• Published 25th Jan 2019
  • 5,941 Views, 828 Comments

Oh no, they're Goddesses now! - James Pwyll



What would you do if you were all-powerful? Probably whatever you wanted.

  • ...
16
 828
 5,941

No? What's a 'no'?

"Hey, Aria?"

"Yeah, Sonata?"

"You know how most guys usually leap at the chance to...you know...do the stuff we normally do with guys?"

Aria chuckled darkly.

"Yeah, I know."

Sonata hesitated, but only for a moment.

"Well...what does it mean if one of them says 'no' after I ask about it?"

Slowly, Aria raised an eyebrow to her.

"What do you mean? Haven't you ever had someone say that to you before?"

Sonata frowned.

"Of course not! I mean, have you looked at me?!"

Aria rolled her eyes, though there was no question that Sonata had a point on that one. Both of the sisters were, it had to be said, extraordinarily beautiful. But then again, what would anyone expect from the sisters of the Goddess of Lust? And like Adagio herself, they too were like mermaids in their appearance, with Aria's tail being a dark purple, while Sonata's was a dark blue, which complimented their respective lighter skin tones well. Currently, the two sisters were lazily reclining against the rocks of a shoreline, not too far from a mortal village, though those who dwelt in that latter place had no idea that two of the divine were down here. But getting back to Sonata's earlier point, Aria grumbled for a bit before finally addressing her.

"Look, it's just something that's going to happen sometimes. Not every human is gonna be in the mood for...that stuff."

Sonata blinked as though that were the most bewildering statement she'd ever heard.

"That...makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever!"

Aria chuckled again.

"To be fair, Sonata, a lot of things don't make sense to you!"

Sonata frowned to that, her cheeks puffing up slightly as she did so, but before she had the chance to say anything, Aria beat her to the punch.

"So, who was this guy who turned you down? Might wanna go and thank him."

Sonata's eyes widened.

"What?! What for?!"

Aria smirked to her.

"Anyone who gives you this much of a puzzled day has my respect!"

Though still irritated, Sonata sighed, folding her arms and leaning back against her rock, which was warmed by the heat of the sunny sky above.

"His name was Timber. Or...was it Timmy? Either way, he was walking along the shore the other day, looking like he'd come a really long way too. And I saw him and, you know, felt like having a bit of fun with him."

Aria rolled her eyes again.

"Like you do," she commented.

Ignoring her, Sonata continued.

"So I swam up to him, said 'hi', and at first he seemed really friendly. Then, for no reason, as soon as I told him I was a Goddess, he just looked at me like he'd just seen a ghost."

She grumbled.

"He said all the usual polite stuff about how 'he had someplace to be', or how he 'didn't think it was a good idea' and blah, blah, blah!"

Sonata looked back to Aria.

"But I wasn't gonna take 'no' for an answer!"

Aria released a dry chortle.

"Yeah, I'm definitely getting that feeling from you today."

Again, Sonata ignored her.

"So I used my power, dragged him back to the water, and then poof, I gave him his punishment."

Here, at long last, Aria actually started to feel some curiosity, and scooted over a bit closer to her sister.

"Oh yeah? What did you do?"

Looking like a mischievous child all of a sudden, Sonata didn't answer immediately. Instead, she reached over to the other side, where Aria couldn't see, and rummaged around in the water surrounding her. Then, she pulled something out, then showed it to her sister.

"Ta-da!" Sonata declared proudly.

There, in the palm of her hand, was a small shrimp. Now, Aria had no idea what this was all about, at least at first, but as she glanced closer to this unassuming sea creature, she began to notice that it had, of all things, a tiny tuft of green hair on top of its head. Understanding came to her, and her eyes widened as she slowly looked up to her very proud-of-herself-looking sister.

"You...turned him into a shrimp?"

Sonata beamed.

"Yep! Won't be saying 'no' to anyone now, will he?"

Slowly, Aria raised her hands to her head, rubbing her temples.

"Sonata...you know the rules about punishing mortals!"

Sonata nodded.

"I do know the rules! Only do it if they've done something bad, right?"

Aria muttered under her breath before speaking properly to her sibling.

"Yes, that is the rule...and I'm fairly certain that turning you down for a tussle in your bed doesn't qualify as 'something bad', Sonata!"

