• Published 21st May 2019
  • 9,154 Views, 1,277 Comments

Spyro: The Dragon Trio of Avalar - Blackdrag-rose



Spike and Ember grow up alongside Spyro as his siblings, and together they learn what it means to be heroes by protecting their home and taking down the various villains that cross their path.

  • ...
31
 1,277
 9,154

PreviousChapters Next
Rage: Exploring Autumn Plains

With Crush defeated, and Ripto having run off with Gulp through a tunnel that they couldn't follow him through, thanks to the fact that part of the roof collapsed and covered the entrance, Spyro, Spike, and Ember headed back up to the entrance of the dungeon so they could tell Elora the good news, and then figure out where their foe went next so they could follow him and put an end to this. What they discovered was that with Crush's defeat a whirlwind appeared in the middle of the large chamber they were in, one that would allow the three of them to return to the area of the castle that they had been in before they headed into the dungeon, and none of them wasted time staring at it, as they jumped into it the moment they noticed it was there. The siblings knew that the residents of Summer Forest would be happy by this turn of events, as none of them had to worry about Ripto and his forces attacking them in the near future, so for now it appeared that peace would return to this homeworld, even though they were aiming to do the same thing to the other two homeworlds of Avalar and the remaining realms they hadn't visited yet. Even with how large the chamber was, and that included the distance between where they landed and where the entrance of this area, it didn't take them long to reach the area that would allow them to walk out to where the portal to Aquaria Towers was located in, though for right now they paused as they came to a stop in the area near Elora, who was smiling at the moment.

"Spyro, Spike, Ember, you guys are awesome!" Elora said, her tone revealing that she had able to watch the battle that had unfolded in the dungeon, between them and Crush, and that she was incredibly impressed by what she had seen when they engaged their foe, even if the person they wanted to take down had run off before they had been able to face him, "Where did you guys learn all of those skills that you used against Crush? They don't match anything in the book that the Professor has on dragons."

"We were taught by the Leaders of the Dragon Realms and the strongest champions of the five dragon clans that call the Dragon Realms home." Spike replied, because there was a lot of information that Elora could learn from him, if he were to take a break and talk to her about the world they came from, and he knew that she was going to be interested in learning about the Dragon Realms, the clans that called the five, soon to be six, homeworlds home, and everything else he and his siblings had learned over the years, before he considered what to tell her for right now, "The Peace Keepers taught us how to fight, with Ember being the most combat proficient out of all three of us, while Spyro is the one that created the Hover technique, showing that he was proficient in the art of flying and being a leader, since we learned that skill from him once he completed it, while I, on the other hand, was taught by the Magic Crafters, the dragons that wield magic and master one of the types of magic we can use."

"I see... and that raises so many more questions about the world you came from." Elora stated, as she was curious about what Spike was talking about and knew that they could spend hours talking about their individual worlds, but, even though she wanted to learn as much as she could about the place the siblings came from, she knew that they were more interested in where Ripto had ran off to, so they could chase him and continue the fight that had been interrupted earlier, hence the reason she was focusing on that at the moment, "But we can talk about that later, as I'm sure that you guys are more interested in tracking down Ripto and reversing the damage he's caused to the other realms of Avalar."

"Yeah, we saw some sort tunnel behind the door that Gulp smashed and figured that it had to connect to one of the other two homeworlds, but we weren't sure where it was taking him," Spyro said, though at the same time they noticed that Elora was starting to walk out of the area they were in, to which he and his siblings followed after her, knowing that she was going to lead them to something that would take them to the homeworld that Ripto was heading to, "though it seems that you have an idea of where he went."

