• Published 27th Dec 2018
  • 1,238 Views, 229 Comments

High Seas of Adventure - Silver Dragon Blade Wing



The Mane Six, along with the Ponies of Ponyville, travel the high seas with a powerful pirate lord in search of a great treasure.

  • ...
1
 229
 1,238

Chapter 19: Days of gathering Loot

Dragon of The Depths

21 Days into the Voyage

Razor stood in the Crow's Nest with the Lookout, scanning the area with his custom spyglass. Earlier that morning he had received a report from Outcast spies in the NTU; Their report had detailed the route that a large Union Treasure fleet was making its way along the Trade Route known as "The Dots", an area holding a giant chain of small islands with varying distances between them. The chain sat on the edge of the bustling route, NTU ships used this route a lot as the island clusters mostly protected them from most pirate attacks, key word being "most".

This area was also a prefect spot for an ambush by those who were crafty and bold enough.

The Dragon had arrived at the edge of the chain a few hours earlier and had her sails stored, she was not alone this time either. After receiving the report Razor had sent word to any nearby Outcast ships to give some backup, with a small fleet of four Sloops of War, three Schooners and Brigantines, two Barques, and a War Galleon answering the call. However, it apparently wasn't just the Outcasts searching for the Union fleet, the Dragon's scouts had spotted a small Redcoat Union fleet consisting of two Sloops of War, two Brigantines, and a Frigate on the outskirts.

The Redcoat Union was one of the four Empires that had forces in the SOL, though like the other three they didn't have much impact outside of their territories as the four were too busy fighting each other, but that didn't mean that they could be found around the SOL. Their merchant and treasure fleets were favorite targets for the Outcasts and other pirates.

It wasn't long before the NTU Treasure Fleet was spotted, it was a fairly large fleet with the Cargo section consisting of thirdly Fluyts, thirdly Merchantmen, and twenty Merchant Galleons escorted by sixty Sloops, sixty Sloops of War, thirdly Schooners, twenty Brigantines, sixteen Frigates, ten Men 'O War, six Ships of the Line, and even one Juggernaut. Razor was honestly surprised by the sheer number of ships, none of the Outcasts had seen a NTU fleet that large since the Rise of the Outcasts War.

Razor knew however that a direct attack would fail without question, but that was were the island chain came in; the NTU fleet had to travel through the clusters to reach the trade route which they would have to split up into small groups. The Outcast ships would also split up, the bodies of water throughout the chain were large enough that the smaller ships would be able to maneuver with ease but the Dragon herself would not be able to due to both her length and deep draft. Instead, she would wait at the end of the chain were the NTU ships would have to travel to reach the route. This area opened up into the open sea, giving the Dragon plenty of room to maneuver and to bring her full firepower to bear.

The Outcasts still had another ace: Their Submarines, the eight carried by the Dragon had been joined by four more that had come along with the other ships and all twelve of them were fully loaded with Torpedoes of both types, and the channels were deep enough for them to operate.

Razor focused on the Union fleet and noticed something different, mainly their colors.

The Northern Trade Union was more or less split into two factions: the Mainline Forces, and the Hardline Loyalists. The Mainline Forces used navy blue, red and white as their colors, this fleet was using black with two shades of gold; Old Gold and Harvest Gold. Razor let out a sigh, unlike the regular NTU Forces who were more often than not conscripts forced into service that were often malnourished and lived in conditions that were just not meant for living creatures, the Hardline Loyalists were just that, loyal to the point of being blind.

It was a sad truth that went ever the Outcasts faced the Hardline Loyalists, they had no choice but to take them out completely as there was no talking them down... for the most part. Funny enough, despite being the most loyal of the NTU, the Loyalists weren't really any better then the Mainline Units, sure their equipment was a slightly better quality and their uniforms fit better, but the individuals still weren't much better. The reason for this was because these individuals got their ranks through money and connections, and more often then not the "Commanders" didn't have a clue on what they were doing, heck a good number of them were actually mentally unfit for command. Come to think of it, that was basically the NTU's command structure in a nutshell.

Part of the reason the Outcasts had managed to get so many former NTU forces was due to the face that any competent leaders often found themselves completely overshadowed by nepotism among other things; the NTU's command structure was a utter mess, their leaders were all too commonly greedy, cowardly, arrogant, extravagant and more interested in exotic things than foreign policies. They often issued heavy taxes which left more then a few of their subjects penniless and hungry, further forcing many into the Union's military just to feed their families. They also had major prejudices towards everyone who wasn't an Earth Pony, but even then it was bad. Finally, they loved gambling, often with what was supposed to be the wages of their own forces rather than their own money.

Any competent leader, especially those that cared deeply for their men, would very quickly grow disillusioned with the NTU which would only grow greater as they rose in rank, which they often had to fight very hard for. And those that actually got highly enough to see the NTU's leaders personally, well... they would see things that all but destroyed any remaining loyalty towards the faction, especially for those who had any siblings.

Quite often, brothers would find their sisters enslaved by the leaders as their own "personal maids". That caused the commanders to soon after free their siblings, take their family and their men's families and go rogue.

