• Published 17th Jan 2019
  • 4,171 Views, 113 Comments

Apple Bloom, Harbinger of Darkness - Equimorto



Having discovered the true nature of Apple Bloom's origins, Luna decided it was necessary to take action in order to prevent the potential consequences. Things did not go too well from there.

  • ...
7
 113
 4,171

Now What?

"So you're like a demon or something?"

"I guess, yeah."

"And are you stuck like that? Forever?"

"We haven't found a way to change me back yet, and I can't do it on my own, so it seems like I am."

"Oh."

Scootaloo toyed with her glass, as Sweetie Belle took another bite out of her aubergines. The three sat there silently for a bit, looking at the table.

"Is it a problem?" the unicorn finally asked.

"Well, Luna says I'm an evil monster who will overthrow Celestia one day and we need to find a cure as soon as possible." Apple Bloom rested her chin on her hooves. "But I don't really feel any different. Just a little taller."

"Hmm. That's good to know." Sweetie Belle took another bite. "Your mane's really pretty, you know?"

Apple Bloom ran a hoof through her ethereal and star-filled mane. "It is."

Another brief pause filled with silence.

"Hey, did you like... get any powers or something?" Scootaloo said after a moment of hesitation, looking up at Apple Bloom.

"Not that I know of." Applejack's not-yet-mother looked down to the table, then her face lit up. "Wanna go outside and try to find out?"

The other two fillies lit up as well, and smiled to her. After a brief look between each other, they quickly finished their food and got up. "Sure!" they answered together.

Apple Bloom got up as well, and walked out with them.

In the adjacent room, Big Mac took a deep breath and swallowed. "Applejack? Why does our sister look like Nightmare Moon?"

Applejack took an equally deep breath. She sat down in front of him, hat held in her hooves, and looked at him. Then she pointed at the jewel hanging around her neck. "You know what this is, right?"

He nodded.

"And do you think I'd be able to lie about something so important and make up a barely believable story while wearing it without there being any consequences?" she asked.

Big Mac took a moment to reflect, then shook his head.

"Good." Applejack took another deep breath, then began to speak. "She's not our sister, technically, though you already knew that. Let me rephrase." She swallowed and put her hat back on. "She’s not a normal pony. She was created by Nightmare Moon to defeat Celestia, and sent here from the Moon in that meteor that caused the train crash. There were no parents to find. When Luna remembered about it she called us to Canterlot so we could purge her of her inner darkness with the Elements of Harmony. To do so, Luna had to first awaken that darkness, which caused her transformation. Unfortunately, the Elements proved ineffective, and now we have to find another way to fix things. Also, she's my mother in the future. Cadence and Celestia once did drugs and time travel. I'm technically Twilight's half-sister as well."

Big Mac looked at her, and at the Element of Honesty she was wearing. "Well, now we know why we found you in a basket made of gold." He collapsed to the side with a dull thud.

Applejack grabbed him and put him to rest on the sofa.

"Do you think he'll be alright?" Fluttershy asked.

"Yeah." Applejack turned around. "Now let's-Hey wait a minute!" She pointed at Pinkie. "Shouldn't you be keeping an eye on Apple Bloom?"

"Oh, don't worry, I left her with Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo," the pink pony replied.

Outside of the house came a bang, and the room trembled.

Pinkie rubbed the back of her neck. "Oops."

Applejack growled and ran out of the room, followed by the other two ponies.

"That was awesome!" Scootaloo ran circles around the tall black nightmarish creature, her small and possibly atrophic wings excitedly buzzing but still unable to lift her body off of the ground.

Apple Bloom rubbed the back of her neck. "Yeah, I guess it was pretty cool."

"Can you do it again? Can you? Can you?" Scootaloo excitedly bounced in front of the creature.

"I'm not sure actually. I don't really know how I did it."

"Well, that's for the better," Sweetie Belle said, fixing her now extremely messy mane. "And please warn us next time."

Scootaloo pouted.

"What's going on here?" Applejack shouted as she exited the house. "What are you three up to?"

"Oh my!" Fluttershy covered her mouth as she noticed what was on the ground in front of the house's wall.

Applejack turned towards what the pegasus was looking at. "What?" she exclaimed, "What is that?"

"Oh silly Applejack!" Pinkie gave her an affectionate pat on the shoulder. "It's a hole!"

"I can see that!" Applejack shouted, "How did it get there is the question!" She turned towards the two fillies and the being created by Nightmare Moon to overthrow Celestia who would also one day be brought back in time to give birth to her, who smiled awkwardly. "And how deep is this thing anyway?" she said, turning back towards the large hole left in the ground.

