• Published 17th Jan 2019
  • 450 Views, 5 Comments

Multiverse Mayhem Q&A - Dreamer_from_the_Stars



What happens when Twilight Sparkle gets a visit from two impossible beings? Well, much comedy ensues driving our favorite unicorn’s curiosity and knowledge to many new horizons.

  • ...
 5
 450

Grim Start

Author's Note:

Enjoy

It was a serene night for the farm-based community of Ponyville, a town known for being the home of the Six Elements of Harmony. At around one in the morning when a single light in the Golden Oak Library was turned off by one of its two residents. The personal student of Princess Celestia herself, a major egghead and very extensive self researcher. Twilight Sparkle the Element of Magic has just finished reading an exciting tale about an adventurer who found a village of mythical bicorns. Her number one assistant Spike the Dragon has already retired for the night. While letting a brief yawn out she began walking toward the staircase that led up to their bedroom.

Just as one of her purple front hooves made contact with the first step a peculiar sound rang from the lowest level stopped her. The sound wasn't from a hoofstep, oh no, it was a few objects clattering onto the wooden floor. Twilight wondered why some things would have fallen off the shelves all on their own… Unless somepony was either trying to prank her or they were attempting to steal something from the library. She had to investigate this at once no thief would get their hooves/claws/talons on any of her first editions! The first step would be to get a good look at the criminal's features including the cutiemark. Being careful not to make the floorboard creak she slowly made her way down a different staircase. This one led to a hallway that connected to the main library.

An eerily dim blue light shined sparsely illuminating the main library casting shadows across the room. When Twilight reached the doorway leading to the room's main entrance. Immediately the outlines of a unicorn horn caught her eye, of course, a unicorn must have accidentally teleported in my library. Relieved our favorite unicorn walked into the room, and struck up a conversation. “Excuse me, I'm afraid that your teleportation attempt landed you inside of the Golden Oak Library. I can understand that few tries end up in failure and you couldn't have predicted bumping into one of the shelves. But, if you damaged anything then I will have to charge… you….” Twilight stopped in both mid-trot and conversation as the view of a unicorn skeleton sprawled across her floor shocked the student.

None of the mare's belongs were knocked on the ground only those piles of bones. Only she didn't own a unicorn skeleton not even one used for teaching purposes. So where did this one come from? Twilight noticed that the faint blue glow was hidden behind what looked to be this skeleton's skull only there was something light yellow attached to it. She closes her eyes then takes a few deep breaths and tries her best to rationalize this strange situation in her library. Okay, think for a moment, instead of one random somepony teleporting into Golden Oaks. Maybe they teleported this fake skeleton for a late night demonstration. I mean a skeleton doesn't just move on its own accord after all but that bit yellow is pretty odd. What could that be?

There was an off feeling in the room, but her curiosity soon began to resonate pushing the mare to investigate the skull. After debating it in her mind for two minutes, Twilight took a hoofstep forward with the drive to learn more about this. When she was about one foot away from the unicorn skull, she stopped then leaned her head down to examine the strange yellow object. It looked like a mane in a similar color to Applejack only a bit darker, it also had a small split where there was a side point. This confused her greatly because the mane seemed to not be attached to the skull in any visible way. Yet, when she gave it a slight tug with magic the mane dimly stayed in place like it had been glued on. The pelvic bone lacked any type of tail so why was there a mane?

It may be enchanted to resist magic for a prank on an innocent teacher so would hoof contact unstick it? Let's find out. Twilight reached her right hoof out assuming it may have been magically enchanted. Barely three inches away from the mane does she hear a floorboard creek this draws her attention to the left. There was one of these skeleton's legs only it seemed upright rather than knocked down like the other three. When she resumed experimenting with the mysterious mane, that noise sounded again. The purple unicorn was started to feel creeped out, so when the light started growing brighter she stepped back. That clattering noise began once again, this was starting to freak her out of her wits. Twilight searched around the library using a small light illuminating the farther corners which previously had been too dark.

