• Published 7th Aug 2012
  • 1,802 Views, 12 Comments

Ponies in my world - SPkon107



Twilight's spell misfired. Soldier's life will change forever. (Being rewritten)

  • ...
25
 12
 1,802

Chapter Three: No more tension

Chapter Three: No more tension
(Previously know as The talk in the forest)

I had to get Rainbow Dash back to the house. The last thing I need was another injury as if I didn’t have enough of those. I entered the forest and, I looked around. For a small patch of trees there seem to be more going than what I anticipated.

“Se esta hace algo estúpido…” I stopped when I found her sitting on a large rock near a river. She looked up where the trees had a gap allowing the skies to be seen. Just what the fuck is wrong with her?

“Ok Rainbow what’s up?” She answered hell of mad.

“I SAID NOTHING. WHY THE BUCK DO YOU NEED TO KNOW! It’s not like we are friends so don’t act like one!” On one fact she did have a point. We were not friends. But something was bothering her and, I was not going to let her feel butthurt or sad.

“Your right. We’re not friends but, I would like to be. And I think we should start right now.” I climbed on to the rock and sat next to her. “Escucha lo que te voy a decir.”

“What?” I forgot they don’t speak spanish.

“Listen to what I’m going to say. Something is bothering you and, I want to help you but, only if you let me.” She looked at me with her big rose eyes.

“Fine...I miss my world. Here I feel like I’m… a prisoner of the world. I don’t want to be mean or anything but, your world is so different and, I saw what that mountain lion did to you. If an animal did that to you imagine what would have happen to Twilight if you haven’t saved her. Your world is a dangerous place the Everfree Forest isn’t this bad. And... the clouds sort of… scare me a little.” I chuckled a little. She gave me another nasty angry glare and I stopped.

“Why?”

“For one...the clouds back home don’t move on their own. The Pegasus ponies are in charge of weather control. Unlike in Equestria I can manipulate the shape of the clouds here...” Her ears flopped down then, she dropped her head low “...but not for that long… they just keep moving.”

“So you are used to the controlling the weather back home huh?”

“Yup.”

“I can say I can relate to how you feel.” Her ears perked up and she looked at me.

“Really? How?”

“Well, I was in the military. The Marines to be exact. Sleeping in a bed not your own or, an environment you’re not use to makes you feel
like a stranger. Not exactly like you since, you are from another world but…” I stopped. I felt like I lost her. “Tell me… did you have
trouble sleeping?”

“Yeah… the room was warm and, the bed was comfy but... I couldn’t sleep. I’m used to sleeping on my clouds that’s kind of the reason
why I slept on a tree last night.”

“Wait. A tree? Really?”

“I take naps in the afternoon. I usually sleep on clouds or on one of Applejack’s apple trees.”

“Why on her trees?”

“I like the smell of the apples. Then again she always kicks me out when she’s working or has a big order.”

“Well… when I first returned home let’s just say I didn’t sleep on the bed either?”

“What? Where did you sleep?”

“Outside. Back in my home town we have a gravel patch in my backyard. So I just pulled the old sleeping bag. Coming home from a
warzone feel weird. I always slept on the floor or on ruble. I was home but… I felt like a stranger. Just like you do now.” Rainbow Dash
let out a soft laugh. She still had the troubling look. “Since you mention the mountain lion like fifty years ago. I’ve been meaning to ask
you… why did you yelled at Twilight like that? All the other ponies said you are never treat her like shit. Even Fluttershy said that she
was surprise that you didn’t yelled at her.” She instantly yelled back at me.

“Hey I said I was sorry!” My temper wasn’t always the best but, to avoid any yelling I said calmly.

“I know but, I just want to know why?”

“Oh well… sorry. Well on that day the Wonderbolts were having tryouts to join the team. I was so happy to hear the news! My dream
was and still is to be part of the greatest flying team in Equestria!” Her excitement reminded me that of a child. “I was on my way until
Twilight asked me to go with her to Canterlot. I tried telling her that I had something to do. She asked but, as soon as I mentioned the
Wonderbolts she said. ‘You and your tickets can wait for another time.’”

“Obviously she didn’t know about the tryouts?”

“She’s a Unicorn meaning no wings so… yeah.”

“If you wanted to go so badly then, why didn’t you try to convince her?”

“Element of Royalty remember?” I did a little history recheck. They did told me that they were the Elements of Harmony. How they met.
Defeating Nightmare Moon.”

“Right. I see that these Wonderbolts are like the Blue Angels of the US Navy. So that’s why you were like that with her yesterday?”

“Yeah. And I’m also sorry because of me you were injured…”

“Stop. I’m from the US Marines. I’m pretty tough.”

“Okay…” She looked at the tiny river. “... now that I told you what was wrong with me. It’s my turn to ask. What was your dream about?” I
took a deep breath. I should just kept my business where it should have.

“RD I don’t want to talk about it.” I slowly got on my feet.

“Hey I told you about my problem now it’s your turn. Now sit!” She did have a point I was able to make her talk now I guess it’s was my
turn. I sat back down on the rock. I kept my attention on the small creek.

“It was a war dream from a mission… I was in when I was in Iraq.”

“What happened?”

“My team and I were on a mission to save civilians from a hospital. We failed because of an ambush from the surrounding buildings. We
lost the civilians and, I lost my team… I…” Painful memories flashed keeping me from speaking. “… I was the only one who made it out
alive.”

Rainbow Dash and I kept quiet for what seemed to be hours. “That’s… that’s terrible.”

“My parents… never liked the idea of me joining the Marines but, I didn’t join alone. My best friends Beth and Tony joined with me.”

“Wait your government lets females in the military?”

“Of course.”

“Wow that’s cool wish I was a human now.”

“No just… stay as a pony ok. You are better off as what you are. War is not pretty.”

“Ok speaking of which who is Beth? You mentioned her like 50 times.”

“It’s getting dark I’ll tell you on the way back home at least AJ can now sleep in the shack. Or her new home.”

“Okay.” We made our way back home and I telling her who she was.

“She’s been my best friend since kinder and, I trust her very much. We joined the Marines together. Over time I think I have gotten past
that phase. But this is one thing I’m not so trusting with. ”

“What?”

“You guys being here.”

“Why.”

“I already told you Rainbow. About the government and things like that.”

“Oh… right.” I had to do something to get these ponies off my back for a bit. Too much questions and I wasn’t in the mood for answering.
It’s bad enough that Twilight wants to know everything about my world and my people. I only know so much. Thank god for those books.

“Hey.”

“Yeah?”

“You want to see something awesome.”

“Uh… sure.”

It wasn’t long until we reached the garage. I opened the door revealing the old muscle car.

“What is that?”

“This Rainbow Dash is the first generation of the Mustang. A 1969 Ford Mustang with a 429 cu in (7.0 L) Boss V8 4-barrel. This was one
and still is a BAMF.”

“ A BAMF?”

“Bad-Ass-Mother-Fucker.” She flinched back to my foul language. “In it’s time this baby could pull 375 Horsepower and 450 Torque.
Now that I’m here I’m thinking about replacing the engine with a newer V8. I guarantee I can pull even more power.”

“Um… Tommy?”

“Yeah?”

“I still don’t know what is this.” Now she made me feel like an idiot. I’m here explaining what I have planned for the car and, she has no
idea what it is.

“This is a car. We humans use this to travel to far distances by land. A hell of a lot more quicker than walking. Gas and emissions are
the only thing that’s a pain in the ass.”

“Gas?”

“Fuel.”

“Like a steam engine?”

“Yes but, they are not as common as before.”

“So an internal engine?”

“Yes.” Before the pegasus was able to ask another question she looked past me. I turned around and, saw Princess Luna looking
around. Obviously she was bored because she was looking through random boxes like a small child.

“Need something your highness?” She jumped a little. Her ears perked up and her wings expanded. I never noticed her wings they, were
really...beautiful.

“Sorry. I was not aware that you and, Miss Rainbow Dash were in here.”

“No reason to be sorry but… what were you doing?”

“I know being a Princess means containing emotions or things like this but…” It seemed that my guest was embarrassed. She rubbed
her foreleg with the other “... but, I’m… a little bored.”

“And you are embarrassed why?”

“Because you are the host and it is not my place to complain especially in an alien world.”

“True me. You have the reason. I don’t really blame you. I would be bored ass hell if I was in an unknown area.” She gave me a small
smile and looked at the Mustang. She walked over to it.

“What is this.” She tapped the door with her hoof. What the hell was she thinking she’s going to ruin the paint!

“Whoa-whoa. Don’t do that?” She stepped away and gave me a dirty look. “You can’t just do this to a classic.” She asked.

“This thing?!”

“It’s a 1969 Ford Mustang. You’ll ruin the paint.” Her next response showed me that she was a bit annoyed with my statement.

“You youngster and your precious objects.”

“Hey I’m only twenty four.”

“Twenty four?”

“Uh… yeah.”

“Torn by war at a young age.” I looked at her for a brief moment. She was speaking as if she was older than I was. She looks young and
sounds young.

“How old are you exactly? Ahh!” Okay maybe not the best question to ask because she jabbed me on my arm. God damn hooves
they’re like fucking rocks.

“It is rude to ask the age of a lady.” I rubbed my arm. I hope it doesn’t bruse.

“I just wanted to know.” she let out a loud sigh.

“I’m… over a thousand years.” I flinched my head back. What the fuck?! This bitch is over 1000 years old! What the Fuck?! Holy shit!

