• Published 3rd May 2019
  • 376 Views, 1 Comments

A new World, a new generation!?... - RandomFics271197



A few months after Daybreaker defeat Equestria as returned to it's previous state. But not for too long...

  • ...
 1
 376

Chapter 6: 'The Truth about the Shadow'

Author's Note:

Chapter 6 is out.
OBS: Umbrum Castle is where King Sombra and Celestia live.

The next morning in the Canterlot Castle...

The Sunlight was now hitting Shadow Night eyelids, opening them with an angry expression. He tried to get up but suddenly noticed that he was wrapped with Luna, she kept her hooves warped around him during the Night.

'OH GOD. She missed her duty yesterday. Celestia is going to kill us.' he said to himself.

"Luna wake up. WAKE UP," he said while shaking her body.

She blinked her eyes and with a sudden yawn, she unwarped her hooves from Shadow neck.

She looked around the room and then a click on her mind triggered her.

"OH GOD. I missed out the night duty, oh dear," she said while she kept her hooves on her head.

She ran around the room on panic, keeping saying that she had messed up her duties and now Celestia may get mad at her.

A dark-blue aura surrounded her and levitated her in the air. Noticing this she complained.

"Put me down. I need to explain myself," she said.

"No you don't," he said, "It was my fault, I let you sleep after all that you saw last night."

She raised her hoof and placed it near her mouth, trying to remember what happened last night.

'Well, I drank that potion and I meet my mom, Shadow Night was there... Wait he was there'

Looking back at him she said.

"Mister put me down. I need you to explain to me what happened that day and I want you to explain why you did that."

Settling her down, Shadow stepped towards his desk and sat on the chair. Turning himself around he finally spoked.

"It was necessary, Luna," he said. "You didn't know what I saw there."

She stepped towards him and said.

"Let me see what you saw. I need to know," she said.

He raised his hoofs and shook them side to side.

"No, Luna. It's bad, believe me."

Luna grabbed the potion and deliver it to him.

"Drink. I want to know. If you did that was because you had a point." she said

Pushing the potion away he said.

"I don't need this. I will use my magic," he said. "But before that, I've to be sure that you want to know all the truth."

She nodded.

"Just don't blame me if you don't like what you gonna see there," he said as he ignited his horn and teleported them to another place in another timeline.


They got teleported into a Forest that appeared to be EverFree.

Shadow Night used his magic and created his magical wings, grabbing Luna by her hoof he flew up until he was at the top of the tress.

Looking around Luna noticed that something wasn't right, Canterlot borders were expanded until the entrance of the EverFree Forest. Intrigued by this she asked.

"Why are Carterlot borders here? And where is Ponyville?"

Shadow looked at her and sighed.

"That's what I was telling you... She expanded Canterlot borders killing everything in her way."

She looked at him with a confused expression.

"What you mean by killing everything?" she asked.

He raised his hoof and pointed towards a little hideout in the middle of the Forest.

"You and your sister raised an army that should be able to face the Queen's wrath," he said. "What I mean that she kills everything that stood by her way is? She kills the rebels that are fighting for a Bright Future, but since she has all the power nopony got a chance to defeat her."

Luna ignited her horn to search for a specific pony but without success.

"Where's our Lysithea? I can't find her," she asked.

He looked at her with a sad expression.

"She doesn't exist in this timeline," he answered.

"But if you are alive why did we don't had her?" she asked.

He sighed heavily.

"I was discovered. The night I was supposed to kill the Queen. I was spotted and got arrested until they decided what they're going to do to me. Unable to kill her, the king ordered his guards to kill every shadow pony, even the little ones. I got back in time before I was executed what I left here was a decoy. But here, in this future, I'm "dead". Disabling you from meeting me and had Lysithea. That's why you can't find both of us here."

She looked at him with a terrified expression.

"Why she decided to do this? Weren't my father able to stop her?" she asked.

"She killed him when she discovered that he wanted to imprison her for her crimes," he answered.

She looked back at the Canterlot Castle and back to him.

"Why is so dark here?" she asked.

"The sun never raised again. They're waiting for a hope that will bring back the sunlight," he answered.

"That hope was me. I got back in time until a day where she was weak enough to eliminate her without notice and that day was the day that you born."

"You did this for all of this ponies," she said. "Ponies that you never met. Why?" she asked.

He grinned and grabbed her chin, blushing deeper Luna accept the display of affection.

"When you could travel between time. You would know how I feel."

She closed her eyes and let his hoof caress her cheek.

"I traveled towards a timeline, where I saw myself and a pony mare sitting in a tree. That touched my heart and I realized that I needed to change my timeline. So I traveled back and executed my mission. Now you know why I did it. I'm sorry for keeping this from you."

She looked at him and asked.

"And that mare was me?"

He nodded.

"That explains why you never wanted to attack me in the past when you still serving the Shadow Ponies."

He nodded.

"As I said I felt loved by that image and wanted to experience it."

Luna stepped towards him and started to nuzzle his neck.

"I'm sorry for reacting like that last night. I was upset, I didn't know."

"I understand, my d---"

He lost his tracks of words when soft lips touched his, feeling her lips he closed her eyes and let her embrace took over him.

After a few seconds, their lips disconnected. Igniting his horn, he traveled back to their current timeline.


Back at their chamber...

Shadow Night and Luna stepped towards the main hall side by side.

Stopping at half of their destination, Luna spoked up.

"Thanks for showing me the truth."

"You don't need to thank me, I just needed to show it to you," he said.

They arrived at the main hall, waiting for them was Celestia and Cadence that came running towards them and started to complain about why she didn't take care of the Night in the previous night.


At Umbrum castle's dungeons...

The human started to wakeup, getting up back on his legs and scratching his head he said.

'Where am I?'

"Finally, you wake up."

He then heard a voice coming from behind of him, turning back to see it he raised his hand to cover the brightness that was being emitted by its armor.