• Published 21st May 2019
  • 9,147 Views, 1,277 Comments

Spyro: The Dragon Trio of Avalar - Blackdrag-rose



Spike and Ember grow up alongside Spyro as his siblings, and together they learn what it means to be heroes by protecting their home and taking down the various villains that cross their path.

  • ...
31
 1,277
 9,147

PreviousChapters Next
Interlude: Heading Back Home

Spyro, Spike, and Ember spent the rest of the day doing what Nestor and the others had said, as in they took some time off and rested, something that was definitely needed after their adventure in Avalar, meaning they actually relaxed, ate some food at long last, and also got some much deserved sleep, since they knew that, without something driving them, they would have crashed at some point. Elora and Hunter were more than happy to let them spend the rest of the day in Autumn Plains' castle, especially after everything the three of them had done to help the various realms out since their arrival in this land, and that included revealing that Moneybags was just using them to get at the gems that were resting in Avalar's treasury, but now the bear was in jail and would soon be punished for his crimes. Nestor and the other Leaders stayed in the castle for a time, mostly because Cosmos wanted to talk with the Professor, no doubt about the portal and what he had done to let the siblings return to Dragon Shores, and they would be ready to return to their home land when the siblings were ready, even though all three of them intended on returning to Avalar at some point, as they had made a few friends here and they weren't about to forget about any of them. That gave Elora and Hunter some time to learn about the Dragon Realms directly from the five Leaders that watched over and lead the dragons that called it home, as everything they knew about dragons was outdated and incorrect, based on what they read from the book the Professor had, and the Leaders were more than happy to answer the questions.

The siblings, on the other claw, rested in the chamber that they had been given, where Spyro was laying in one of the recliner chairs that were usually found on the beach, while Ember was in the middle of sampling some of the food that had been left in the chamber, after Elora and Hunter brought them here, though Spike was sitting off to the side with some of his supplies, only this time he was trying something different in a different journal.

"Spike, what are you doing?" Ember asked, as she knew that her brother couldn't be writing about their adventure in Avalar at this point, not since it was over and they had brought an end to the war that was going on between Zephyr and Breeze Harbor, which meant that she was interested in what he might be doing at the moment, while at the same time their dragonflies rested near Spyro, just enjoying the sun.

"Oh, I'm trying to add images to my journal," Spike replied, where he stopped what he was doing for a moment and placed the picture that he had been working on, since they came to the chamber anyway, on the table, where Ember found that he had been working on a colored picture of Elora, back when they met her in Summer Forest, "I want the other dragons to have a better idea of who or what I'm talking about, when I go to describe locations and the people that we encountered, so I figured that adding a few pictures here and there might help them imagine what happened during our adventures in this land."

"Well, your drawing skills have certainly improved since our first art lesson," Ember remarked, as the drawing her brother had been working on was pretty good and she didn't see any flaws in how Elora looked, showing her that Spike had a fine eye for detail and that transferred into other things besides his writing and notes, before she beckoned for him to take the picture back and he did so, since it was still incomplete and he needed to perfect it.

"Thanks. I've been working hard to make this possible." Spike said, where he carefully returned the picture to where it had been a few moments ago, while at the same time Ember noticed a few slips of paper that had names on them, to tell her brother who or what was going on that particular piece of parchment, before picking up his materials again so he could continue working on the pictures, "I'm sure Argus and the others will enjoy seeing these pictures, since it will give them a better idea of how everything looked when we first visited a place or when we first met someone... though I should check our archives when we get back, to see if there's any information on Ripto."

"Ripto? Why are you so interested in him?" Spyro asked, because while he was trying to relax and enjoy himself, which his siblings should be doing before they returned to the Dragon Realms and started the next level of training that Nestor and the others had in mind, he was a little curious as to why Spike would want to focus some of his time on the villain they had just defeated, "Especially when you consider the fact that he apparently came from another land that dragons have never been to."

"Well, he didn't like dragons and even interacted with a few in his past, even if he didn't talk about it," Spike stated, as he had known that one of his siblings would have questioned what he was saying and he was perfectly fine with such a thing happening, since he had been thinking about this since the moment they first encountered Ripto, even if he had other things to keep his mind distracted during their adventure, "I'm just curious if the archives mention him or the land he came from, because if they don't than that means there could be another land out there with dragons living in a state of peace with the other residents of that area."

