• Published 12th Jan 2019
  • 240 Views, 5 Comments

StallionForce - Dashie04



An ambitious stallion by the name of Hoofman Li wants to create a band. Already being in one, he, and three others, split off and create their own.

  • ...
 5
 240

Chapter Six: Dude, We’re Getting the Band Back Together!

PonyHeart return from their tour and go back to their studio. Meanwhile, ZP lingers outside.

“Diccon was a nice stallion, it’s such a shame he’s out of commission.” Vadim says, setting up his keyboard again.

“I’m never gonna do that,” Sam states,”I’m sticking with you guys, and I know it’s going to get tough, but I’ll pull through.”

“So, first order of buisness,” Hoofman says,”we get a new bassist and drummer, secondly, we expand the demo to 9 songs and release an album.”

“Well, you see, Noise would have to approve of it. We also have no producer here that I know of, so we have no clue what they’d do with the songs when they accepted them.” Sam leans his guitar on an amp.

Though Vadim says nothing, he shifts his eyes, indicating that he produces.

ZP trots in, his voice hoarser than ever. “I wish I could help, but I don’t know any ponies that play bass and drums.”

“Let’s just write out an ad for a bassist and drummer.” Hoofman heads over to the typewriter to type.


A while later, PonyHeart having not met up for a while due to them having no reason to, Hoofman gets some responses. He writes a letter to everypony telling them where to meet him, including the other two that he received responses from. A couple days later, they meet up.

“OK, I got two ponies, I notified them to meet us here,” Hoofman says.

“Nice, let’s hope we don’t get a sociopath, not like that’s ever happened before,” Sam snarks.

With everypony taking various positions around the room, they get their first arrival.

A white earth pony steps in. He has reasonable girth, and a long brown mane. Which is, of course, concealed by a blue backwards cap, which poorly hides his receding hairline.

“Are you the bassist? You look like a bassist,” Sam says.

“Actually,” the newcomer says,”I’m the drummer, my name is Dave Macintosh. I met the bassist out there, he’s a little insufferable. I am in the right place correct?”

“You see three ponies with guitars, a keybord, and long manes, and you immediately don’t think we’re a Metal band?” Sam asks.

“Right, looks like I was a little stupid, which one of you is the lead singer by the way?” Dave walks further into the room.

“Actually, he’s standing in the shadows, don’t judge, or we deny your spot.” Hoofman goads towards ZP to step out.

ZP anxiously steps into the light.

“He’s the lead singer,” Hoofman says.

“Nice mohawk,” Dave says.

ZP sheepishly smiles when the next stallion walks in. He is a tan unicorn with a long blond mane. He has a pair of glasses that sit haphazardly on his nose, and a goatee.

“Dave patted me on the back when I got in here, had to find my glasses, and Celestia knows I’m blind as a parasprite without them...” he trails off, mumbling.

“So you’re the bassist,” Hoofman says,”what’s your name?”

“I’m Adrian Lambert, PhD. I picked up bass about 15 years ago and quickly learned how to not use a pick as I played to Prog. Metal like Dream Projector. I attempted to play for Biomech, but this is truely my first band, and I am honored to be here.”

“Dear Celestia Adrian, we asked for a name, not a novel.” Sam snarks,”Anyways, welcome, both of you to PonyHeart!”

“That’s a shitty name,” Dave says.

“Yeah, there’s no meaning behind it, it’s just a generic Power Metal name. I prefer my bands to have significant meanings behind them.” Adrian says, fixing his glasses.

“What better do you have?” Hoofman asks.

“StallionForce, it sounds cooler, and I’d much prefer it, Dave says.

“Plus, it also signifies the constant struggle we stallions have in this Matriarchal society, and that as stallions we must force our way to the top.”

The room goes silent for a moment, when Sam whispers,”That’s bullshit.”

“Complete bullshit,” concedes Hoofman.

“See what I told you?” Dave says.

“Anyways, welcome to StallionForce, we are going to record some albums. Just, we might want to wait a few weeks or so.” Hoofman says.

Author's Note:

So hey! First time I’ve uploaded for //squints// a millennium.

This is a setup chapter, also known as my excuse to not listen to the rest of Valley of the Damned right now.

Also, Adrian is completely off-base from how he is IRL. IRL, he doesn’t wear glasses, and has no PhD. The thing about him not playing with a pick is true. As is the fact that DragonForce was his first band.

Also, did you get the reference ;).

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment