• Published 6th Aug 2012
  • 3,475 Views, 30 Comments

Operation:Equestrian Assault - SPkon107



War has haunted the UNSC Colony for almost three decades but the Covenant still wants more.

  • ...
17
 30
 3,475

Chapter Twelve: Strike on Hoofington

Chapter Twelve: Strike on Hoofington

Location: Ponyville UNSC Base, Twilight’s Library
Date: November 15, 2552
Time: 8: 00 A.M

The Battle of the Crystals has slowed down the movement of the Covenant. The Battle of Manehatten has drew Covies out of the west. The Battle of Fillydelphia has forced the UNSC troops out of the city and the Covies have glassed the city but the Covenant ship has been destroyed by MAC round by an Orbital Defense Station. Now the Mane six the princesses and the Spartan are in Ponyville planning to strike an attack in Hoofington where the Covenant has been forcing Ponies to dig within the city looking for rubies, diamonds, and other gems. UNSC forces and the Equestrian Allies cannot strike until an air strike is launched to take out the guns defending the city. The ponies are kept underground so civilian casualties will be left out. Longswords, Shortswords, Sparrowhawks, and Atmospheric- Sabers will be deployed. Spartan-107 will take point in a Saber accompanied by his radar intercept officer Rainbow Dash. 107 is talking to Celestia.

“So you want me and Rainbow Dash to take point on this dogfight?”

“Yes your ship will be few of the ships that will be accompanied by a pony. Your mission is to take out the guns that they have once you do then the Equestrian allies and the UNSC will start to deploy troops in the city.”

“By guns you mean Antiaircraft.”

“Yes the Pelicans are too slow and will be destroyed by sight but Sabers and Longswords and etc. are faster meaning that they will have more of a change by dodging them.”

“Ok how long will this dogfight last?”

“Depending how long can you and your team of fighter jets can take out those antiaircraft…”

“Just call it an AA gun.”

“Very well. How fast can you take out those…AA guns?”

“Well if Banshees, Phantoms, and Spirits don’t get in the way maybe in ten minutes…”

“Then we attack in ten minutes…”

“Whoa hold it! I said if the enemy ships don’t slow me down but the odds of that are one in a billion.”

“Oh…my apologies.”

“Look if the enemy ships interfere then it will take like from thirty to sixty minutes.”

“I see.” She turned to Luna. “Luna what do you think?”

“I think we should at least give them about an hour.” All the ponies and her sister looked at her. “W…what?” Twilight said.

“Princess did you just speak…”

“In the modern language why yes I did thanks to Danny.” They turned to 107. Luna continued. “Look I say we give them
about an hour but, we should have our troops ready in case if they destroy those AA guns earlier than expected.” Rainbow Dash said.

“I’m cool with that. You’re ready Lieutenant?”

“Ready when you are Loyalty.”

“Then let’s get going. We’re burring sunlight by just standing here.” The two walked out of the library making their way to the ships located outside of Ponyville near the Everfree Forest. As RD climbed onto the Saber Luna walked towards Dan. She hugged him and she said.

“Good luck Spartan I’ll see you in an hour.”

“Likewike.” He turned to the Saber and he climbed in. he said to Rainbow Dash who was checking her systems. “Ready Rainbow?”

“Like you humans say. Fuck yeah!”

“Ok then.” The Spartan contacts all of the ship. “This is echo 1 to all UNSC echo fighters we are set to attack Hoofington. Ready your ships and let’s get moving.” the ships engines roared as a large dust of cloud flew up in the air. Ships from Manehatten, Canterlot, and from the Crystal Empire are depoying ships to the city under the command of the Spartan. The ships flew to the city 107 noticed the land was so natural he have never seen so much green landscaped before well except for Planet Onyx. As they approached the city. “This is echo 1 our objective is to take out the AA Guns before troops are deployed. ODSTs will be deployed within the city and then Pelicans, Warthogs, Scorpion tanks, Hornets, and Falcons will strike in the front. Target is fifteen miles. Echo 1 ready.”

“Echo 2 ready.”

“Echo 3 ready.” And so on. Rainbow said to the human.

“Dan those AA Guns are warming up we have to take them out as fast as we can. ODSTs will be falling in twenty minutes.”

“Understood.” The switched to the missiles he locked on the first gun and he fired. The rockets flew straight to the gun. The Plasma AA Gun fell the fighters cheered but, there celebration ended when Banshees began firing at the jets. A Banshee was in a collision course to 107 he fires at the ship destroying its left wing, it spun out of control. 107 forced the Saber to descend and then back up. RD said.

“I know we done this before and I haven’t said this yet. But for a species that can’t fly you guys are pretty good fliers.”

“Don’t compliment us yet RD I need you located me another AA Gun I can’t find one with all of these damn Banshees in my way.”

“Oh…right.” She looked at her computer. There’s one east of us sending it to your HUD.”

“On it.” He followed the coordinates and he took out the second gun. “Fuck yeah two down eight to go.”

“Then we better get moving.”