Spyro and Ember glanced at each other, as while they weren't as interested in the land that Ripto came from, like their brother happened to be, the notion of there being another land with dragons was something that interested them, but they said nothing as they left Spike to what he was doing, because once he set his mind to researching something there was no stopping him, and it was only a matter of time until he went to Cloud Temples to see what sort of knowledge they had on their shelves. The fact that he hadn't rushed to Winter Tundra and headed into the realm in question was quite a shock to them, as they had been under the impression that he would have done that once Ripto had been defeated and the war had been stopped, but it seemed that rest and relaxation was what he was focused on at the moment, even if he would be visiting Cloud Temples at some point in the near future. Ember, on the other claw, was more interested in what Titan had to teach her when they got back home, especially since she had access to Warrior's Armor, long before she was supposed to have access to it apparently, which meant the Peace Keepers would have to introduce some new training to keep up with her skills. Spyro, however, turned back around in his chair and glanced at the rest of Autumn Plains for a few seconds, thinking about the incredibly rare and potent power he had unlocked at the end of the war, one that the Leaders and his siblings seemed sure that he possessed, though while he doubted that he knew that time would tell, and he was looking forward to whatever training was coming his way.

Eventually Spike stopped what he was doing and put his writing materials away so he could relax as well, as in falling asleep like Spyro and Ember quickly did once they were done talking, as they were all tired from their adventure and were in need of some well deserved rest, that way all three of them could be ready for whatever the future held for them and whatever challenges awaited them.

When the siblings woke up they found that it was morning and that they must have slept through the night, which was just fine with them when they considered everything they had been through since their arrival in Avalar, to which they got up and headed outside the room they had been given for the remainder of their stay, which wasn't going to be long since they did have to return to the Dragon Realms. Spike was already considering ideas on how to make a more permanent portal between their home and Avalar, so that way they could visit Elora, Hunter, and the others whenever they wanted, as long as it was during one of their breaks and not during the training that the Leaders were going to be giving them, and, at the same time, allow their new friends to come and visit them as well. As he thought about that he had the feeling that the Professor was probably hard at work on the same thing, to create a portal that linked their two lands together, which made sense since he was the one that created the Super Portal and connected it to the land that Ripto came from, as well as to the Dragon Realms to catch the three of them when they were heading to Dragon Shores. Spike was sure that, with some time and help, the Professor would be able to make this vision a reality, and he could always ask Nora about this, as she was the one that detected the new portal appearing on Dragon Shores, so it was possible that she could help him make a new portal and have it instantly connect the two lands together.

It didn't take the siblings all that long to locate the chamber that the meeting had been held in, where they managed to convince the leaders of the Land Blubbers and the Breezebuilders to stop their pointless war, and they found that there were already a few people there, as in all five of their Leaders and their new friends from Avalar, as Elora, Hunter, and even the Professor were inside the chamber.

"Ah, there you guys are." Hunter commented, informing the siblings that he and the others had seen them come into the chamber, even if it looked like they might have been talking about something before their arrival and either stopped all of a sudden or finished it as they walked down the hallway, though all three of them noticed that he had switched back into his normal attire, which was nothing, "I was beginning to wonder if we were going to have to enter your room and shake you three awake, even though Titan assures me that such a thing is a bad idea."

"Well, depending on a dragon's mood when such a thing happens, anything can happen," Ember stated, though she was glad that Titan and the others, as she was sure they had a claw in stopping Hunter, had prevented such a thing from happening, especially with how tired all three of them had been from their adventure, not to mention how quick she was to anger when certain things, like the war, happened, "but he's right, waking a sleeping dragon, when they haven't had any rest for a long time, can be a bad idea."

"Besides, considering how bad Ember got pissed off earlier, what with the war and Moneybags' actions, did you really want to risk provoking her?" Spyro asked, though he was mostly doing this because they were talking about the subject and not something else, even though his thoughts were still on the potential training he might be given in the near future, which his siblings were also thinking about, even if their training would be different than his.

"That's what stopped me as well, Elora reminding me of what she saw of Ember's anger." Hunter replied, reminding the siblings of the fact that Elora had likely caught a glance or two of that whenever they told her about Moneybags, not to mention the war, before he shrugged for a moment, since there wasn't much more for him to say on this matter, "Anyway, its good to see that you guys are up and that you have recovered from your adventure, even if that means that you'll be heading back to your home soon enough."

"You know, with the Professor no doubt working on a new portal, you guys can come and visit us," Spike said, as one glance at the person in question confirmed his earlier thoughts, that the Professor was hard at work trying to make the connection between their lands much better than what it current was, though it would be nice to have new visitors in the Dragon Realms, as they could give Elora and Hunter a tour and show them the land they called home.

"Spike, its nice of you to offer, but we have to stay here and tend to the realms you guys helped out." Elora replied, not that the siblings really needed the reminder of what they had done to help out the various realms that the residents of Avalar called home, as all of it was fresh in their minds, though it was clear that Hunter was the only one that didn't like what she had to say, "Ripto caused a lot of damage to Avalar, regardless of whether or not Moneybags helped him in that regard, so it will take us a while to get things back to the way they had been, before his arrival, so we may not be able to do that for some time."

"Of course you guys can take a short break, especially after everything you've done." Spyro stated, because he knew that their new friends deserved some time off from their duties and that they likely needed a few days off, though even as he said that both Spike and Ember nodded their heads in agreement, and Aeros, who was standing nearby, seemed to be of the same opinion, "I mean, you guys withstood Ripto's rampage for an entire week, allowing you the time to gather what you needed to call the three of us here, and even then you worked without rest to help us get through the realms of Avalar and acquire the Orbs that we needed to get through the final barrier... and you guys helped us bring an end to the war that was plaguing Zephyr and Breeze Harbor, so you definitely deserve a break. Not to mention the fact that Aeros and the rest of the Royal Guard can assist the citizens of the realms and make sure everything is in order for your return, meaning you won't have to worry about being called back within a few minutes of leaving."

Elora seemed to want to argue the fact, that she and Hunter were needed here, to help the rest of the realms recover from what happened to them, but in the end it was a glance to Aeros that convinced her to accept the offer, because the Royal Guard in question felt that they did deserve some time off, especially since he and the other guards had a lot of work to catch up on thanks to their week in the infirmary, due to their injuries from Crush and Gulp.

"Okay, I guess we can take a few days off." Elora said, eventually admitting defeat on the matter, even if it did seem like she liked the idea anyway, though her statement did leave Hunter cheering for a moment or two, mostly since he was happy that Spyro, Spike, and Ember had, in their own way, convince her to do something else, before she turned towards Aeros for a second, "But if I hear that something major happened, like another battle broke out or something, I'm coming right back to Avalar to make sure its taken care of."

Aeros nodded his head, showing that he did understand what she was saying, causing Elora to beckon for Hunter to take the lead for now, to which they started to walk out of the chamber they had gathered in, as the Leaders indicated that breakfast would be ready by the time they got back home, and headed for the portal that would take them back to Winter Tundra. Since the war had only come to a stop yesterday, and the meeting had been directly after that, the siblings knew that the Professor didn't have time to make a new portal or realign the Super Portal to the Dragon Realms, as in one of the homeworlds and not Dragon Shores, which would present a problem since the set of portals on the island, to all of the lands that the dragons called home, were designed to stop someone from going from one homeworld to another. Since they would be coming from another portal, and not from one of the ones that were in the area in question, Spike had to wonder if the portals would reject them or not, like they had done when he and his siblings first learned about them when they visited the island for the first time, but he guessed he was going to have to wait and see. There was also the chance that Nora had modified the portals so they could return without being stopped by anything, since she happened to be the master of Teleportation magic, though Cosmos had said nothing about that, leading the three of them to remain silent as they used the square portal to head back to Winter Tundra, so they could use the portal in the castle's courtyard and head back to Dragon Shores.

It didn't take them long to reach the Super Portal and pass through it, where they quickly reappeared near the front gates of Dragon Shores' new amusement park, something that Elora and Hunter were surprised to see, before Nestor lead the way around the exterior of the park and headed for the location of the portals he was looking for, allowing their new friends to see another part of the island while they walked. Spyro, Spike, and Ember were happy to be back in a familiar area, since the park had been something none of them were expecting when they first spotted it, and it wasn't long before they spotted the area that they had visited a few times in the past, which had been the inspiration to come here to get away from the massive storm that the Dragon Realms had been experiencing, which, from the looks of it, was no longer a concern, meaning it had been dealt with. They assumed that the storm had been dealt with once they noticed that the three of them were missing, or at least Nestor would have since they had been in the Artisans homeworld the last time he had seen any of them, meaning that the first thing he would have done, after checking the entirety of the land they called home, was head out and visit the other homeworlds, to get rid of the storm and to find them. Of course Nora had likely been on the case since the moment the Professor hijacked the portal and brought the three of them to Avalar, hence why she noticed the new portal so quickly, but just as they thought about that Nestor turned down a path and they smiled for a moment, as at the end of the path rested the five portals that represented the five lands of the Dragon Realms, and, based on the increased size of the area, the siblings could tell the Machinists already had a spot picked out for their portal to the island, even if the space was large enough for a few more portals.

