• Published 9th Feb 2019
  • 1,179 Views, 69 Comments

Memories From A Tormented Past - cccvvvttt



Zachary is in a coma, but where did his conscience go?

  • ...
3
 69
 1,179

Chapter 2

The next morning, Twilight felt the sunlight shine through her window and onto her back, as she slowly awoke. She let out a small yawn, as she got up from the bed. There was the familiar smell of cooking downstairs. Twilight could feel a slight rumble coming from her stomach. She turned towards the bed.

"Zachary, do you want-" She cut herself off when she noticed that he was still asleep. While looking at him, she noticed that he had bags under his eyes, which she hadn't noticed the previous night.

"That's odd... Maybe he's just tired?" Twilight thought out loud, though something was telling her that was wrong. "... I guess I can let him sleep for a few more minutes..." She said. With a tired sigh, she went downstairs to get some breakfast. "Don't worry, I'll save a plate for you, Zachary..." Twilight though, as she entered the kitchen. She didn't know what Zachary had dreamed of last night.


Meanwhile, there was a certain filly walking around town. Thoughts were roaming in her head as to the human child. That filly was Diamond Tiria. She looked back at everything she had ever done. To ponies, the CMC'S, to even Zachary, but her mind was mostly on him. How was he not afraid of her? How could he just stand up to her like that? More importantly, why was this bothering her so much? He was just another citizen, she shouldn't care, as she had other ponies to mess with. Though, whenever she thought about it, she would always feel something. Guilt.

"Why should I feel guilty for them?" Diamond asked herself. "Mother always said I should be better than them and not to be friends with a blank flank, but..." Diamond stopped herself, putting one of her forehooves up to her head in frustration. She didn't know what to do. Should she try to apologize and make up for her mistakes?

I'm so much better than those lame CMC'S or Zachary, but at the same time, maybe I shouldn't bully them? Diamond Tiara thought. All of this is starting to hurt my head. Why does Zachary not care when I bully him? Why does he stand up for the CMC'S? Diamond then realized something.

Because that's what friends do. She thought. They always look out for each other, no matter what. Is that why I can't manipulate Zachary into being afraid of me...? She let out a sigh, looking around the town. She saw that The Golden Oaks Library was close to her. I should go find out the reason now, I guess. With that mindset, she headed for the small Library.

In the library, Twilight had just finished eating the breakfast Spike gave to her. She was about to go upstairs to wake Zachary up when she heard a soft knocking at her front door.

"Spike, could you get that for me?" She asked, starting to trot upstairs. Spike did as Twilight asked him, and answered it.

"Hello, is there something I can help you wi-" He cut himself off once he saw who it was.

"Hi, is Zachary here...?" Diamond asked, feeling something that was unexpected in her chest. She felt uneasy.

"Yeah..." Spike replied. "Though, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want to see you, considering the things you've said to him." Diamond as a response, let out a sigh.

"I know, but I think I'm starting to regret that." She said. "Plus, I did tell you where he went after he ran off, so that has to mean something, right?" She was right about that, Spike knew that.

"I guess, but you were still pretty horrible to him." He replied. "I mean, he didn't let it get to him, but that still doesn't excuse it."

"I know, but-" Diamond was cut off by Twilight's frantic voice.

"Spike, come up here, I need your help!" Spike, being cut off guard by this, didn't even say anything to Diamond, he just ran up the stairs. As soon as he got up to her, he saw her nudging Zachary's body, which looked extremely pale. He wasn't waking up, in fact, he was barely breathing. Twilight's expression was one of horror and panic.

"What's going on?!" Spike asked, looking at Twilight with shock.

"Zachary won't wake up!" Twilight shouted. Spike could tell by her voice that she was panicking. "We need to get him to the hospital or something!"

"Would they know what to do, though?" Spike asked. "Zachary's a human. The hospital might not know what to do to help him. Maybe you could-" Spike was cut off when both he and Twilight saw something dark appear on Zachary's forehead.

"What is that?!" Twilight asked, looking at the darkness forming at Zachary's forehead. "Is that some sort of... Magic?" It appeared to be that way, but this particular magic hasn't been seen by anypony in Equestria.

"Do you want me to write a letter to Princess Celestia?" Spike asked. Twilight looked at him, still trying to calm down. In a shaky voice, she replied.

"Y-yes... Maybe she'll know what's happening to Zachary." Spike nodded, as he went to get a piece of paper, along with quill and ink.

I hope Zachary's alright... He thought to himself, as he got the materials. But what could be causing this to happen to him. Whilst Spike had done that, Diamond was just waiting at the front door for him to come back, though she eventually just decided to leave and to come back later, not hearing what happened upstairs before that.


Zachary groaned as he opened his eyes. His vision was blurry, but from what he could make out, the sky was grey. He didn't know where he was, or how he got here, but all he knew is that it was cold. Once his vision was no longer a blurred mess, he could see that he was surrounded by a thick fog.

"Where am I...?" He groaned as he got up. He shivered. Whilst there was barely any wind, it was still cold whenever it blew against his skin. He looked all around, and he saw that he was on a road, with huge cracks in it, as if It hasn't been used in years. He seemed to be on some sort of bridge, but both ends of it were blocked by barricades. The only way to get off the bridge seemed to be a staircase that was on the right side of it.

"Hm, what's this?" He asked, seeing an envelope in front of him. The name on it was blurred to a point of not being readable. There was no indication of where it came from, but there was something inside. A map.

"A map...? Does it tell me where I'm at?" Zachary wondered. There was a name in large words on the corner of the map, which was hard to read, but he could still make it out.

"Silent Hill...? Is that where am at?" He questioned. He recognized the fog from one of his earlier nightmares, but he wasn't in the same location. "Maybe there's a town somewhere nearby I can go to...? Then again, this is probably just another dream... Still, it wouldn't hurt to look around" The only way off the bridge Zachary saw on the side of it.

"Well, here I go..." He said as he descended down the staircase. He soon found himself on a path, going down it only seemed to make the fog worse than what it already was, making his surroundings even harder to make out.

I wonder if this is a dream or not. Zachary thought to himself. The last thing I remember was my father stabbing me, then I fell... But I don't feel pain, nor am I bleeding... That last dream felt so real... He cringed at the thoughts of getting stabbed with such a large blade. Hopefully if this is a dream, I'll wake up soon. Maybe- His thoughts were cut off when he heard something behind him. It sounded like heavy footsteps, and they were coming his way. He swiftly turned around.

"What was that?! Who's there?!" Zachary shouted though he didn't see anything, due to the fog obscuring his vision. He felt a cold shiver travel up his spine as he heard another noise, though he didn't know what direction this one came from.

"Ah!" He let out a little shriek as he heard the noise right beside him. This caused his mind to go into a panicked state, as he began to run further down the path.


"I don't know what's wrong with him, but he won't wake up!!!" Twilight shouted in a panic towards Celestia and Luna. As soon as they got the letter, they decided to come right away, while Spike offered to go get some food since they were running low. Celestia decided to bring Luna along so she could see inside his dreams.

"Not only that, but there's also some sort of dark light o his forehead" Twilight continued. "Maybe this has something to do with magic, but I don't know how to solve it. I looked at all of my books, no solutions whats-" Celestia put a hoof up to her mouth, she had a gentle, reassuring smile on her face.

"Twilight, I'm sure he's fine," Celestia started. "Whatever's happening could possibly be linked to his dreams. You did say he was having nightmare's, right?" Twilight nodded. "Well, Luna hasn't been able to see any of his dreams, nightmares can have a great effect on somepony's mind, including a child's one, if not dealt with properly." She stopped to take a breath, before continuing. "Maybe this is why he's in this coma. Luna will be able to see what he's dreaming if she's up close." Luna nodded.

"Worry not, Twilight Sparkle," Luna said. "If it is some sort of nightmare causing this, then I can fix it." Twilight gave Luna a grateful smile, as she nodded. Luna gave a reassuring smile back.

"Alright, for your safety, I would advise that you stand back," Luna said. The two other ponies did as they were told, as she put her horn on the child's forehead. Using her magic, she made some sort of bubble float above the child's head, allowing them to see what he's dreaming. The first thing they saw was Zachary running inside a town, covered in fog. Luna smiled, knowing that it worked.

"Alright then," She said. "Let's see if the nightmares are the cause of this."

Author's Note:

5UP3RN0V4 gave me the idea for Diamond Tiria becoming curious as to why Zachary never cared about her bullying.

Also, some of my other fanfics "might" have a connection with this story