• Published 24th Jan 2019
  • 317 Views, 2 Comments

Race Swapper in the Deerlands - Hexan Tronic



Second part of the Race Swapper storyline, finds our young colt in the deerlands, to learn their culture and ways.

  • ...
 2
 317

Chapter 5 - The rise of the Copycat.

When I awoke the next morning, I brushed my mane, and wrapped my bandana around my neck, before contacting Distrac.

<Alright bro, you go to go?> I ask, while stretching a little.

<Sure, let’s shake things up a bit.> He says, before I give over control.

-------------------------

Once I was in control, I adjusted the watch on my forehoof, before heading downstairs, ready for work.

When I got downstairs, I changed the sign to open and got behind the counter, and waited for customers. Once some came in, I started the routine that we have been following, taking customers to their seats, getting their orders, and bringing them out when ready.

But while I’m doing this, I’m also just listening to each and every one of them. And every so often, like when I’d bring an order over, I’ll get their attention with a fairly good mimic of one of their voices. From what I can tell, most are a bit surprised, but some applaud my skill at it.

That is, until I get to someone who is a bit drunk about halfway through the day.

“Are you mocking me, kid?” The tipsy stallion ask, after I’ve places the order on the table. I decide to reply with my own voice.

“No. Sorry sir, I meant no offence.” I say, hoping to defuse the situation.

“It sounded like you were mocking me. You been doing it all day?” He asks, while I’m trying to remain calm.

“For the most part, yes, but I only use somepony’s voice while at their table, and nopony has had a problem with it so far.” I say, hoping it’s enough to calm him down, but it looks like he has an idea.

“So you can mimic a pony’s voice, but what else?” He asks, looking a little bit curious.

“Well, I can usually mimic their personality if I know enough about them, but that’s about it really.” I say, while noticing that I have another table waiting.

“What about skills?” He asks, looking more curious.

“Well, I haven’t really tried before, but maybe? Um, I have another table waiting, mind if we continue this some other time?” I say, hoping to get back to work.

“Sure thing, see ya kid.” He says, before getting to his food while I head to the waiting table.

After that, I just continued as I did before, waiting on tables, while using my talent for voices a bit more sparingly. And before I knew it, the day was over and I was back upstairs, ready for bed.

<So, you ready for your day, Knockout?> I ask, while laying in bed.

<Of course, I’ve been waiting all week for this.> He says, while I begin to get sleepy.

<Alright, you can have control in the morning.> I say, before falling asleep.

Author's Note:

This ones a bit on the short side, but two more chapters, and then we will finally start searching for some deer. But before I begin that part, I'll spend a bit of time on my side story.