• Published 14th Jan 2019
  • 1,000 Views, 19 Comments

A mother's letter - SaturatedBubble



Sometimes words do not speak, sometimes you only need the comfort that's brought to you. Even lines on a paper mean the most when it's from someone you love dearly, from someone you've lost, and shall those words forever hold a place in her heart.

  • ...
1
 19
 1,000

The letter.

Dearest Twilight,


Shall you carry on my name my beloved daughter, even though my passing is quick, my heart still beats for the embrace of you, my daughter. Everything I once owned shall be yours so you have a piece of me with you, all my love from the years have passed, all the love I devoted to music and dance and the items that came with it shall be remembered and passed down to my beloved Flurry Heart.


I lost you and your brother so young, I could cry and watch from the sides, but never in my lifetime have I felt so much distance from my little girl and boy. Growing so old, I had to watch someone else take you, but in the end it paid off, because you became the brightest mare I've ever seen.


As I lay here I simply wonder, will I make it out of here and be able to see you for another day?.. Will I see your children and give a kiss to my beloved Nightlight once again? But in the end, all that matters is your joy, my dearest Twilight. You've grown so much, and I wish I was there every step of the way, but I can rest in peace knowing every step you took was brave and confident.

I know it's hard for you to visit me, it's hard for even Shining to make time. You all are so very busy, and sometimes I lay awake at night thinking you might be hurt, but I know those blessed friends of yours are keeping you safe. Only for a little while was it my job to watch over you, which pains me, I've given you up so many times. But I love you more than anything.

I wouldn't change a thing about you my dear Twilight, I would never change the past even if some nights I sat crying alone wondering where my little foal could be, wondering where my little boy was, but you're both out making me more proud than you ever could have. Even though in the past couple years our words have been short, the bond shall never break.

Sometimes I just want to embrace you and tell you how much you mean to me, how every little precious step of the way I felt my heart tearing from pride and sorrow. Tears have been cried out of joy and pain. The bonding of my son and the princess I highly respected made me break, and simply so did you wearing a crown and proving you were Twilight Sparkle, even if I knew for a fact most ponies saw you as a brilliant young mare.

Though, at times you'll come across ponies and creatures alike who have no hope, but you of all ponies are the one to find the best throughout it all, I know you can. Each person who has harmed you eventually realizes you are a good pony. You always have been. You always will be.


You aren't perfect, I'll be the first to tell you that, but you are someone who has been through the rough and knows how hard life can be. That's admirable. I never could have asked for a better daughter, cheesy I know, aha... but I thought I should explain how I feel before I take my last breathe.


It it's certain fate will take me away from you, I promise those who have always been protecting you always will, you'll protect yourself. You're strong, and you have my name, and you will prove the Twilights are strong, independent, and kind-hearted mares. If anything, you're all that and more, you always will be what you want if you put your mind to it.


I do not fear death, because I know in the end you'll be safe. You'll have your rough days, but then more than ever I can guide you. Hold my hoof dearest daughter, and together we can face the hardships of the world together. Promise me you won't leave me?.. Promise me you'll stay safe?


I know you'd be willing to lay your life down for everyone. You are like that. And I know for certain I'd do the same for you, always. I'm sorry I wasn't there, I know you saw Celestia as more as a motherly figure than I, which is alright, your care is enough. I always hoped one day we'd make a greater connection, even if we did have our moments, I knew I couldn't fix lost time. If I truly wanted to, I would do anything to do so, but it seems my clock is running out.


I'm growing weak, tired, and I'm no longer able to walk. Your father is taking good care of me, like he always has, he'll be living alone if I pass. Promise me you'll visit the man?.. Or you'll invite him to live with you? I can't stand the thought of him alone here, without another voice.

I don't know what to do, every pony has tried countless spells to try and heal me, but I've finally accepted my fate, and I will face death head on. I've always tried to be tough like that, even though countless times it failed, but no use in not trying, right?.. You're my everything my light, my hope, my being. You are my flesh and blood, and I'm proud of you, even if you hadn't done half the things you did, I would never stop being proud.

My daughter,

you are my light, my tears before death, and the hugs I yearn for, and the past I wish I could make up and save. If I could re-live it all just to see your smile again each time you achieved your dreams, I would. I always-always would. I would never frown, and I would appreciate the gift you have, and that you will always have. I'm sorry I won't be here to see you get married or have a foal, but that does not mean I won't be in your heart as will you be in mine.

I love you.

- Your loving mother, Twilight Velvet.

Author's Note:

i know this is really short, but this is a quick thing i did, nothing too important. i'm going through rough times, so i wrote this, twilight velvet deserves more love so i wrote this. :twilightsmile:

Comments ( 19 )

Beautiful...

9402432
I always enjoy a bittersweet story like that. Now, it gave me the inspiration to start writing a Cinch fic of the same tone.

9402437
ooo, once you write it pm me a link and i'll check it out

9402449
Once the third chapter is written. ;)

Beautiful story. Reminds me of those I've seen pass on

9402519
I guess the message of this story is to cherish those close to you. You'll never know when they'll be gone until it's too late to say how much they meant to you.

I applaud you for a story well written. And not only is the cover photo perfect for the story your thumbnail pic for your name fits the feeling as well.

This has been an amazing read, sad, yet heartwarming, striking close to the heart with motherly love. Noticed a typo or two that broke me outta the atmosphere momentarily, but luckily always managed to get back on track. Thank you for this story!

Dang... The feels are real.

All aboard the feels train... :fluttercry::raritycry::pinkiesad2::ajsleepy::applecry:

i miss my mother i didnt even get a chance to tell her i love her one last time...

9713222
oh, i'm so sorry. i understand the feeling a lot, condolences to you. i hope everything is okay.❤

9713225
i'm fine, I'm sorry. That just... hit way too close to home for me.

My mother had been sick for a while (and steadily getting worse) and due to circumstances (re: being broke as fuck), I wasn't able to get up to see her as often as I liked. I should have written her more, before she got too sick to read on her own. I am... going to stop now before I guilt myself to destruction...

She passed in March 2016, three months after my Dad died. It's never stopped hurting.

9713233
that must've been terrible, i don't mean to pity. but, really, i'm so sorry that happened to you... mothers are really important, and losing both must've stung. i don't know your life or emotions, but that must've been such a rocky experience, and losing both parents? that's so bad. i hope you find yourself in a nice good place, losing a loved one is very hard to go through. i don't mind you telling your story at all. you should've been able to at least say goodbye.

sorry to keep saying 'i hope', but i truly do mean it, i hope you find peace. nobody should go through this.

9713240
God bless you, Bubble.

9713314
willing to help anytime. hope you find your peace, again. ❤

Login or register to comment