No wonder it was so easy for the Outcasts to take in so many former members of the NTU.

This was also when Outcast Agents would find them and offer them a better life, in the Outcasts of the Abyss. Seeing no better option they would, and those that did join have never looked back.

Pulling out of his thoughts Razor lowered his spyglass, a predatory smile forming on his face as the first of the NTU fleet entered the island chain.

"Time for us to strike."

He flew done to the Quarterdeck and took hold of the helm as the crews of his ship and the other ones got ready, after a short time Razor looked at Snowheart and nodded his head. She smiled, pulled out out her sword and turned to face forward.

"Are we ready for a HUNT?!"

Cheers answered her once again as the sails on each ship deployed, catching the wind as the ships' steam engines kicked on and the small Outcast fleet moved forward. Thunderlane, who was on one of the levels of the Quarterdecks, watched as the fleet split up, the subs went underwater to begin their attack on the NTU fleet while the rest of the Outcasts took out the Redcoat Union fleet so they wouldn't get in the way. Their fleet split into three groups: The first two consisted of Two Sloops of War, a Schooner and Brigantine, and a Barque each. The War Galleon and the last Schooner and Brigantine stayed with the Dragon to give her some support.

It didn't take long for the Outcasts to run into the Redcoat fleet.

The first Outcast ships to engage were the Sloops of war, their Howitzers sang as their shots went high into the air and came back down on the Redcoat ships, two shots missed as their targets moved out of the way but the other two shots hit their marks; a Redcoat Sloop of War was ripped in half as the round landed right behind the mast and a Brigantine lost a decent-sized chunk of the port forecastle. The Redcoat fleet broke formation and began their attack, the Frigate fired off its two Heavy Mortars with a thunderous bang.

"Mortars! Watch your tails!"

"Incoming Fire!"

The captain of the first Schooner (named the Phoenix), an Eastern Kirin Mare, quickly turned the helm to the left and just dodged the Mortar round as it splashed into the water next to the Schooner.

"BLOODY CURSES!" She turned to her First Mate, a Male Diamond Dog, and shouted "SPEED!"

He turned to face forward. "Hold trim for speed!"

The Phoenix picked up speed as she bared down a Redcoat Brigantine as her bow cannons readied. Unlike other factions, who used Heavy Cannons like the 68-Pounder as bow and stern cannons, the Outcasts went a different way by using the 3-inch 4-Pounder tri-barreled Revolving Cannon. While each individual hit was weaker then most other single-shot cannons, it had a much faster rate-of-fire, reaching around sixty rounds per minute and it could keep up continuous fire as along as it had ammo loaded. This made the Revolving Cannon perfect for use as bow and stern cannons for the Outcasts, though if the ship had more then two in those areas the Heavy Cannons would still be used.

The Phoenix's bow cannons fired, numerous shots hitting the Redcoat Brigantine dead on, causing the ship to turn to starboard as the Phoenix did the same, lining up their broadsides. The Redcoat Brigantine retaliated with its own weapons.

"Rockets Incoming!"

A barrage of rockets flew from the Redcoat Brigantine towards the Phoenix, only to impact a light green magic field surrounding the ship. One of the things the Outcasts' Research teams had looked into was shield magic, either through the magic users learning it or using crystals and Kirin Runes. To make a long story short the Outcasts had successfully created shields for their ships, but they did have a few flaws the Outcasts' R&D hadn't yet been able to fix.

The first was that the shield wasn't able to recharge on its own, it needed crystals to do so but each ship only had a limited amount and one wouldn't recharge the whole thing, only a certain amount. The second was once the shield dropped it would be out for the rest of that battle as there was a long process of setting the spell matrix up right again, and finally the shield was more vulnerable to certain ammo types then others.

There was also the fact that the smaller the ship was, the weaker the shield was. Though that was something the Outcasts had expected. Still, despite the flaws the shields did allow their ships to stand and fight longer.

The Redcoat Brigantine finished firing rockets as the Phoenix as it fired back with its both its own rockets and port side cannons. One of the cannon shots must have hit a powder barrel or something as a large explosion tore through the bow of the Redcoat Brigantine in a large fireball. The ship was then finished off as one of the Outcasts' Schooners fired its bow cannons, there was three small explosions followed by one that blew the sails off the masts and the main mast off the ship, followed by the ship slowing and start sinking to the cheers of the Phoenix's crew.

"Other day other victim!"

The second Redcoat Brigantine, the one missing pat of its forecastle, wasn't having much luck ether. A broadside from another of the Outcast Schooners had destroyed the ship's rudder and broke the main mast, not that it would have mattered as the Brigantine's weren't paying attention to their surrounds and heard a loud "Brace!", only to turn just in time to see one of the Outcast Barques ram them.

Needless to say, the smaller ship didn't have a chance.