"That tunnel connects the dungeon of Summer Forest's castle to the dungeon of Autumn Plains' castle, which is the second of the three homeworlds in Avalar," Elora explained, as she had the feeling that Spike knew what she was talking about, since he carried the guidebook and likely opened it whenever he and his siblings visited one of the realms that they were helping out, and that both Spyro and Ember were listening as well, due to the fact that they knew Spike would tell them whatever they couldn't understand, before she opened the way back to the chamber with the lone tree, "it's how we transported the more dangerous criminals to Autumn Plains, along with the guards transferring goods between them every now and then, but that's not the only way to travel between the three homeworlds. There is, in fact, a second way for someone to go from Summer Forest and head to either Autumn Plains or even Winter Tundra, and that way is by using a smaller teleportation device that the Professor created, but we sealed them off to prevent Ripto from having access to them, so with this homeworld being saved we can use it again."

"So, you use portals to go from one homeworld to another," Ember commented, though at the same time Elora lead them to the chamber that contained the water tunnel that seemed to be the only entrance the castle possessed, but that was when she tapped a specific area and revealed the passage that Spike had revealed earlier, to prove to Moneybags that there was more than one way to get inside the castle, before she lead them down it, "Right now adult dragons fly from one island to another, while young dragons, like the three of us, use the services of the Balloonists to go from one homeworld to homeworld, and the Leaders call upon to Balloonists to help them transport things between the islands, but, from what I've heard, Nora might be working on a way to fix that."

"Well, she's working on something important," Spike replied, as he knew that Nora wanted a portal system that all of the dragons could use, to go from somewhere in the Artisans homeworld and transport themselves to somewhere in the Dream Weavers homeworld, though he had to admit that creating a set of portals that connected the homeworlds to each other was an interesting idea.

Elora said nothing to that as she lead them to the other side of the tunnel and made sure to close it behind them, so that no one would see it while they were gone, before she brought them over to the first building the siblings had walked through, when they first arrived in Summer Forest, which was when Spyro, Spike, and Ember found a circular shaped item that was half their size, but the magic that was coming from it revealed that it was a portal of some kind, one that would take them to the homeworld that Ripto was headed to at the moment. It appeared to have a gemstone of some kind in the center of the circle, one that seemed to hold the power they were feeling, and there seemed to be a shimmering aura in the air above the platform, where Spike determined that it had to be a teleportation pad of some kind, something that he knew Nora was also working on, to improve maneuverability for all dragons. Before he or his siblings did anything Elora jumped up onto the platform and disappeared a few seconds later, showing them that the magic of the device was nearly instantaneous, though that was when they took turns and jumped up onto the platform as well, waiting for the first one to vanish before the next one followed suit, until all three of them had left Summer Forest behind and headed to Autumn Plains, so they could track down their foe and put an end to his plans.

When Spyro, Spike, and Ember appeared on the other side of the portal, and stood in the starting area of the second homeworld, they discovered that Autumn Plains had a massive castle that seemed to dominate the majority of the area they were in and it came complete with several roofs that were shaped to look like spires, made with dark green tile by the looks of it, and there was even a gold band wrapped around the part of the castle that connected to the roof. Around them rested tall white colored stone walls, no doubt the ramparts that protected the castle from anyone that would attack it from the outside, even though it was a moot point since Ripto had already invaded the structure from the inside, if the pair of flags that bared his likeness were anything to go by. There were a couple of tall trees scattered around the area, which had leaves that looked like they were trapped in a perpetual Autumn, which Spike guessed was the reason the residents of Avalar called their homeworlds that way, as each seemed to be stuck in one of the four seasons, minus Spring by the looks of it, and there was even a pond directly in front of where they had appeared, meaning that there had to be some sort of underground river that gave this area the water they were seeing. One thing they weren't surprised by were the couple of portals that they could see at the moment, the same portals they were going to be going through so they could help the residents of the realms, collect their Talismans and the Orbs that were scattered around each realm, all so the barrier that was protecting this castle's dungeon was broken, as they were sure that Ripto already had a new seal in place and was trying to prevent them from entering his domain.