"Wow, you guys used different styles for your portals?" Elora asked, as she was impressed by the designs of the five portals that were in front of them, especially since all of the portals in Avalar had been crafted in the same likeness, which had been odd to the siblings since they were expecting each homeworld to have their own flare, much like the lands that made up the Dragon Realms.

"Yep. We've got the portal for the Artisans homeworld," Spike replied, beckoning to the portal in question, while at the same time he noticed that Hunter didn't seem to care and the Professor seemed to be studying the five portals, maybe to get a feeling for the area so he could attempt to open a new portal at some point in the near future, before he shifted his gaze to the next one in the circle, "then the portal for the Peace Keepers, followed by the Magic Crafters portal, then the portal for the Beast Makers, and finally we have the Dream Weavers portal. Each of these portals are connected to an identical structure in one of the five homeworlds, so the Peace Keepers portal will take someone to the land of the Peace Keepers, or that would be the case if they weren't enchanted to prevent someone from going from one homeworld to another, mostly to prevent potential invaders from attacking a land while their defenses were down."

"Ah, about that, Nora has modified the enchantment you are referring to," Cosmos commented, to which the siblings turned towards him for a moment, as they were curious as to what he had to tell them, and he could tell that Elora was also interested in what he was about to say, making him wonder if she was going to take the siblings up on their offer to come back and visit more often, just to learn more about them, the magic they had access to, and everything else that was in the archives, "that's more of an emergency setting now, meaning that someone can go from the land of the Dream Weavers and travel to the land of the Peace Keepers in a few minutes... even though Nora claims that it still needs some work to make everything run smoothly."

"Should have known she would have figured something out." Spyro said, more in the sense that he knew Nora was really smart when it came to Teleportation magic, especially when she figured out the odd green fire that allowed Spike to teleport something from one location and put it somewhere else, a power that was still, as far as he knew, unique for the two of them, so it wasn't hard to imagine that she would be capable of something like this.

Elora and Hunter glanced at each other for a moment, showing that they weren't sure what they should think of that comment, before Nestor beckoned for them to pass through the portal to the Artisans homeworld, to which he and the other Leaders did so first, followed by Spyro, Spike, and Ember, before the pair, and the Professor, followed them through the portal, only to stop on the other side when they noticed the land that was in front of them.

"Spyro, Spike, Ember... is this where you guys live?" Elora asked, where she, Hunter, and the Professor looked out at the landscape that was around them, taking in the beauty of the Artisans homeworld for a few moments, as she was a tad bit surprised to find a place like this, especially after all the tales that were in the book that they had found with the rest of the stuff the Professor had, "Its so... peaceful."

"As it should be." Spike said, though he and his siblings smiled as they followed Nestor and the others through the large door, allowing them to return to the area they had been in before another of them even decided on using the portal to head to Dragon Shores, which really felt like it had been a long time ago at this point, "The dragons that call this land home are some of the most peaceful and tranquil dragons you'll ever meet, and each of them has taken to some form of art, like painting, cooking, sculpting, and so on... and yes, this is the homeworld we call home."

"Are you sure about that? I mean, Ember is a pretty violent dragon when she wants to be." Hunter remarked, as he did find it a little odd that Spike claimed that they were Artisans dragons, the most peaceful of them all apparently, and yet all three of them were able to defend themselves and deal great damage to those that were in their way, especially after what he witnessed yesterday.

"As it stands, the Artisans dragons are the most peaceful and tranquil of the five clans," Nestor commented, causing the group to turn and look at him for a moment, while at the same time the rest of the Leaders separated and started to do their own thing, as now that the siblings had returned they could head back to their homeworlds and continue what they had been doing, before starting the new level of training for the siblings, "the Peace Keepers are the most aggressive and serve as our soldiers, the Magic Crafters can be a little shy and are happy to spend their days in their own studies so they can learn more about the various types of magic, the Beast Makers help bring new life into our lands and live in a swamp that contains some of the best herbs and materials in the Dragon Realms, and the Dream Weavers sleep during the day so they can guard our dreams during the night. Of course, even with all of that information, Spyro and Spike are Purple Dragons, a very rare and very special type of dragon, and they are not bound by the traditional definition of the land they were born in, even though Spike is more of a Magic Crafter than an Artisans dragon, and Ember is just like them in that thought, since she's more of a Peace Keeper."

