• Published 25th Jul 2019
  • 343 Views, 7 Comments

Disharmony's Parallel - Xutiepops



After the events of Harmony's Parallel, Twilight's final words were true as Harmony launches an attack on Disharmony

  • ...
3
 7
 343

The Journey Home

Twilight was intent on staying in her crystal bed in her judgmental crystal room for the rest of her days. Anything to keep her friends from going back to Equestria to try and fight again. Images of her look-alike, her beautiful, stunning, breath-taking, and vile look alike filled her mind whenever she thought about it. She groaned and hid her head under her pillow, she wasn't able to sleep, her memories taking her usual nightmare's place.

And she went on a spiel in her mind, promising herself she wouldn't leave her bed and wouldn't go back to facing those crimson eyes and that wicked grin. And she nodded, understanding her will's want and ready to comply.

Now she was being dragged on her stomach next to Pinkie Pie, who had her tail in her mouth. "Didn't sleep well, Twily?" Pinkie Pie said clearly, making Twilight wonder how her speaking wasn't at all affected by the tail in her mouth.

Twilight sighed and rolled her eyes, giving up the fight she had been fighting for the past ten minutes. "You could say that," she mumbled, images of teleporting away from Pinkie only for the mare to have her hooves right back around her as if she predicted her moves before she even thought them slipped into her thoughts.

She looked up with wide eyes at the halls, they looked... familiar. As if she'd seen them before and focused on them. She thought maybe it was that one hall, but now every hall seemed familiar, every bunch in the carpet was expected and moved as she was dragged over it. She remembered where candles were, where chandeliers sat overhead, which paintings were where.

Her eyes widened as her heart broke, she stared up at a painting of the old ruler of the Crystal Empire, Princess Amore. Her gaze seemed... disgusted, revolted at Twilight's actions. And Twilight didn't even know which actions or thoughts the princess could be so disappointed with. Twilight stared at the floor, tears pricking at her eyes as she remembered her replica's words.

"Walking through hallways of correctional facilities is the most fun thing ever. Just seeing such justices stand so high above you, laughing at your wicked and messed up mind." Her replica had said before she explained her past to Twilight, expressing such sadness and happiness Twilight hadn't gone through that. And that was all before she realized she wasn't meant to live, her beloved look-alike snapped her wings against her back, falling to the ground.

And Twilight, like the fool she was, caught her. More memories flooded her, teemed out of her. Especially the one where they were winning, their friendship coming through and they were so close to success. Then, their Twilight did... something Twilight didn't know to this day. It was as if all of the disharmonized ponies energy was renewed, and they used it.

And they won.

Twilight's thoughts were stopped as Pinkie Pie threw her into the throne room, bouncing in behind her, not that Twilight could notice, she was too stuck on the sight in front of her.

Cadence sat between Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle, smiling with them as they explained... something. With the few words Twilight heard, she assumed it was a dangerous quest. But Cadence was smiling, with the Crusaders, and happily! Cadence's smiles had always been soft, but not genuine, it had always pained her to see her friends so depressed, and she always put on a happy face.

Now, she wasn't. And as Twilight looked over the laughing faces as Scootaloo explained a dangerous part, tipped off with long pauses, none of them were just putting on a happy face. She didn't understand, they were all torn apart by sadness yesterday, how could this much hope spark?

It didn't make logical sense, it really didn't, but as she looked at Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Rarity, she understood. The three had everything they needed with their little sisters there, some of the most precious things they had left behind had arrived with a surprise reuinion. They didn't think of a lost Equestria, they thought of home with their older little sisters, that image must've driven so much hope within them.

Fluttershy and Cadence were happy to see their friends so happy, the two were practically beaming in the joy and warmth that came with the reunited sisters around them. They must've wanted to give the others that image of home too.

Spike and Starlight were gushing, listening intently to the story with wide stares on the Crusaders. Starlight didn't question the room's happiness like yesterday, she was simply basking in it next to Spike. The Princesses were sitting behind Cadence, smiling down approvingly at the Crusaders. Twilight stared down at the three Crusaders herself, seeing the differences from the little fillies she had known.

Apple Bloom grew motherly and responsible, her radiant smile and bright orange eyes didn't change like the rest of her. Like the other Crusaders, her body filled out to be a young mare, not a filly. Her mane was pulled into a long ponytail, a small bow forming the ponytail closer to the top rather than the bottom like her older sister.