The first thing they did was start to explore the new homeworld they had found themselves in, where they picked up a few gems from some openings in the wall behind them, though as Spyro and Ember did that Spike made a note of what each of the portals was called, since he knew they could get an idea of what to expect on the other side before they even went through one of the structures. As such the portal that was close to where they appeared was called Crystal Glacier, a name that meant they might be dealing with a winter area of some kind, though he made sure to pick up the pair of gems as his siblings dived into the pond and smashed the glass vases that were down there, including some gems as well, giving Spike the chance to approach the portal that was near them. From that are he could see two other portals, one that was in the direction of the entrance of the castle, a portal that was called Breeze Harbor, while off to the right of where he and his siblings arrived stood an inactive portal, meaning they would need to find a way to reactivate it, before determining that the portal he had gone to look at lead to the Skelos Badlands. He had to admit that he was interested in what these realms had to offer, all while making sure to smash the metallic vases that were near the Skelos Badlands portal, but once he did that both Spyro and Ember burst out of the pond and landed near him, indicating that they were done collecting the gems they had found in the water and that they were ready to continue searching the area.

From there they headed in the direction of the portal to Breeze Harbor, where they picked up the gems that just so happened to be laying on the ground, broke apart the couple of straw baskets that were scattered around the area, and made sure to smash the metallic vases that were along the way, before walking down into the area that contained the set of ladders that would take them up to the castle's entrance, the visible one anyway, and found that Moneybags must have been thrown out by Ripto earlier, as he was rubbing his rear as he stood up.

"Hello Moneybags. Did Ripto kick you out of the castle again?" Spyro asked, though he was only asking due to the fact that he was curious as to whether or not Ripto had arrived in Autumn Plains, as there could have been a portal at the end of the tunnel that allowed their foe to get here first, especially since they had to take the long way around to get to the area that Elora lead them to, though when he thought about that he found a familiar platform off to his left, one that would likely take him and his siblings back to Summer Forest if they wanted to do so.

"He must certainly did, before I could show him my boxing skills!" Moneybags exclaimed, to which Spyro, Spike, and Ember watched as the bear righted himself and brushed off the dust that had had gotten on his attire, before he turned and looked at them for a few seconds, almost as if he was thinking about something, "Well, if you'll excuse me, I'll leave Ripto to the three of you, especially since the only way to enter the castle is to climb up these ladders, a skill you already learned from me, back in Summer Forest, so there's nothing more I can teach you."

The siblings watched as Moneybags headed up the ramp they had walked down to reach this area and head towards the portal to Skelos Badlands, which was when they followed after him and found that he was walking towards the inactive portal, which just so happened to have a few metallic vases around the raised platform the portal was on and a few gems that were laying on the ramp up to where the portal rested. Ember sighed for a moment, as all three of them knew what the bear was going to ask them when they came up to where the portal rested, which was why they quickly smashed the pair of metallic vases and collected all of the gems that were around the raise platform the portal was on, before walking up the ramp so they could see what the bear had to say. At the same time they discovered that there was a whirlwind near their location, one that lead right to a hidden tunnel that contained a portal that seemed to connect to a Speedway, or at least that was what Spike determined by looking at the portal in question for a few moments, a place that appeared to be called Metro Speedway, meaning they would have to come back to it once they cleared out the more important realms, as in the ones with the Talismans. What they discovered, however, was that Moneybags was a little surprised that they had sought him out already and that he didn't have all that much time to prepare whatever it was he had for them, not like the last time since he was able to get to the wall that the portal to Aquaria Towers was hidden behind, but that didn't stop him from putting his smile on as he got ready to talk to them.

"Oh, you guys are going to love this," Moneybags said, because if there was one thing he had learned, from watching the siblings as they moved through the various realms, was that one of them loved knowledge and that he might actually be able to use that to his advantage, hence the reason he came to this portal, which he was beckoning to so the siblings would look at it for a moment, "Legend has it that there is a portal to the realm of Zephyr located here, on the very area we are standing in... and the legend also mentions that I am the only one that can activate the portal, while even going so far as to say that a small fee is..."

