• Published 25th Jan 2019
  • 5,937 Views, 828 Comments

Oh no, they're Goddesses now! - James Pwyll



What would you do if you were all-powerful? Probably whatever you wanted.

  • ...
16
 828
 5,937

Let the kids have their fun

"Ah! Now this is the life!"

Now, most people would find it rather unusual to see a dog talking. They would also find it unusual to see said dog as being purple and green in its colouring. Yet here was one who was both, casually lounging on a grassy hill under the bright and warm rays of the sun. A gentle breeze flowed across the land, and it was all-in-all a perfect time to simply lay down and enjoy a nice rest. The small dog smiled fondly to its current calm and relaxing state, turning from one side to the other until it finally found just the right spot. Chuckling, he sighed soon afterwards.

"Of all the perks of getting to do whatever you want, this has got to be my favourite!"

He yawned loudly, his eyelids closing slowly as he finally allowed the comfort of this moment to wash over him. Unfortunately, it appeared as though his time of peace and quiet was not to be, as he had barely closed his eyes for a minute before he started to hear, of all things, a giggle. Now feeling slightly nervous, the tiny canine cracked one eye open, and when he did, he soon saw, to his shock, that he was no longer alone. There was a girl, bearing pink and purple hair, lying belly-down on the grass beside him, chin resting on folded arms as her legs swayed back and forth behind her. She smiled sweetly to him, reaching forward and giving him a quick pat on his head.

"Awww! What a cute little doggie!"

Blushing slightly, the dog turned over to the other side, only to find his would-be escape route cut-off. For there was a second girl, with short cerise hair, lying down on her side, looking to the diminutive creature with a slight smirk.

"Pretty neat we found him out here, all by himself, nobody to look out for him, eh Sweetie?"

Gulping, the dog scrambled onto all four of his paws, ready to head straight up the hill, only to find that, yet again, his path away from this growing audience was blocked. There was a third girl there, kneeling before him, with long red hair, smiling as if amused at the sight of him.

"Say...whadda y'all say we take him home with us?"

Sweetie, now sitting upright, clapped her hands.

"Ooooh! That would be delightful!"

Scootaloo chortled.

"It would! And hey..."

From behind her back, she produced, to the dog's horror, a leash, complete with a collar dangling off the end of it.

"...I've even got the right thing to bring him with us."

Things had finally gotten to be too much for the youngster, and he ultimately let out a groan.

"Ugh! Alright! Alright!"

There was a sudden "poof" sound, and after a brief explosion of mist, there was no longer a dog sitting in that spot. Instead, there was a young boy, looking just shy of the age of the three girls around him, who now sat cross-legged and looking rather grumpy.

"Can't you three see I was trying to have some alone time?"

Sweetie, who apparently was not put off by his demeanour in the slightest, giggled again before leaning closer, wrapping her arms around him in a tight hug while rubbing her cheek against his.

"But Spiiiiiiiiike! How could we ignore a cutesy-wootsy little puppy like that?"

The adorable embrace prompted the expected fierce blush from the boy, earning him stifled laughs from the other girls. Scootaloo especially seemed to find great humour in all this.

"Yeah, you know, I think I preferred you as a dog, Spike."

She gave him a sly look.

"I'd have loved to have a collar on you."

Another blush on Spike's part.

"Come on, guys! You're Goddesses! You should be acting more...you know...refined, I guess?"

But Apple Bloom merely waved him off.

"Ah! Goddesses in training, Spike! We ain't got our roles yet!"

She gave a quick frown afterwards.

"An' ah seem ta recall that y'all are training up ta take yer place in the world too. So what are ya doin' down here?"

Sweetie, finally letting go of him, looked to him with genuine curiosity.

"Yeah! Doesn't Twilight normally have you studying about the world and stuff?"

Spike rolled his eyes.

"It's my day off! I wanted to just kick back and relax for once. I can study about proper prayer procedures and granting visions on another day!"

Scootaloo leaned down onto the grass herself, taking a moment to stretch out, complete with a contented sigh.

"Well, you chose a nice place for it. This is real relaxing!"

Spike snickered.

"Yeah, well, I like it when it's sunny like this."

As before, Sweetie lunged forward, embracing the boy, much to the latter's chagrin.

"And best of all, we get to spend it with you, Spikey!"

Spike grumbled, and Apple Bloom smiled to her friend.

"Yer wastin's yer breath, Sweetie. Everyone knows Spike's only got eyes fer yer sister."

Sweetie pouted at this, complete with slightly puffed-up cheeks, and Spike, having had his crush openly announced like this, blushed intensely.

"W...what?! No I don't!"

Scootaloo grinned devilishly to him.

"Oh, don't even try to pretend you don't! We all know about when you tried to turn into a fly to sneak into her workshop the other day!"

The boy looked away.

"I wasn't spying on her! I was...er...just practising my transformation! Yeah, that's it!"

Apple Bloom and Scootaloo were, naturally, unconvinced, but Sweetie actually seemed interested in him after having said that.

"Oh yeah, how are your shape-shifting skills coming?"

Recognising a chance to show off, Spike smirked to her, before standing tall. The three girls watched as he flexed his arms a little, his chest puffed out slightly.

"Behold! As I will now become a fearsome dragon!"

There was another puff of mist, lavender in colour this time, and when it blew away, the three mini-Goddesses saw that their young male friend had indeed turned into a dragon. Alas, this was not one of the great beasts they had pictured, but rather a more diminutive, baby-looking figure which, at best, would have come up to their knees. Spike, by contrast, seemed rather pleased with his change, as evidenced by his current grin.

"Yeah! Pretty sweet, right?"

Apple Bloom and Scootaloo rolled their eyes, but Sweetie's own eyes widened, and she looked to Spike in exactly the same way she did when he was a puppy.

"You're...so...CUTE!!!"

Before Spike could react, he was whisked off the ground by the excited girl, and was once more being tightly hugged.

"What?! I'm not cute! I'm a terrifying, fire-breathing dragon! Fear me!"

But fear was the last thing on Sweetie's mind right now, as she continued to hopelessly fawn over the tiny drake in her arms.

"Oh, I could just hug you forever! And since we're divine, you know I can actually do that!"

That prospect gave Spike no joy whatsoever, and he looked to his over-eager captor with nervousness.

"Er, if you want a pet, I could just ask Fluttershy to conjure you one or something?"

But Sweetie shook her head.

"Why make a pet when we can just have you?"

Spike's eyes widened with dismay, and he turned to the other two for help, only to be met with the terrifying sight of them sharing a knowing grin towards him.

"You know, she's not wrong, Spike," Scootaloo remarked.

Realising he was trapped right now, the young God sighed with defeat.

"You know, one day, maybe I can be free of this."

Giggling, Apple Bloom reached forward, giving him yet another tiny pat on his head.

"Maybe...but that day ain't today, little dragon-boy!"