Location: Orbital Defense Station Paradox
Date: November 15, 2552
Time: 9: 00 A.M

Captain Fairbanks was reading his ODSTs to fight in the city of Hoffington. He was talking to the captain of the ODST battalion.

“Captain the Spartan and his squadron to fighters have engaged in a dogfight. You know your mission right?”

“Yes we free the pony miners under the city.”

“Perfect after that you will be taken to Manehatten where you will be staying until the end of this operation.”

“Understood sir.” The captain entered a large drop-pod room. “Ok every Helljumper into their pods now!” the shock troopers entered their pods. On his screen his Gunnery-Sergeant Carmen asked him.

“Sir what do we do after we have freed the pony miners.”

“We have to hold the Covenant Back until the Marines attack the front line and they make their way into the city. If we can’t hold them back then we have to find another way to get those ponies out of the city.” The pods were deployed as they fell the captain looked at a picture of his daughter as they entered the atmosphere he placed the picture back inside his armor. As they approached the AA guns fired at them. One of them were taken out by a nearby Longsword. They landed the doors flew open and the ODSTs opened fire at a group of Brutes in front of a building. They managed to enter the building his Gunnery-sergeant was with him.

“Orders sir.”

“That’s easy Carmen tell the troopers to clear this building the miners are just a block away from here. So once we free them this will be out ally point.”

“On it sir.” She walked outside.
Back in the front line 107 and Rainbow Dash have taken out the last AA gun. It was ten minutes before the hour. He said his Pegasus companion.

“Rainbow contact the base and tell them that we have taken out the last AA Gun.”

“On it.” She radioed the base in Canterlot. “This is Rainbow Dash in Saber Echo 1 we have taken out the last AA Gun. I repeat we have taken out the last AA Gun.” A familiar voice answered.

“Oh hi Dashie!”

“Pinkie Pie?”

“Nope this is the king.”

“What?”

“Just kidding this is Pinkie Pie.”

“Pinkie tell the princesses that we have taken out the last AA Gun.”

“Okie Dokey Lokey.” She called Twilight instead. “Hey Twilight its Rainbow Dash come here and say hi.”

“Wh…what Pinkie we don’t have time for this.” Twilight answered.

“Rainbow you’re only supposed to contact us when you have taken out the AA Guns.”

“Well I did but Pinkie Pie called you instead.”

“Oh.”

“Tell the Princesses that we have taken out the AA Guns.”

“On it.”

“Thank you Twilight if Pinkie Pie didn’t called you we could ha…ahhh!” An explosion cut her off. Rainbow said as they
fell. “Mayday mayday we’ve been hit we’re going down I repeat we ar…” the radio was lost. Twilight called.

“Rainbow? Spartan? Are you still there?” Pinkie asked with a sad tone.

“What happen to Dashie?”

“I don’t know but come on we have to tell the princesses at once.” The two mares ran out of the radio room.

The Saber was hit it slid on the ground until it crashed into a building. The cockpit glass flew open as it hit the ground it
shattered. 107 got up and he looked at RD she had her eyes closed and she was bleeding from her head. He checked for her
pulse she was alive because of her helmet. He removed her helmet and he said.

“Rainbow get up.” She crocked her head sideways and she placed her hoof on her head.

“OUCH!” she flinched as she saw the blood on her hoof. “What happen?”

“We were hit. By a damn Phantom.” He grabbed a can of biofoam. “Here I have to treat your head injury.”

“Well it hurt?”

“The truth.”

“Yes.”

“For you…like hell.”

“Oh pony feathers.” He pulled back on her mane and he applied the foam. She closed her eyes hard as she grin her teeth.
After applying the foam he wrapped a bandage around her head.

“Better?”

“Yeah.”

“Here.” He placed her helmet on her.

“Thanks.”

“Get your assault rifle and pistol we are in Covenant territory with no cover.”

“Then what should we do?”

“We fight, I figured that if the Covies have a mine then they should have a fuel supplies.”

“Do you think it’s near the mine?”

“The Brutes may be retarded but they have some smarts. They probably have it at in a different area. Most likely where their
communication tower is at.”

“Ok you’re the war expert.” She loaded her rifle.

“Let’s go.” The two ran to the tower cautiously.



Twenty miles off of Hoffington
Date: November 15, 2552
Time: 9:30 A.M


A large group of Pelicans are approaching the city a total number of 123 all coming from different bases across Equestria along with the drop-ships are Falcons and Hornets. Under them were Scorpion tanks and Warthogs both machine gun and Gauss cannon. Luna was on the same drop-ship with her sister. Luna was scared about what she has heard but also furious Celestia tried to calm her down.

“Lulu he’s fine. I’m sure of it.”

“I…UGH!” she slammed her hoof against the wall of the Pelican. The pilot said.

“We are ten miles from the city.” Celestia said.

“Perfect. Contact all the personnel we are about to go to battle.”

“Yes ma’am.” The dogfight was still continuing in the air so hornets joined the fight to help the remaining jets. The Pelicans were only able to get close to drop off troops near a ditch any closer it will be too hot for the ships to land. As troops took cover in the ditch Twilight was with Applejack.

