• Published 20th Jan 2019
  • 1,005 Views, 6 Comments

The Troublemaker Prince - lightningflare1



Nova Sentry, a young stallion annoyed of his royal life. Decides to spice it up a little, but when befriends the wrong pony. His life will spiral out of control, leading the beloved son of Twilight and Luna to betray his nation.

  • ...
 6
 1,005

Chapter 3

The Troublemaker Prince

A few days passed since Nova little stunt. He got a good earful from his mothers, Midnight and his aunt but he promised never to do it again. Nova didn’t mind, he knew he deserved it. But he was happy his mothers kept their promise. He was able to spend a few mornings with them before they went to work. Nova jump down from his chair after finishing his breakfast. "Have a good day Nova," Twilight said as she cleared the table.

"Bye, mommy!" Nova shouted as he ran out of the dining room.

"Prince Nova, ready for your lesson?" Midnight asked. Nova was happy to see Midnight again. His wing wasn’t in a cast anymore, but he couldn’t do any crazy flying for a few days.

"Yeah, I guess. Regal said something about a field trip today." Nova said sighing in annoyance. A normal foal would have been excited about a field trip, but when your tutor brings you to the library! Every single time! Well, there’s nothing to get excited about.

"A field trip? Oh, I used to love field trips as a colt." Midnight said as the two walked the castle grounds.

"Not when it’s at the stupid boring library! Every field trip was at some boring part of the castle." Nova whines expecting another trip to some stinky old library.

"I’m sure Regal has something special planned, Prince Nova." Midnight said smiling at the colt.

"Oh! Midnight, I don’t think you need to guard me during the field trip." Nova said

"Are you sure, Prince Nova?" Midnight asked. The last thing he wanted was for Nova to get hurt, for him to get fired, and for the princesses to mount his head.

"I’m sure. I’m going to be with Regal the entire time, Midnight. And he’s a…. quote, a powerful unicorn. So, don’t worry about it." Nova said.

"As you wish, Prince Nova." Midnight said. The two ponies eventually arrived at Regal’s office. Nova let out another whine before entering.

An old unicorn stallion flip through the pages of his book, My exploration of Equestria by Starswirl the Bearded. Regal was fortunate enough to meet Starswirl, something he never thought would happen.

"Hey Regal," Nova said as he climbed onto his chair.

"Good morning, Nova," Regal said placing his book down, "Are you ready for your field trip?"

"Yeah.... ready for another boring day at the library...." Nova said sighing.

"What’s wrong with the library? You know, Princess Twilight used to live in a library before she acquired her castle." Regal said placing his hoof on top of the book cover, "She read every single book in there. Cover to cover."

"Yeah, that’s mommy, not me! I think books are boring," Nova explained.

"Alright then, Prince Nova. What would you like to do this field trip?" Regal asked.

"Well, what else is interesting about Canterlot? It’s old, I get it but there must be some hidden passages ways! Just like the castle of the two sisters!" Nova excitedly explained.

"Well, we can’t just leave for the castle of the two sisters. It requires a lot of organizations and approval, but we can do a field trip for that another time. But I can take give you a tour of the castle and explained the history behind it." Regal said smiling at his wonderful idea.

"Uh... Wait that’s not exactly what I meant, Regal." Nova said already regretting bringing up the topic.

The next thing Nova knew, he was dragged around the castle with Regal rambling about who knows what. Nova had spaced out a while ago and was simply watching birds fly by as Regal blabbed about the Canterlot gardens.

"This is boring," Nova mumble. He looked around and simply left. Regal may be a powerful and famous unicorn stallion, but vigilant he wasn’t. Nova simply left the gardens and headed to the city.

"And these beautiful gardens were created by…." Regal said as he turned his head back and noticed his pupil was missing. "Uh……. Prince Nova?" Regal shouted before he checked underneath a bush.


Nova smiled as he explored Canterlot city. He always enjoyed visiting Canterlot, it wasn’t as small and cozy like Ponyville, but he still enjoyed it. There were so many things to do, so many things to eat, and it was busy every single day.

"Wow! Cotton Candy…. I should have brought some bits with me." He said to himself while he stared at the stand.

"Do you want some?" A unicorn colt walking out from behind the cart asked.

Nova raised a brow and was surprised how much this colt resemble a cotton candy, with his pink mane and white coat. Now that’s just creepy, Nova thought.

"Its only one bits," the young colt said

"I don’t have any bits with me," Nova replied rubbing the back of his mane with his hoof.

"Hey…. are you Nova?" the colt said narrowing his eyes slightly, staring intensely at Nova.

"Uh…. yeah, Nova Sentry," Nova replied

"Prince Nova Sentry? Princess Luna’s son……" the colt replied with a weird glare, "Aren’t you….?"

"Yeah…. anyways, I don’t have any bits for the cotton candy," Nova replied

"Here, on the house," the colt replied before he quickly prepared a cone, "Oh! And my name is Sweet Ace."

Nova smiled as he took the cotton candy in his magic, "Thank you,"

"So, are you free later? My father is supposed to come any minute," Sweet said while he leaned against the cart.

"Wait…. What?" Nova said in a surprised tone.

"Are you busy? I was thinking we could have some fun," Sweet said

Nova smiled big and nodded his head, was this it? Was he about to make a friend? "I’m free! I’m free! We can totally hang out later." Nova quickly replied.


The day finally came to an end as the sun started to set. Nova and Sweet had started their day at a park and ended it in the castle. For the first time in such a long time, Nova was having the time of his life. He was having so much fun with his…. Dear he say…. his friend?

"This is really fun, Sweet!" Nova said smiling at him, "I can’t wait to see you tomorrow! Any ideas what we could do?"

"Are the princesses here?" he asked

Nova raised a brow, "Uh…. why?" he questioned Sweet.

"I just want to know, when can we meet the princesses?" Sweet asked.

"Why are you asking? I thought we could do something else." Nova questioned

"I can meet the princesses, right? It’s the only reason I’m hanging out with you." Sweet said look at the castle. He smiled, "I just want to meet Canterlot royalty."

"I thought…. You wanted to become my friend…. to get to know me." Nova said lowering his ears slightly.

Sweet chuckled and shook his head, "Why would I become your friend if I didn’t get anything out of this?! You’re just some purple freak! Nightmare Moon’s spawn! I don’t even want to meet Princess Luna just the other princesses." Sweet said laughing some more.

"I am not Nightmare Moon’s spawn!" Nova angrily shouted with his magic flickering around his horn. "How could you! You never wanted to be my friend!"

"Of course, not! You’re the spawn of evil! Not to mention a freak of nature!" Sweet said back

Freak of nature? Nova stared at Sweet with a confused look. No pony has ever called him such names, and he didn’t know what it meant. "Freak of nature? What are you talking about?"

"You were born from two mares, stupid! That’s not natural you freak!" Sweet said pushing Nova back as he spoke, "Why would anypony be your friend! Who in their right mind would be friends with the spawn of evil!"

Nova scowled and just felt his anger grow even more. "SHUT UP!" Nova shouted when a sudden blast of magic struck Sweet, sending the colt sliding across the room.

Sweet shouted as he struck the wall. He hit the ground and groan in pain before he managed to sit up, "YOU MONSTER! YOU’RE NOTHING BUT A FREAK OF NATURE! THE VIAL SPAWN OF NIGHTMARE MOON!" Sweet shouted.

Nova turned his head away as tears started to overflow. He shook his head before running off in tears. The young colt soon found himself in a hidden part of Canterlot’s gardens. He sat down underneath a tree and cried some more.

"I can’t even make friends…. I’m always alone!" Nova mutter to himself

"Young prince," Nova’s ear twitched slightly. He looked back and saw Spearhead land next to him. The Pegasus stallion removed his helmet and placed it down, "Good afternoon, young prince."

"Hey Spearhead," Nova replied turning away from him. He sniffs and quickly whip away some of his tears, he didn’t want Spearhead to see him crying.

"What’s the matter, young prince?" he asked leaning against the same tree, "Did something happen?"

"Its nothing…. I’m okay…." Nova replied sniffing some more

"Come on, young prince. I can tell somethings wrong, tell me." Spearhead said looking down at him, "Now, what’s the matter?"

"I met this colt today…. I thought he was my friend. My first friend in Canterlot…. But all he wanted…. his intentions weren’t good." Nova explained as he tried to hold back his tears. "I just wanted to make a friend…. that’s it…."

This is it…. the moment I’ve been waiting for, Spearhead smiling slightly. He moved away from the tree and stood beside Nova. He went down to Nova’s level, "Don’t worry, young prince." Spearhead softly whispered into his ear as he smiled devilishly behind him.

He just needs another push and he’s my hooves, he thought. "I’ll always be here for you, always. You can trust me, young prince. We’re friends after all? Now, what’s on your mind?"

Nova stared into Spearhead’s eyes. He whipped away some tears before taking a deep breath, "I’m so tired of this…. Being a prince. I can’t even meet ponies, who wants to know me for me….. My friends in Ponyville, don’t send any more letters as they used too… I’m so lonely sometimes."

"That’s why I’m here, young prince. I’ll always be here for you," Spearhead said as he extended a hoof at him, "Only if you allow me?"

Nova lifted his hoof slightly before slowly accepting his offer, "You’re my friend right, Spearhead?" Nova asked with a slight smile.

"Of course, I am, Young Prince. I’ll be your best friend…. I only want what’s best for you." Spearhead said smiling as well. "You can trust me, Nova."


Twilight sighed as she held Luna back with her magic. Both princesses have just learned what had happened between Sweet and Nova. Sweet Ace’s parents had decided to fill out a complaint against the royal family. Celestia quickly dismissed their complaint after an investigation, revealing Sweet Ace had initiated the conflict. Luna and Twilight weren’t sure how the interaction went, but they got the major factors of it.

"I WILL KILL THAT COLT!" Luna shouted as she tried to run off but was unfortunately held back by her wife’s magic.

"Now, now, Luna." Twilight said pulling her back slightly, "You’re overreacting again."

"Overreacting?! That…. That…. THING! Called Nova the spawn of Nightmare Moon!" Luna said as she angrily paced around.

"Celestia dismissed the complaint and the Ace Family have been…... warned about their opinions," Twilight said pulling Luna in an embrace. "Now, let's go and talk to Nova about this."

"I shall ensure that colt has nightmares tonight!" Luna said before angrily leaving the room.

"Dear Celestia…." Twilight mumble shaking her head, "Luna’s wrath…. It should be classified as a weapon."

Luna and Twilight entered Nova’s room. They saw his nose deep inside of a book. Yup, Nova was differently upset about this. The young prince hardly read books, he only did when he was forced too or upset. Twilight wasn’t too fond about Nova’s reasons to read but she loved him regardless.

"Nova," Luna said as she placed a wing around him, "We know what happened with Sweet Ace."

Nova didn’t say anything and tried to focus on his book.

"What happened wasn’t your fault, Nova." Twilight said nuzzling his cheek, "Alright? What…. Sweet Ace said was cruel. He had no right to call you such names."

"He called me the spawn of nightmare moon…," Nova whispered sniffing slightly. He didn’t want to cry again, not in front of his mothers.

"Nova, you know about my past," Luna said sighing softly. Once again, her past was brought up and causing trouble yet again. "I’m not proud about it, but it's in the past. Most ponies don’t see me…. As Nightmare Moon anymore. But there are a few out there who still do. Nova, Nightmare Moon isn’t who I am, not anymore. She would only take me away from everypony I love."

"Sweet…. called me a freak too." Nova said closing his book with a flick of his magic, "He said…. I was born of two mares, unnatural…. a freak of nature."

"You are not a freak, Nova." Twilight said hugging the young colt, "Do you hear me? You’re a normal colt just like the next one. Yes, you were born in an unusual way but that doesn’t make you a freak."

"But I don’t have a father! That makes me a freak!" Nova said as tears started to overflow.

"Do you have four hooves, Nova?" Luna asked as she gently placed her hoof on top of her son’s head.

"Uh…. Yeah?" Nova said with a confused look.

"Two ears? A mane and tail? A horn? Do you eat oats and hay? Are you a pony?" Luna questioned with Nova nodding his head at each question. "Then you’re a normal pony, Nova. The only difference would be that streak on top of your head."

"A beautiful night sky with stunning stars," Twilight said smiling at her wife and son, "Just like your mother. It makes you unique."

Nova smile at his mothers and nodded his head, "Thank you." He said

"Now what are you reading?" Twilight asked

"Oh, just some boring book that Regal gave me. He was reading it when I entered his office. Uh…. It's about… some breaded old pony, who travels around Equestria." Nova said as he lazily waved his hoof.

Twilight jaw dropped in horror. How could her own SON! Say such things about Starswirl the Bearded! Her idol for years!

"That’s wonderful, dear." Luna quickly replied, closing Twilight’s mouth with a swift movement of her hoof, "Right love?"

Twilight glared at her wife before slowly nodding in agreement.

Author's Note:

Feel free to leave a comment

Comments ( 2 )

Aww why did you cancel it I was enjoying this story trilogy

just recently found this trilogy and im kinda sad that the final story was canceled cause it got more interesting halfway through the 2nd story

Login or register to comment