• Published 12th Jan 2019
  • 7,766 Views, 1,071 Comments

Undead Robot Bug Crusaders: Unusual Lives - Banjo64



The continuing misadventures of the Undead Robot Bug Crusaders

  • ...
9
 1,071
 7,766

Chapter 6.5: Babs, Your Situation Bites

Babs Seed let out a sigh of contentment and leaned back in her chair. Finally, her homework was done. Now she was free to…

*Squeak*

Babs’ ear pointed towards the sudden noise, but she made no other indicator that she’d heard that sound.

She was free to enjoy the rest of her afternoon. Maybe she’d read that new issue of Batmare. Or maybe she’d…

*Squeak*

Babs’ eye twitched, but she continued to ignore the noise.

Maybe she’d head out to the roller rink again. That was fun last time she visited. And it’d give her an excuse to get…

*Squeak*

Babs let out a growl.

It’d give her an excuse to get away from her family constantly trying to prove she was cursed.

*Squeak*

“Would ya knock that off?!” cried Babs as she turned towards the door.

Her mother only smirked.

“Oh? Is this distractin’ ya? Don’t ya just want to reach out and bite it?” taunted Babs’ mom.

Babs glared back.

“It’s a buckin’ chew toy! No, Ah don’t wanna put that thing in mah mouth!” cried Babs.

Babs’ mom just gave the chew toy another squeeze.

*Squeak*

“Ah dunno. It seems to have caught your attention pretty well. And didn’t Ah hear ya growl a bit ago?” asked Babs’ mom.

Despite herself, Babs let out another growl. She was so sick of this.

“Just throw it away, ma. Ah ain’t a werewolf, or a weredog, or a timberpony, or whatever they hay you’re runnin’ with this time,” said Babs.

“Yeah ma, seriously. Ya know your wastin’ your time,” called Babs’ sister from the hallway.

“Funny, Ah don’t recall vampires bein’ distracted by a doggie toy,” Babs’ mother countered.

Bab’s sister made her way over to join them and gave her mother a smirk.

Ah’m findin’ it distractin’. That thing squeaks louder than rubber boots. Face it ma, that toy don’t prove nothin’,” said Babs’ sister.

“Seriously,” added Babs.

“Now if ya really want to get a reaction out of her, ya need to use some garlic,” said Babs’ sister.

Babs slammed a hoof on her desk in frustration.

“Ah like garlic! Ah ain’t a vampire! You two have done nothin’ but torment me over this since Ah got home from that first trip to Ponyville! What the hay do Ah have to do to get ya to leave me alone?!” demanded.

“Just admit you’re a werewolf so Ah win the bet,” answered Babs’ mom.

“Just admit you’re a vampire so Ah win the bet,” answered Babs’ sister.

Babs just looked at her family in disbelief.

“What the hay did you two bet that’d be worth this much effort?” asked Babs.

“Somethin’ that ain’t no business for a young filly like you. Now give: vampire or werewolf?” said Babs’ mom.

Babs facehooved. This was the last straw.

“Alright, fine. Ah’m a vampire that turns into a werewolf every full moon. Ah’m also a merpony when Ah get wet, mah grandfather was a demon, and durin’ hot summer days Ah melt into a puddle of slime. Oh, and apparently mah ma and sis are heartless monsters who can’t take a hint and bug off!” cried Babs.

Her family just raised their eyebrows.

“Geez, no need to whine about it,” said Babs’ sister.

“Ah’ve already tried everythin’ else short of lashin’ out! And I’m this close to just sluggin’ ya both! Now if ya don’t mind, Ah’m out of here before Ah do somethin’ Ah regret!” announced Babs.

Babs snatched her allowance and shoved her way out the door.

“Ah didn’t teach ya to talk like that,” chided Babs’ mom.

“No, ya just keep givin’ me a reason to,” countered Babs as she made her way to the front door.

Babs opened the door, stepped outside, and slammed the door behind here with all the strength she could manage. Fortunately, said door was designed for earth ponies, so while it was loud, it didn’t break from Babs’ anger.

Unfortunately, it did little to stop her from hearing her family continue to talk through an open window.

“Such a temper. Yeah, she’s definitely cursed,” said Babs’ sister.

“Yep. Ah can see the wolf in that filly,” added Babs’ mom.


Manehattan was nothing like Ponyville. Monster attacks and massive property damage rarely happened.

Wails of anguish, on the other hoof, happened on a daily basis. Usually near one of the casinos, but they could come from anywhere.

The citizens of Manehattan paused as a familiar loud scream pierced the air. While everypony in the city noticed it, most just rolled their eyes and continued on their way. That was the seventh scream of despair this week, and the third from that particular filly. It was nothing really worth taking note of.


Babs Seed sighed as she sipped her milkshake. She’d finally decided to just spend her bits on some sugar to dull the pain. Dull it, yes, but not remove it entirely.

“Ah swear, it’s like they only live to torment me,” grumbled Babs as she watched ponies pass the ice cream shop.

She knew that some would say that such sentiments were natural. Families argued and got on each other’s nerves all the time. But this was just too much for her. No matter how many times she disproved them both, they insisted on tormenting her to “confess” to her secret.

For buck’s sake, It wasn’t like she had any idea what said secret even was. How the hay was she supposed to tell her family if she didn’t know herself?

The yellow eyed filly let out another sigh.

“Stupid time spider. You’re going to torment for the rest of my life, ain’t ya?” mumbled Babs.

Alas, the time spider in question failed to magically appear in front of her so she could squish it. What a shame.

Almost as big a shame as the fact that she was going to have to head back home and face her tormentors again.

Was there anything she could do to get them to stop testing her for vampire or werewolf traits? Or maybe she was looking at this the wrong way. After all, they were expecting her to prove she was a monster, so maybe she should...

A lightbulb went on above Bab’s head.


Babs permitted herself a smile as she looked upon the fruit of her efforts. She was going to be in so much trouble, but it was going to be totally worth it.

“Ah can’t believe ya did that!” cried Babs’ sister as she cradled her leg.

“What kind of pony bites somepony else?! Ah sure as hay didn’t teach ya that!” added Babs’ mom.

“Ah dunno. Maybe a vampire or werewolf would?” said Babs Seed.

That got her family to pause.

“So, what the verdict? Ether of ya feel like howling yet? Or maybe thirsty for something red and sticky? Or, ya know, Ah might just be a normal pony and ya both pushed me to bitin’ ya to prove it. Now either start growin’ fangs, bat or wolf, or leave me the buck alone,” said Babs.

Babs turned and made her way to her room with a smirk. There was no possible way they could keep this stupid argument going now.

“Oh no… Ah feel mighty thirsty now…” said Babs’ sister.

Babs paused. No. No, there was no way they were going to…

“Mah coat! It’s gettin’ thicker! Almost like wolf fur!” cried Babs’ mother.

Babs’ eye began to twitch.

“You’re just ruffin’ up your coat with your hoof. But Ah really am cravin’ blood,” said Babs’ sister.

“Pah. Ya just want tomato juice. Ah think Ah can smell it in the fridge from here. Mah sense of smell must be gettin’ better. Like a wolf,” said Babs’ mom.


The city of Manehattan was graced with another loud wail of agony.

Author's Note:

Nice try Babs, but you're going to have to try a little harder than that to save your sanity.

I'd say I feel sorry for her, but she's not the only filly having family troubles in Equestria...