• Published 6th Aug 2012
  • 3,475 Views, 30 Comments

Operation:Equestrian Assault - SPkon107



War has haunted the UNSC Colony for almost three decades but the Covenant still wants more.

  • ...
17
 30
 3,475

Chapter Nine: Into the hive

Chapter Nine: Into the hive

Location: Outskirts of Canterlot, UNSC Base
Date: October 28, 2552
Time: 4:33 P.M

The destruction of the Covenant Super-carrier spread throughout Equestria and other parts of the world. In Canterlot Humans cheered as the ponies just stared at them wondering why the destruction was good news. Luna heard the news from the base she walked into her room and she began to cry. Twilight walked in.

“Princess why are you crying?”

“We don’t know.”

“I think you’re crying because of him.”

“Well we think these are tears of happiness.”

“I’m sure of it.” Through the intercom.

“Calling Princess Luna and Twilight Sparkle you are needed in the war room.” Luna dried her tears and the two walked to the room where Celestia was with the captain.

“Princess Celestia what are you doing here?”

“Well Twilight I am here to inform the Captain about something.” Luna said.

“What is it sister?”

“There is activity in the Everfree forest beyond the ruins and I wanted to ask the Captain if he can send troops to investigate.” The Captain said.

“We can but we can’t wait until the Spartan returns so I’ll sent an ODST squad to investigate the area.

“Perfect I will send a few of my guards as well and two of my Elements.”

“As you wish. Since you are sending two of your Elements I will inform the squad to protect them at all cost.”

“Do you think they’ll be able to do that.”

“Princess they may not be Spartans but they are well trained soldiers. Trust me a squad of ODSTs are not easy to take out.”

“I see.” The alicorn turned to Twilight. “Twilight I want you and Applejack to join the human’s squad. My group of guards will be led by your brother.”

“Ok.” Luna said.

“And what about us.” The captain said.

“Well 107 and Rainbow Dash destroyed the Super-carrier and they’re still not back. My guess is that they’re in quarantine for now. So I want you to stay until they return.”

“Oh…ok” Celestia said.

“I’ll stay as well to accompany you.”

“Thank you Tia.”

“Ok I’ll gather my Guards."


Thirty minutes later:

The captain was in front of nine ODSTs.

“Listen up! We have activity in the forest and we need you to investigate. The princess will sent nine of her guards as well along with two element so it’s you job to make sure that you protect them with you life.” They all said at the same time.

“SIR YES SIR!”

Name: Kevin Lumeras
Rank: Sergeant-Major
Age: 32

Name: Lilly Hudson
Rank: Warrant Officer Grade 3
Age: 29

Name: Michael Norton
Rank: Warrant Officer Grade 1 (Promoted)
Age: 27

Name: Margaret Harrison
Rank: Corporal (Promoted)
Age: 22

Name: Anthony Gonzalez
Rank: Corporal
Age: 28

Name: Luther Clearwater
Rank: Corporal
Age: 27

Name: Mandy Robinson
Rank: Private First Class
Age: 22

Name: Mathew Kurichi
Rank: Private First Class
Age: 20

Name: Stephanie Garcia
Rank: Private
Age: 19

Location: Orion Defense Station
Date: October 28, 2552
Time: 4:50 P.M

Rainbow Dash was inside the quarantine room waiting for the Spartan but he went to a different room so he could have his armor removed.

“Man what’s taking that human so long? How hard is it to remove armor?” from behind.

“You wouldn’t believe how hard it is to remove Spartan armor.” She turned around as she looked at 107. She never thought she would see him without his suit. His body like any other male Spartan was muscular. 107 is consider a lucky-unlucky Spartan normally when he’s out of his armor when inside a ship or a station. The ships or stations always managed to be attack and he is forced to fight without his armor so that explains his scars on his body. And he’s lucky when it comes to infiltrating a Covenant ship he always leaved with a boom just before he goes with the ship.

“Wow I never knew that…that…”

“You never thought you’ll ever see me armor less.”

“Yeah.”

“Well besides any other Spartan you are the first to see me without armor.”

“Wait? Does that also include the UNSC?”

“Yup.”

“Cool so how long do we have to me here.”

“Not sure.”


Location: Everfree Forest
Date: October 28, 2552
Time: 5:20 P.M

A Pelican flew over the forest until it was about a mile away from the unknown activity. As the Pelican lowered to the ground Kevin said. The princess’s guards will arrive about an hour after the ODSTs arrive into the activity zone.”
“Ok here’s the drill the princess has asked us to check out the area for any Covies. Now if we do find Covenant then we need to find out what they are up to. Luther here has a mini nuke if we need to take out the area then we would.” The ODSTs along with the two Elements walked into the forest they followed a path. Twilight walked close to Michael figuring since he was the only human she know in the group.

“Hey Michael.”

“Hey.”

“Look so far you’re the only human I know in this group so can I stick with you until the mission is over?”

“Sure. Just try to keep up.”

“Thank you…so what do you think is causing all the commotion?”

“I’m not…” he stopped as well as everyone else. Stephanie said.

“What the hell is that think.” He looked at the pony bug like hybrid. Twilight said.

“That’s a…Changeling.” Kevin said.

“A what.”

“A Changeling. We fought them a few months back but…we haven’t heard from them ever since.” Anthony walked up to it he saw that it was dead. He saw the side of it.

“Plasma.” Kevin said.

“Speak up trooper.”

“This thing has been killed by Covies sir. I know plasma damage when I see it.” The rest walked up to the dead Changeling. Michael said.

“Then I think I know the activity is Covenant. Where do things live Twilight?”

“Well they come from a hive and it’s warm so maybe underground.” Kevin said.

“Troopers.” They all looked at him. “From what the mare said I think the Covies are underground and if there are Covies then
I’m sure there are no other than Drones.” Applejack said.

“Drones?”

“Buggers. They live in hives and there homes are always warm.”

“So y’all think these…buggers killed them Changeling…”

“And save them the trouble from building another hive. Yes if I’m right they killed these things off and they just moved in. If
there’s a hive then there’s a queen. Mathew. ”

“Yes sir.”

“Contact the base and tell them that we have a bugger problem.”

“Yes sir.”

“Ok it looks like that the nuke will be in need after all. But first we need to find any Changeling survivors and escort them out.”
Twilight shouted.

“What… buck no!”

“Why?”

“The queen and her subjects attacked Canterlot.”

“Look the Covies are killing them and if these things try to make on us then we’ll kill them ourselves.”

“Are you sure.”

“Yes we are your protector aren’t we?”

“Ok.” A voice came from behind a bush.

“It’s been a while Twilight Sparkle.” The troopers aimed their guns and rifle to the bush. Twilight said.

“Wh…who said that?!” an oversize Changeling walked out with two of her guards.

“Who do you think?”

“The queen. What do you want?”

“My home.” Kevin said.

“So this is the one you were telling us about?”

“Yes.”

“Ok.” He turned to the queen. “Look your home has been invaded by Covies right.”

“You mean those giant bugs.”

“Yes and there called Drones…but it looks like gaining control of the area is impossible.”

“Why is that?”

“They took over your hive. And the only way to get rid of them is with a nuke.”

“A nuke?”

“A powerful bomb that can destroy the entire hive.”

“What…that’s my entire kingdom.”

“Hey we have a job and that is to kill Covies so were placing the bomb rather you want to or no.” he turned to the
ODSTs. “Troopers move into the hive.” He stopped when the queen shouted.

“Then where will my people go this is our only home.” He thought for a moment and he called Lilly

“Lilly.”

“Yes sir.”

“Go to the LZ and stay with her until I return.”

“Roger that.” The group turned their attention to the path. They continued their mission after ten minutes of walking the
ended up in front of a cave. Kevin said.

“Michael.”

“Yes.”

“Check the cave for any activity if the temperature is warm then we found the hive.”

“Yes sir.” Applejack said.

“And I’ll go with you.” The two walked inside the temperature was cooler.

“Temperature seems cooler than warmer.”

“Maybe we just need’a go a bit more deeper.”

“Ok AJ but, we can’t go too far from the group.”

“Ok.” The two continued until Michael stopped.

“Wait.” AJ looked at him.

“Is it me or is it warmer.”

“No it’s warmer alright.”

“So does that mean that we have found…”

“The hive. I pretty sure.”

“I say we take a closer look.”

“Ok but we can’t go too far.”

“Alright.” The two walked until they heard something.

“Wait AJ. Did you hear that?”

“Yeah. What was that?”

“A Drone come on we hav…ahh!” the ODST was tackled buy a Drone. Since AJ is an earth pony she can’t fight like a unicorn
but her armor had her element necklets on it so she is able to turn the magic into a weapon.”

“Hey leave him alone you varmint.” Her chest plate glowed and it fired. The beam burned the Drone’s head killing it instantly. Michael got up and he threw her his pistol.

“You know how to use it.”

“I got basic training with this thing.” They began to hear the enemy coming towards them.

“AJ I need you to get out of her.”

“What no!” he grabbed her and he threw her away from him.

“I’m not giving you a choice. Our mission is to destroy the hive but protecting you is our first priority. Now GO!” he turned as
he saw a few Drones flying towards him. Michael began to shoot his Assault Rifle AJ was frozen as the bugs just grabbed the human and they dragged him into the cave. She snapped out of her frozen state and she ran towards the group. Twilight was sitting down when she heard her famer friend shouting.

“Help…help!”

“Applejack?” she looked as she saw he orange friend running. Margaret said.

“What happen where’s Michael?”

“He was taken by those bus thingy’s while he was trying to keep them away from me.” The Sergeant-Major said.

“What?!”

“You heard me…we have to save him. Nopony gets left behind.”

“She’s right we might as well place the bomb to explode.” They ran into the cave form some reason the drones did not attack
them. She walked until they saw a large hole every personnel begain to crouched to the ground trying to avoid themselves
to be seen. Twilight asked.

“Ok where do you think he is?”

“If I’m right I’m sure that he’s close to the queen. Look.” They saw an oversize Drone sitting in the middle of the cave. AJ said.

“Then what do we do?”

“We fight.”

Location: Orion Defense Station
Date: October 28, 2552
Time: 6:05 P.M

Dan and Rainbow Dash left of the quarantine room. They were sitting at the mess hall Dash ate the vegetables while the human at what his body needed. The captain walked in.

“Spartan.” The Spartan turned then he stood up and he saluted him.

“Yes sir.”

“At ease soldier. Um… we have news from the planet.”

“What happened?”

“A squad of ODSTs and two of the Elements infiltrated a Drone hive.”

“Ok.”

“Problem is they have capture Michael.”

“What?”

“Yes and the by the look of it. It looks like that the squad will not make it out if they don’t get back up soon.”

“Ok I’ll gear up.”

“You know what to do. Sergeant Rainbow Dash.”

“Yes.”

“I want you to go with him so gear up as well and meet me at the drop-pod room.”

“Yes sir.” She ran to the armory to retrieve her armor.


Twenty minutes later.


“Where the hell is that human.” The captain said.

“Patients you pony the MJOLNIR Mark VI Powered Assault Armor is our latest armor for the Spartans so and it’s the latest technology. Because of this armor the Spartans are difficult to defeat.”

“Oh…ok…so are we going to be dropped in those bumble bee life pods?”

“Nope. You’ll be deployed by using the Single Occupant Exoatmospheric Insertion Vehicle or the SOEIV for short. ”

“Cool.” 107 walked in wearing his armor.

“Ready sir.”

“Perfect. Now I want you two to get in the pods this is now a rescue mission.” The two entered the pods. 107 contacted
Rainbow by screen.

“Rainbow you in there?”

“Yup.”

“Good. Except the time we had to evacuate you’re the first pony to use the SOEIV.”

“Yeah well I think it’s because I’m awesome.”

“Say what you want RD but I need to see if you don’t pass out will we are dropping.”

“KK.” Through the intercome.

“Dropping in 60 seconds.”

“You heard her Dash.”

“I’m ready.” The countdown.

“Dropping in three…two…one…” the pods were launched from the station 107 was giving the Pegasus the Intel.

“Ok RD here the deal a squad of ODSTs and two elements have entered a Drone hive. Our mission is to rescue the team and destroy the hive. Rainbow I need you to meet up with the other elements that are with the group.”

“Ok, but who’s with them?”

“Twilight and Applejack.”

“Ok.” The pods just entered the atmosphere.

Location: Canterlot Castle
Date: October 28, 2552
Time: 6:39 P.M

Canterlot Celestia and Luna looked at two balls of fire Luna asked.

“What are those?”

“If I’m right sister I think they’re drop pods.”

“Are you sure.”

“Yes.”

“How do you think the ODSTs are doing in their mission?”

“I’m not sure but I will send my squad in a while. They haven’t contacted me yet and I’m beginning to worry.” Luna walked in
the room and then she walked out with a telescope.

“We think this might us identify what those sky flames ball are.” Celestia looked through the scope.

“It’s a pod.”

“Really?”

“Yes but this one is different from when we were evacuated from the station.”

“Does thy think its Covenant.”

