• Published 11th Nov 2020
  • 256 Views, 2 Comments

Prison for Plot Bunnies. - Deadmanx513



a place where i Lock up the plot bunnies of stories that probably won't see the light of day.

  • ...
 2
 256

Story one. The Strange Mage.

The Everfree Forest. An area feared by all who know of it in Equestria.

A place where not only does the weather go about without the assistance of pegasus, but also strangely as well. Where the plant life not only survives without Earth ponies tending to it but also grows and sometimes even attacks other life forms that get close to it. The animals were also feral, unlike the animals that live alongside the others of Equestria. There was even deadly wildlife like Cragadiles and Hydras that made the forest even more deadly.

But what made it even more deadly was the amount of wild magic teaming the area. Unicorns avoided the place if they could. Years of magic study won’t prepare someone for the dangers and insanity that forest has.

Truly, you would need to be desperate to go into the forest with no preparations… or a fool.

“Somepony help us!” cried a voice as the screams of young Ponies could be heard along with the howl of one of the Everfree’s many predators, the Timberwolves.

Or worse… young.

“You just had to drag us along didn’t you!?” cried a little earth pony with a pale olive coat and brilliant amaranth tail and mane topped with a pink bow on top of her head. She glared at one of her companions with her brilliant gamboge eyes that held nothing but annoyance. “Just had to go into the forest even Rainbow Dash tries to avoid to prove that you’re the bravest.”

“Well, why didn't you try to stop me!?” cried out an orange pegasus filly with a purple mane and tail, with Purple eyes as well. The most outstanding thing about her was the fact that unlike other Pegasus her age, her wings were too small for her body. Which is probably the reason why she was running instead of flying away from their pursuers. “We could have avoided this if you just said something!”

“I DID!” cried the earth filly as she glared at her friend who glared back. “You just kept going on and on about us getting cutie marks through bravery!”

“Guys!” squicked out a voice with a noticeable crack in it. “We need to pay attention when we're running!”

This sound advice came from a young unicorn filly with a grayish-white coat of fur and a mane of grayish mulberry with pale, light grayish rose streaks in it. Her light green eyes looked back nervously at their pursuers. About 6 Wolves made completely out of wood, their glowing green eyes looking at them with hunger as they tried to catch up with their young prey.

“Don’t panic Sweetie Belle,” the earth filly said to her friend. Her previous anger gone in place for concern for her friends. “We just need to get back to town and let my sister and her friends deal with these varmints.”

“Apple Bloom’s right,” the orange pegasus filly said with a nod as the trio ducked under a low hanging branch that one of the timberwolves ran into while the remaining five ether ducked under it or jumped over the obstacle. “Besides these guys are pretty dumb, not like they’ll catch us.” the filly said with pride.

Pride, that was soon shattered when the fillies took a turn only to be stopped by a boulder in their way. Soon the timberwolves were behind them. Keeping the young ponies from turning around.

“Dumb huh,” Apple Bloom muttered as she notices some more timberwolves showing up. Flanking them and cutting any form of escape for them. “You sure about that Scootaloo?”

“Really Apple Bloom!?” the orange filly shouted as she and the others huddled together against the boulder as the timberwolves stalked toward them. Their maws dripped with tree sap as they drew closer towards their prey. “Is it really the time for this!?”

“Guys,” Sweetie Belle whispered out, catching her friend’s attention. “I don’t think we’re getting out of this one…”

Letting out a sigh, Apple Bloom hugged her friends. “I guess our luck had to have run out eventually. I just wish I could eat one of Granny’s pies one last time.”

“Wish I could have had the chance to fly at least once in my life,” Scootaloo muttered as she glared at the wood-based creatures. Not willing to give the creatures the satisfaction of seeing her fear. “Also show how brave I am to Rainbow Dash.”

All three filly soon closed their eyes waiting for the end. This was the signal for the timberwolves who all lunged towards the young ponies. Their hunger waiting to be satiated with the blood of these foolish fillies that dared enter their domain.