Ember, having heard enough of the statement, growled and her scales shimmered for a moment, where she whacked Moneybags in the chest and knocked him off the raised part of the platform, causing him to fall onto the ground below them, but she knew that he was fine since he was able to survive the fall that was connected to the highest point of the ladders that would allow them to access the inside of the castle, before she glided down to where he was laying.

"Moneybags, what did we tell you back in Summer Forest?" Ember inquired, purely to remind the bear that she and her siblings meant exactly what they had told him, that if he continued to interfere with their mission they would treat him as an enemy and take him out, to leave in Elora and Hunter's custody, though she had her tail ready at the same time, just in case the bear failed to understand what she was referring to.

"I... didn't finish... what I wanted to tell you," Moneybags replied, though that was when he raised his right hand for a moment and snapped his fingers, to which Spyro and Spike watched as the portal to Zephyr opened before their eyes, to which Ember backed off for a moment and let the bear stand up, with a glare that informed him the next time he did this he should talk quickly and get to the point, before they got the wrong idea, "What I was going to say was that the legend said this and that, as if it was implying that you had to pay me, but that I was also going to open the way, free of charge, so you could put an end to Ripto's schemes... though good luck dealing with the annoying birds in Zephyr, as they never paid me for any of the weaponry I was able to supply them with, even if they sorely needed it..."

Ember raised an eyebrow as Moneybags walked off, with a slight pause every now and then since she did hit him with a decent amount of force, but as he walked away her siblings glided down to where she was standing, as there was more for them to explore and more for them to uncover in this homeworld, before they set their sights on the various realms so they could start helping the rest of Avalar out.

"It sounds like someone declared war on Zephyr," Spyro commented, making sure that Moneybags was far away from where they were standing so he didn't hear what they were discussing, though even as his siblings nodded their heads in agreement he understood what the bear had said to Ember, before he left the area, and it was rather sickening to think that Moneybags was supposed to be on Avalar's side, "and Moneybags just admitted to selling weapons to the ones that happen to be attacking the realm. How is it that Elora and Hunter haven't thrown him in jail yet?"

"He's probably cautious and thinks that we'll forget about this by the time we deal with Ripto," Spike replied, though as soon as he said that he pulled out his writing materials and made a note about what they just discovered, as it would serve as an official record of Moneybags' statement and would be added to the story he was writing for the rest of the scholars that were back home, who were no doubt wondering what had happened to them, "however, he failed to realize that I would write the information down, so we can show Elora exactly what he said later, when we're done dealing with Ripto and his plans."

"Of course, given what's happening to Avalar, some might believe that it was Ripto that gave the weapons to the birds that are attacking Zephyr," Ember added, as that was something that Spyro had overlooked, though she wasn't adding Spike to that thought because he was much smarter than they were and likely considered that option as well, even if he was letting her talk at the moment, before she shook her head and moved away from the area that the portal to Zephyr happened to be resting in, "Come on, we've got more ground to over and an entire castle to explore before we can go help the residents of the other realms, so let's not waste any time and get to work."

What Spyro and Spike did was wait as Ember used the whirlwind to get up to the area in front of the portal to Metro Speedway, where she found a pair of gems and nothing else, to which she returned to them as they headed for the set of ladders that would allow them to enter the castle, though as they took turns climbing up the ladders they found a few gems along the way. Spyro, being the first one to climb the ladders, made sure to pick up the gems before he reached the opening that would allow them to enter the castle, though as he waited for Spike and Ember to reach where he was now standing he looked out at the area that he could see, where he wondered where the Orbs of this homeworld were resting, as they had found none of them so far and that was worrying. Once his siblings had caught up to him they broke the straw basket that was nearby, picked up the couple of gems that were on the ground, and smashed the metallic vases that were near the portal that was in the first chamber they entered, where Spike noticed that it lead to a realm called Scorch, which only made him interested in what it had for them as well. From there they climbed down the stairs that were to the left of where they entered and found that the passage brought them to another portal, one that would take them to Fracture Hills based on the name, so what they did was smash the pair of metallic vases that were in front of it and then walked over to the passage that the Professor was standing in, as it appeared he was trying to unlock a door for them.

"Ah, Spyro, Spike, Ember, it's good to see you again," the Professor said, where he turned to face them and turned his attention from the door that he had been working on, as it appeared that he noticed something as soon as they came to a stop in front of him, if the fact that he pulled out his clipboard and pencil was any indication, "I was trying to undo the seal that Ripto put on this door, one that was designed to make you backtrack to some of the other realms that you've already cleared out, in case you didn't have any Orbs, but it seems that the amount of Orbs you have already collected is more than enough to break the seal and allow you to progress once more."

"I guess it's a good thing we helped out everyone in each realm while we were there." Spyro commented, to which both Spike and Ember nodded their heads in agreement, as it wasn't hard to argue with what their brother had just said, which was when the magic coming from the guidebook undid the seal on the door and it raised into the ceiling, allowing them to advance into the next passage and continue exploring the rest of the castle.

As the siblings walked into the next passage, however, they collected all of the gems that were on the ground and got a good view over the mountain that this castle seemed to be positioned on, while at the same time Ember smashed the pair of metallic vases as Spike made note of the fact that the portal they were walking by lead to a realm called Magma Cone, which had to mean it was a more volcanic realm. From that portal the siblings continued to follow the hallway that seemed to be leading them towards the dungeon, where they would likely find Elora since she knew the ins and outs of the castles and had likely slipped by Ripto's seals before anyone knew what she was doing, though the next area they came to happened to be where Moneybags was waiting for them, along with another gem and a metallic vase. The other thing that interested them was the fact that there was an opening to their right, one that the bear happened to be waiting near, one that allowed the siblings to notice a new structure that was near where they were standing, except there was no bridge or walkway for them to use to get over to the area, where they assumed a portal to another realm rested, to which they turned towards Moneybags.

"Spyro, Spike, Ember, are you three following me?" Moneybags asked, as if he was worried that they were going to be hot on his tail if he moved from one area to the next, all because of what Ember did when they were near the portal that lead to Zephyr, though at the same time he glanced at the small castle-like structure that was off in the distance, one he knew the siblings would be interested in.

"Well, we're exploring this homeworld and making sure we recover everything that Ripto has stolen," Spike replied, as he and his siblings fully intended on returning all the gems the moment this adventure was done, even though he was quite surprised that their world and Avalar seemed to be similar, in terms of magic and gemstones, before he beckoned to the structure he and his siblings had seen, "so, what are the chances that a portal to another realm is inside that structure and that you're the only one that can open the way to it?"

"Incredibly high, actually." Moneybags replied, to which he waved his hand at the balcony that was on the other side of the opening and allowed the siblings to watch as a walkway, one that seemed to be designed in the likeness of a carpet, extend out to the structure in question and witness the door opening, meaning they could access the building whenever they wanted to, "It's like I said, I want Ripto to be stopped, and this will allow you to get one stop closer in ensuring that his schemes are brought to an end."

The siblings stood there for a moment, switching their gaze between the new walkway and Moneybags, as they were a little curious if he was trying to make it seem like he was actually trying to help them or if he was trying to get them to forget what he had told Ember, back at the portal to Zephyr, but before they said anything he headed down the part of the hallway they hadn't gone down yet and disappeared, no doubt heading to another area that he could use to try and get some gems from them. Once Moneybags was gone the siblings walked over the walkway and found that the portal would take them to Shady Oasis, though since they weren't focusing on the realms for the moment they collected the three gems that were around the small area and returned to the main castle, where they continued to follow the hallway and made sure to keep their eyes open for the entrance to the dungeon, as they were sure it was getting close. It didn't take them all that long to reach some more gems that were on the floor and, more importantly, a ledge that would allow them to glide over to a small pillar of ground that was a short distance away from the castle, one that had a portal, two baskets, and two gems resting on it, along with Moneybags standing near the portal. In that instant Spike was convinced that the bear had to know some form of magic, as there was no way he could have jumped the gap that was in front of them, nor could he have gotten around the seal that they just unlocked a few moments ago, and the use of Teleportation magic was the only way to really how he was able to move around like he was, but he said nothing as he and his siblings glided down to where the bear was standing, hoping that this would be the last time they saw him for this homeworld.