“I call bullshit. There is no way in hell you are that old.”

“It is true. Didn’t Twilight Sparkle mentioned my banishment?”

“Not really only that you were possessed is all. For a fossil you don’t look that bad.” her cheeks immediately flushed red.

“Well thank you Tommy.” I turned back to see the blue pegasus’s rump sticking out of the hood.

“What are you doing?” She looked back at me. Her forelegs and face was covered in grease.

“Nothing just looking around.”

“You sure?”

“Yeah. My hooves are too big to do anything on this thing.” I walked over to the front. “So if it is not like a train engine how does it work?”
Luna trotted beside me.

“Well it’s like a steam engine. Basically the engine of a car is just a large air pump. The pistons pull in air and fuel into the combustion
chamber and the spark plugs let out a small spark that ignites the air/fuel mixture. Since this is an old car it uses a carburetor. The newer
cars use fuel injectors.”

I grabbed a ratchet along with a spark plug socket and, removed one of the spark plugs. It wasn’t in bad condition. Wish I could say the
same for the carburetor. Who ever drove this thing last left gasoline in it. I really hate it when people do that. Why well the alcohol
literally eats the aluminum plating on the carburetor. That’s why with my old Trans Am I removed the gasoline.

“Without these the car will not start since there is now an opening. No spark no ignition no vroom vroom. Unless if it was a diesel engine
then, the rules change.” Luna looked at the ceramic body of the spark plug.

“I never knew your people were so far ahead of us in technology.”

“I would assume so. You guys have magic we don’t.” I placed the spark plug back where it belong. The two ponied stared in amazement
as I just turned the socket. Didn’t really understand what the big deal was. I was about to look at my watch but, I stopped when I heard
the stomachs of the Luna and Rainbow Dash.“Guess it’s time to eat huh?” the two nodded. I wiped my hands off with a shop towel to
remove the grease. Rainbow Dash on the other hand flew inside for a shower. Luna and I walked inside the house. On the carpet
Twilight was reading a book. “What you reading there Twilight?” she first look into empty space and then turned to me.

“Oh I… didn’t see you. I’m just reading some things.”

“A book on history?”

“Yes. I thought the Griffins were bad but… this is worse than they are. So many wars and, chaos. Discord would have love to live here.”

“Who?” Luna placed her hoof on my shoulder.

“Maybe another time. Twilight are you hungry?”

“Yes actually. Any ideas for dinner Tommy?” I rubbed my chin.

“Not so sure. I still have some leftover salad from this morning.”

“I guess that will do.” My phone rang. All the ponies in the room looked at me. Luna asked me as I pulled my phone out of my pocket.

“Where is that noise coming from?”

“It’s my phone.” I looked at the screen. “It’s my sister. Hello?”

Tommy?

“The one and only.” I walked to my room.

Where have you been?! I went back home to visit you because I wanted you to meet your nephew. I waited all day and I tried calling you!

“I must have been on a no service zone. Sorry for worrying you. Just… been busy.”

Are you sure you’re okay?

“Yes I’m fine. Met a few nice people and stuff like that.”

Okay. Just… be careful ok. I don’t want anything to happen like the last time.

“Don’t worry. It’s won’t happen. I promise. Maybe you can visit next week.”

I guess I could visit your new home.

“Sounds like a plan.” I said my goodbye and I returned to the living room. The mood on the other hand was not so pleasing. I group of ponies with sad faces gave me an idea. “What’s… going on.” Twilight looked up with a few tears on her cheeks but, failed to respond. She just dropped her head. Luna placed her hoof on her shoulder.

“They just realized everything that they have left behind. The elements of Honesty and Generosity have younger siblings. When they
heard you speaking to yours…” She suddenly stop.

“Fuck. I… didn’t know. It wasn’t on purpose.” Rarity wiped a tear off her side and said.

“It’s not your fault. We’re just said because we just realized how much we miss our home.”

“Well you know the saying… you never know what you have until its gone. I know you all miss your families and homes. But if anything I
know you will return home.” They all looked at me. “I know how it feels to lose someone close to you. Difference is they you will see
them again… I… won’t. Enough of this sad bullshit. I’ll fire up the grill and we’ll have dinner outside today.”

Author's Note:

Well here's the new rewrite for CH 3. New things and old. I tried to edit this myself. Let me know if i failed miserable. Spanish is my first language English is my second. Also I know quite a bit about cars. Ok i know about cars. Cars and guns are my passion. Any question about cars let me know. No Hondas please. (Hold On Not Done Accelerating)

Also 10k story views fuck yeah i feel happy. Ten thousand views. Thank you bros for the support since may july 2012. If you know or not one of my stories ar on hiatus until i have update them all I will update this one priority is first. Until next time bros. and thank you.