The other Goddess scoffed at that notion.

"Well I certainly thought it was bad!"

Aria buried her face in her hands for a time.

"If Adagio hears about this, you know she's gonna be on your case about it! After all the complaints she's had from all those higher-up Goddesses, this is the last thing she needs right now!"

Sonata nodded, thinking on that.

"Oh...right. Guess I should turn him back then?"

Aria, bemused by her sister's rather obvious suggestion, sighed briefly.

"Yeah..."

Then, after a few moments of dwelling on that thought, the older sister looked to her younger again.

"Wait...did you say his name was Timber"

Sonata pondered that for a moment.

"Yep. I mean, I think that was his name. I don't really pay much attention when I'm trying to...you know."

Aria felt annoyance, but squashed it down for the time being.

"Was he wearing this greyish-brownish small hat thing on his head?"

Sonata tapped her chin as she considered that.

"Er...yeah! I think he did!"

Hearing that, Aria slapped her own forehead.

"Oh geez!"

Realising that something was up, Sonata swam a bit closer to her sister.

"What's wrong?"

Aria, after letting out a tired-sounding sigh, began to explain.

"Okay, you see...a while back, I heard Adagio talking about this one guy who annoyed her by dumping some litter into the ocean."

Sonata gasped.

"Monster!"

Aria nodded.

"Oh, totally. I mean who does that?!"

She cleared her throat.

"Anyway, after I heard about it, I decided to follow the guy after he hit the mainland, and I saw him walking along the coast, and I just needed to make sure he'd learned the lesson."

Sonata tilted her head.

"And...did he?"

Aria snorted like that was the funniest thing anyone had ever asked her.

"He's a mortal! They never learn their lessons!"

Sonata sighed.

"Yeah, no argument here."

Looking away from her, Aria got back to her story.

"So this guy, Timber, he'd barely walked a mile before deciding to pull the same shtick again. Ate some food, then threw the rest into the water."

She frowned.

"I guess he figured he'd be safe if wasn't actually in the sea this time."

Slowly, Sonata smirked.

"That was a mistake."

Aria matched her expression.

"Oh yeah. So I rose out of the water, he saw me, and then immediately knew what was gonna happen. But I didn't want to hear any apologies or grovelling, so just dealt with him right then and there."

Sonata now seemed more eager than ever to hear the rest.

"And? What did you do?"

Here though, Aria seemed less enthusiastic about her story.

"Well...um...I turned him into a shrimp."

Sonata blinked.

"...You turned him into a shrimp?"

Aria nodded.

"Yeah. I figured it'd be appropriate. You know, make him live as one of the things who live in the place he threw his litter in? I mean, I turned him back after a while, but still..."

"Oh, yeah, totally appropriate, but how weird is it that we both thought shrimpification was a good idea?" Sonata responded

Aria guffawed at that.

"Hey, family think alike, I guess."

The two shared a laugh, but it was short-lived, as they now once more drew their attention to the shrimp in Sonata's hand.

"Guess being tuned into this thing twice was punishment enough?"

Aria sighed.

"Yeah, yeah. Alright, turn him back."

Sonata seemed disappointed that her own inflicting of punishment wasn't going to last as long as she'd hoped, and she promptly snapped her fingers. There was a flash of light, and when it died down, the shrimp was suddenly gone. The two looked around briefly, wondering where the guy had gone to, but their confusion didn't last long. For just a few feet away, the water broke, revealing a very exhausted-looking Timber as he struggled to claw his way out of the sea and onto the land.

"Oh my Gods! All that time and all I could think of was eating plankton all day!"

Then, he realised he was not alone, and turned to the two nearby Goddesses. They gave him a knowing wave, and his eyes widened with horror, causing him to scream at the top of his lungs as he scrambled out of the sea proper. The two sisters watched as he now ran off for the village, crying out all the way, until he was finally too far to be seen. After a long silence though, Aria leaned over and whispered to her younger sibling.

"So...did you mean to bring him back with no clothes?"

Sonata looked to her, her expression one of both mischievousness and sultriness.

"Hey, just because we're letting the guy go doesn't mean I'm not getting my look-in before he's gone."

Aria shook her head, though continued to look amused by the words.

"Oh, Sonata...Adagio would be so proud."