The second Redcoat Brigantine went up in a blast of fire and smoke as it split in two as the Outcast Barque looked no worse for the ware, other then a few black marks. Barques were one of the two successful Pirate attempts to create a Frigate-like ship, while it didn't as much firepower or armor as a true one, those how had faced it had learned to treat it as one as the Barque was faster and still a powerful ship in its own right. The second Redcoat Sloop of War sank quickly after as it had found itself under howitzer fire from all four Outcast Sloops of War, Atlas, who was standing next to Razor, said that was just unfair watching the burning ship sink.

But the Redcoats still had their Frigate, and after seeing what had happened to its escorts, did the smart thing and tried to retreat. Key word being "tried" as with its escort down, the Outcast Fleet could focus on it. Still a true Frigate was no push over and as the Redcoat Union only allowed elite crews on these ships, the Outcasts knew it wasn't going down without a fight.

Razor watched the battle through his spyglass, as much as he wanted to join in he knew that the Dragon was needed for the NTU Fleet when it arrived. He wasn't worried about that as unknown to the others, he had a plan for the NTU.

'I hope you keep your end of the deal Cotton Sail.'


Meanwhile

NTU Fleet

NTU Men 'O War Divine Right

Two NTU Loyalist Officers watched the ship's crew work from the Quarterdeck, sharing a drink of grog between each other and chatting about the cargo they were escorting.

"So", the first Officer asked, "think any pirates will attack us?"

The second one scoffed, "Like any of those bandits would have the stones to attack a fleet this size."

"Ha ha, true. This many warships leaves us safe, any attack and we'll sink them."

"And any we take poisoner will have a short drop and a sudden stop."

The two laughed, then the first Officer looked over at the second one with a nasty looking smile.

"So, you know that four of the Merchant Galleons are carrying new slaves?"

"I do, got a good look at them too." The second Officer said with a tooth-filled smile. "Shame they have to be delivered fresh, I would gladly take a few of those pretty Pegasi. Love it when they squeak as their wings are nipped in the right places when you're on top."

"I'd take a few of the Unicorns myself, I enjoy their fear as they are powerless with those horn rings and the pain they feel as I pull their tails almost to the point of tearing them out."

"I also enjoy seeing the tough Stallions and Mares cry like foals as they are broken down."

The two continued to laugh and talk about what they would do to the slaves if they had their way, unaware of what was down below. As the NTU Fleet split up to travel the channels, none of the crew of those ships noticed as a pole rose a foot out of the water. The pole was the periscope of one of the Outcast Subs, the Sharkpony smiling a toothy smile as he watch the fleet split up into three groups. Each fleet consisted of ten Fluyts, ten Merchantmen, and five Merchant Galleons escorted by twenty Sloops, twenty Sloops of War and ten Schooners. The Frigates and Men 'O War split more unevenly with six Frigates going to the sides while four went down the middle, the Men 'O War had three go to the sides and four through the middle. Surprisingly, the Ships of the Line, and Juggernaut hung back.

The Sub Captain was confused about that, which added to their orders from the Archduke; He had made it clear the the Ships of the Line and the Juggernaut were to left alone as something was up in that regard. While Razor hadn't said the reason he did tell them why, the reason was something was going to happen regarding the seven ships but the fewer who knew about it the better, at least for now. The Captain knew that Razor was normally quite honest and didn't like keeping secrets from his fellow Outcasts and only did so if there was a good reason so he didn't question the order. The Outcast fleet had been told they would find out after the battle so there was that as well.

With the NTU fleet splitting the twelve Subs also split into groups of four, the waters of the channels were deep enough and wide enough for the Subs to maneuver so the four for each group wouldn't have too much trouble, besides they had laid several mines while traveling through the channels earlier.

The Sharkpony Captain's smile grew bigger, his long tail swaying behind him like a cat about to pounce at its prey as his Sub lined up with a Man 'O War.

"Fire tubes one and two!"

The hatches on the top front of the Sub's domed bow slid inward, then a few seconds later two clouds of bubbles formed as two torpedoes shot out, the tracking spells locking them onto the Man 'O War.

(A/N: Not pirate-related I know but I think this song fits this section just right. Funny enough I was actually listening to this song while writing this section. :twilightsmile:)

Up on the Man 'O War the two Officers were talking about what else they would do to the slaves when one of them spotted something out of the corner of his eye, he turned to look as the second Officer noticed his companion's attention shift and also turned to look as well.

"What is it?"

"I don't know but... what are those?"

The first Officer pointed to a spot one the water about thirdly feet away from their ship, his companion followed his hoof and saw something either of them had seen before: Two streams of white bubbles moving fast along the surface.

"What the hay are those?"

"Don't know but... wait, is it just me or are they heading towards our ship?"

The two Officers' eyes widen as they realized that yes, the bubble streams were coming right at them!

The two turned to shout out a warning but it was too late, the torpedoes struck the rear starboard of the Man 'O War, underneath the Quarterdeck and exploded in a massive blast of fire and water. The Man 'O War was thrown to port as the explosion actually forced the starboard side up, only to come crashing down to starboard again at the same time as the water that had be also forced back rushed in again. That section of the ship had been ripped open leaving a massive hole that quickly filled with water as the crippled ship capsized and sank to fast for its crew to even man the longboats. The two Officers who had tried to warn the crew had been thrown upwards, landing in the water as the ship had listed to port. Unfortunately for them, they were right under the ship when it rolled over and sank, they didn't even have a chance to cry out for help when the starboard side slammed into them...

They never surfaced.

That Man 'O War wasn't the only one, seconds after the ship was hit the rest of the NTU Fleet except for the six Ships of the Line and the Juggernaut found themselves under attack as more of those bubble streams appeared and the NTU crews, having never seen anything like this before, panicked. In only two minutes the once mighty NTU Fleet had lost half of their Sloops and Sloops of War, sixteen Schooners, five Brigantines, three Frigates, and two more Men 'O Wars to the bubble streams while a further four Sloops and Sloops of War, three Schooners, Two Brigantines and a Frigate was lost to panicked friendly fire as the ships' crews fired their weapons in a poor attempt to attack whatever was attacking them.

It got even worse when five of the surviving Sloops, in an attempt to flee, ran right into the mines the Outcast Subs had placed earlier. The only warning the crews of those ships had was the sound of wood scraping against metal before they found their ships blown out from under their hooves. The mines further claimed another two Sloops, three Sloops of War, four Schooners, five Brigantines, and three Frigates.

The remaining NTU Ships, twenty-one Sloops, twenty-three Sloops of War, seven Schooners, eight Brigantines, nine Frigates, three Men 'O War and the six Ships of the Line and the Juggernaut, lose their nerves and abandoned the Merchant ships, too panicked to care and left them to their fates as explosions of black and multi-colored energy appeared around them with different effects that disabled them and sailed as fast as they could to the end of the chain.


Meanwhile

Outcast Fleet

The battle with the Redcoat Frigate had ended with the ship heavily damaged but now under control of the Outcasts, but it hadn't been easy, three of their own Sloops of War, two Schooners, and a Brigantine had to pull back with heavily damaged shields though thankfully the Outcasts had no losses to their crews.

Razor lifted his spy glass to his eye again to see the remains of the NTU Fleet enter their area, he was a little surprised at the much lower then expected numbers but he figured the Subs had done more damage then they had thought. He also noticed the Ships of the Line and Juggernaut hang back as the rest moved forward and that there was no sigh of the Merchant Fleet.

The NTU Fleet, seeing the Outcast ships, moved to engage despite what had just happened to them. Unfortunately for them, fate had other plans. Before the eyes of those watching, the six Ships of the Line and the Juggernaut striked their colors and sails...

and replaced them with Outcast ones, much to the surprise of both the other NTU ships and the Outcasts. However, there was one who wasn't surprised. Instead, Razor allowed a tooth-filled smile to show on his face.

'Well done Cotton Sail. You held up your end, and now I shall hold up mine.'

Atlas looked over to see his smile and blinked at him.

"Razor honey, you knew that would happen?"

Razor looked and smiled at her with a sideways look.

"Knew it? Atlas my dear wife, I planned it. As for why I didn't say anything, please be patient and I promise all will be clear soon."

Atlas looked a bit skeptical but nodded her head and agreed, after all her emotion sense had told her that Razor did mean he would tell soon and she did know that Razor only kept secrets to himself for good reasons and not for long.

Back with the NTU Fleet they had lost all nerve seeing what they were now against and just surrendered, knowing that the Outcasts were far better towards their prisoners then some others. So after all that the Outcasts now had thirdly Fluyts, thirdly Merchantmen, fifteen Merchant Galleons, twenty-one Sloops, twenty-three Sloops of War, seven Schooners, eight Brigantines, ten Frigates, three Men 'O War, six Ships of the Line and a Juggernaut to add to the Outcast fleet plus the various cargo the ships had (including the would-be slaves). So overall a very nice grab.

Razor watched as the Juggernaut hailed them and soon pulled alongside, the Captain asking for permission to come aboard. Once it was granted the Earth Pony Stallion walked up to Razor. The Stallion had a white coat with an obsidian black mane and green eyes, his Cutie Mark was hidden by his uniform.

Letting out a sigh he started speaking.

"Archduke Razor Tail, I kept my end of our deal, is she safe?"

Razor smiled softly and turned his head to one of the doors of the Quarterdeck.

"Of course Cotton Sail. Silver, you can bring her out now."

Said Kirin/Changeling Hybrid opened the door and stepped out, his left wing over the back of a young Earth Pony Filly who looked no older than Silver. She had a snow white coat with the lower legs changing to an ice blue as it went down to the hooves, an ice blue mane and tail that changed to a dark ice blue at the tips, and pretty emerald green eyes. Her Cutie Mark was a dark ice blue snow flake flying on a wind. She huddled close to Silver, pressing into his side and saying under his wing as she shyly looked around, her eyes soon landing on the shocked Earth Pony Stallion named Cotton Sail, her shy demeanor vanished in an instant.

"BIG BRO!!!"

"SOUL!!!"

