• Published 17th Apr 2019
  • 636 Views, 5 Comments

Impossible Numbers' Flashfic Anthology, Volume Three - Impossible Numbers



Entries submitted for Loganberry's 150-Word Flashfic Contests. Individual genre ratings, story summaries, and links are included within the long description.

  • ...
1
 5
 636

Derpy's Bucket List

“All done!”

Yawning, Amethyst surveyed her office-slash-living-room-slash-place-to-wonder-what-the-hayseed-had-gone-wrong-with-her-life. For Derpy, she ticked the last item on “Derpy’s Buck-It List!!!!!”

She frowned. “Rodeo… Languages… Time travel?”

“Aheh. Well, one thing led to another, then poof! Twenty-six adventures before breakfast.”

Amethyst glowered… then relaxed. Derpy, lying? Never. She’d seen Derpy do some of these. The French-learning had consisted of Derpy’s “bonny-jo-urr, silver plate” school of multilingualism, but she’d tried.

“Now what? I must’ve done everything in the world.”

Amethyst boiled with resentment. Either hard work organizing or a hard time watching Twilight do it instead. She'd hardly ever left Ponyville.

How should I know?” she muttered.

Derpy leaked misery.

With instant shame, Amethyst cooled down. After all, Derpy still trusted… valued… her list-making skills.

“Don’t suppose…” Amethyst mumbled guiltily “…you’d teach me some French?”

And Derpy cheered up like a Hearth’s Warming present. Now that was worth an afternoon of “Jer swee Der-pay”.

Comments ( 3 )

Forgive me if I've already asked this, but how were you able to make each chapter exactly 150 words?

9570564

No worries. Each of these was a candidate in the same kind of contest, and those contests have the exact same word limit. Me being me, I inevitably push right against that limit. Every time.

Delightful bites of silliness. I especislly loved Fluttershy's postmortem critter care.

Login or register to comment