… annoying?”

“Apologies, 442388, I was under the impression you felt the same way,” I say, fighting the urge to roll my eyes.

442388 narrows her eyes harshly at me for a moment before relaxing her face and retaining the same emotionless expression as before. A shrill bell rings out in the hallway for a couple of seconds before stopping. 442388 sighs loudly, clearly still upset.

“I won’t tell if you won’t,” I say, trotting forward a few steps.

442388 rolls her eyes before reluctantly nodding her head in agreement.

“You should feel lucky that I won’t be reporting this to any authority figure,” She says, trotting towards me “it’s not worth it to take myself down too.”

“Goodbye, 442388. Have a pleasant day,” I say, forcing myself to smile kindly at her.

442388 merely rolls her eyes again in response as she trots past me. Sighing softly, I trot into the closet stall and close the door behind me. I lock the door and sit on the toilet. I take in a deep breathe as I sit the paperwork on the floor and place the pills in my left hoof. Exhaling sharply, I raise my hoof and open my mouth, preparing to swallow these flavorless pills. As I’m about to pop my Retla pills into my mouth, I suddenly pause, the pills mere millimeters from my lips. Into my head pops a bunch of questions that almost shatters my entire life.

Why do I have to take these pills? What happens if I refuse to take them? Would I die? Would anything happen at all? Why is the Overmare so adamant that we take them?

I pull my hoof and the pills away from my mouth and simply stare at them. A part of me wants to cram the Retla pills down my throat and forget about those reality fracturing questions and intrusive thoughts. Another part of me, however, wants me to throw the pills down into the mix of piss and toilet water in the bowl below and flush them away. An exhausting whirlwind of questions assaults my brain. These conflicting emotions almost make me want to swallow the Retla pills, but at the same time, I want to attempt to endure it and see what happens if I just flush them.

After what feels like an eternity, I finally make my resolve. Using my magic to tear off some toilet paper, I wipe myself clean and hop off the toilet. Holding the pills in my magical grasp, I turn around and stare down into the toilet bowl. I glance over at the pills and take in a deep breath.

“What they don’t know won’t kill them,” I mumble after exhaling slowly.

I quickly throw the Retla pills into the piss water below and flush the toilet. A small part of me feels regret for flushing them, but surprisingly, I feel more relieved than anything else. Sighing softly, I exit the stall, wash and dry my hooves and make my way back to Mrs. 225720.

To be continued....

Author's Note:

Apologies for the lateness of this chapter! A lot of personal/family issues, work, and college stuff has delayed this chapter's release. Hopefully, future chapters will come out at more reasonable times. Thank you all for being patient with me! I made sure to make this chapter extra long to make up for the delay!

Edit: I realized that because the chapter is extremely long, it may cause readers feel as if it's take forever and a half to read and possibly make give up on finishing the chapter. Therefore, I have split the chapter into two parts. Sorry for any inconveniences. Thank you for ready "Identicality"!!