A quick look back to that standing up leg bone revealed that now two more had been stood up straight. Okay this is getting to the point of just aggravating, clearly, somepony is pulling some sort of prank on me and I have a fair idea who that somepony is. She better be prepared for a concussive magic blast for all this nonsense. Our dear unicorn can be quite expressive when she does not happen to particularly appreciate a small jest or what she mistakes for one. A deep rage festered in Twilight at the thought this whole situation could have just been a mere joke to that pegasus. Her illuminating spell had started to grow brighter as the anger kept boiling.

Rainbow. Dash. If this is one of your next big pranks, then it is not funny for me in the slightest all you're doing is scaring me half to death. I mean honestly where did you even get a fake unicorn skeleton?! And why does it have a mane that isn't even anatomically correct. *Several clacks followed by a long creeeeaaaakkkk* R-rainbow this isn't amusing so would you cut it out already. *Clack Clickety Clack….* I m-mean how stupid do you think I am to fall for a fake skele*THUNDER!!!* EEEP!” She hurriedly cancels the illumination spell to look out an uncovered window. The sky was clear showing thousands of twinkling stars and the bright crescent moon.

She must have bucked a storm cloud to get that thunder, but wouldn't I hear Rainbow flying off with it. Or if she did kick it to make the cloud disperse then was the thunder accidental? And then there is that clicking only it seemed to originate from inside the Golden Oak. Hold on…. Something bright caught her attention from behind the mare.

Twilight noticed that the blue light from behind the skull had grown brighter than before while she was searching through the night sky. Determined to solve this prank lead to a few laces back to where she had been standing. Maybe Rainbow Dash had teamed up with Pinkie Pie to create all these mysterious effects. Just as she neared the unicorn corn the clicking began again only much louder this time around. Celestia's faithful student was both dumbstruck and mortified at the sight she saw. The bones now weren’t just stood up on their leg bones, but the skeleton had been constructed up to its torso. Not only was it perfectly put together there were bones that she hadn’t spotted on the floor before.

There… There is absolutely no way, Rainbow Dash could have put that skeleton together so perfectly in such a short time. She would have to study physiology diagrams and memorize the right formations. Even then a skeleton can't stand up straight without support beams. So how is this one standing up? thought the confused purple unicorn. She sighed then closed her eyes to think about this in further detail, was this really another one of Rainbow's pranks? The clicking came once again only it sounded closer than last time. Twilight decided not to react to the sound this time hoping that those two pranksters would be revealed. The noises continued until she felt a tap on her right flank.

Only it didn't feel like a normal hoof it was much too flat and smooth for a normal one. Not even a stallions was that smooth, but the tapping continued trying to draw her attention to whoever was repeating the action. After about three solid minutes of this, she finally snapped at the annoying taping from somepony. “What do you want already?! *Opens eyes furious* Why do you keep tapping… my flank?” Instead of the two pranksters, somepony she wasn't expecting had been trying to get her attention. Only it was rather something. The unicorn skeleton specifically it's headless frame was moving all on its own!! She backed up in immense fear of this terrifying skeletal frame.

Just as Twilight backed up her rump hit a surface that was surprisingly soft. “Griffin, you really need to stop losing your head I can't always be here to explain.” said a strange voice from behind the unicorn. When she peered behind her there was a larger creature that stood on to legs. Normally, Twilight would teleport away but she couldn't concentrate so when this creature stepped around her she just backed up against a bookcase. Meanwhile, an indecipherable sound came from the skull while the body made several motions along with stomping its hoofs.

What have I gotten myself into?!

Comments ( 3 )

Fine! Already interesting! However, I did not understand whether it was Sans or papyrus? Or someone else? In any case, keep up the good work! :pinkiehappy:

Well, on one hand, this seems like the story has potential with its general idea. However, on the other, the chapter is littered with a bunch of typos and grammatically unsound and little tell-y sentences that not always allow the reader to savour the atmosphere properly. So, I’d recommend getting another pair of eyes to help you improve the story—given it is fairly short right now and features rather popular and well-known characters, it should be quite easy.

Login or register to comment