• Published 23rd Jan 2019
  • 607 Views, 3 Comments

A Walk in the Park - Hillbe



It's Hearts and Hooves Day and a lone dragon tries to read a book

  • ...
7
 3
 607

A Stroll in the Park

A Stroll in the Park

Spike like the gallant pony whipped dragon he was had done too much on too little beauty sleep, His wings blew in the wind like the capes of so many comic book heros as he snoozed on top of Raritys back his face buried in her fabulously flowing mane.
Earlier his argument about feeding Opalescences mutant offspring with rubber gloves filled with milk with a digit for each little mouth to feed was quickly vetoed. lucky for all involved the mother of all kitties came equipped for just such an occasion.
Behind the lady of fashion in the dragon cape was her pet kitty Opal strutting proudly and marching furiously behind her was Ruby Gem Sapphire Bobbin Lacey Fang Inky Stinky and Dinky. Yea you can thank Spike for the three names and Sweetie Belle for the other three and the rest? Guess who named who? Today was a month after the supply room incident and the first day to parade the micro hybrid brood for all of Ponyville to stare at Angel Bunnys handy work.

.................................:yay:..........................

Fluttershy patently waited for her extended family to attend their weekly get together, her blanket laid out neatly the red and white checkers warming in the sun, Her bunny ward was chillaxing with a set of shades and a silly drink of mixed with fruits with a little umbrella in his paw. With the tinkling of ice and the glistening of droplets on the glass ol Angel was playing the part of Mr. Cool. His micro deck chair reclined for maximum effect of 'too cool for you'. The mighty bunny watched the approaching army of the fashion pony in her dragon cape and eight little plus one kitty kibble munchers strolling along the path his little bunny heart skipped a beat as he lowered his shades for a better look at his puss mommy and their wonderful mutant kibbits? Buntties? Ratties? What he needed was for Twilight or Pinkamena Diane Pie to christen these little abominations with a catchy name for marketing if for nothing else.

Rarity carefully set the sleeping dragon down on the blanket arranging his wings to catch the most of the rays from the noontime sun. She herself laid next to her friend collapsing in a most unlady like thump her haunches burying into the blanket, Opal and her little mutants were engulfing Angel like a fuzzy shmooze as Ruby Sapphire Bobbin Lacey Gem Inky Dinky Stinky and Fang made a fluffle puffy ball around daddy bun. All that was heard was a few squeaks and the sounds of his fancy drink being slurped up by his little mutants. The swarm rolled over the blanket, Angels big fat fuzzy bunny feet and colorful drink umbrella sticking up in the air the only things to be recognizable from the wondering fuzz ball.

Fluttershy watched for as long as she could and when she figured it was okay to interrupt the happy family reunion of bunny, mommy kitty and the eight plus one creepy little bunny kitty mutants.
"Rarity what happened to you and Spike you both look so tired, Was it your last order from Hoity Toity?"
"Oh Fluttershy, It seems we've been burning our proverbial candles at both ends" She stretched out "Between the school, special orders and the little new additions, It's been quite busy even Spikey is overwhelmed with everything".

"Spike? Oh dear you look like you're as tired as Spike!" Fluttershy no sooner completed her remark Rarity face planted into the checkered blanket, sandwiches and refreshments with snores echoing over the muffled sounds of Angel Bunnies cries of anguish under Opals mutant mobs of affection.

...............................:raritystarry:............................

Spike and Rarity snoozed nose to nose hoof to claw and tail to tail, Fluttershy knew all too well the wanting to be close to her special somebody and watched the odd couples. One set with mutant babies and the other pair yet to try. She thought of herself and Discord and the future possibilities after all he went from a tyrannical trickster to a jealous jester threatening Tree Hugger with a trip to the sock dimension to finally a hero of the Empire. She thought of her silly fears and how that draconequus would do anything to keep her safe and happy. Just like that dragon sleeping peacefully with Rarity. Spike the dragon and Rarity. With Angel Bunny and that feather in his paw about to tickle a sleeping fire breathing dragon with his flame thrower aimed at her best friends snout! Quick as a flash Fluttershy grabbed the offending rabbit and deposited him away lecturing how rude it was to prank the sleeping couple and to promise to never ever ever never to ever do this again.
Fluttershy looked at a smirking evil bunny his eyes looking back at where he and his feather once were, Fluttershys eyes followed his gaze only to see Opalescence slinking her way between the two noses her tail intentionally flicking their nostrils. Fluttershys eyes went wide as the quiet of the park was interrupted by a burst of crackling flames and a frantic scream of some mare who desperately wanted to skin a cat , take revenge on a dragon or take a jump face first into a lake. As Bobbin Lacy Fang Inky Dinky Stinky Ruby Gem Sapphire their daddy and Fluttershy watched the three smoking characters running a Chineighs fire drill with the punch bowl. Funny how long and skinny Opalescences tail looks like with all the fuzzy burned off... Rarity? Don't ask.