• Published 2nd Jan 2019
  • 13,546 Views, 610 Comments

Nightmare: Rise of the Demons - Elu



A seemingly regular human was turned into a Nightmare from the game Heroes of Might & Magic 5, and then transported to Equestria at the time of Nightmare Moon's return. Soon, he finds himself in the whirlwind of unexpected events.

  • ...
47
 610
 13,546
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 13 )

One must wonder if Nightmaremoon really can think and reason free and clear. She seem to remind me of a A.I. that tries to follow orders and bend the definition to hit her goal in general.
Nightmaremoon really don't seem to think about all the consequences.
- Ponys will not simply tolerate it, non ponys as well
- Nightmaremoon seem to be following the Storm Kings logic. Have enough power and ignore everything you don't like.
- While Nightmaremoon has the sence to fear something, not having apperently a backup plan will cost her...
- Nightmaremoon counts on everyone to bend to her will, but if not? I doubt she can fight every race on Equis/Equus. Nothing bind creatures like a common goal.
Bring back the Sun - Sounds like one :unsuresweetie:

A Tear of the Goddess shouldn't be that hard to get, it's only 400g.

10977031
I have to agree Nightmare Moon does sound like an "optimizer" style AI. One where it has a goal and simply does what it can to achieve that goal. Nothing else matters or is even considered.

"Thou hast no idea what consequences shall befall Equestria if thou succeedst," Luna's thoughts echoed in her mind.(...)
"Nothing I cannot deal with once I have the power," Nightmare Moon replied dismissively, "Thou shalt see it soon."
"If only I haven't created thee this blind to what thine actions would entail..." Luna sighed (...)

She's just trying to bring about Eternal Night and purposefully ignoring even THINKING about what the fallout from that will be. I don't think Luna's mention of consequences is in reference to ponies at all. I think Luna is smart enough to KNOW that Eternal Night will kill the planet. Without sunlight everything dies in freezing darkness.

10977297
Unless everything lives in a 40 mile wide longitudinal swath...

11009542
Yep... People playing on Idiot balls is really sad...

I don’t know what’s happening anymore.

May i inquire about any info regarding the release date of the next chapter?

Elu

11199153
I've no idea yet. I'm trying to build up a backlog of chapters so that I can post consistently, but my mood really disagrees with this. Things are even shittier in the world right now than before, especially when Russia is concerned, and so I'm trying to deal with that. Writing doesn't come easy to me now, I fear.

hmmm nightmare moon might be in charge for now but I got a feeling she'll become one of his followers.

also might be my love of nightmare moon making me bias but getting some shipping vibes.

Elu

11495482
Yeah, I will eventually update, it will just take time. I don't know whether I will update it before summer comes because I'm stretched enough as is writing just one story. I will probably move from one story to another one by one, though not yet sure in which order.

Good story, would like to know if or when it gets finished though. The original story you have linked in the description requires a view password (whatever that is, since this is the first time I've heard of a view password). If its ok with you, could you let me know what it is?

Elu

11615229
I've unpublished my old stories, click here to see why and also how to access my old stories.

This story will eventually update, I'm just a bit swamped because of, well, everything.

Login or register to comment