Sweetie Belle seemed more... punkish, to say the least. Her mane cut to a rough, uneven bob that, if she was being honest, looked straighter than yesterday. She could only imagine Rarity being unable to sleep next to a monstrosity like that and cut it to a suitable edge while Sweetie Belle slept. Other than her mane, her horn was quick to activate magic to help Scootaloo's story. She also wore a few scars that Twilight shockingly hadn't heard Rarity screech about. Though, as she thought that, Rarity's eye twitched as she noticed one on Sweetie Belle's neck.

Scootaloo had changed the most, visually, anyways. Her mane was still its short cut, but a new cyan streak glistened in the morning, or afternoon, sun as she theatrically told her story. Her cheeks were scarred, those scars leading down to the rest of her body. Twilight sighed and looked away, it was a horrible sight. But she slightly smiled as Scootaloo flew up into the air with the end of her story.

As happy as Twilight was to see her friends all warm and fuzzy again, her stomach turned. If they were this happy, they'd want to go back to Equestria now! And she needed to keep them away from Equestria with all she had, for their own good. She groaned inwardly, she knew it wasn't for them, it was for her.

"Oh, good!" She heard Applejack say with a smile. She winced slightly, screaming at herself to make a plan to keep them away from Equestria. "We're all here!"

Spike ran up to Twilight with a bright smile. "Yeah! You missed a whole morning of the Crusaders talking all about the cool stuff they set up with Zecora," he gushed, flying up to her height instinctively to get even more in her face.

She raised her eyebrow, but before she could question him, she was shoved down and she heard Pinkie Pie talk over her, she groaned aloud this time. "Oh! Oh! What's Zecora up to?" Pinkie Pie asked, leaning forward on Twilight's head as she got in Spike's face. He decided not the challenge her as he backed away, laughing nervously at Twilight's scowl.

"She set up this, like, cult thing against those idiots, there near Celestia and Luna's old castle," Rainbow Dash said confidently as she flew over next to Spike, a huge grin on her face. "Her and the girls basically run it," Rainbow Dash said smugly as she crossed her hooves with a smirk.

Pinkie Pie lowered her head as she stepped off Twilight, walking up to the Crusaders nervously. She giggled slightly before glancing up at them. "Sorry if this brings up bad news, but, um," Pinkie started before shaking her head and staring at them with new determination Sweetie Belle read as rage as she slipped behind Apple Bloom. "Are Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake okay?" She asked seriously.

Apple Bloom smiled up at her. "Yeah, Cheerilee teaches 'em stuff," she said reassuringly. Pinkie Pie let out a breath she didn't realize she was holding in as she melted onto the ground in a sigh, so relieved, she felt boneless.

"That's good," she said happily as she popped back up with a grin. She hit her head with her hoof lightly. "I don't know what I'd do if I figured out those meanies took Ponyville and forced the Cakes into some kind of manual labor and did something horrible to the twins like..." she thought as she paced in front of the crowd. She stopped with a smile. "Like take them under their wing and raise those two adorable babies to be as gross as they are."

The Crusaders laughed nervously, remembering the state of Mr. Cake. "Yeah, it definitely ain't that," Apple Bloom reassured cautiously. "You ain't got nothin' to worry 'bout with 'em."

Cadence stood up, interrupting the conversation. "I think it's time we talk about how you'll be getting back to Equestria." The others nodded as Pinkie Pie sat down in front of them, Rainbow Dash and Spike joining her. They all stared at Twilight expectantly until the alicorn sighed and started towards the crowd, sitting down and staring numbly at Apple Bloom.

For some reason, whenever she looked at Apple Bloom, a sense of hope and joy washed over her. But as quickly as it comes, its gone. Twilight tried to avoid her for the rest of the conversation.

Rarity started as she cleared her throat and held her head high. She looked down at Sweetie Belle with a smile. "Since Zecora planned that flawless trip here, what does she have planned for our return?"

"Uh..." the Crusaders started nervously.

Rainbow shot into the air with a raised hoof. "Yeah! She most definitely had a plan for us to ram the wall and force them to lower it."

"Not quite," Scootaloo said quietly as she rubbed the back of her neck, looking between her friends and the crowd of expectant stares that wanted an answer. She avoided their gaze and instead glanced up at the ceiling that held Flurry Heart walking across a chandelier with her mane hanging down at the change in gravity.

"Of course it ain't," Applejack grumbled, a narrowed stare on Rainbow Dash. "Zecora ain't gonna say we start a war before we even get into the country," she hissed, not backing down as Rainbow Dash pressed her forehead on her's and pushed.

"Of course Applejack is right," Rarity said, breaking the two apart with her words. Applejack stuck her tongue out at Rainbow Dash smugly. "Zecora would want us to use my genius dress making skills to make outfits to fool the gaurds at the border," she said, causing Applejack and Rainbow Dash to stare at her with smug smiles and raised eyebrows.

"Says the pony who flooded the castle with ugly dresses," Applejack whispered to Rainbow Dash who snickered. Rarity huffed and looked away, before turning back with an open mouth and furrowed eyebrows.

"I can too make a dress!" She stomped before narrowing her eyes on the two she was arguing with. She stood up straight and cleared her throat. "But that's besides the point," she stared. "The point is Zecora's plan is some type of infiltration, maybe seduction combo."

Rainbow Dash burst into a fit of laughter as she curled up to herself in the air, holding her stomach as she howled. Applejack covered her mouth with her hoof as she laughed. Rarity fumed more.

"Uh, guys," Apple Bloom tried to step in.

"It's obviously gonna be a super awesome attack!" Rainbow argued, dropping to the floor with everypony else.

"Guys," Scootaloo tried to say.

"No," Applejack interrupted. "It's gonna be a stealth mission. It's the only way in!"

The three butted heads and growled as they ignored their sisters protests. Sweetie Belle took in one deep breath before shouting, "We didn't come with a plan!"

The three arguing stopped and stared at her face red with anger. Sweetie Belle furrowed her eyebrows as her soul-tearing gaze switched between the three. "We didn't come here with a plan to get back!" She said finally, stomping and blowing air out of her nose.

Rainbow Dash huffed a laugh and leaned over Rarity. "Guess you and her are still alike," she said as Rarity giggled back. Their side conversation was quickly halted as they understood what Sweetie Belle said. "You don't have a plan!?" Rainbow asked frantically, flying in front of Scootaloo and grabbing her shoulders. "Tell me this is a joke," she begged.

Scootaloo smiled nervously before falling into a frown. "No, we were too focused on getting you guys back, I guess we forgot," she admitted sadly.

A sorrowful silence fell over the group as their shoulders slouched and their eyes dropped to the floor. Their hope was seeping out of them and floating upwards to the ceiling. But a flash was heard as Discord held a huge bottle, a pink air filling it, representing their hope.

He shook the bottle and spun it over the ponies as they sulked. He rolled his eyes and the bottle turned to a salt shaker. He poured it onto the crowd of building depression he was all too familiar with. "Oh, please, as if I don't have some way to get us into Equestria undetected."

"Discord!" Fluttershy smiled up at him as if she believed he would show all along. How precious she is, he thought as he threw the salt shaker over his shoulder and lowered himself to the ground in the middle of everyone.

"Of course I can take us to Equestria!" He exclaimed again, taking offense to the idea that they lost hope without even thinking of asking him, again.

Twilight scowled as Sweetie Belle looked up at him. "But how? Twilight--" Pinkie Pie appeared next to her with a serious look on her face, "-- uh, Electricity, detects any new magic inside her shield."

He shrugged. "I got us in last time and she didn't know," he explained before snapping his claws, taking everypony but Cadence and Flurry Heart, who were expected to stay in case danger hit the Empire, away with him.

Or so he thought, but right before he snapped, Flurry Heart grabbed onto Luna with a mischievous grin.


Twilight's hope seeped out of her when she heard Discord's snap. And now her jaw hung open with wide eyes as she stared at where they were exactly.

"Where the hell are we!?" Rainbow Dash shouted, flying up to Discord's, rather bored and annoyed, face. As she fumed and shouted at him, the rest stepped in front of the two to witness the horror they were in the middle of.

The space had no walls or ceiling, it did have a floor though, sort of. The entire space was black with thin white lines running up and down the surroundings, lines crossed through those to make a grid. In the black grid were thicker white lines making up squares that floated and moved freely.

Applejack raised an eyebrow as she placed her hoof down on the inside of one of the squares, she leaned towards it with curiousity as her hoof touched something solid. She looked back to her friends with a nod before jumping onto the square, discovering it was a full-fledged platform, she even noticed that it was pure black, there were no lines on it.

"This," Discord started, gesturing towards the path of moving platforms in front of them, "Is our way to Zecora's little cult."

Applejack smiled as she tried looking further into the distance, there was somewhat of a straight path in front of them, all they had to do was make timed jumps and they were golden. "Good idea," Applejack said, grinning as she went to jump onto another platform. Before she could make it completely off the first platform, she appeared in the middle of the crowd. She furrowed her eyebrow's up at Discord. "What was that?" She asked as she stood up.

He smiled nervously. "This place isn't exactly the best idea," he said, laughing nervously at the confused stares he was getting. He sighed. "Only Draconequus' can access this place, and it limits magic abilities."

Scootaloo smiled. "So Twilight can't detect our magic since it's barely there when we enter?" She asked with a wide grin, when he nodded she flew up into the sky and cheered. "Woohoo! This'll be a piece of cake."

She went to fly towards the platforms when her wings felt weak, as if she didn't have any feathers to glide with. But before fear could strike her, she heard a snap and appeared with the crowd again. "Multiple things make this place much less of a piece of cake than first meets the eye," he said as his eye rolled out of his head and into his hand. He put in back in as he spoke, "First, only Twilight, Celestia, and Luna will be able to fly or teleport across since they're alicorns. The rest of you don't have as much magic as they do."

Scootaloo shot back up again with a smile. "Still easy!" She cheered but was stopped by Apple Bloom standing on her tail with a stern look. She laughed nervously before looking up at Discord for him to continue. "Second, there's that," he said as he pointed to the path in front of them.

As if on cue, horrors and monstrosities covered the path. Huge, grey crushing rocks with spikes circled multiple platforms. Giant, orange tentacles reached out from places they didn't know and blocked passage between platforms, untamable bats swiped at them overhead. Many other threats filled the path like fire or strange weather.

The platforms short and sweet patterns quickly changed as they were thrown around, some climbing onto the 'walls' and turning vertical just to roll onto the roof. Others jerked randomly while others' paths stretched as the surfaces moved with new speed.

The ponies, and dragon, stared with agape mouths, wondering how they could ever make it through that without Rainbow's speed or teleportation. Pinkie jumped with thought as she turned back to Discord, "You teleported AJ and Scootaloo, so can't you just teleport the rest of us to the other end?" All the others perked up at this thought and looked at him with wide grins.

He sighed again. "Even my magic is limited here. This place isn't made for a Draconequus, it's just accesable by one," he explained as he held his fingers in a snapping position. Small venus fly traps appeared on the floor next to other normal flowers. "Those were meant to be vicious."

Twilight laughed nervously. "Well! This is just way too dangerous," she said with a wide, fake smile. Happiness was surging through her, she wasn't necessarily lying, the place was dangerous. And it was a great way to get out of going back to Equestria. "I guess we should go back and think of another way."

The rest of the Elements of Harmony, Spike, and the Crusaders hung their head in understanding. The Princesses looked at the other desparately before hanging their heads as well. Discord looked over all of them, fear tearing through him that maybe Twilight was right, maybe it was too dangerous for them.

They heard a hoof stomp and their ears perked up, they all looked to Starlight Glimmer holding her head high and her chest puffed out. She walked over to Twilight's trying not to be happy face and rested a hoof on her shoulder. "Twilight, I understand how scary this is, cause trust me, I'm terrified to go through that," she started as she pointed towards the path that now had a bear on a platform.

She looked to Twilight's wide, purple eyes. "But I know something scarier," she said with a stomp of her hoof. She looked over the rest of them. "If we don't get Equestria back, if we let those... those monsters keep our home." Her heart blossomed as she saw the small smiles matched with eyes looking up at her. She furrowed her eyebrows in determination. "You've all risked your lives for Equestria."

She smiled as she picked up Apple Bloom's head. "Even you three," she cooed and hope flooded her stomach as she saw their stares of trust and belief. She turned back to Twilight's frantically worried face. "And I'm sorry to say this, but we'll have to do it again if we want Equestria back, and right now is one of those times," she said, looking to the others who were beaming with pride.

Spike grinned up at her and threw a fist into the air. "Yeah! Let's do this!" He cheered as he flew up into the air, staring at his wings with a raised eyebrow as he slowly floated down. His wings felt like they didn't have the webbing they very clearly did. He jumped and looked to Discord with a worried claw pointed at himself. "This magic limiting thing doesn't affect me too, right?" He asked nervously.

But before Discord could respond, a filly shoved her way past them with a dangerously ambitious smile. Celestia and Luna felt their lungs fill with air as their eyes widened in worry. "Flurry Heart!" They shouted, immediately giving chase to the filly. Flurry Heart grinned and stuck her tongue out at the two, jumping through the crushing blocks safely as the two halted, waiting for a safe way through and trying to peek past the rocks desparetaly.

"Hold on! We're comin'!" Applejack shouted as she jumped on a platform, though she couldn't run across it as it shot ahead, sending her far past Flurry Heart and onto the wall as the orange tentacles reached for her from underneath the platform's thin bottom. Fear and relief mixed in her as she caught herself on the top of the platform, picking her self up and seeing the huge, orange kraken with one eye staring back at her on the other side of the surface. More of it's tentacles reached for her as she climbed up onto the top of the platform in worry.

She shook as she tried balancing of the incredibly thin, and getting ever thinner, platform, she looked at Flurry Heart ducking under a bear, Luna's worried stare jumping towards her as Celestia tried fighting the bear with her magic. It failed as the bear swiped, she shook her head in confusion as she teleported on top of the bear, even more confusion filling her.

Applejack looked back to see the rest of their group chasing after her and Flurry Heart. Rainbow Dash helped Fluttershy duck under the violent bats, Pinkie Pie trying to tell Rarity when to jump through the crushing blocks and failing, Spike battled some orange fire with his green fire to let Twilight and Starlight past. Discord skated over some ice and picked up Rarity, putting her down on the other side of the platform as his ice thinned over the empty space between two platforms.

The thin ice broke and he fell, trying to snap his fingers but nothing came. Before he could fall into the kraken's grip, Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo all caught him and started pulling him up.

Applejack couldn't appreciate her sister's kind gesture as the platform thinned to almost nothing before she fell, a kraken's tentacle catching her. She gulped as his one eye got closer and closer. Dark blue hit his eye and Applejack was dropped, the tentacle holding her going up to rub his eye. Applejack screamed as the empty darkness below them seemed to get darker.

She shut her eyes in fear as she awaited a horrible demise, but it never came and she eventually peeked open her eyes. She saw a deep blue, dark mane and she hugged the neck of the mare who saved her. But when Luna put her down on a seemingly normal platform, things looked a lot worse for the rest of them as Twilight and Apple Bloom tried prying Celestia out of the bear's clutches. Flurry Heart flew past them and landed on a platform that burst into flames just as her small hoof bounced off of it..

Fear and worry smothered Applejack and she tried to think of what to do and a way to do it. She didn't get a chance to finish her thoughts, much less execute them, as the platform beneath them had sudden teeth marks in it. Luna and her backed into the center as small bites were quickly taken out of the surface. They were back to back when they saw thousands of small piranahs surrounding the platform.

Applejack swallowed as the platform disappeared, a large piranha beneath them with it's mouth wide open. Applejack sighed as Luna took her to another seemingly normal platform after shooting at the mother and all the baby piranha's. Twilight was right, she thought. This is a really bad idea.


Zecora looked over her tiny civilization she'd built in the face of adversary. It shined and glowed as ponies worked together and laughed despite the dangerous reality just past thick trees or a rock wall. She didn't understand it, but their cult seemed healthier than the rest of Equestria. She had tried researching it once, but forgot about it as other things piled up with a big, red priority sign on it.

The cult beamed in the late afternoon sun, Pound and Pumpkin Cake running around as their lessons were done for the day. They ran over to Mrs. Cake and she smiled down and laughed at them as they showered her with comments about their day.

Mayor Mare was given an inventory job to help her... shift in power issue. Zecora grinned as she watched the mare work with a wide smile, she was much happier with the job and she shockingly did it well. Zecora regretted the feeling of pride that welled up inside her at the idea she could handle a situation better than her pupil. She shook her head and something motherly blossomed inside her at the thought of Apple Bloom.

Fear and worry resided within her when the Crusaders left, but now she felt only hope as the sun beamed down on her, as if a message from their former princess. She grinned as she looked to Thunderlane underneath a murky green roofed post. She shook her head as she walked over, noticing his furrowed eyebrows and intense stare on the map of Equestria on the table, the map of Ponyville next to his hooves with its own markers.

"What is you are doing?" Zecora asked, the stallion jumping at the sound of her voice. He only laughed nervously at her giggle of amusment. "There is nothing that needs pursuing."

Thunderlane chuckled as he stared down at the map, rubbing the back of his neck. "Guess it just feels kinda weird to not be out doing something," she said, standing up as she stood next to him. He looked to her and tried to remember her with a short mane and gold jewelry. He couldn't. "It's usually Lyra and Sweetie Drops who stay back, decipher the rest of the stuff we find."

Zecora nodded, fighting her urge to discuss their next plan if the-- when the Cutie Mark Crusaders return with the Elements of Harmony. "With nothing to investigate here, I'm afraid you have no need to disappear," she smiled motherly as she walked away from the post, attempting to pull Thunderlane away from it and succeeding.

"Yeah," he smiled nostaligically, Zecora assumed he left without notice before their new order as well. Their conversation continued until they circled back to the front of the cult at the sight of a pink mare swinging a long and straight, purple mane. She smiled widely at Zecora and waved at her before running over, her wide eyes expectant.

It already broke Zecora's heart to see. "Is he back yet? I- I didn't see him while I was out, oh yeah, I got a lot of good stuff too--" Sugar Belle asked quickly, only stopping when Zecora held up a hoof. She cowered into herself with a pinker face, giggling nervously. "Sorry."

"I'm truly sorry to say your love is still not present," Zecora said sympathetically, her chest getting heavier at the sight of a mare she watched grow hang her head with a frown. "I know to hear this is unpleasant. But I am sure he is okay, he is just not here today," she continued, offering Sugar Belle a smile, her eyes glancing down to the silver ring on a necklace around the mare's neck.

But only so many reassurances with no evidence can convince a pony to be happy. Sugar Belle's head didn't pick up like usual. Zecora didn't fight it as the mare walked past her wordlessly, heading towards the infirmary. Sugar Belle shook her head as she picked it up, turning back to Thunderlane. "Oh wait--!"

She smiled sadly like the sun on a rainy day as the dark stallion was frozen, his eyes wide on the entrance. Zecora smiled back at her. "I am glad that if I have taught you anything, it is that happiness in others you can still enjoy and spring," Zecora said. Sugar Belle nodded, a small amount of warmth flooding her as she walked towards the infirmary, ready for a calm nap as she waited another day.

A thin stallion stood at the entrance with a beaming smile, a grey coat with a blue tint matched with a deep blue and spikey mane. Thunderlane shook and hung his head, chuckling sadly in disbelief. Rumble puffed his chest out and marched over to Thunderlane, a proud grin on his face as he spread his wings out behind him.

That proud grin fell into teary eyes and a desparate smile, his wings snapping to his back as his chest fell, his march turned into a run as he got closer and closer to his brother.

Rumble jumped his brother who was still looking away, trying to tell himself it was a cruel joke, his brother wasn't really standing in front of them. He was sure his brother ran away only to get caught, he thought he'd never see him again.

Zecora looked up at the sky with a warm smile as she heard Thunderlane's ugly crying and his brothers laughter. Warmth filled her as she looked at the setting sun, there was no breeze, there was no chill, there was only warmth. She felt none of the wind as her mane blew back and the trees swayed, ponies cheers filled her ears at Rumble's arrival.

She knew it was only a waiting game now, something bigger was at works to make this much line up, and she knew it was the Harmony that reigned over their world. She turned to the crowd with a determination to celebrate, she couldn't wait to see her pupils and their friends again.


Twilight's worry was nothing compared to the fear of losing her friends that pumped through her veins. "Discord!" She called angrily, hanging upside down from her tail that was stuck between two platforms. In a flash he appeared next to her with upturned eyebrows as he looked around to see if anypony was in immediate danger.

Once it seemed everyone had help or didn't need it, he turned to her with a nervous smile, sweat dripping down his face. "Yes, Twilight?" He asked sweetly.

She growled as she shot the platforms holding her tail, catching herself in flight before she fell into the emptiness below. "Can't you take us back? Especially Flurry Heart!?" She asked, following his gaze over their friends.

Applejack was once again saving Spike from spinning blades, Rarity covered Sweetie Belle as they followed. Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash helped Starlight, who was busy trying to get rid of threats with her magic. Twilight assumed her insane capability of magic allowed her to actually use it when Rarity and Sweetie Belle couldn't. She shot a tentacle that was going to grab Flurry Heart who just managed to slip out of Celestia's grip.

He tapped his fingertips together. "Well, you see... along with limiting the magical abilities of creatures..." he said as he cowered away from her stern stare. He sighed. "It also limits the range."

"Then get to Flurry Heart and send her back! Along with the rest of our friends," Twilight ordered, jumping ahead as Spike caught Pinkie Pie from slipping off of a speeding platform. Luna watched over the rest of them as well as Twilight and Discord, though her stare always slipped to her sister and Flurry Heart, who managed to slip past every threat and leave it for Celestia to deal with.

The platform Twilight was standing on was too still, but before she could move, it shot to the left of the path and then ahead. A wall appeared in front of her and it was approaching too fast for her to teleport out of the way. She winced as she waited for the immense amount of pain she would feel.

She didn't feel it, but she did feel a hoof grab hers. She looked up and saw orange eyes and a smile. Apple Bloom nodded before pulling her onto the platform. She heard a crash and saw the wall and the platform she was previously on crash break into small pieces and float off, only to turn into rocketing shards.

Apple Bloom shoved her head down as one shot at them. The young mare smiled, "Don't worry Twilight, we got this." Twilight felt trust and safety whenever she looked at Apple Bloom, but just as it always had, it disappears as quickly as it appears. She swallowed and looked away, flying off to another platform. Those orange eyes were too close to the red ones imprinted in her mind.

The hell of threats Discord shoved them into continued as the still platform at the end never seemed to get closer, Starlight joining the saviors team and helping keep the others safe along with herself. Applejack was getting annoyed as the kraken wouldn't leave her alone, and since it didn't, she pushed Spike, Rarity, and Sweetie Belle away, saying they were in danger if they stood near her.

Spike and Sweetie Belle seemed to protect Rarity, though Sweetie Belle did most of the work. Scootaloo helped Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash escort Starlight as she used the little magic she had to at least halt some of the dangers. Luna moved to helping Celestia get Flurry Heart while keeping an eye on the others. Pinkie Pie did something similar to Flurry Heart, simply bouncing past all of the threats.

She was so good at it, she ended up next to Flurry Heart and started a conversation the filly couldn't follow. "Pinkie Pie!" Celestia called as she and Luna started shooting at the kraken that now had them and Applejack in its grasp. "Get her!"

Pinkie stopped and tilted her head in confusion before she jumped up with understanding. Flurry Heart cowered and ran away faster as Pinkie chased after her. Discord jumped onto the platform underneath the Princesses and snapped, the tentacles turning to tulips and monarch butterflies, only making him pout at his failure of magic as Starlight shot the tentacle holding Applejack, letting the mare fall into Rainbow Dash's hooves.

Rainbow Dash set her down on a platform that didn't move as Scootaloo and Fluttershy jumped on it, Starlight right after them. Fluttershy smiled at Discord on the platform next to theirs, happy to see he was too worried about everypony else to even smile back at her.

Celestia created a magic walkway Sweetie Belle, Spike, and Rarity raced across onto a platform behind the one Rainbow Dash's group sat on. Luna watched Pinkie Pie and Flurry Heart jump on every platform on the thick path as Flurry Heart tried to evade her captor.

Apple Bloom jumped past Sweetie Belle and onto the platform with her sister, looking over her for any sign of damage. She was happy until she saw a bruise forming underneath turned fur on her side. Before she could say anything about it, a purple blur shot past them.

Twilight flew past the building crowd of ponies near the still platform at the end of the path, Pinkie Pie filling her vision. Rage filled her as the pink mare's curly mane fell flat, her bright coat dulled, her eyes turned a murky blue, and she stared at Twilight with a victor's grin.

Pinkie Pie rolled as she wrapped her hooves around Flurry Hearts waist. The filly yelped and fought but Pinkie still sat up with a wide smile as she held Flurry Heart above her like the last cupcake caught in desperation. Flurry Heart pouted, crossing her hooves at her defeat when she saw something sparkle in the corner of her eye. She grinned as she heard Celestia and Luna's cheers along with the rest of the ponies that invaded her home.

She wiggled past Pinkie's loose grip as the mare boasted and cheered along with her friends. When she heard every one else's horrified gasp, she saw a curved door shape appear behind Pinkie and her. The door was bright white with stray edges that moved like electricity. She smiled as she dashed through it.

Twilight saw reality again when the bright white door appeared, along with Flurry Heart's disappearance. She halted to a stop next to Pinkie Pie on the still platform. She stared at the white before looking back, ready to scold Discord and finding every pony else was looking at him in the same way.

But before anypony could send a barrage of questions and threats on him, the still surface Pinkie Pie and Twilight were on expanded to the three platforms the rest were on. Then everypony was allowed to yell at Discord. "Where is she!?" Celestia was the first to yell, her mane flaring up with it. Luna stood next to her with furrowed eyebrows.

Rainbow Dash flew up to Discord's height and bared her teeth. "If anything happened to her--" she bit as Apple Bloom grabbed her tail and pulled her down like her older sister always did.

"Leave him alone, like he'd let anything happen to a little girl like Flurry Heart," Apple Bloom said seriously, not even glancing up to see Discord's face in awe. Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle jumped next to her in Discord's defense as she spoke. "She's alright..." she said as she glanced up at Discord nervously. "Right?"

He smiled widely at ponies other than Fluttershy defending him. "Of course! That's the way out to your little cult," he said proudly before smiling softly at the Crusaders. Fluttershy was gushing, all anypony ever did was yell at him every since they left Equestria.

Pinkie Pie jumped up as Luna and Celestia collapsed on the other with a sigh of relief. "If that's the way out then let's go!" She said happily with her widest grin yet as she bounced through after Flurry Heart. Twilight stared at the white door as she backed away, her heart rising in her throat only to drop into her stomach. Her hooves shook and her eyes searched every piece of the buzzing white for a lie.

The Crusaders raced towards the exit with the new information, wide grins on their faces as they cheered, racing through. Twilight watched as more ponies filed through in the belief they could save Equestria, shaking her head as Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Rarity waltzed through after their sisters. She turned to see Fluttershy and Spike walking in after them, Celestia and Luna flying through in beaming hope that used to warm her heart.

And as Celestia looked back at her, she had to act like it did. Her smile was fake as she stood up, taking shaking hooves that weighed tons towards the door, the electricity buzzing in her ears.

Her fur was standing as she stepped through, the white noised door meant to be a gateway to a safe haven but now it just beckoned Twilight to despair. She walked through anyhow, her wings itching with new life, her magic surging through her. She knew Discord was telling the truth, but, oh, how she wished he wasn't.

Discord was glowing with victory, everything had gone perfectly! All of his friends, all of the saviors of Equestria were fixing to return with harmony, they could have Equestria back, and all of his friends would be happy again! Especially Fluttershy and the Crusaders. But just as he was going to walk through-- after stretching the top rim of the door upwards to match his height, of course-- a voice called, "Discord?"

"Starlight?" He turned back, immediately summoning more paws and claws to count how many of his allies had gone through. He jumped when he counted one short and smiled nervously at her. "You do trust that this is the way out, right?"

She nodded with a soft smile. "Of course, I trust you. Especially with something this important," she said as she walked slowly towards him. He was almost worried she was going to confess something to the likes of him, like a deadly disease or a very big flaw in their plan. "But can you send me back to the Empire?"

He raised an eyebrow at her. "Why?" He asked before thoughts flooded his mind. He grinned mischeviously before snapping his claws, appearing next to her with his head down at her height with a knowing look. She already looked annoyed. "Yes, I can, Starlight. But I'm afraid that boyfriend Sunburst of yours can wait until--" he teased before his lips were shut by her magic. He pouted and snapped, appearing away from her and wiping her magic off of his mouth.

She shook her head. "Ugh, that's not it! First, he's not my boyfriend, and second, I think somepony should go back to tell Cadence that Flurry Heart is safe. I'd rather her not worry for as long as it takes to send her back."

Discord laughed. "Oh! My apologies! Of course I'll send you back," he said as he snapped, her levitating into the air up to his height. "Though I'm still sure it's for that stallion." She laughed and shook her head.

"Save Equestria for me," she said, being another pony that trusted him with something important. And believed in him. He nodded and snapped again and she disappeared from his sight. He felt as good as he did when Twilight and Fluttershy accepted him again after his betrayal with Tirek as he walked through the white door, his magic filling him again.

Twilight shivered as she saw a world built in the trees, tree houses littered the sky above them with bridges, those houses and bridges coated with the same wild vines that covered the trees they were built on. Ponies filled the area and they all held wide eyes on them.

Twilight gulped as she looked up at the bright moon covering the area, though torches and fires kept the cult warm. A zebra with a long mane and vines approached them with a knowing smile, Thunderlane standing next to her with an awed look.

The Crusaders rushed past her frozen and shaking hooves as her wide eyes stayed on the world behind the mysterious zebra. "Zecora!" The three called as they hugged her, fear coursing through Twilight.

They were in Equestria, they were back in Equestria. And her friends cheered with everypony else around them, smiling and laughter surrounded her as she fell to the ground, their enemy at the front of her mind.

They didn't need to be back, they'd only get hurt again, no matter how good of a plan they could come up with, they'd get hurt. She didn't want to lose her friends, she already lost Equestria, she couldn't lose them too.

But as she looked up with tear filled eyes, she saw Apple Bloom standing in front of her with a soft smile and a hoof stretched out. "It'll be okay," Apple Bloom said.

Twilight nodded and took her hoof, stopping the tears from falling. Apple Bloom believed her smile and her eyes filled with hope, but Twilight was lying. Her heart was freezing over with fear and she didn't think anything could thaw it.