“No because the side of the pod has UNSC written on it.”

“Ok we know that the pods are friendly but where is it heading.” The white alicorn looked into the scope again and she
estimated the landing area.

“I think it’s going to land where the ODSTs are.”

“What does thy think something happened?”

“I’m not sure. Contact the Spartan and ask him if he knows what’s going on.”

“I wish I can but we haven’t heard from him since he arrived back to the station.”

“Just call him ok Lulu.”

“Ok.”

Location: Everfree Forest
Date: October 28, 2552
Time: 6:45 P.M

The pods landed about forty feet away from the entrance of the cave. As the doors popped open Luna contacted Dan.

“Hello Spartan can thy hear us.”

“Spartan here.”

“We see that your able to be contacted.”

“Yes we did.”

“We’re happy to hear that but we contacted you for the reason that my sister and I saw two balls of fire falling and landing
near where the ODSTs were sent over an hour ago.”

“I think those balls of fire was Rainbow Dash and I.”

“What?”

“Yes Captain Stronghold sent me and RD to rescue the ODSTs.”

“Rescue?”

“Luna. Michael has been captured and I need to save him. And after I destroy the hive I’m going to kick his ass for getting
captured.”

“You do that we will inform my sister at once.”

“Ok tell her to send evac in half an hour.”

“Understood.”

“Spartan out.” He turned to RD. “Come on Rainbow we only have thirty minutes to save the squad before the pelican arrives for evac.”

“Ok.” The two charged right into the cave as they ran a Drone bumped into 107 in accident as it was flying to the hive chamber. The soldier grabbed the bug by the neck and he shot it with his pistol.” RD was hearing something.

“Hey do you hear that? It sounds like…”

“Gunfire. The ODSTs have engaged in a firefight.” They two ran to the hive chamber as the exited the hole they saw the ODSTs behind a rock firing at the bug. Two ODSTs were injured. “Time to spring into action.” 107 jumped to the bottom the weight of his armor echoed when he landed Luther and Mandy have never seen a Spartan before. Luther said.

“Where the hell did the robot come from.” Kevin smacked the back of his helmet.”

“Show some respect he’s not a robot he’s a Spartan and the one who is saving your sorry ass.” Kevin shouted out. “Alright the Lieutenant is here to help us destroy the place let’s give him a hand!” as 107 fired his rifle Rd flew to the two other ponies.

“Hey girls.” Twilight said.

“Rainbow oh it’s so good to see you.” AJ said.

“Yeah.”

“Yeah I know where’s the cell chamber.” RD asked. Twilight looked over the cover.

“There.”

“Ok.” The Pegasus flew towards the cell chamber. Once inside she was tackled by a Drone. “Get off me!” she uppercut the bug and she shot it. She flew to the cell door inside the human was unconscious. RD bucked the lock of the door and she flew in. “Hey wake up.”

“No five more minutes.” She slapped him and he woke up. “Holy shit!”

“Finally now get up.” The two ran out. 107 looked at the timer on his HUD.

“T minus ten minutes. Sergeant-Major.” He answered as he shot down a bug.

“Yes Spartan.” 107 punched a Drone to the ground. And he said.

“Give me the bomb!” the ODST threw him the nuke. 107 set the timer as Michael and Rd regrouped. “Good to see your alive
Michael.”

“Yeah… why?”

“Because when we’re out of here I’m going to kick your ass.”

“What why?!”

“Everyone out let’s go!” the group fought its way to the exit. As soon as they left the hive chamber they all ran to the entrance of the cave. Dan stayed behind making sure that no bugger left the cave. He grabbed a plasma grenade. He threw the bomb and then the grenade on the top of the cave. He ran out to the exit.

“Hey where’s the Spartan.” One of the ODSTs asked. They looked at the cave as they saw a figure. He shouted to the group.

“Get to the LZ now!” the ponies and the troopers all made a run for it. As they reached the LZ the Pelican was just arriving.
As it landed the Sergeant-Major looked at the ODST that was with the queen of the Changelings. He shouted to them.

“Get on the bird now!” they responded and they got on the bird. Then the rest of the team. And last 107 as the ship flew away they looked at where the kingdom of the changeling’s once stood. A huge crater formed destroying everything inside. As all of the troops dropped their guard the ponies looked at the Spartan looking outside while holding his rifle keeping watch. Twilight said.

“Dan I think you can drop you guard.” He looked at her and said.

“I don’t think so Twilight…not until we’re back Canterlot.”