"Moneybags, what do you have to tell us this time?" Ember inquired, because she was getting a little tired of seeing the bear all over Autumn Plains, even though she could have easily hit him multiple times at this rate, and she knew that both Spyro and Spike were getting tired of dealing with him, for now anyway, so she was hoping that he would just activate the portal and be on his way.

"Well, I came to tell you that this particular Speedway has a fee that must be paid for the portal to be activated, and that this isn't one I can give to you free of charge." Moneybags replied, to which he reached into his suit for a moment, not doubt because he was looking for something, before he withdrew a slip of paper and showed it to them, where Spike did note that what the paper had on it was well written, almost like it was official, "there's even a written version of the rule that states people are only allowed to use this portal if they have paid the fee, so I'm afraid that I can't let you three use the portal until the fee has been handed over."

"Well, let me take that and we'll get back to you on our decision." Spike stated, where he removed the piece of paper from Moneybags' hand and slipped it inside his satchel, as he was determined to see if this was a real rule or if the bear was trying to pull a fast one on them, and there was only one person, in all of Avalar, that could answer his question and tell them the truth.

Spyro, Spike, and Ember, without saying another word to Moneybags, used the nearby whirlwind and headed back to the ledge, where they returned to the hallway and continued down the path that they had been following, though as they did that they spotted a wall that looked like it was ready to crumble, where they decided to focus on picking up the gems and came to a stop when they reached the end of the stairs, which brought them right to where Elora was standing, and that happened to be in front of a large wooden door that seemed familiar.

"You guys got here quick, though I've had a chance to figure out what we need to do next," Elora said, showing them that, while they were dealing with Moneybags and the scattered gems that they had been picking up, she had been busy checking on the seal that was on the dungeon and had determined how they were going to break it so they could face Gulp and Ripto, "We're going to need all fourteen Talismans to break this seal, so it looks like you guys are going to be very busy for a while, especially since some of Autumn Plains' realms are having problems at the moment."

"Yeah, we heard a little bit about it." Spike replied, though at the same time he withdrew the slip of paper that he had taken from Moneybags and showed it to Elora, who looked at it and almost frowned the instant she looked at it, showing his siblings that his idea had been spot on and that their friend could help them out, even if he didn't tell them anything about what he had been thinking about doing, "Moneybags showed us that a few minutes ago, saying that we needed to pay him to enter one of the Speedways, so I thought that you, who knew all the rules of Avalar, might be able to tell us if he was telling the truth, or if he was trying to rob us... even if we're set on the latter option."

"No, you guys are right, this is a forgery," Elora stated, her tone having deflated a little, as if she was getting tired of hearing about Moneybags and all of his schemes to get rich off of the people that he was supposed to be helping, before she tore it in half and let Spyro do the honors of torching them, where she let them land on the floor and watched as they were reduced to nothing, "He shouldn't be trying to charge you guys for anything, since your helping us take down Ripto and restore the peace that he's disrupted."

In that moment the siblings turned around and headed back up to where the ledge was located, where they glided back to where Moneybags was standing, waiting for them to return and pay the fee that he would tell them about, and a smile did appear on his face as they landed in front of him, clearly thinking that they would do as he asked and hand over the number of gems that he would tell them about.

"So, are you guys ready to pay the fee?" Moneybags asked, his tone showing that he was trying to hide the fact that he was trying to con them into paying for something that they didn't need to pay for, which did tick Ember off a little since her earlier thoughts about the bear being an obstacle in their quest to save Avalar was being proven to be more correct than when she made that statement.

"No, we found out that your rule is a forgery," Spyro replied, though he had to admit that if he was saving Avalar all on his own, with Sparx as his only companion, he could have fallen for that fake rule and would have lost more gems, because without Spike and Ember things wouldn't run this smoothly, before he returned to the topic they were talking about, "or, to be exact, a brilliant fake, one that fell apart as soon as we asked someone about it."

"But who could you talk to..." Moneybags started to ask, only to stop as he glanced up at the ledge the siblings had used to glide down to this area and found that Elora was staring down at them, with a look of disappointment on her face and she even had her arms crossed, usually the sign that she was beyond annoyed with someone, to which he sighed and waved his hand towards the portal, activating the way to the Speedway, "Elora... I should have known. Fine, you caught me, I was hoping to make a few gems with this portal, but with her ratting me out I'll back off and let you through."

"Next time you try to stall us, Moneybags, will be the last time you do so, before I put my earlier promise into effect, so think carefully before you make the same mistake again." Ember stated, though instead of heading for the portal, like the bear seemed to think she and her siblings would do, they headed back to the whirlwind, so they could finish their exploration of the castle and make sure they had everything, before heading into one of the realms.

With that done the siblings returned to the castle hallway, where they made sure to thank Elora for her assistance in exposing Moneybags' scheme, though as she headed back down to where the dungeon's door was located, to see if she might be able to bypass it in some way, Spyro, Spike, and Ember investigated the part of the hallway that looked like it could collapse at any moment. Of course when the siblings got near it, and Spyro tapped it a few times to see how strong it really was, the stones shattered and created a mess on the floor, but it did reveal a short tunnel that had a pair of gems and a whirlwind at the end, where they picked up the gems and walked into the whirlwind so they could see where it would take them, since they were still wondering where the Orbs of this homeworld were located. The ride was short, as it brought all three of them up to a small room of sorts, before they walked through the opening that was in front of them and found themselves on the largest part of the castle's roof, where a number of gems, straw baskets, and metallic vases happened to be waiting, which caused them to separate for a few moments so they could pick up everything, only to get back together once the area was picked clean. From there they used the next whirlwind to reach the top of the highest tower in the homeworld, which did have some gems for them to collect, before they finally spotted an Orb way out in the distance, one that would require them to glide to and maybe even hover to land where the Orb was, but that didn't stop the siblings from jumping into the air so they could glide over to their next destination.

Fortunately with their skills it was a simple matter for the siblings to glide over to the area the Orb was in, land on the small platforms it was on, and let Spike add it to the guidebook, before they collected the rest of the gems that were near it and then glided over to the white wall that was the closest to where the platforms were located, allowing them to take a moment and check with their dragonflies to be sure there weren't any other gems to be found. Interestingly enough Sparx, Talon, and Cinder agreed with each other on the fact that there were two more gems to be found in this homeworld, ones that they must have missed somewhere, before they lead the siblings along the wall that they were standing on, where it appeared that they had missed seeing a walkway while they were exploring the area they had appeared in. What surprised the siblings was that the area their dragonflies lead them to was near the area that Moneybags would have originally taught them the climb ability in, if they hadn't gotten it as a package deal with the knowledge on how to swim, and it didn't take long for all three of them to notice that part of the structure they were approaching had been broken at one point and someone had tried to cover it up. The first thing they did was collect the pair of gems in front of the wall and then made sure that they were the last gems in the entire homeworld, which was confirmed by their dragonflies a few seconds later, though that only caused Ember to smash her way through the wall that they had been brought to, revealing the second, and last, Orb for this part of Avalar.

Spike made sure to slip this Orb into the guidebook as well, where all three of them smiled as they jumped down into the area they had originally started in, as it was time to pick a realm and help out more of Avalar's residents, to reverse the damage that Ripto had done to the realms, before they eventually reached the final battle with him and Gulp so they could return peace to all of Avalar.

PreviousChapters Next