• Published 6th Aug 2012
  • 3,475 Views, 30 Comments

Operation:Equestrian Assault - SPkon107



War has haunted the UNSC Colony for almost three decades but the Covenant still wants more.

  • ...
17
 30
 3,475

Chapter Ten: Battle of the Crystals part 1

Chapter Ten: Battle of the Crystals part 1

Location: Outskirts of Canterlot, UNSC Base
Date: October 30, 2552
Time: 10:33 A.M

107 was at the base with the princesses. Celestia was speaking to the Spartan

“Lieutenant I know that you are urging to return home but we need you here.”

“But it’s my home everything that means a lot to me is on Earth.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be 117 is fighting right now and I know with him there Earth is safe.”

“It’s your home. Once you are done here you will return I promise you.”

“You don’t have two. Is there anything else you want to talk to me about?”

“Well yes… you see I will be escorted to Manehatten by the UNSC and about 100 of my guards will join me. And my sister
will be escorted to Crystal Empire where Shining Armor and Cadence are located at.”

“Ok but how does this involve me?”

“Luna’s guards will have to stay here to protect Canterlot and I can’t just send her unprotected. The Captain gave me authorization to assign you to be Luna’s bodyguard.

“I’m not a guard I’m a soldier.”

“Then you are not her guard but her protector.”

“Still the same thing.”

“Yes but you are above any of our guards put together.”

“Ok.”

“The reason I am sending her is because the Crystal ponies fear that the Covenant will try to take the crystal heart since its magic is very powerful and if the Covenant gets its hands one it…”

“We can kiss this mission goodbye.”

“So will you join her?”

“Yes ma’am.”

“Perfect.” The two stood up and I noticed Luna’s smile while she was walking out of the room. We walked towards a Pelican where a group of Marines were waiting along with nine other Pelicans. Three were carrying Scorpion tanks, four were carrying Warthogs two slandered issue one Guass and one Mil Troop Transport Hog. And the last two were carrying an Elephant. The Spartan said to Celestia.

“I though only I was going.”

“This was ordered by the Captain not me.”

“Ok. Come on Princess let’s go.” We got on the bird and except the pilot and co-pilot Luna and I were the only passengers.
The rest of the Marines entered the other drop-ships. As we rise to the air I placed a headset on Luna. “Can you hear me?”

“Yes we can.”

“Perfect. The flight will be about thirty minute’s long.” She nodded. Five minutes have passed and I sat across Luna as she tried to avoid looking at me. It was quite…too quite so I broke the silence. “I noticed your smile as we left the room.” She blushed.

“W…we don’t know thou are talking about.”

“Don’t try to hide it.”

“Fine we smiled.”

“Why?”

“Well we feel…safer with thy and…” she looked at me for a moment. “…and we feel that we can trust you with anything.”

“So you feel comfortable around me.”

“Yes.”

“Well not may normies feel comfortable around Spartans since people know we can kill them in a single strike.”

“Well…we don’t.”

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” Dan looked outside where the other Pelicans were following the lead ship 107 stood up and he closed the door bay. As it closed Luna said. “Spartan?”

“Yes.” As he sat down.

“How does it feel to be alone?”

“Sometimes it feels good. Especially if you are filled with rage. But… sometime we need someone to be there I’ve been through so much and… that…”

“You’ve been traumatized.”

“Yeah…I’m able to live with and I know that as soon this war is over I will get over it.”

“I see.”

“Why do you ask?”

“Well if you remember we have been imprisoned for 1000 years and we know how it feels to be alone.”

“True.” She walked over and she sat next to me. She giggled a little. “What?”

“Funny. We are two lonely souls in the same ship.”

“That’s true. But now we aren’t that lonely are we?”

“No we are not.” The co-pilot called me.

“Sir we need you to see this.” 107 walked to the cockpit. He looked through the glass as he saw a land of crystal. The human
behemoth called the alicorn.

“Luna is this the place?” she walked inside and she looked out the window.

“Yes this is the place.” The Spartan said.

“You heard her start landing.” The pilot said.

“Yes sir.” The two walked out.

“Luna please take a seat ok.”