The shouting of the name was more like a shriek of joy as Cotton charged towards the Filly who charged back, tears falling from both their eyes. They met in the middle and Cotton wrapped Soul up in a huge bear hug, tears falling as he kissed her head in relief as the Filly nuzzled her big bother's neck and chest as hard as she could. The Dragon's crew could only smile at this heartwarming reunion, some even cheering. Even the former NTU members from the seven turned ships were smiling happily or clapping their hooves.

After a few minutes of this happy reunion Cotton gently pulled out of the hug to look at Soul, still held in his forelegs.

"Winter Soul, my beloved sister, are you okay?" He asked, worry very clear in his eyes.

"I am big brother, the Dragon's crew were very nice to me. Silver there kept me company and played with me, even let me cuddle with him when I had nightmares." Soul said, bushing a little as she talked about Silver who also blushed. As this was going on Atlas turned to Razor.

"Alright Razor, could you please tell us what is going on." She wasn't the only one, everyone else was looking at Razor wondering what was going on.

"Well, now that there is no danger I can tell you and get it off my chest. So it happened around two weeks ago, soon after Silver's birthday...


Flashback

Two Weeks ago

Large NTU Port City

Razor waited in the shadows as his guards reported that their Stallion had just left the palace and was on his way to the meeting point, one of his Cove Agents had sent him a notice that this Stallion wanted a secret meeting with him about something very important, enough that this Stallion would risk the Gallows for it.

That alone had got Razor's attention, that and the fact that this Stallion was a Loyalist.

From what his guards were reporting the Stallion had got the note left for him, read it very carefully, then destroyed the note before quietly but quickly leaving. As the Stallion moved towards the meeting point the guards watching him reported that he would constantly check over his shoulder, he apparently knew he was being watched by the guards but he made no effort to shake them. Rather, he was making sure no other Loyalist was following him, even doubling back a few times to be certain.

It was the dead of night so very few were actually out, Razor was very unimpressed by the lack of security around the port, which made it all too easy to sneak in and out with no one noticing. If this was an Outcast port there would be guards on every corner and rooftops in squads of at least six if not more with even more squads on patrol. And that was just at the docks and not counting the magic security in place.

It took some time for the Stallion, who was named Cotton Sail, to arrive at the meeting point in the long abandoned section of the port. He very slowly and carefully walked down the alley, likely expecting to be jumped at anytime. He had just stepped into the center of a small open area when Razor's guards appear from behind and he turned around to face them, the guards stood in combat poses pointing their halberds at the Stallion.

To the lad's credit, he didn't finch, he just took a cautious step back.

Cotton watched the silver armored guards level their weapons at him, he very carefully reached for his sword sheath clips and undid them, being very careful and going slowly to show them he meant no harm and wasn't a threat. Once he unclipped it he set the sword, still in its sheath, on the ground and slid it away from him and towards the guards, one of which caught it. It was at that point Razor decided to show himself.

"Well, you must be serious about this if you are willing to disarm yourself."

Cotton slowly turned around to see the Pegasus-born Kirin step out of the shadows, the Earth Pony's eyes warily glancing at the large rune-encrusted halberd and the Kirin's claws.

"Archduke Razor Tail, I never thought I would see you up close." He spoke with respect.

"And here we are now, from what my agents told me you wanted a meeting about something important enough to you, enough that you were willing to risk the Gallows for it. That caught my attention enough to take this personally."

"Your spies serve you very well Archduke, I didn't think you'd come personally but I'm glad you did." His hoof flew to his mouth and he stuttered out a few words before Razor held up a hand, both to stop the Earth Pony and his own guards.

"Relax lad, I know what you mean. My guards were following you so I know that you came alone."

"I... I had a feeling they were watching me, I was making sure none of the other Loyalists would follow me. If they knew... they would hurt me far worse then the Gallows."

Razor did a very slight head tilt at that, this Stallion feared something worse then the Gallows?

"So lad, tell me; why would a Loyalist want help from the most wanted pirate by the NTU?"

Cotton snorted heavily as a scowl appeared over his face.

"Former Loyalist, as of last night I no longer want anything to do with the NTU." He said firmly.

Razor was a bit surprised by the sudden change in Cotton's mood, what had the NTU done to warrant this. He could guess but decided to cut to the chase.

"So you wish to defect and what is the reason?"

"The same as why I wanted a meeting; I need your help."

"And want would you need my help with?"

Razor raised an eyebrow as Cotton's face softened considerably and a few tear formed at the corners of his eyes.

"My little sister, my Comman-" He stopped as he seemed to try and fight back bile before continuing, "my commander has taken her as a slave to keep me in line. I fear for her safety, she is far more precious to me then anything else. The only family I have left, as long as I know she's safe, I don't care what happens to me."

Cotton paused looking at the ground for a minute before looking back at Razor.

"I'm not sure what I can offer in exchange but, please. I beg you Archduke, take her away from this place, I don't want her to live her life as a slave. Hay I never even agreed with the practice to began with."

He choked, unable to hold the tears back anymore

"You help her, and I will give you my oath to serve you."

Razor was unsure how to react to that for a second, there was no mistaking how genuine he was being when he said that, and it was very clear to him that Cotton cared deeply for his little sister.

"I understand then why you wanted this meeting, but for the oath; Didn't you give your commander that already." That wasn't actually a question but Razor wanted to test Cotton one more time. The Stallion looked livid as he looked the Kirin in the eye.

"That... that waste of flesh only got my oath by enslaving my sister, dressing her in a slave outfit, having his guards holding me back with their swords against my neck as I could only watch as my commander spanked her over and over again with a heavy leather belt until her rump and flanks were as red as the outfit she was wearing! And not small ones either, I'm talking whacks hard enough to leave welts with each hit! I had to listen to her screams of pain and watch as she cried while I was helpless to do anything, I couldn't even give my oath at first because the guards held my mouth shut! I had to watch for at least ten minutes before my mouth was freed and I could give it. If only to stop her pain."

Cotton let out a pain and rage-filled breath.

"She was in so much pain she couldn't even walk by the time it finally stopped, then he kicked her out of his way. All that completely and utter destroyed any loyalty I had left! I don't care at all what happens to me anymore, I only want her safe, free, from monsters like that."

Razor breathed and gave him a light smile.

"First off, I do give you credit Cotton; not many are willing to push a Kirin nose-to-nose when angry."

Cotton came out of his thoughts to realize that was just what happened, in his rant he had pushing onto Razor's nose, the Stallion paled as he fearfully pulled back.

"Sir... I'm so sorry. I..." He stopped as Razor held up a hand again, a small smile on his face.

"Easy lad, I know that wasn't a threat. Now as for your plight," He looked at his guards and gestured his head up and to the right. Without a word the guards leaped from the ground and into the roof, disappearing into the dark. Cotton watched them disappear before turning to Razor.

"I'll help you, but you do know that once you walk this path there is no turning back. You, like many other Outcasts, will be wanted by the NTU and will be hang right away if captured"

"I know and I don't care, all that matters to me now is my sister's freedom."

"That is what I wanted to hear. You have my word not as a pirate but as a Kirin that she will be free very soon, it may take time before you will see her again though."

"I understand, and as long as I know she's safe I can wait."

"Well then here is what I want in exchange."

He leaned down and whispered into the Stallion's ear, who nodded as he heard the terms. Pulling away he said,

"It will take time but I think I can do that, I'll start looking for like-mind individuals who share my views but I need time to do so."

"Take as much time as you need, I want this done right. Now my agents will help you, and I will free your sister. Good luck."

Before he could leap up Cotton stopped him.

"Wait, just one more thing."

Razor looked at him with a head tilt.

"And what would that be?"

Cotton pulled out a small plastic case-covered picture and a worn teddy bear with a faded red bow around its neck.

"This is what she looks like, it is one of her younger days but it is the only one I have. And when you find her, show her this teddy bear, it was a gift from our mother and my sister loved it so much. Show her it and she'll know I sent you. Also, her name's Winter Soul." He said giving the two items to Razor, who took them and nodded, put the items in his coat and leaped into the night.

Cotton watched him vanish from sight in the shadows, leaving the Earth Pony alone in the ally.

"Thank you Archduke Razor Tail, *sigh* don't worry Soul, you will be free. We already lost mom and dad, I can't lose you too. Just hang in there, help is coming."

With that he picked up his sword, reattached it to his belt and walked away.


Two Hours later

Razor had gone back to the Dragon to get Snow and Silver while his guards searched for the sister, which didn't take long at all. He wanted the former as slavers were her specialty and the latter to help comfort the young Mare when they got her. The group entered the room silently as the commander pulled the chain attached to the collar Cotton's sister wore, he stepped over Soul and forced her onto her back but before he go do anything else her back left leg shot up on a reflex and she kicked him right in the eye, causing him to leap back with a roar of pain as Cotton's sister scooted away in fear to the back wall.

"Why you little... I'm gonna-!" Whatever his threat was went unfinished as the side of the head of a hardened steel halberd slammed into his face with enough power to send him into the wall behind him, before he could recover from that something grabbed ahold of his head and lifted him into the air. The commander opened his eyes to find himself looking at the snarling face of Archduke Razor Tail himself, hold the commander by the head with enough force that he was to busy trying to pry the clawed fingers from his scalp to grab his weapons.

"Guards! Where the hay are my guards?!"

"There."

Razor pointed at the floor behind him before swinging him over his head and pile diving the commander into it, Razor's own guards moving to pin the commander down as Snow walked forward. As they did Razor turned to where Cotton's sister had fled to: The poor thing was sitting on her back legs covering her eyes with her forelegs and sobbing for all she was worth. Razor carefully approached her, keeping his movements slow so to not scare her more as Silver joined him. Once they got within a few feet the Mare lowered her hooves and looked at them, clearly scared out of her wits. Razor pulled out the picture Cotton had given him to make sure she was the right one: She was, only a few years older.