"Oh, I see... so rule breaking dragons, got it." Hunter said, showing that he sort of understood what Nestor had said and that what he got from it was that Spyro and Spike, because they were a rare type of dragon, were being given special treatment in terms of which clan they could act like, and that Ember was included so she didn't feel left out, to which the siblings simply shrugged as they looked at each other for a moment.

Elora, on the other claw, seemed interested in what they were learning about and focused less on the fact that the siblings were not bound by the traditional definition of the Artisans dragons, but as she walked out into the main area of the homeworld, and took in everything that was around them, Spyro, Spike, and Ember heard the sound of someone flying towards the area they were in, and it wasn't one of the Leaders.

"Guys, there you are!" a familiar voice said, where the siblings glanced in the direction that the voice was coming from and found Sol flying towards the area they were standing in, though it wasn't long before he came to a stop and landed near the group, even though his gaze was focused on his friends at the moment, "I was getting curious as to when you might come and visit the island again, especially with the storm we all experienced, but when I got back to the hub area of the Beast Makers homeworld, to visit Bruno and see if I could fly here, I heard that you guys were missing and I decided to help your Leaders out... I had no idea you guys were taken to another land."

"Trust me, it was quite an adventure," Spyro replied, as that was an understatement and he knew it, as a lot of stuff happened since the moment they went through the portal to Dragon Shores and the moment they were brought back to the Dragon Realms, but for now it was important not to bother their friend with the war they had stopped, before he took a moment and glanced at their new friends, "Sol, allow me to introduce Elora, Hunter, and the Professor, our friends from Avalar, the land we were brought to when we 'disappeared'. Guys, this is Sol, one of the Phoenixes that used to keep their existence hidden from the rest of the dragons, and he's one of the first friends we ever made."

"So, you're a Phoenix." Hunter remarked, where he, Elora, and the Professor looked at the being that was in front of them and took in how Sol looked, as this was the first time they had seen anything like him, since Phoenixes weren't even mentioned in any of the books that Elora had read, making the species even rarer than the dragons were, "Though to be perfectly honest, and this isn't meant as an insult, I was expecting you to be a bit bigger."

"I'm not fully grown, that's why. I'm only eleven years old, and I wont mature for some time," Sol replied, where his tone revealed that he wasn't annoyed by what Hunter had said, rather he found it somewhat amusing that he made a small comment about the fact that he wasn't as tall as he was expecting, especially since he was around the height that his friends were at, before he focused on something else, which was Elora, "So, um, what are you supposed to be exactly? You look like some sort of goat creature."

"I'm a Faun, you dork." Elora stated, doing exactly what she did when Spyro made the comment, where she bent over to stare at Sol for a few seconds, while at the same time her tone and her face revealed that she wasn't annoyed by what had been said, before she shifted her stance once more and returned to how she had been standing earlier, though she was sure that Spyro was glad that he wasn't on the receiving end of that statement this time around.

Before she said anything else, and before Hunter could say something, Elora noticed that Ember rolled her eyes at her statement once more, meaning she really didn't care for it, while this time both Spyro and Spike chuckled for a moment, confirming her thoughts about Spyro in a matter of seconds, though Sol stood there for a moment and tilted his head for a moment, showing that he was confused by something.

"Oh, sorry, I had no idea you were a Faun... whatever that is." Sol said, because he knew that there were no Fauns in the Dragon Realms, since he was sure that one of the Beast Makers would have said something about them if they did exist, though at the same time he knew that Spike would likely tell him about the species at some point in the next day or two, before he considered something else, "Also, what's a dork?"

"Don't worry about it, Sol," Spike spoke up, where he was happy that their friend didn't mind the fact that he and Spyro had taken a few moments to chuckle at what Elora had said, before he tapped his satchel with his wing for a second, to indicate that he had information to share with the rest of the Dragon Realms, "We'll tell you all about our adventure in Avalar, the realms we saw, and everything else that happened while we were there, but first we should let our new friends see our homeworld and enjoy ourselves."

Sol smiled as he joined the group as Spyro started to move, as he and his siblings had a lot to show Elora and Hunter, while the Professor would likely be spending his time chatting with the Leaders before they left for their homeworlds, and he was sure that they would have questions, ones that they would be more than willing to answer, though even as he, Spike, and Ember walked away from where they had been standing they were happy to be back home and knew that the Dragon Realms were never going to be the same from this day forward.

PreviousChapters Next