"Oh, I'll check!" Pinkie jumped into the hole.

"Pinkie, wait!" Applejack called, trying to catch her, but it was already too late.

Before anypony could stop her, Pinkie was already falling down the hole, yelling a prolonged "Wheeeeeeeeeee..."

Applejack and Fluttershy leaned in to the edge of the hole.

"What's that mare thinking?" the first asked.

"...eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..."

"I don't know," the other replied.

"...eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..."

The two leaned even closer.

"Pinkie?" Applejack called.

"Whew, that's deep!" answered the pink pony from behind her.

Applejack jumped back with a yell, and was thankfully caught by Fluttershy before she could fall in the hole. "How..." she tried to ask.

"I didn't find the end, though I think there were already some natural tunnels and galleries there and the hole ended up leading into into them." She put her hooves inside her mane. "But I did find this!" she said, taking out a clothed white rabbit with a pocket watch.

Applejack, now back on the ground, scratched her head, then headed towards the three responsible for the hole. "What did you do?" she asked.

Apple Bloom gulped. "Well, you see, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo wanted to see if my new transformation gave me any special powers or something, so we went out and tried and..."

"And?" Applejack raised an eyebrow, an unamused expression on her face.

Apple Bloom pointed at the hole behind her daughter. "That."

Applejack kept staring at the three.

"...Sorry?" Apple Bloom tried.

"Go back inside, we'll have a talk later."

Apple Bloom began to walk back inside, head held low.

"Well, if that's all then we-"

"You stop right there, don't think I'm letting you get away when it's your fault too!"

Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle stopped in their tracks and turned back towards Applejack.

"We're sorry," Scootaloo said, walking back towards the farm.

"It was her idea!" Sweetie Belle raised a hoof and pointed at the orange pegasus.

"Hey, what?" Scootaloo turned towards her. "Then why didn't you stop us, huh?"

"Well I would have, but-"

"Silence!"

The two fillies gulped and looked back at Applejack.

"We... We're sorry," they said together.

Applejack walked up to them. "Look, I get that you were just trying to have fun, but this is a serious issue. We don't know what will happen to Apple Bloom now that she's like this, we need to be careful. Somepony might get hurt if we aren't. Understood?"

The two looked up and nodded.

"Good." Applejack smiled.

"So we're free to go then?" Scootaloo asked.

"Of course."

"Are you sure you don't need help patching up that hole?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"No, I don't want you two to get in danger, I'll ask Mac to help me once he wakes up."

"So we can go, right?"

"Of course you can, just promise you won't ask Apple Bloom to blow up anything else in the future, okay?" Applejack smiled.

The two fillies smiled and nodded, then began to excitedly run away.

"I'll be telling about it to your parents," Applejack said behind them.

The two stopped and grimaced, looking at each other, then began to walk away at a slower pace.

Applejack smiled as she watched them walk away.

"Um, Applejack?"

"What is it, Fluttershy?" Applejack asked, still looking at the two fillies.

"Well, I don't want to alarm you, but, uh, you see, I think you should, I mean-"

"Hi Apple Bloom!" Pinkie cheerfully exclaimed, waving towards a point behind and above Applejack.

The orange pony turned around, to find that the pony in question was walking on top of her house's roof. "Apple Bloom! What are you doing there? Get down here immediately!" she yelled.

Apple Bloom looked down towards her. "No."

"What?"

"I said no," Apple Bloom replied.

Applejack took on an angry frown. "Listen here. As your-"

"As my what? As my daughter? I should be the one telling you you're grounded!" Apple Bloom sat down and pouted in Applejack's direction. "I'm not moving from here until I decide to."

"That filly!" Applejack muttered to herself.

"Well she does have a point," Pinkie said, rubbing her chin.

Applejack sighed. "Pinkie, please, this is really not the time."

"Apple Bloom, you should get down, you might get hurt," Fluttershy tentatively said, lifting herself upwards with her wings just a bit.

Apple Bloom looked at her. "I was built to fight Celestia, I'm pretty sure I won't get hurt by staying on top of a roof."

"Oh, well, I guess if you put it like that you do have a point." The pegasus went back to the ground and remained silent afterwards.

"Oh not you too! Apple Bloom, listen to me!"

Apple Bloom laid down and turned her head away from Applejack.

Applejack growled. "Fine!" She began to walk towards the barn.

"Are you giving up?" Pinkie asked.

"I'm getting the ladder."