She had a snow white coat with the lower legs changing to an ice blue as it went down to the hooves, an ice blue mane and tail that changed to a dark ice blue at the tips, and pretty emerald green eyes that were red from crying. Her Cutie Mark was a dark ice blue snow flake flying on a wind, both Razor and Silver could easily see the redness around the poor dear's marks and that she was trying to keep her weight off her rear. She wore a red leotard-like garment with a white belt that completely covered her front and back leaving just her four legs, neck and head uncovered. She also had an excessive amount of jewelry on her; all four of her legs had several bands studded with gems, her mane and tail were braided with gems interwoven throughout and the collar around her neck was made of gems.

She was rather pretty and looked quite cute in the leotard despite why she was wearing it and in Razor's opinion would likely turn more then a few heads when she was older, likely more if she wore a similar outfit though by her choice. The thing that angered him however was the fact that she was only eleven years old, the same age as Silver. He had to fight down his Nirik side as thoughts he didn't want went through his head, drawing a calming breath he gently and softly spoke.

"Winter Soul?"

She blinked, then slowly nodded. Razor gave her a gentle smile as he pulled out the teddy bear.

Soul gasped when she saw it and took it from Razor as he gently gave it to her. Soul hugged it with all her might, then after a minute looked back up.

"My big bro, Cotton, sent you?"

"Yes he did, we will get you out of here Soul, after we deal with him." Razor gestured to the pinned commander as Snowy slammed him in the face with the handguard of her sword. Razor turned to his son.

"Silver, can you stay with her? Considering what she has gone through she might be more willing to open up to you."

"I can dad." Silver turned back to Soul as Razor backed up and went over to the others, Silver lowered himself to his belly and slowly crawled forward.

"Hi there, I'm Silver Moth. You're Winter Soul right?"

"Yes." she said uncertainly.

"Would it be alright if I called you Soul?"

"Sure... my big bro calls me that."

Silver smiled then slowly moved up to sit next to her, she shied away a little as he did so.

"It's okay Soul, I promise I wouldn't hurt you. My parents raised me better than that."

Soul looked the Kirin/Changeling Hybrid up and down, having never seen anything like him before. Her eyes eventually landing on his wings, the translucent membrane intriguing her. With some hesitation she reached over to the Silver's left wing with a hoof, the hybrid reaching back with the wing slowly and allowing her to touch it and rub the membrane. Silver giggling a little as she did.

"Sorry, I'm a little ticklish there."

Umm... What are you Silver? I've never seen or heard about a creature like you before."

"I'm a Kirin/Changeling Hybrid. You see; my mom's a Changeling Queen and my dad's a Pegasus-born Western Kirin.

"Guards," the two looked over at Razor as two of his guards came over, "would you please take Silver and Soul back to the ship, I don't want them to see this. That and the poor girl has suffered too much already."

The two saluted and slowly walked over to them, Silver suddenly felt Soul press against him shaking in fear of the two guards how stopped at the sight, Soul letting out a whimper both in fear and pain as she accidentally put weight on her sore rear. Silver gently wrapped his wings and arms around her and held her up off her rump.

"It's alright Soul, these are my father's personal guards. They are sworn to protect him, my mother, and me, and for now you as well. I promise they will not hurt you." He said rubbing her back, the two guards lowering themselves a bit to show Soul they weren't a threat to her.

Soul looked at Silver, taking in his soft red eyes that showed nothing but friendliness and understanding. Soul wasn't sure why, but she felt safe around Silver, felt like she could trust him. Soul thought for a few seconds, then leaned into his embrace.

"Okay. I trust you. Just... please don't let go."

Silver gently rubbed her back as he nodded at the two guards who walked over and, with care, cut the chain attached to her collar and escorted the two youngsters back to the Dragon, Soul staying pressed against Silver the whole time with his wing covering and steadying her as she was sore enough to have trouble walking. Silver did offer to carry her on his back but Soul told him she felt safer under his wing.

Razor watched as they left then turned back to the commander with a snarl, pointing the scythe-tip of his halberd at him as the runes and dragon eyes brightly glowed green.

"Let's take care of this trash Snow."

"With pleasure." She said running her gauntlet along her sword, sparks coming off as the runes along the blade glowed white.

With the room magically sounded proofed, no one but Razor, Snow, and Razor's guards hear the commander scream.

End of Flashback

Everyone stood still as Razor finished, silently taking it all in. It was quiet for awhile before one of the Dragon's crew members spoke.

"Wow, that does explain why she was on board and hanging around Silver so much this last little while." Another one spoke up.

"The poor dear, good thing you brought her here Captain. I don't want to even think of what would have happened to her if you hadn't learned about her."

"Believe me I don't want to either." Razor said, "I'm sorry I kept this from all of you but considering how hard and close of an eye the NTU's Leaders keep on high ranking individuals like Cotton Sail here we couldn't risk anything until he was safely away from their territory."

"It's okay sir, we understand why you did it." One crew member said as the others spoke their own agreements, Zenith adding,

"At least it all worked out in the end."

"Indeed it did," Razor said, then he looked at Cotton. "but I wasn't expecting a Juggernaut and six Ships of the Line."

Cotton rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "Turned out there were more like-mind individuals then I first thought."

He then turned to Silver, who looked at him curiously, as Cotton set his sister down.

"Silver is it?" Said Hybrid nodded, then was surprised as Cotton pulled him into a hug.

"Thank you for looking after Soul, now... could you do me a flavor?" He pulled out of the hug and placed both hooves on Silver's shoulders. "Could you keep looking after her?"

Both Silver and Soul looked surprised, as did those around them, Soul asking,

"Why Big Bro?" Cotton looked at her sadly.

"Because Soul, word will soon reach the NTU's Leaders of this mutiny and they will start hunting for me. I can't take you with me as I fear if I'm caught you'll end up as a slave again, this time with no chance of escape. I know you can grow up to be a great Mare Soul, but only if you're free. I can't lose you like that again, so I need some place you will be safe from those monsters. Soul... do you trust Silver?"

"Absolutely big bro," Soul moved over to Silver and leaned against his side as he placed a wing over her. "Silver been nothing but a gentlecolt to me and... I'm not sure why, but I just feel safe and relaxed around him."

Cotton smiled softly, "Then that's good enough for me, so can you do that for me Silver?"

"Yes I can." He said with a cute little wing salute, which Cotton returned with a friendly one of his own alongside a smile. He then turned to Razor, taking his sword from his belt and hat off. Setting his sword in front of him he placed his hat over his chest and began speaking.

"Archduke Razor Tail, I will admit when I first heard of you I thought you were just another Blackguard Pirate. Now I know that isn't the case, and I'm happy I was wrong. When I first saw that note on my desk I was shocked, I didn't know what to think. Part of me though it was too good to be true, but at the same time another part told me I didn't really have anything left to lose, so I listened to that part and met you. Then not even five hours later I found another note telling me that you had found and rescued her, with a picture of her as proof and a small note that the only harm to her was on the surface. I was so relieved I almost broke down sobbing right there, that night was the most peaceful and restful sleep I have had in a long time. Thank you, you and your fellow Outcasts, for freeing Soul."

Cotton placed his hat back on and held his sword in both hooves, presenting it to Razor.

"My former commander forced my oath from me, but this time I'm giving it willing to you." He took a deep breath before continuing. "I swear on the seas I will serve the Leader of the Outcasts of the Abyss until my final breath, to follow you into the deepest parts of the abyss and back again without fail, to lead any under be with honor and respect, and serve the Outcasts in good faith and without deceit. Because unlike my former commander, you Archduke Razor Tail have earned it."

Razor smiled at Cotton as the latter bowed his head and held his sword out to Razor, knowing that he was fully being genuine with this one.

"Welcome to the Outcasts lad, not many jump head first into the Abyss but here it doesn't matter where we come from, for the Outcasts of the Abyss are brothers and sisters united through the bonds on Camaraderie we all share." Razor said with pride as he helped Cotton stand up, who then turned to the rest of his followers.

"I thank all of you for helping me with this, but this is my burden to carry. You don't have to follow me into this, you are all free to go."

"He is right, any who wish to leave may do so peacefully and no one will harm or stop them." Razor added.

None of the former Loyalists moved, then one-by-one, they started taking off their hats and bowed before Razor, Cotton's First Officer watched as they did this and turned to a shocked-looking Cotton Sail with a small smile, saying;

"It looks like we're all going to the Gallows for Desertion."

Cotton could only stare in shock at what just happened, before a huge smile filled his face as he fought to keep back tears. Razor placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Seems you had more loyal followers than you thought, you have a lot of potential Cotton, I know that one day you will make a great Fleet Admiral."

Silver and Soul watched this exchange with big smiles before Soul turned to Silver.

"Silver?"

"Yes Soul?"

"Thank you, for being so nice to me." Before she knew what was happening, she leaned over and kissed the Hybrid on the cheek. It took a few seconds, but when what she just did came to her Soul's face went red with a huge blush as her face became hot enough to fry an egg as Silver also got a huge blush as there was a loud BOING! and his sails fully deployed.

Following that was laughter, cheers, and wolf whistles from the rest of the crew of both ships, increasing the two's embarrassment. Atlas had a certain type of smirk as she leaned forward a bit.

"Seems you two have grow rather close, so when should I expect some grandfouls."

"MOM!"

Cotton also had a similar smirk.

"Butterflies in your stomach became to much? When should we plan the wedding then?"

A bucket hit him right in the face and stayed there, stuck on his head.

"It, was, worth it."

Author's Note:

I had said this chapter would be out some time within the next week, turned out to be the day I posted the Blog. :rainbowhuh:

As I said in the post this chapter went a bit off the rails for me as originally the chapter was going to be the Outcasts hitting a NTU Fleet, visiting random islands digging up chests, and another Fortress Raid to end it but the Fleet section ending up being much bigger than I thought so that part got much more filled out. Truth be told I think this worked out better.

This chapter also did go into a bit of the... darker areas of the Sea of Legends. I do hope that this is as far as we go into that.

Next chapter will be what many of you have likely been waiting for: Razor and Celestia meeting face to face. I have a plan for this chapter that I hope you readers will like.

See you next time!