“Twi do ya think there’re ok.”

“Knowing Rainbow Dash maybe. But 107 I’m sure of it.” She said as she shot bolt of magic from her horn. Luna joined the two mares.

“Twilight Sparkle.”

“Yes princess.”

“The Warthogs will arrive soon when they do we take on and we enter the city.” Applejack said.

“Why don’t we take a tank instead? They are stronger and they have more firepower.”

“Ok.”
Within the city the ODST were clearing out the building that was being occupied by the Covenant. On the top floor the Staff-Sergeant and a group of Helljumpers were killing a group of Grunts and Jackals. The Staff-Sergeant shouted.

“This is the second to last floor! Keep pushing forward!” a suicide Grunt charged towards the group of ODSTs. A trooper shot the alien on its head two of the grenades have been attached to the side and the rest on the floor. Both sides took cover when the grenades detonated they continued to fire even though there was a large cloud of dust in front of them. One ODST said.

“I’m going in!” he ran. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” another shouted.

“Carlos!” he looked back. “I’m going after him!” before he left his cover Carmen grabbed him and said.

“Mathew you idiot look!” as the dust cleared the saw that the side of the wall from the view of the city was blown open. The floor was tilted the same direction of the hole at a 74 degree angle making it impossible to cross. Mathew asked.

“Then how do we cross?” Carmen looked around and she saw a door. She kicked it open and she walked in. She figured that that if she destroyed the wall then they might have a chance to cross to the other side. The ODST threw a grenade and it exploded as she stepped out the group of Grunts and Jackals were killed. She said to herself. “Now we’re getting somewhere.”
The Spartan and the Pegasus fought their way to the Communication Tower, but as soon as they had visual of the tower Wraiths began to fire at them. Rainbow said to Dan.

“Oh crap we’re pinned here.”

“I know. I can engage and take one out at a time but, I can’t leave you unprotected.”

“I know.”

“I’m out of grenades.”

“I only have one left.” 107 looked at a building that has been badly damage.

“Rainbow.”

“Yeah.”

“Give me the grenade.”

“Ok.” She placed the explosive device on his hand. 107 walked backwards as he tried to make the throw count. The threw the grenade and it landed inside when it exploded the rumbles fell on the alien tanks the human and pony just saw the burst of plasma flame rise in the sky. Only four remained the human took cover.

“That seemed to work.”

“As awesome as that was we are still pinned down.” The floor rumbled then the wall that RD and 107 were collapsed. The two covered their faces as the view cleared the Spartan recognized the shape of a Scorpion tank then a familiar voice.

“Princess I think we should let somepony who knows how to work this thing…should drive next time.” RD said.

“Twilight?” The unicorn waved her forearm to clear the air.

“Rainbow?” Luna opened the door of the tank. Twilight, Applejack and two other Marines were covered in dust. Luna saw 107.

“Danny!” she flew out. “Are you ok?”

“I’ll be fine. Good timing those Wraiths have us pinned.”

“Perfect let me move the tank…”

“Whoa after what I saw I’m not letting you drive.”
She said in a childish tone. “Why not?!”

“Well for one you changed the coat and mane color of Twilight into a dirt color. Twilight looked at her body the armor and her coat was cover from the dust of the wall. She shook herself clean. 107 climbed onto the tank and he said through his radio. “Give me a minute.” He drove the tank out of the wall and he fired at the first tank he saw. Applejack said.

“You do know how to drive this thing.” Luna gave her a cold look. “Uhh…no offense.”
She responded back. “Whatever.” 107 took out the Wraiths and he blew a hole in the wall he took out the enemies that were on the other side of the wall. The Spartan jumped out of the tank from behind Luna, Applejack, Twilight, Rainbow Dash, and two Marines ran to Dan. The seven turn to the towera Phantom was over them. 107 shouted.

“Enemy inbound!”

Comments ( 9 )

Just read the description. This story looks awesome. Can't wait to get round to reading it, although I'll probably be too busy playin' GTA 5 lol :twilightsheepish:

3184720
almost a year since i updated the story. i'll do that when i pretty far on the other two

And I'm catches up

Sry meant catched up

The Covenant attacking the ponies will piss humanity off even worse than attacking Earth. Throughout history, armies have become balls-to-the-wall badass when their allies are attacked. Given how pacifistic the ponies are, we'd be even more pissed than usual.

Pray! Kill! Burn!

Errr...I mean....Love for the Love god! Hearts for the Heart Throne!

While I like the story, there is very little description of who is saying what, what the characters are doing, emotions, their surroundings, etc. It's like reading an audio book.

3263267
sorry for that this story was actually the first story I posted when I joined. I'm was going to post a new chapter until my computer crashed and I lost everything. I'll get back to working at n this story when I post another chapter on my other stories. Thank you for reading

3263566 have you ever considered finishing a story

3185075 finish this damn story. And stop your fucking cliffhangers .

Login or register to comment