• Published 24th Jan 2019
  • 317 Views, 2 Comments

Race Swapper in the Deerlands - Hexan Tronic



Second part of the Race Swapper storyline, finds our young colt in the deerlands, to learn their culture and ways.

  • ...
 2
 317

Chapter 7 - Last Day of Work

When I woke up, I realised I didn’t know what our plan was for today. So, I decided to ask.

<So, what’s the plan for today?> I ask, hoping we have one.

<After some thought, we have decided to spend the first half of today working, while the second half, we will spend heading to the deer’s forest.> Logic explains.

<Alright, that sounds good. So who will take charge today?> I ask, since I’m still a bit tired.

<That’ll be me!> Prissy says, sounding happy.

<Alright, your up sis.> I say, giving her control.


------------------------------

Once I take control, and brushed my mane, I head downstairs to get to work.

After a couple hours of working, I have helped a fair few of the mares who came in with their manes, getting some good tips in the process. In between I have also been waiting tables, getting some tips from there too.

I’m currently heading to the kitchen with another order, before I feel a sharp pain in the back of my head, letting out a short scream as I fall unconscious.

-------------------------------

Me and some of the other mares at the ‘Mare Table’ as us regulars call it, are admiring each others manes, impressed with that young filly’s talent with working with them, when we hear a short scream. Looking in the direction of the scream, we see what appears to be a drunk earth pony stallion, running off with the filly, who is knocked out.

“Shit. Quickly girls, we gotta go help her!” One of the mares, the sole unicorn at the table, says, before all five of us get up and rush out after them. When we get outside, one of the pegasi in our group spots the stallion turning a corner, so we rush after him.

After a bit of chasing, we lose sight of him.

“Damn it, we can’t let that filly down. You two, fly up and try to spot them.” The unicorn says, taking charge. After they both nod, the two pegasi flew up to search.

“You don’t think he’s going to do what I think he is, do you?” The other earth pony of our group asks us.

“I hope not, but it’s seeming pretty likely at this point.” I say, getting concerned.

“Damn, I hope we find them soon.” The unicorn says. Then one of the pegasi flew back down to us.

“We found them, a block over, Vapor is keeping him blocked in with a storm cloud.” She explains, then leads the way. After following for a little bit, we find the storm cloud, and the dark grey pegasus named Vapor sitting on it, glaring at the alleyway. Me, and the other two ground bound mares in our group walked into the alley, keeping on guard, while the pegasi float overhead.

In the alley, we can see the stallion, who is looking a bit unstable on his hooves, and the unconscious filly, on the ground a bit away from him. I quickly ran over to the filly, to check on her, while our unicorn and earth ponies guard me. I shook her, hoping to wake her.

“Hey, come on, wake up.” I shake her a bit more, before signaling Vapor over. “Could you rain the cloud on her?” I ask.

“Sure, I’ll try to make it cold, if that helps.” Vapor says, as she pushes the cloud over the filly, then punches it, making it rain on her, which quickly wakes her up.

“W..What? Where am I, what happened?” She asks, looking confused and a bit scared.

“It’s alright, you remember us, right? You helped us out earlier.” I explain, hoping she remembers. She takes a moment to look at us, before recognition shines across her face.

“Oh right, I worked on your manes earlier… But why am I in an alley?” She asks.

“You were knocked out, and foalnapped by that stallion.” I say, pointing at the drunk stallion with a hoof, who as been knocked out by the other pegasus.

“Oh, that explains the pain in my head.” She says, rubbing the back of her head. I pick her up and place her on my back.

“Come on, let’s get you back to the tavern.” I say, as I lead our group back to the tavern. She seems a bit cold on my back as we walk back.

Once we get back, I call out to the barkeep.

“Hey Frosty! We got something for you.” I say, as we sit back at our table, and I lay the filly on the table.

“This isn’t the time for games Juicy, I’m looking for my charge or employee, or whatever you want to call her.” He says, looking stressed and angry.

“Well, lucky for you, that’s who we have.” I say, letting him see her, to which he come over quick.

“There you are Prissy, thank Celestia you’re alright.” She looks a bit tired after all she’s been through.

“Well, she would be much less okay if we didn’t catch that drunk stallion that ran off with her.” I say.

“What!?” He asks, looking outraged.

“Lucky for her, we noticed him run off, and gave chase, cornering him in an alley, where he probably still lays.” I explain.

“Well, looks like he is banned now. And I’ll also need to add a new rule.” He says, heading over to the rules board behind the counter, where he added, ‘Hooves off the employes, or suffer a lifetime ban’.

“Well, now that’s over with, I think it’s time for bed, young one.” She sighs as I says that.

“Alright…” She says, and I take her up to bed.

“Now, you’re going to go straight to sleep, right?” I ask, hoping she will.

“Yes miss.” She says, sounding tired.

“Aright, goodnight.” I say, heading to the door.

“Goodnight!” She says, going to sleep.

----------------------------------

<Uh, my head’s killing me> I think to myself, laying in bed after almost being foalnapped and Celestia knows what else.

<Well, at least those mares were around to save you.> Knockout says, sounding appreciative.

<That stallion is lucky I can’t get my hooves on him!> Burst says, sounding pissed.

<Alright brother, settle down, we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow, so we need our sleep.> Distrac says, trying to calm him down.

<Alright, I guess I’ll drink some calming tea.> Burst says, going silent.

<I think I’ll hoof control over to Hexan, I’m too tired.> I say, my eyelids feeling heavy.

<We’ll swap in the morning, just get your sleep sis.> He says, as I fall into a deep sleep.