• Published 6th May 2019
  • 2,364 Views, 217 Comments

Unity: A Tale of Arcadia - Kieva Lynn



Arcadia Oaks has been taken by Singularity. How will this affect humans, ponies, and trolls?

  • ...
7
 217
 2,364

PreviousChapters
Epilogue

Author's Note:

Warning, I meshed a couple of Doctor Who enemies together for this chapter. Just remember, it's not humanoid Doctor's enemies, it's Pony Doctor's enemies, which will be different.

Twilight Sparkle flew as quickly as her new wings would allow towards the Unity hospital. Well, more accurately, as quickly as her confidence in them allowed her to. It had been months since the final battle and she was still nervous in the air. But at least she hadn't crashed since, well, yesterday. She reached the main entrance and rushed inside, and having the path through the halls to her destination memorized (Because Twilight; of course she did) the young Alicorn stumbled into a room filled with her friends. "Am I too late!?"

"Relax Twi." Applejack answered. "Labor takes a mite. Baby's not here yet."

"Oh good."

"You know Twilight, if you're still so unsure of the wings you could've just teleported here." Rainbow Dash teased her.

"I have to practice sometime Dash."

"Um, that's good to hear you say." Fluttershy said. "Wings are only as good as your skill with them."

"Which'd we'd expect the princess here t' know!" Applejack said, then couldn't stop from laughing as Twilight stared at her.

"Now Applejack dear, you know Twilight doesn't like the title." Rarity said.

"Eeyup. But she knows good and well that's what she is now. Might as well get used to it."

Twilight shook her head. "Maybe in Equestria. Maybe. But here... Here I'm still just Twilight Sparkle. I'll deal with the honorary title since ponies won't take no for an answer, but here I'm just me."

"Great way to put it Twilight!" Pinkie said as she entered the waiting room pushing a massive blue and pink cake.

"Okay what's with the colors?" Rainbow asked.

"Oh, Mac and Bethie decided they wanted a surprise on the gender. So I improvised."

"But what about-" Dash was interrupted by a loud thud from the next room. "What the hay was that!?"

"At a guess," Applejack snickered, "That was Mac faintin.' I'd say the little one has arrived..."

An hour later the wait was over. A nurse showed the Bearers into a room where a visibly tired Bethany lay abed, closely holding a bundle wrapped in pink. "Hey guys!"

"How yah doin' Beth?"

"Exhausted. But it's all worth it. Take a look!" She held the bundle lower, and nestled within was the newborn, human, as expected, save for the bright pink hair and long pink tail, the pink in both locations heavily striated with a very deep red.

"Congratulations, both of you." Twilight smiled. "She's beautiful."

"Eeyup." A still woozy from the sights of birth Macintosh managed to answer.

"Well don't keep us waiting!" Pinkie was practically bursting, "What's her name!?" Six sets of Pony eyes stared in eager anticipation.

"Well, we wanted something that would work as both a human name and a pony name." Mac said.

"While also keeping, as much as possible, with the Apple family's traditional naming scheme." Beth added.

"That sounds like it would be tricky." Fluttershy said, not looking up from cooing at the newborn.

"It was." Beth agreed. "But we finally came up with something perfect: Akane. It's both a type of apple, and also a Japanese origin human name for girls."

Mac added "Plus, the human name means 'deep red' which isn't too far off from the highlights in her hair."

"'Akane Apple.'" Applejack said. "I like it!"

"We all do." The nurse said, "But for now I think we'd all let the new baby and her parents rest. It's been a hard day on them after all."

"Oh yes, of course!" Twilight said. "Come on, I'll buy lunch!" They trotted out, leaving the proud parents to bask in the love for their child.

XXXXX

In Arcadia, Jim and Claire were enjoying a date when the news of the birth came over the local radio. "So, this is our world now." Claire said.

"Unless they figure out a way to reverse things." Jim agreed. "But, you know, Arcadia is safe, Trollmarket is safe, and if something does come up we don't have to hide what we're doing... All in all, it's not as bad as it could have been."

"No." Claire agreed, and leaned over to kiss him. "And of course, the wizards were able to give the ponies their own amulets like they promised. I'm glad their not stuck depending on us."

"The same. What worries me though, is Aja and Krel. Or, more accurately, their home planet. You remember what they told us... What happens to our Earth if this General Morando shows up there with a battle fleet looking for them?"

"I have wondered the same thing." A familiar voice spoke. Jim and Claire looked to see Krel approaching.

"Have you got any ideas?" Jim asked.

"Only one at the moment." Krel replied. "I would like to go to this 'Singularity' and examine it's technology, perhaps speak with the A.I. controlling it. If the facility bought us here there must be a way for us to get something, even if only a message, back home."

"We've got nothing else important to do..." Claire said, "Let's go talk to the people in Unity, they've been there after all."

"Yes, let's!"

XXXXX

The park in Unity's center was calm and peaceful, until the silence was shattered by a cry of "Checkmate!!"

"I did it!" Scootaloo cheered, "I beat Varvatos!!"

"Indeed! A glorious victory, worthy of epic songs!" Varvatos patted the Pegasus on her back.

"You know it! Who's the mare!?"

"Come on Scootaloo! We'll celebrate at Sugarcube Corner!" Nyma said.

As most of the group left, Varvatos began to set the board up for a new match. His new students had progressed nicely. Truly, a warrior could hope for little more, save a glorious death when his time came. But for now.... He stood, and let his voice bellow out across the park, "Varvatos Vex takes all challengers! Come, and be crushed in Varvatos' mighty chess gambits!!"

XXXXX

The Doctor trotted swiftly in the direction of Unity's town hall. He had received an urgent message to come to the comm room immediately for a matter of great import. Arriving at the massive stone building, he entered and found a deputy waiting to guide him to where Twilight and Sheriff Tucker were waiting, along with several human military officers on the other side of the comm window. "Well then, where's the fire!?" He asked.

"Doctor, we have a problem on Earth, one that no one here or on Equus recognizes. We were hoping, given your nature and experience, that you might be able to tell us what we're dealing with."

"Well I can certainly try. You have video I assume?"

"We do. Take a look." The officer held out a large tablet and pressed play. On the screen, was a human city, and a large number of people fleeing and screaming. The crowd passed by, and there was silence for several moments, then a whirring sound all-too familiar to the Doctor, and a new entity came into view. It was shaped roughly like a chess knight, mounted on a conical wheeled base, with odd tubes protruding from either side of the horse head a vacant, empty looking face, and of all things a plunger sticking straight out in front. It was loudly exclaiming "Erradicate! ERRADICATE!!! EEERRR-AAA-DDDDIIII-CCCAAATTTTEEEE!!!!" Over and over.

The Doctor's eyes narrowed. "Cybermules."

"You know what they are?" The officer asked. "That's good news. Can you tell us how to stop them?"

"I'm quite afraid you don't, not on your own. Luckily, Krel and I have spent more time on the Tardis... I think it'll be safe for me to come there."

"We'll welcome any assistance you can provide."

"Of course. We'll meet in person soon." The Doctor left the comm room and galloped on the way back to his home. He reached his back yard, and was about to enter the Tardis when a voice called behind him "Wait up!"

The Doctor turned, and was surprised by who was hovering before him. "Miss Hooves?"

"Can I go with you?"

"Can you... How do you even know I'm going anywhere?"

Derpy shook her head, realigning her eyes, then said "Pinkie Pie of course. She said, and I quote, 'The Doctor's going on an adventure. And you can't have a Doctor adventure without a companion.'"

A grin slowly spread over the Doctor's muzzle. "Well I can't argue with that. After you Miss Hooves." Derpy trotted inside, and the Doctor looked around for a moment, then smiled bigger, declared "Allons Y!!" and closed the door behind him...

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 7 )

"Eeyup. But she knows good and well that's what she is now. Might as well get used to it."

Aye, she's an alicorn. Just because the last three wound up as princesses, doesn't mean that she has to be one too. Besides, she's not even in charge of anything, nor does she wish to be.

A fine story all around, I had fun. Looking forward to your next endeavor!

10167165
...I mean, I do like the idea of the (stop calling me the) princess of friendship watching over a patchwork land. And it does solve the who rules what question. Give it a few hundred years.

Interesting using Akane as her name. I know of another story that had a member of the Apple family who had that name and she got a severe case of karma. Plus she was all the negative traits of a certain anime/manga character she was an expy of.

10167420
Interesting. May I have a link to such story?

10278594

A Duet For Land And Sky. I will note that this story is part of a larger narrative by this author. Needless to say some major things have happened in universe before this story happens and they do have an effect on the plot.

This needs a sequel badly! Good story!

A sequel to Unity! On the other hand, it's mainly a MLP x Trollhunters fic ,which I have zero knowledge or interest in. Oof.

Login or register to comment