• Published 26th Jan 2019
  • 1,129 Views, 4 Comments

Sunset Collides - Lonely Fanboy48



Sunset Meets Her Human Counterpart and her future might change forever.

  • ...
9
 4
 1,129

Counterparts in Canterlot High And Princess Twilight Returns

The bright sun rose to the sky, shining on the Canterlot high building as well as the students around the main breezeway. As for the girls, they were alongside Human Sunset, staying out of sight. The risk of seeing another Sunset would be too great, and a large commotion would be the last thing on Sunset’s mind.

Spike looked both ways, ensuring that the coast stood clear. He then signaled the girls to go, and followed them. "Okay girls, you can come out now."

Pony Sunset paused, having second thoughts. Knowing well that there wasn’t a choice in the matter, the girls saw her and tried to convince her.

"Darling, you have to saddle this." Rarity said.

“I don’t think I can..." Pony Sunset denied.

“But, you can't skip school because of her." Fluttershy pointed at Human Sunset.

Pony Sunset turned back, only to be stopped by Rainbow Dash, who tried to calm her down, with Pinkie following suit. Both of them begged her to do it, and Pony Sunset had no choice but to accept. She was still scared, aware of what would happen at any time.

Human Sunset stood by the steps of Canterlot High, expecting Pony Sunset.

“Sunset" Pony Sunset grabbed her hand and led her up the steps, but was still unaware of what’s to come. They managed to get in front of the doors of Canterlot High, despite Pony Sunset gulping in fear. As soon as Human Sunset opened the door and entered inside, some of the students turned their heads, seeing her.

“Hey it's Sunse-" Derpy exclaimed, but paused as she saw the two Sunsets. She then checked her eyesight, wondering if it was fixed it or not. She was right about her eyesight, indeed. But then again, so was everyone else. Sure enough, everyone saw the two, who were now walking. Everyone in the hallways turned their heads in silent shock and light awe, having no idea how they saw two Sunsets in one place. As a result, Pony Sunset was frightened.

As they turned to the right to get to the office, they suddenly ran into Flash Sentry. Somehow, he thought he was hallucinating, but this was no mirage for sure. "Umm? Hello, Sunset Shimmer… and Sunset… Shimmer?"

“Flash, wait! We're going to Principal Celestia and Luna because... Sunset wants to enroll into Canterlot High as a new student. Very long story."

“Oh… ok.” Flash nodded awkwardly before walking away.

"You know him?" Human Sunset asked.

“Yes..." Pony Sunset answered, but had nothing else to say.

After a minute of walking through the hallways with people staring at them, they finally made it to the principal's office.

“Okay, here goes nothing.” She said in thought as she opened to door. She saw Principal Celestia and Luna doing their work. As soon as they saw Sunset, they greeted normally. But, it wasn’t until they saw another Sunset, which made their eyes open in shock. Celestia didn't even say anything when she saw Pony Sunset coming in. However, Luna came close to Human Sunset and greeted her because she looked different and out in the open with her Pony Counterpart by her. Over the next ten minutes, they both explained about what happened between the two. This gave Celestia and Luna some time to think it through.

Thirty Minutes Later

“Luna and I took us time to find a solution for this. So…, Other Sunset, you wish to enroll here as new student? And, are your parents and/or guardians ok with this?"

As soon as Human Sunset nodded, they then turned to Pony Sunset. "And, Sunset can you explain why you’re here?"

“I really don't want my secret to come out. Please don't let me explain it, I have my real reasons, and I don't want to leave this school." Pony Sunset protested, pleading the fifth.

"You don't have to leave." Luna replied

"Sunset, everyone have secrets they don't want to talk to people, even if their keeping lies. And to me, your never lied to anyone and kept your secrets to me. Therefore, there was no need to make us think you should tell us your personal secrets. You may have done bad things in the past, but you changed, so much that everything that happened was put behind us." Celestia explained.

Pony Sunset was relieved. "Oh thank you, Principal Celestia. I promise you, this will never happen again."

"Okay Okay, don't get carried away." Luna said. "We will still need to talk about this to the students later."

By the time the two Sunsets got out of the office, they were surprised to see their friends standing by the locker.

"So how was it?" Twilight asked in anticipation.

"It was fine. But, I don't think everyone would be okay will this. Luna said this whole situation isn’t off the hook because they would still need to figure it out.

“I don’t know about this. I’m not so much as a spotlight kind of person." Human Sunset spoke in pressure. She would still prefer to be alone and hope this whole thing didn’t occur at all. But, things turned for the light worse as she was stared at by wandering students by the time she approached her new locker.

"Well, someone else's welcome didn't go as they wanted" Rainbow Dash replied.

"Yeah, but ah don't think it can get any more awkward, can it?" Applejack wondered.


Not even a day passed, and Human caught the attention of various students passing by, of even in class. Every student she came across turned his or her head and saw her, much to their curiosity. Most were either astounded or awkwardly confused of seeing another Sunset that is unlike the real Sunset they knew. She couldn’t stand this fiasco any longer, but it wasn’t until she saw her counterpart.

“This is the worse day in my life! Because of your being here long ago, my life has been a stop-and-stare show. What am I supposed to do now?" Human Sunset argued.

“Okay! So your first day wasn't as normal as you thought. But, don’t worry. I'm sure this whole thing will fade away in a moment." Pony Sunset tried to calm her counterpart down.

Rarity tried to give Human Sunset some advice. "Maybe you should talk to other people and make friends, darling.”

Sunset was irritated. "How many times to I have to say you girls? I'm not making any friends here! I can go on my own! Am I missing something here?"

“Look, Sunset..." Pony Sunset spoke to her counterpart. "I know this is not what you expect from a school like this, but people are making so many friends here. I, for one, didn't know a lot from this until I met these girls. Sometimes, you’ll have to meet a friend in order to have them understand."

Human Sunset backed up for a bit despite seeing everyone still willing to help her.
"All right fine. But, I'm sure all of this won't change my goals. Plus, you still have to fix my guitar."

All of the girls agreed before making their way home. At the same time, the Portal appeared in front of the statue, and out came Princess Twilight.

“Sunset, I think may have found a way to fix this hole magic situation..." Twilight painted. It wasn’t long before she saw Human Sunset and Pony Sunset standing.

Comments ( 2 )

gate to be your first thumbsdown on this story, but the grammar here kinda ruins any immersion I can get into with this

9423154

9423369
Both this and Twilights Collide we’re my first fanfics. The reason why their not more edited is because looking at them now and not in 2017, I’ve moved on. I made a 3rd story however I stopped after the 3rd chapter. I’m just not into writing Counterpart stories since it’s not making me feel happy.

Login or register to comment