• Published 7th Aug 2012
  • 1,278 Views, 11 Comments

Gummy saves Equestria - crimsongraph



A ancient evil is on the horizon, the elements of harmony have failed, and Equestria relies on Gummy

  • ...
0
 11
 1,278

lucid

"Ponies, the end of Equestria is near, and I am afraid the elements of harmony will not be able to stop the upcoming evil." Celestia bellowed out to the crowd, dark red clouds hung overhead as they spewed lighting occasionally. Distress quickly flowed through the crowd of assembled ponies, few started to cry. It broke Celestia's heart to see her citizens in a state of panic and unrest.

The earth itself began to shake, cracks split dirt into multiple pieces. The earth underneath the ground shifted upward before bursting in a shower of earthly solids, as a being of immense proportion emerged from the sizable hole. Ponies stared up at it, unable to grasp its true form. White fuzz surrounded the beast, eyes having sharp slits in them, claws forged out of the sharpest materials sat at the end of the creature’s appendages. The creature looked down upon the ponies, before quickly retreating into its burrow. Few brave ponies dared to see where the burrow leads, only to be met with a gaping hole leading into darkness.

"Now you see what we are up against. Luna and I have tried everything to stop the foul beast, and we were met with no success." Celestia once again droned out, sadness lacing her voice. True fear struck the crowd of ponies, seeing the beast of nightmares. Celestia stared onward to the crowd, a look of resignation inhabiting her eyes. As she eyed the crowd in front of her, she saw a small bulge, what appeared to be ponies moving out of the way for something. Her all-seeing eyes kept tracking the bulge, noticing it was headed her direction. She prepared herself to confront the pony that was making its way to her location. The bulge was now five ponies away from her, getting ever so closer. As soon as the bulge reached her, there was nothing.

No pony, no being, nothing. She stared at the oddity before she felt something poke her foreleg.
Looking down, she saw a small green alligator looking up at her, its deep purple eyes searching her very soul. One would say that both the sun princess and the small alligator formed a bond stronger than any friendship formed by just looking into each other’s eyes. Gummy just stared, and blinked a right eye at Celestia, as she nodded, completely understanding the small green reptile.

"My fellow ponies, I present to you the solution to this problem, the savior of Equestria, a hero for generations to come, the mighty reptile Gummy!" She shouted out to the panicking ponies. They ceased their acts and looked up to the small alligator hopefully. The reptile responded with a stare, occasionally blinking his eyes at the crowd at odd intervals.

After a few minutes of the soul shattering stare, the crowd erupted in cheers, screaming in happiness. Poets would write stories about the great speech of motivation given by the youthful alligator. Many if not all ponies in the crowd were moved to tears, rivers of joy streaming down their faces. Even Celestia herself was unprepared for the harsh display of truth and the cunning usage of virtues by the small alligator. As soon as the speech was finished, the reptile walked away into the sunset, surrounded by mares. Everypony saluted the brave hero as he charge head first into the battle that would determine the fate of Equestria itself.

-

Night soon began to fall for our scaly hero, forcing him to find a shelter. After a long day of tedious walking, the fearless warrior decided that a random hole in the ground would be his resting place. As soon as he entered the resting place worthy of gods, hundreds of cobras and other species of snakes darted out, fearing for their lives. Any dangerous creature knew better than to attack the legendary hero. The reptile slowly settled down after a rough day of adventuring for a well-deserved rest.

A few minutes into sleeping, he was awoken by the sound of screaming. He opened his soulless eyes, daring danger to look into them. Strutting out of the fortress of dirt, he saw a mare being attacked by black and red alicorns with zebra stripes. The other alicorns were slowly closing in of the brown mare, planning to devour her. A stray alicorn's ears perked up, and looked to the green alligator slowly moving its way to the group, the small reptile's deep amethyst eyes moving over to each being in the group, staring deep into each of their souls. Slowly, all the alicorn in the group were immobilized, caught in the trance of the green warrior. A few seconds passed, before they all started to topple over, their fates sealed by the mighty warrior clad in green scales.

The mare looked over to her savior, before giving the handsome rogue that had just saved her life a deep kiss, before pulling away. She gave the mighty alligator a smile, before she began to walk away into the horizon. The young warrior stared back at the mare as she left, before deciding sleep was for the weak, and trudged on ahead into the night.

He was met with countless dangers, such as the cockatrice that turned itself to stone by lying its unworthy eyes onto the alligator god. The mantacore pride that fled from the fearless warrior in green. There was also that one time the small reptile and his pet Phoenix decimated a changeling colony. Anything that stood in the way of the green demon was decimated, eradicated, and purged.

He was a god in his own light; the reptile was more than ready to take the challenge of the foul beast that threatened Equestria itself. Clad in Golden armor, various swords and sabers hung behind of our warrior. The caves in front of him, the known lair of the beast, were the darkest thing pony-kind had ever seen. His armor shone with its own ethereal light, piercing the dark landscape, revealing the beast's latest meal. Hundreds of bones from many creatures lay around the cave, some bones broken in. These valiant creatures fought the mighty beast until their last breath.

Gummy just stared at the bones, before blinking his left and right eye two times. The bones came to life; flesh grew like weeds on their bodies. A few seconds passed, and the small alligator revived all of the fallen creatures. The assortment of creatures looked to their leader, the one who had revived them all. The living god looked down at them, blinking his left eye. All the creatures bowed, before exiting the foul cave, respecting their leaders wish to fight the mighty beast alone. The great warrior paced deeper into the cave, his armor casting an ethereal glow that cast a soft, yet visible, light. A few treacherous hours passed, as the hero slowly made his way deeper and deeper into the network of caves.

The only sound made at these depths was the sound of an infernal scratching, shifting of rocks, and boiling liquids. The brave reptile trudged on, his only goal to defeat the unstoppable beast. As he walked with the grace of gods, he finally was met with a gigantic chamber, the resting place of the horrid beast.

The space were the great beast rested was extraordinary large, bigger than the size of the throne room in Canterlot. In the middle of it all, sat the white furred abomination. Its dagger-like eyes fighting an intense battle with the reptiles own soulless eyes. As the god and beast fought, the cave around them started to shake. The anticipation of the fight had manifested into a force, threatening to suffocate any living being. Still, the reptile god stared down the white furred beast. Several tense seconds were all it took, before both made a move. The abomination threw its gargantuan claws at the mighty warrior. Gummy just sat there, staring at the appendage threatening to make the alligator minced meat.

Mere milliseconds before the god was no more, the claws began to violently shake. They stopped moving, before hanging limply at the sides of the beast. Gummy merely blinked both eyes, before the appendages grew a mind of their own, attacking their master. The great creature let out a hiss of pain, before falling over. Its body limp, the alligator of legends climbed the massive beast, claiming its flesh and blood in the name of Equestria. The mighty hero left the body of the fallen beast alone, only taking a tuff of its snow white fur as a sign of him defeating it.

-

Having made his way back up the network of tunnels, he resumed his goal. He spent another day strutting back to the area where the sun goddess Celestia gave him the task of defeating the beast. The creatures he had saved followed him, never leaving their savior's side.

A few more hours of grueling walking, our hero had reached the spot his noble quest had started. He quickly made his way up to the spot where he made the life changing speech. He lay there, blinking his eyes once again in on intervals. Ponies of all kind looked up, wondering whose amazing singing that was, only to be met with their hero, the legendary gummy, slayer of the beast. Cheers erupted from the crowd. Gummy felt a stray hoof prod his body, and slowly turned around to see Celestia herself. She looked at the brave warrior dreamily, a soft smile playing on her lips.

"Gummy, you have defeated the might beast, and for that, I wish that you would take Luna and my hoof in marriage." Celestia finished, before giving the alligator a deep and passionate kiss. Gummy just stared, not even fazed by the fact that a goddess loved him. He just stared out to the crowd, as they slowly moved in on him. The crowd of ponies picked him up, before throwing him into the air, changing his name as they did so.

"Gummy!"

"Gummy!"

"Gummy!"

-

"Gummy! Wake up you silly alligator!" Pinkie pie seemed to scream at the poor reptile. The small gator opened its purple eyes, looking around, his eyes settling on his pink owner. He lay there and simply blinked.

And nothing interesting happened at all.

Comments ( 11 )

This story..... It brings me all the joy I've ever felt, multiplied by the power of the Man-God Gummy.

Of all the greats, Homer, Socrates, Aristotle, you dwarf them all.

This epic is far greater than the Iliad or the Odyssey. It brought me tears of sorrow and laughter and joy.

And then I realized it was just a dream. lol

All it needed was a vicious white rabbit.

Oh god my lungs, man, my lungs!. :rainbowlaugh:

This story is perfection.

my face thought the story

:rainbowhuh:
:rainbowkiss:
:rainbowlaugh:
one of the funniest epics i've ever had the pleasure of reading thank you for this

Comment posted by Pokey the Unicorn deleted Nov 8th, 2020
Comment posted by crimsongraph deleted Nov 8th, 2020
Comment posted by Pokey the Unicorn deleted Nov 8th, 2020

And, to this day, the citizens of Dreamland believe that King Gummy I, so tragically taken from them at the height of his power, will come back to aid them in their darkest hour.

Login or register to comment