“Ok Spartan.” He opened the door bay as it opened the grabbed a MA5C assault rifle he placed it on his back and then he
grabbed a BR55 battle rifle as the pelican lowered he noticed that the entire area was all crystal and some areas have been bombarded by plasma missiles. The birds landed in front of the castle Luna and 107 stepped out of the Pelican as they
walked around the ship as they saw Cadence and Shining Armor walking out of the Crystal Castle. Cadence called Luna.

“Auntie Lulu!”

“Cadence!” the hugged each other then the young alicorn looked at 107.

“Um… he…hello.”

“Hello ma’am.”

“Um…sorry if I’m nervous…but I’ve heard about you and I’m a little scared of you.”

“Don’t worry I won’t hurt you.”

“O…ok.” Then Shining Armor said.

“He’s telling the truth honey.”

“You’re sure.”

“Positive. Spartan we are glad you are here. As you can see the area has been bombarded by plasma and we have no UNSC
troops after you left to space to destroy that ship.”

“Well each pelican can carry 12 troops excluding the pilots and we nine of them so we have 108 soldiers ready for battle, plus we have vehicles with us.”

“Well that’s good news for once the crystal ponies have left the land and only the Crystal Guards are here to defend it.”

“How many do you have?”

“Plenty.”

“More specific.”

“How about over 2000.”

“Do they have the armor with the shields that you are wearing?”

“Different models but yes they have magic shielding.”

“Perfect. I need you to send troops around the perimeter just in case of any Covie sighting. And send the rest of guards in this
spot.”

“Ok.” He ran off to look for the commander.” 107 turned to Luna. “Luna I need you to go inside the castle with your niece.”

“Ok.” As the two mares walked inside the Marines approached the Spartan. One said.

“Sir what are your orders.”

“Wait here until Shining Armor arrives with the Crystal Guards.”

“Yes sir.

Fifteen minutes later.

Shining Armor arrived with over 1000 guards. The Celestial Captain walked to the Spartan and he stood next to him.

“Well here you are human. All besides the ones I send to scout the perimeter these are all of the guards.”

“Captain when was the last Covenant air raid.”

“Yesterday.”

“How many times have the attacked?”

“This was their fifth time.”

“Which way did they come from?”

“East.”

“Perfect.” 107 walked in front of the guards and Marines. “Listen up! I’ve been informed that the Covies have been bombing this are and yesterday was their fifth time. Meaning that if they haven’t attacked the first time then they will attack soon. I need a first line of defence in the east and about a mile back a second line…” he was cut off by one of the guards.

“And why should we take orders from you!” a Marine shouted back.

“Hey! Show some respect to the Spartan he trying to save your sorry ass!”

“What did you say?!”

“You heard me!” the stallion stepped out of the line and then the Marine. They stood face to face. Shining was about to
interfere but the Spartan stopped him and he said to him.

“Wait let’s see how this turns out.”

“What if he hurts him or the other way?”

“I won’t let that happen.” The Marine dropped his rifle and he raised his arms in his fighting position. The stallion charged at
him but the human punched him across his face and then he upper cut him. The stallion shook his head and he tackled the
Marine and he stuck him back the Marine return the hit. 107 shouted.

“That’s enough! You two and you two hold them. The pointed at two troopers and two guards they grabbed the human and
the stallion. 107 continued. “We have no time to fight each! We share a common enemy and we have together if we want to defeat them!” the same stallion shouted.

“I still orders from you come I can take you!” the Spartan looked at him and he said.

“Let him go.” The two guards released the stallion. “How about this if you can take me down you don’t orders from me. And if
I win you must my ever order without any questions or hesitation.”

“Deal.” One Marine said to another.

“Damn that stallion doesn’t know what he got himself into.”

“Yeah that Spartan tear him in half.” 107 asked to the stallion.

“What’s you rank.”

“Lance Corporal.”

“Well Corporal. Someone needs to teach you how to respect you officers.” The guard charged at him without any hesitation
107 kicked the stallion making him to fly fifteen feet backwards. He was out cold Shining Armor knew this was wrong but 107
was right. They have no time to fight so if beating someone down so they can co-operate needed then let it be. “Now I want
500 guards to be positioned in the first line and 35 Marines. On the second line will be the same number. The rest will be
the last line of defense where the castle is which will be known as the Alamo.” The Marines knew what that meant but the
guards looked at him confused one guard said.

“Um…s…sir.”

“Yes.”

“What is an Alamo?”

“The Alamo was a fortress or a mission when a state called Texas fought for independence from Mexico. The rebels had nowhere to run so they fought off the army and they fought bravely. Now the UNSC uses the term Alamo stating that the rally point is where we make our last stand.”

“W…will we live.”
“Depends how long you can fight off the Covies.” The Guards looked at each other. “Ok you know you positions. Shining you choose the 500 that will take position in the first and second line.”

“Yes sir.”


Two hours later


107 was in the first line of defense. He contacted the UNSC base in Canterlot to send in more troops they informed him that troops were unavailable for the moment. The guards and Marines waited nervously. Two Warthogs the Guass hog and the two tanks were in the first line and the rest of the vehicles were in the second. Luna waited for 107’s signal to leave the Empire before the Covenant takes the crystal heart. The ground shook 107 looked over he used the scope on his battle rifle.

“We have two Scarabs I repeat two Scarabs the Tanks took position. The Marines readied their weapons while the guards armed their automatic crossbows tipped with Dragon scales and diamond (can fire up to 500 arrows in one seven inch barrel). As they waited for the oversized quadruped to approach the defense line the tanks took position to fire. We waited five minutes until first strike 107 readied his Target Locator. He knew he couldn’t risk having both tanks engage the Scarabs or he might lose them. Three minutes until first strike 107 aimed the Locator at the first Scarab. Target locked. As he waited missiles struck the first Scarab. The Marines cheered and the Guards watched as the first behemoth quadruped fell. But the happiness ended when the second Scarab attacked. The Guards and Marines scattered. Few of the troops had rocket launchers so they took aim at the legs. The battle has begun.

Location: Crystal Empire, first line of defense
Date: October 30, 2552
Time: 3:03 P.M

The first line of defense has been able to hold off the Covenant attack but the casualties were heavy. Out of 500 guards only 298 were left and out of 35 Marines only 17 were standing. At the second line Shining Armor was waiting for 107’s signal. In the first line 107 was charging at a Wraith while dodging the plasma cannon rounds. He jumped in the air and he landed on the gunner with the weight of his armor he killed the grunt. Then the Spartan grabbed a grenade and he shoved in inside the alien tank 107 jumped off before it was destroyed. Then he drew out his Assault Rifle and he began to fire back at the Covies as he moved backwards to the cover.

On another part of the defense line a Marine was struck down by a Brute Captain as the trooper tried to get up the alien grabbed him by the neck. As he was holding him the alien said.


“You’re demon won’t save you now!” out of nowhere a Crystal guard tackled the Brute to the ground forcing him to release the trooper. The Brute threw the stallion off of him and he punched him in the gut. As the ape laughed the trooper grabbed his head and he stabbed him with his knife between the eyes. The Marine dragged the injured stallion out of the firefight. He managed to get the guard behind a wall.

“You ok?” he said as he tried to get air.

“Yeah…thank you…I owe you…one.”

“When the time comes.” He grabbed his DMR and he continued to fire. He shot down three Grunts and two Jackals until an explosion threw him off. He fell but he picked himself up as he looked over the cover he saw a Brute Chieftain. “Fuck a Chieftain!” the Marine continued to fire but the shields of the brute were too strong. The injured stallion grabbed his auto-crossbow and he fired at the Chieftain as well. The ape threw a Spike grenade at them and it landed behind them the Marine grabbed the grenade and he threw it back. The device landed in front of him the Brute looked down and them it exploded. The explosion didn’t kill him but one of the spikes flew right into its mouth.


One hour later


107 need all soldiers if he wanted to defend the Crystal Empire so he was forced to order the troops to retreat. At the second line Shining Armor was watching the position of the first line all he could see the smoke of the fires and plasma. Then he saw troops and vehicles he recognized them.

“Don’t fire those are friendly’s!” the retreating troops jumped over the barricades that had been set when the first line engaged with the enemy. Then he saw 107 firing at a Hunter the behemoth swung its heavy shield to the ground but 107 jumped in the air and he landed on the aliens head. 107 drew out his Energy Sword and he swung it across the Hunter’s head. After it fell he ran to the barricade he jumped over it was quite and Shining Armor said. “What happen?”

“Covenant over run us. They used multiple Wraiths we lost one of our tanks but we still have one left.” The Spartan looked over as a dust of cloud covered the position of the first line. Then he saw dark figures. “Here they come! This is our last line before we are force back to the Alamo. Give them hell.”