• Published 21st Jan 2019
  • 943 Views, 7 Comments

The Sun's Mistakes - MetallicPie



Celestia reflects on the mistakes that she had made in the past.

  • ...
1
 7
 943

The Sun's Mistakes

Author's Note:

Just a little short story I made. Let me know if there are any mistakes below! :twilightsmile:

I rose the sun at the balcony so a new day could start. I didn't have to see the frightening image of my banished sister anymore. It brought back horrifying memories of the mistakes I had made. Ponies seem to think I'm perfect but I'm actually not. I don't even know why they would think that. Everypony could make mistakes in life including me. There's no such thing as a perfect pony, so why think that I'm like that?

After I finished raising the sun, I exited the balcony and went back inside. The guards would have breakfast ready for me by the time. They didn't have to do that for me though. I could be independent and cook breakfast all by myself. I'm not a foal anymore, needing her mother to cook her food for her every single day. Ponies seem to think I appreciate it, but no I don't.

I snapped out of my thoughts when one of my servants entered my room.

"Princess, your breakfast is ready," the servant said.

When I heard those words come out of their mouth, I forced a smile. I didn't want them knowing that I didn't appreciate any of this. Not yet, at least...

"Thank you. I'll be down shortly."

The servant then bowed and left my room. That always bothers me. Ponies always bowing to me. They don't have to do that all the time. They just don't.

...

I entered the kitchen, seeing that my food was on the table. I walked over to a chair and sat down. All I could do was just stare at the food. I wasn't really hungry. I was often not really hungry. I had all these thoughts in my mind that just made it difficult for me to eat. The servants in the castle want me to eat and I tell them I'm not hungry. They would then ask me if anything was wrong and I would lie by saying no. As much as I hate lying, I didn't want to let them know about the truth of Nightmare Moon. I wanted to keep it a secret longer.

Just then, one of the servants would see me staring at my food.

"Princess, why aren't you eating?" the servant asked.

I looked up, saying the same answer I always had.

"I'm not hungry."

They gave me a concerned look.

"Princess, is something wrong?"

"No. I'm fine."

They would have a concerned look in their eyes.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

The servant was about to say something else but I flew away before they could. I felt like I was about to lose myself. I didn't want to do that in front of my subjects, servants, or guards. I feel like I always have to keep my composure when I'm around them. I needed to be brave for the ponies of Equestria.

...

I entered my room, breathing heavily. I could feel tears streaming down my cheeks. I didn't want to cry now because I had duties to do today. I would save the tears for nighttime.

No. I can't cry now. Save it for nighttime...

I'd grab a tissue from my desk and use it to dry the tears from my cheeks and the ones that were still in my eyes. Just then, a guard came to check on me.

"Your highness, are you alright?" the guard asked.

I would give them a dull response.

"Leave me be..." I said.

"B-But princess, I..."

"I said leave me be," I said a little louder but still dull.

The guard exited the room, leaving me all alone.

...

After a while of being in my room, I'd now start my morning duties. It was a busy morning, but not really exciting. Not very exciting things happen often, except when the Summer Sun Celebration happens...

The Summer Sun Celebration is my least favorite time of year. It brings back painful memories of me banishing my sister. Honestly, I wish it didn't exist. It's a very unnecessary thing to me. If they could change it, I would be okay with that also.

When I was finished with my morning duties, it was the afternoon. I would do some magic lessons with Twilight. Twilight is one of the students I have had in my life. My previous student was a pony named Sunset Shimmer. I had tried to teach her the things she needed to know but it didn't work out. She had abandoned me later on. That moment reminded me of when I failed my sister. My sister's name is Luna also known as Nightmare Moon.

I couldn't make up for my mistakes at the moment. The time hasn't come yet.

...

I rose the moon at the balcony like I do with the sun. When I was done, I tucked Twilight into bed and went back to the balcony. I saw the frightening image of Luna once again. I started to tear up when I looked at it. I then broke down sobbing.

"I-I'm sorry, Luna..." I said. "I'm so sorry..."

I was finally letting out all the emotions that were building up inside of me. I'd sob quietly though because I don't want any of the ponies in the castle hearing me, especially Twilight. She was too young to know about my pain and she would be one of the ponies connected to the Elements of Harmony. She will free my sister from her prison then I would be reunited with her again.

Soon you will be free, little sister... I thought. Soon you will be free...

...

After I had let everything out, I would climb into my bed and go to sleep. I would often wake up from nightmares. Sometimes I wouldn't even have them. If I did, one of the guards would rush into my room because I would scream since it's about Luna. They would then ask if I was okay and I would say yes. They partly didn't believe me though so they would ask if I would like some tea. I would accept the offer since tea helps me calm my nerves. After I'd drink the tea, I would climb back into my bed and sleep.

I need you, Luna... Please return home soon...

Comments ( 7 )

Not bad. Some feeling from Celestia

9414438
Yeah. Thought it would be great to give Celestia some feeling and opinions.

I need you, Luna... Please return home soon...

Ouch.

Comment posted by MetallicPie deleted Jan 21st, 2019

Love this. Thank you for reminding us that no matter how high-ranking or authoritative people may be, they, like us, still have feelings and internal issues which relate to actions and events from the past. And sometimes, they need to handle said emotions alone, but we, inadvertently, make it hard it for them because we've become so engulfed in the subconscious act of putting them on a gold pedestal of perfection.

9652213
No problem! Glad you liked it! :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment