• Published 27th Dec 2018
  • 1,235 Views, 229 Comments

High Seas of Adventure - Silver Dragon Blade Wing



The Mane Six, along with the Ponies of Ponyville, travel the high seas with a powerful pirate lord in search of a great treasure.

  • ...
1
 229
 1,235

Chapter 2: Chase through the mists

Four days after leaving Manehatten

The cruise had started off great, three days for enjoyment for the passengers and crew, among the Nobles form Canterlot were Fancy Pants, his wife Fleur de lis and the Princesses nephew Blueblood (Who had, after finding out who Rartiy was, mended things and had became a friend). The CMC and the other foals from Ponyville played games with the student six and the other students from the School of Friendship.

Unfortunately, the peace didn't last; about midday on the fourth day the Traveler was caught in a major storm that blow them way off course , which had caused the ship to cross paths with a small Caribou fleet. The Traveler was unarmed so it had no choice but to flee. Luck did seem to be with the Ponies however as the unexpected appearance of a rogue wave sank most of the Caribou ships.

Shining Armor looked behind their ship seeing the Caribou ships gaining, he turned to the Captain.

"Can't this thing go any faster?!"

"No we can't, even with the Pegasus Ponies and the baby Dragon blowing hot air into the sails, every able Pony using oars and the steam engine going full power we can't outrun them in the open!"

Shining snorted in anger, but not at the Captain.

Cadance came up, "Could we lose them them in those mists?" she said pointing to a wall of fog not to far away. Shining's and the Captain's eyes brighten and mouths opened in huge smiles.

"Looks like our luck hasn't run out yet." The Captain said turning the Traveler towards the fog.

"Cadance that's prefect!"

The Traveler sailed full speed towards the wall of fog, most of the Ponies didn't notice but as they entered the fog the Caribou ships turned back. Twilight was on deck looking around, surprised at how heavy the fog felt.

"This fog doesn't feel right, it feels too heavy." Rainbow landed next to her.

"Yea Twi, this feels odd."

Angel Wings spoke up, "At least we escaped the Caribou. I don't about you but I'd rather not end up as one of their slaves." She stuttered at the though. Pretty much everypony else agreed with her. Flare Warden was wondering something however,

"Why did they turn back? Caribou don't stop for fog." That when Flash spoke up from the bow.

"Ah sis, I think they turned back for... this." He said pointing his hoof forward.

The fog parted, revealing hundreds of rock spires, jagged rock spires. Some rocks were small enough to be no threat to the Traveler, while others were bigger and taller then the skyscrapers in Manehatten, and many of the rocks had ship wrecks impaled on them, some high above the water.

The water and fog was a sickly and ghostly light green which only added to the fear factor.

But in front of them was a wreck of a double-hulled Caribou ironclad, it was an absolute wreck; it had ran aground against a pillar close to the size of a Manehatten skyscraper, and a lot taller. Several branching spikes the length of a train struck through different areas, many pieces of the heavy rusted hull were missing with loose, hanging pieces of moss all over it. The hull looked like it had been bent from the starboard side, like something very large had rammed it.

"Who did this?" Night Night asked no one in particular with amazed horror.

"Better question honey, what did this." Velvet said standing next to him.

The Traveler pulled up to the ironclad, dropping anchor Night Light, Flash Sentry, and Flare Warden took an ear comm crystal each and entered the wreck. Night slowly walked down a rusted out hallway which had a lot of holes, exposing it to the outside.

"What's it look like in there Night?" Velvet's voice came through.

"There's a lot of battle damage, and from my scans I'd say no older then a year at most. This wreck hasn't been here for very long.

"The Caribou that were after us?" Applejack asked.

"I don't think so, the scans of the damage don't match the Caribou's weapons, and it wouldn't make sense to sink one of their own rare Ironclads." A critical thought came into his head just then. "Everypony stay sharp. Whatever did this could very well still be around."

"What does he mean by "Stay sharp"? We sharpen ourselves like pencils?"

Flare: No Pinkie, it means keep your eyes and ears open. I found the engine room and... wow... it looks like the entire unit was blown out, whole. Whatever hit them was hard, fast, and utterly without mercy. Judging from the... (Gulp) blood spots and bodies we found, most of them had no chance to defend themselves.

Flash here, I made it to the bridge, dear Faust it's a mess. Flare might be right, most of the crew are still at their stations... oh my goodness, I found the commander, or what's left of him. Who or whatever ended him made it as slow as possible,

Night: What do you mean by "what's left of him"?

Flash: Tust me, you really don't want to know.

"Don't Caribou rank up by... the more slaves they have?" Vapor asked, scared. Sky put a hoof around her trying to comfort her.

Flash: Yes they do... looks like the medals were removed. I don't see them anywhere around here. Whoever ended the commander likely took the medals, most likely as trophies.

Night: What I want to know is what could damage an ironclad like this. For what I know cannonballs can't harm ships like this.

Flash: From the looks of things, they might have been shells, but... those are very rare. Only elite naval branches use those.

Night: The cannonballs might have been enchanted, I'm getting some very faint traces of magic from some of the damaged areas.

Flare: Looks like whatever attack looted the place clean, the cargo holds are empty.

Flash: I think Flare's right again, I don't see any... WHOA!"

Flare: Flash! You Okay?! Respond!

Flash: Easy Flare I'm okay, I have reason to believe the ironclad was rammed.

Night: What makes you say that?"

Flash: I just came across a big open gash in the ship. If I were to guess, the ironclad was hit from the side and then it was ran aground on this rock pillar.

Flare: I agree, I'm seeing metal twisted around here now.

Night: Flash, Flare, I think we've spend enough time here. Let's go back, I'm getting an uneasy feeling.

Flash: Roger that, I've seen enough.

Flare: Good idea, I'm getting really bad shivers here.

After the three were back aboard the Traveler everypony gathered together.

"Where are we? this place isn't on any of the charts." The Captain said scratching his head.

"We were blow way off course by that storm, wait here I be right back." The navigator walked into the ship and a few minutes later returned with a rolled up scroll. He unrolled it, showing a map of the area they were in.

"We're in the Jagged Pillars, one of the areas of the Sea of Legends." He said.

"The Sea of Legends? That place is just a myth." Twilight said.

"They said the same thing about Nightmare moon, Discord, and quite a few other things we faced in the past your royal studious." Spike deadpanned.

"...Oh..." Was all Twilight said.

"Ah... guys?" Angel spoke up, Everypony turned to her.

"What Angel?" Soarin asked.

"If the Sea of Legends is just a myth, then what's that?" She said pointing off the ship's port side.

They all turned, and saw faint red lights through the fog that were slowly getting brighter.

"Kill the lights now!" The Captain ordered, the crew quickly carrying it out. Just as the last light when out a massive shape emerged, a giant ship. The Ponies on the Traveler were awed by the sheer size of the ship, with Vapor putting it best.

"That is one big ship of the Line."

"That's not a ship Vapor, it's a fortress." Flare said.

From what they could see at a distance the hull was four colors in a pattern of black, red, purple, and cyan in that order from the bottom which repeated as it traveled up the hull and there was bright gold trim all over the hull, such as in between the gun decks and the gun hatches themselves are also the above four colors only set to give two different contrasts to the gun deck they were on, being the black areas have red hatches with purple centers, the red areas had cyan hatches with black centers, the purple areas had gold hatches with cyan centers, and the cyan areas had black hatches with red centers. Spread all over the Hull were glowing orange ember-like spots, appearing like fire was burning brightly on the interior walls of these areas, there was also areas where the same glow effect was red with large Runes mixed in and emerald green. The size of these areas ranged from large to small and long to short with a few spots not having any Glow at all, and none of the three Glowing areas crossed over each other, with each being on a color band that allowed one to easy see the Hull color in bright lights while still leaving the Glow easily visible. The Glow Effect is also visible on the centers of the Gun Hatches.

The sails had a trapezoid-shaped cutout on the top and bottom sides and a rectangle cutout on the sides, the border of the sails had a green line that formed into bumps and rings around four corner holes, several green dots are spread-out on the sails. The bottom row of sails above the decks had a triangle-shaped cutout on the bottom. The sails were colored red with the sides being silver and a black stripe in between the middle and sides, though the colors shifted to gold starting from the bottom half of the symbol going from faint to very bright but the colors had been somewhat darkened after many battles, also the red middle tapered to a point starting under the symbol with the bordering black stripes doing the same. The spots below the tapering point was also silver though the gold made it hard to see, along the top edge of the sail is a swirling gold flourish.

In the center of the sails was a large symbol of a forward-facing four-winged, three-tailed dragon flying above a Maelstrom with a black treasure chest clutched in its front claws, various red lines on the dragon and chest bringing out the details of the two. The same symbol was seen on numerous banners that hung from yards and other areas.

The sails were tattered with several holes of various sizes spread throughout them though the damage isn’t enough to effect their performance. The symbol, sail edges, and tears glow were glowing. The symbol’s colors were green (Dragon), gold (Chest), and blue (Maelstrom). The tears color was Orange and the sail edging color was red. The rails themselves also had a strange glow effect even under the clouded sky that makes them easy to see. They could see numerous masts that reached very high into the air, with multiple shapes hanging or flying among the rigging.

The ship itself was at least 28 decks above the water line, not counting the fore and aft-castles, but towards the front a space was missing six decks, lights of various colors from lanterns could be seen all over the top decks, rigging, shrouds, forecastle and aft-castle.

The thing that really had their attention was the ship's bow; it had been shaped like a massive dragon head with a gaping maw and giant teeth, looking ready to swallow anything unfortunate to fall in and the two large crystal eyes were blood red and glowing and protruding from the chin was a long and very big hardened steel ram that had claw like spikes starting from the back half of the ram to just in front of the hull, the spikes started small and increased in size towards the back. Under the very long bowsprit, which protruded out just above the dragon's head, were several figureheads; the base of the Figureheads on the Bow constantly emitted a shroud of thick fog that trailed several feet behind as the Ship sailed forward. The first Figurehead sat under the others and was a large piece of curved metal resembling a cutlass blade with the cutting edge baring a resemblance to teeth on a saw blade.

The second Figurehead was above this one and the bottom one was attached at the back point to the base of this one, it was a round gold shield-like face boarded by a silver ring with the sail symbol in black on it, trailing behind the shield are four banner-like extensions curved from wood, two on top and two on the bottom, with silver coin-shaped claps towards the ends. The top banners were red and the bottom ones were black. The symbol on the shield had glowing red outlines and eyes that cast the black shape of the symbol on the water in front of the ship like a spotlight.

Fitted over top of the second Figurehead was the large skull of a creature with a beak with the Shield Symbol being seen in the mouth from the front. Attached to the chin of the skull was the first Figurehead on the front point.

Attached to the bowsprit in front of and above the forehead of the skull was a Figurehead consisting of a metal extension with a Pony Mare skull missing its lower jaw with red Gems in the eyes, nose, and protruding out of the mouth. At the base of this Figurehead is a pair of large gold-colored lanterns, one on each side, a red cloth is draped on each side starting just behind the top of the skull and down to behind and a bit past the Lanterns. A black chain started on the part above and forward of the Mare skull which traveled up to a gold chain loop with a large cage hangs from in between this Figurehead and the next one. The cage had a gold top with short chain, base, center ring and rivets and black bars with a red cloth covering the floor and hanging down a bit.

The third Figurehead was a Dragon with its body coiling around a metal beam twice, with the tail splitting in two and traveling above the eye sockets of the skull. The Dragon had two front legs with tree fingers tipped with black claws while the open maw of the Dragon had black, rock-like teeth. The body glowed brightly with yellow in the center that changed to orange than red towards the edges and tips.

In front and above of the Dragon is an Alicorn with a gold coat and purple hooves, wrapped around the horn were two Purple chain rings and another four were wrapped around the cannon of the right foreleg. The mane, tail, eyes, horn and wings were glowing: The mane and tail are red, the eyes are silver, the horn is green, and the wings had two glowing areas: The feathers were blue while the wings themselves were orange. The eyes projected a large silver halo or ring around the bowsprit above the head, this ring was quite visible even in the fog around them and in the left hoof was a large lantern in the shape of a gibbet cage with a large red flame burning within.

In front and above of the Alicorn is a Wyvern colored various shades of red ranging from normal to dark with its tail going into the wood attaching the Alicorn to the bow and the mouth was open with flame shooting out, the eyes were orange and yellow as was the flame. The Wyvern had three metal bands that were black but the areas in front of the body changed to orange then yellow, the center of the bands were broken, bent and twisted. The rivets holding the bands to the bowsprit are also glowing orange.

In front and above the Wyvern was the final figurehead which is another Dragon only shaped like the symbol on the sail with a silver body, red eyes, and black claws and tail blades. The center tail blade had a sapphire on it in the center of the blade, a long harpoon with small chains hanging off from in between the Alicorn and the Wyvern Figureheads towards the back jutted out. The Dragon had both back legs on this harpoon and the front left leg is gripping it while the right front leg had a rounded shield with a symbol of two crossed halberds behind a forward-facing Dragon head on it, the symbol glowed green.

Set to the sides of the Mare Skull Figurehead above the cloth extensions are a were of four Harpoons with three sets of chains holding them up set in a 12-3-6-9 pattern though the top and bottom Harpoons are longer, the ones at the 12, 3 and 9 positions had Red paint on their tips that resembles blood.

"I Think we now know what hit that ironclad." Flash said.

"I've never seen a ship like that, how could anypony build something like that?" Twilight asked.

"I don't know why Twi, but it looks like it could carry enough cannons to sink a fleet." Shining said.

Several spotlights lit up and began sweeping the area. The lights were attached to nine towers that rose at least three levels above the main deck which was protected by walls, on top of the towers were large mortars and flanking them were two ,one on each side, smaller cylinder shaped towers that travel down seven decks. Each tower held five cannon turrets holding two long-barreled cannons each, two levels below the main deck in between the cylinder towers were what looked like draw bridges. The Ponies could see several towers like the cylinder towers but smaller in several spots along the side of the ship and numerous large, long flags flapping in the light wind along with the banners.

The flags were red in color with the Dragon on it but unlike the banners, where the Dragon is facing forward, the Dragon on the Flag was seen from the side with the head facing towards the end of the flag. The flag itself is actually a Pennon with a pointed end and two black triangles starched on one corner on the corners facing the flag pole, chevrons colored gold and silver close to the nose of the Dragon, a blue stripe after the chevrons, and a purple chevron facing inward.

"I don't think those colors belong to any nation we know of." Sandbar said.

"Pirates." Shining whispered.

"How could simple Pirates build a ship like that?" one of the Nobles asked.

"I don't know, but we'd better not let them find us." Flare said.

"Doesn't look like they see us, if we let them past we might be able to escape."

"Are you sure Princess Cadance?" The Captain asked.

"No I'm not but as along as nothing alerts them we should be fine."

At that moment, fate was temped, and played a hand; Spike felt his nose inch.

"Oh no... oh no, Ahhh...Ahhhh...Aahhhh."

The eyes of everypony around Spike, who were the School of Friendship students, went wide and placed their hooves over his nose to stop the sneeze. A few minutes before Spike let out a sigh of relief.

"Thanks, I'm good now."

The students pulled their hooves away.

"Few, that was too close. For a moment I thought we were..." One of the students, a young mare by the name of Patty Peppermint, was saying when...

Without warning, Spike let out a giant sneeze with a large puff of emerald flame, nearly hitting an Earth Pony Stallion named End Zone, instead only lightly singeing the tips of his tail.

"...in trouble." Patty finished quietly.

"Do they see us?" Pinkie asked.

The spotlights swing around and shined on the Traveler, the massive ship then turned faster then a ship it's size should have. The Ponies aboard the Traveler could see two trails of smoke coming from two pipe clusters at the stern.

"THEY SEE US!!!" Was the general response. Quickly the anchor was up and the Traveler speed off with the giant hot on their tail, a sound not unlike a low roar emitting from the dragon's maw.


Dragon of the Depths

A little earlier

Razor Tail stared at the compass in his hand, deep in thought. After a three day trip the Outcast had arrived in the Jagged Pillars an hour ago and had began searching for any new wrecks or "live ones". The compass Razor had once belonged to his grandfather, after Razor had escaped his prison he had found a box his mother Silver Winds had left for him. In the box were a number of items including this compass, instead of pointing in the standard directions like normal compasses it pointed to what the holder wanted most. While Razor preferred to sail the normal way, he had found this compass to be useful in finding locations one could not find with normal compasses.

As he was thinking, Atlas came up next to him.

"Razor?" When he didn't respond, she placed her hoof on his shoulder and gave it a light shake. Blinking his eyes into focus he looked at her.

"Yes Atlas?"

"Are you okay? You were staring at you compass quite heavily."

"Yea I was just lost in some memories."

"Thinking about your mother?"

"Yea,"

"I know you told us what she was like but... something has been bugging me since then."

"(Smirking) Are you sure it's not because your a Changeling."

"(Shoves his shoulder playfully) Oh hush you, it's because...well..."

She drew in a calming breath.

"What would have Silver Winds though of me?" She finally asked rubbing a hoof against her foreleg.

Razor reached over and covered her with a wing.

"Atlas, please relax. Mom would have loved you, she would have been happy to have you as a daughter."

Atlas gave a light smile. "Even after the Canterlot invasion, which left a bad impression of us Changelings?"

"Mom was an understanding Mare, she would at the very least given you the benefit of doubt. Besides, your hive had nothing to do with the invasion, I would know, we were fighting a war at the time." He leaned over and give her neck a loving nuzzle. "You remember how me meet?" Atlas smiled fondly.

"I still remember as if it were yesterday; Me and my surviving subjects had landed on that island after escaping the attack. We were morning the ones we had lost, when you came forward and offered some comfort."

"I admit it was a little strange to feel you and the other Changelings feeding off me, but afterward I felt pretty good."

"Well according to recent research, those who give love willingly to a Changeling do gain health benefits."

Razor just chuckled and laid his head on top of Atlas' head, she removed her hat to make it easier for him. Being mindful of her horn she snuggled into him.

Anymore conversion was cut off when the blue crystal Apollo had given Razor before leaving port, began to glow very brightly and emit a high-pinched noise from it's place on the center the compass disk.

Both snapped to attention as it did, so did the rest of the crew. Looking closely at it he saw the arrow, which was shaped like a key for some reason (Razor had found it like this, the note said his grandfather while friendly, was a bit of an oddball.) was pointing off the starboard side.

"One of the crystals is close, Hard to starboard!" He shouted to the ship's four helmsmen, who were a Unicorn, a Pegasus, a Minotaur, and a Longma, who all worked the ship's three wheels. After a few minutes they emerged from the fog. Razor now stood on the top aft-castle deck, looking out over the creepy waves.

"Turn the spotlights on!" Gold Fire ordered.

As the lights swept over the water and mists, the crew looked out searching for anything out of the ordinary. Razor watched the compass disk as it glowed a very bright blue and the arrow settled.

Frowning as he closed the lid, he put the compass away and walked to the railing looking over the starboard side.

'Where is it, it's here somewhere, it's close.'

Just when he was about turn around a bright flash of emerald flame flashed, lighting up an area not far off.

'What the..?"

The crewmates manning the starboard spotlights swing them around to were the flash was, revealing a ship. The ship was fairly large, not close to the Dragon, but larger then most merchant ships, a cruise ship. Razor pulled out his compass and flipped the lid open, the arrow was pointing at the cruise ship. He spun around to the helmsmen again and shouted,

"Hard to starboard!!"

The Dragon turned faster then most would think such a large ship could, everyone could feel the rumble of the heavy steam engines came to life with smoke poring out of the twin smokestack clusters that stuck out of the stern.

The reason the Dragon could maneuver like it could was because of the devices Razor had installed into it when it was first built. When the steam engines had been installed a set of twelve propellers had been placed at the bow and roughly mid-back forward of the stern propellers, kind of like the ones seen on the larger, solely steam engine powered cruise ships that had only entered service about six mouths ago.

Really helpful in tighter areas such as the Jagged Pillars.

Razor let a predatory smile show, "Gear up lads, we got a live one!"

One by one, the Head Officers lifted up a trumpet to their mouths and blew into it, sounded the battle cry. The crew rushed to their stations, they all knew that sound; they had live prey.

Immediately cannons came out of the side, front, and back gun ports.

Razor grabbed onto a voice pipe and softly ordered, "Engine room... Full power ahead."

The Dragon rumbled heavier as the steam engines went to max power.


The Traveler

The Ponies were scrambling trying to keep ahead of the giant behind them. A Unicorn Stallion named November Rain ran to the stern, looking out over the water and fog.

"Pirates in here, Caribou out there, we're trapped." He said, panic in his voice.

Cadance spoke up, "Not if they can't find us."

Shining, understanding what Cadance was thinking, said, "Captain, head into the fog."

"We'll be going right into zero visibly, ship wrecks, and Faust knows how many pillars of razor sharp rock."

"We'll have to take that chance, if these pirates can make a ship like that the who knows what else they can do."

"Good point."

The Traveler turned and went into the thicker areas of fog.


Dragon of the Depths

The Dragon turned and followed the cruise ship into the fog, Razor smiled widely as a familiar and welcome feeling came over him.

"They want a chase do they? We'll give them a chase!" He laughed clenching a fist and with a enthusiast smile.

Those who study Kirins would know that among the things one would enjoy, there was one thing that they enjoyed immensely; The thrill of a hunt.

At the front forecastle some crew were setting up special rockets, after they finished they aimed the launchers, lit the fuses, and took cover. The fuses burned at different speeds til they launched one at a time with a high-pitched moaning sound into the fog.


Traveler

The Ponies on the Traveler jumped in surprise the unexpected high-pitched moaning coming from behind them.

"What the hay is that?!" Rainbow cried out.

Several explosions behind them were her answer. The Ponies watched as numerous projectiles sailed through the air and detonated, the fog around the blast zones clearing greatly for a few seconds before the fog filled the spots again.

Twilight spoke, "What are those?" It was Dash who answered.

"Those are fog clearing rockets."

"Fog clearing rockets?" Shining asked.

"They're used by the Equestian Weather Bureau for clearing fog in areas were visibility is vital, the rocket clears the fog but only lasts for a short time."

"How could pirates get their hooves on those?" Twilight asked, Rainbow just shrugged.

"They're not that hard to make, any Pegasus with weather experience can make them and their harmless, so the head weather Ponies in Cloudsdale don't feel that they are a hazard."

Shining and Twilight looked at each other, maybe they should bring this up with Celestia later.


Dragon of the Depths

The Pegasus manning the crows nest had spotted their prey, White Fang ran up to were Razor was standing.

"We got them sir, their just ahead." He said with a smirk. Razor smirked back.

"Say on them," he said raising his halberd, "Let's reel them in."

Suddenly a Winged Thestral flew from the front were the launchers were, she landed next to White and Razor.

"Sirs! We have run out of Fog clearing rockets!"

"What?!" Razor shouted, turning to White "How can we be out of those rockets?!"

The albino Thestral shied back form the angry Kirin.

"Must not have loaded as many as we thought, we did also have to clear fog earlier to avoid the giant pillars." He squeaked, hope to calm the Kirin down. To his relief Razor's wings, which would spread a bit when he was mad, folded back against his sides and his lips covered his sharp teeth again.

"Good point," he admitted. "But you and I are have a chat later about checking inventory."

White just slowly nodded.

Atlas, who was standing next to the helm, spoke up.

"How are going to find them now?"

Razor looked out into the fog, then ordered, "Load the mortars with flare shots. Light up the fog!"

Soon the mortars were firing, a few minutes later the area around them lit up brightly, revealing a silhouette of a cruise ship off their port bow. Razor give a wide, predatory smile.

"I see you."

The Dragon veered portside.


Traveler

"THEY SEE US!!" Angel Wings shouted.

Shining looked around, before spotting that some of the rock pillars looked weak. If the Unicorns hit them enough times with magic bolts, the rock would fall and block the path behind them. Quickly he said his plan and the other Unicorns on board readied themselves, then fired at the rock.

After a few hits the pillars broke in two and fell behind the Traveler, blocking their pursuer.

"Okay, let's hope that brought us some distance." Vapor said looking back at the blockade.


Dragon of the Depths

But even as the Traveler sped away, the Dragon didn't even slow down as it rammed through the rock pile.

This chase was far from over.

Razor was standing next to the voice pipes when the Pegasus lookout in the crows nest voice came through.

"Sir,"

"Yes?"

"I see a flanking route to our starboard bow."

"Understood, helm head for that route."

The Dragon turned and went down the path.


Traveler

The Ponies remained as still as possible, their ears straining to hear anything from their pursuer, after about ten minutes they heard nothing and there was no sign of the pirates.

"Looks like we lost them." Sky said with a cocky smile.

Shining wasn't so sure, and just when he was about to voice this, he was proven right when a massive shape shot out off their port bow, the pirates had flanked them.

":rainbowderp::rainbowderp::rainbowderp::rainbowderp: A BRICK!!!!" The Captain shouted at the top of his lungs as he turned very hard to starboard, bring the Traveler right next to the giant. The student six watch the giant maw of the Dragon head shaped bow come far too close to them, the dragon head emitting a sound like a roar.

"Okay that's horrifying." Gallus said pointing to it, the other nodded in agreement.

At this point the Ponies abroad the Traveler saw the amount of cannons on the side, and there were a lot of them. Just as the cannons fired Shining cast a shield spell, it held up but only just, Twilight and Starlight joined in casting shield spells.

The Traveler finally got ahead of the pirates and sped ahead at full speed. Just as those on board were losing hope that they would escape, Soarin shouted,

"I see sunlight through the fog, to our right!"

The Captain looked over and, seeing the light, turned hard to starboard. Soon the Traveler slipped out of the fog and into the light of day.

But they weren't out of the woods yet, the pirates were right behind them and gaining.

Author's Note:

(Edited and updated the Dragon of the Depth's design)

A bit of a long author's note.

I know I said the Caribou would only be mentioned in chapter 1, I changed my mind, they will make some appearances but in only three major ones at the moment.

And the School of Friendship students in this story have names as they do have a role, just not quite sure what at the moment.

Names for the unnamed SOFH students are from reddit.

The School of Friendship students are as follows with coat colors and cutie marks for easier ID;

Vellum Codex (Earth Pony Stallion with pale, light grayish indigo coat and scroll cutie mark)

Citrine Spark (Unicorn Mare with brilliant amber coat and red and light-yellow starburst cutie mark)

Stage Tales (Unicorn Stallion with moderate gamboge coat and comedy/tragedy masks cutie mark)

Patty Peppermint (Pegasus Mare with pale, light grayish spring green coat and three interlocked gold rings cutie mark. She also wears a purple bow)

Soaring Virtue (Pegasus Mare with light sap greenish gray coat and pink hummingbird cutie mark)

Sugar Mable (Pegasus Stallion with light apple greenish gray coat and red maple leaf cutie mark)

Love Melody, Juno, and Burning Heart (Unicorn Mares, three of the Sailor Moon Ponies that attend the School)

Pizzelle (Pegasus Mare with yellowish white coat and two feathers cutie mark)

Unnamed Ponies, Names with this mark* are one I gave.

Earth Ponies;

Berry Blend (Mare with pale light grayish cerise coat and three berries cutie mark)

Raspberry Scoop (Mare with pale light grayish gamboge coat and ice cream cone cutie mark)

Crescent Stars* (Mare with grayish indigo coat and crescent moon and three stars cutie mark)

Lucky Cover* (Mare with light aquamarineish gray coat and three four-leaf covers cutie mark)

Grapeshake* (Mare with pale, light grayish gold coat and milkshake cutie mark)

Apple Betty* (Mare with Pale, light grayish raspberry coat and apple brown Betty cutie mark)

Golden Wheat* (Mare with light tangelo coat and two grains of wheat cutie mark)

State Sentiments (Stallion with light sapphire bluish gray coat with scroll cutie mark)

End Zone (Stallion with grayish opal coat and American football cutie mark)

Popsicle* (Stallion with grayish magenta coat and popsicle cutie mark)

Unicorns;

Summer Meadow (Mare with light cobalt bluish gray coat and a bunch of purple flowers cutie mark)

November Rain (Stallion with pale, light grayish sapphire blue coat and rain cloud with moderate blue violet raindrops cutie mark)

Mulberry Flowers (Mare with brilliant orange coat and a bunch of purple flowers cutie mark)

Honeycomb* (Mare with moderate rose coat and three yellow hexagonal objects cutie mark)

Sun Field* (Mare with pale, light grayish gold coat and sunflower cutie mark)

Goldtile* (Stallion with pale, light grayish gold coat and two square tile-like objects cutie mark)

Monkey Wrench* (Stallion with moderate amaranth and wrench cutie mark)

Cobalt Firer* (Stallion with moderate cobalt blue coat and either a fried egg or a white flower cutie mark)

Steamsail* (Stallion with light orange coat and steamboat and fish cutie mark)

Pegasi;

Huckleberry (Stallion with pale, light grayish gold coat and three purple mangosteens cutie mark)

Rainbow Catcher* (Mare with light rosish gray coat and a rainbow between two clouds cutie mark)

Ocean Note* (Stallion with light greenish gray coat and ocarina cutie mark)

Sky Slicer* Stallion with pale, light grayish chartreuse green coat and pizza slice cutie mark)

Sorry for the long note but I wanted to get their names out of the way. Also this chapter was delayed because my operating system for my computer gave my the middle feather and dropped some important files so I had to reformat the drive. Thankfully, the operating system was the only thing I lost due to being on a separate drive to everything else.

Anyway, Next chapter our Ponyville friends cross paths, and swords, with the crew of the Dragon of the Depths.

See you all then!