“1000 needle!”

But the end never came to the ponies as thousands of thin needles shot out from nowhere and slammed into the timberwolves. Shredding them to bits.

Opening their eyes the three were shocked to see the pack of predators laid low by some new third party.

“Well that was just plain rude,” called out a voice to the side. “Picking on some wee little fillies like that.”

The three ponies turn towards the voice. Seeing a figure who stood on two legs and was covered in the darkness of the forest.

“Who’s there!?” cried out Sweetie Belle. “Please don’t hurt us!”

“Hurt you?” the person said with confusion as they walked out of the darkness. “Now why would I do a thing like that?”

The figure soon walked out into the light. Allowing the three little ponies to see who this person was.

First thing that was obvious was that the person was a he by his voice alone being pretty deep like Apple Bloom’s older brother. Though it was hard to tell what he looked like with his stange getup. He was wearing a blue tunic, with a white under shirt. With black dress pants and black leather boots with gold trimmings. He also had leather gloves that held an ivory staff in one hand and a curved sword in the other. He was wearing a blue cloak over his shoulders along with a white scarf around his neck. And on top of his blond hair was a blue tricorn cap with gold trimmings, with a single white feather on it.

But the most stand outish part of his getup was a dark blue domino mask. It’s edges fashioned to look like outspread wings.

Giving the three ponies a smile the man gave them a bow.

“Greetings loves the name Tommy Handler! Your local Blue Mage!”

looking around the Blue Mage soon noticed that the Timberwolves were quite literally pulling themselves back together.

“And it seems you're in quite the predicament,” he muttered as he stepped in front of the three. Ignoring the shocked looks they were giving him. “But no worries, I’ll handle it.”

Pointing his staff forward the man gave the now recrenstucked beasts a glare.

“Sorry puppies but you’re not getting a meal today,” the mage muttered as the timberwolves growled at him as she prepared to pounce. “Sorry to say I need these three more than you do so… begone.”

Showing no fear or care the timberwolves lunged at the pest that dares get in the way of their meal. All the while ignoring their new targets now glowing eyes and a gray mist slowly pouring from his mouth.

The Blue Mage simply glared at the timberwolves as he soon muttered two words that made the three ponies shiver in fear.

Stone Breath.

Taking a deep breath the Blue Mage spat out a torrent of gray mist that covered the timberwolves. This disoriented them, making them back off and shake their heads.

“Was that supposed to do something!?” Scootaloo shouted. “All that did was make them mad!”

“Yeah!” Apple Bloom shouted. “Why not do that one thing from before!?”

“Tsk tsk tsk, my lovelies,” the Blue Mage said with a smile. “First lesson from good old teacher Tom. when facing an enemy that keeps coming back. Instead of bashing them again and again, it better to take them out in a different way.”

With that, the timberwolves soon notice that their feet wouldn’t leave the ground. Looking down the timberwolves soon felt something they thought they would ever feel.

Fear.

Their feet were slowly turning to stone. But soon the effect of stone breath picked up and the timberwolves soon started turning to stone completely. One by one until the area was filled with timberwolf statues.

“Now, see!?” the man cheered while clapping his hands, while also holding his staff under his arm. “That’s the best way to deal with an enemy that won’t stay down, though them being timber wolves I guess fire would have worked, but then we would have a forest fire in our mits.”

“How… how did you do that?” Applebloom asked as she stared at the petrified remains of the timberwolves.

“Oh just a little bit of blue magic, nothing too complicated,” the well dressed man said with a shrug. “Now, I think you can help me with something…”

“W-what?” Sweetie Belle asked with a nervous gulp. Wondering if they just traded one danger for another.

“Could you tell me where the nearest pub or place to get a quick bite to eat?” the strange man said with his stomach growling to get his point across. “I’m a little lost and I don’t know where the nearest town is… it’s been a while since I’ve been to these parts.”

The CMC nearly fell over when they heard this.

What kind of weirdo did they just run into?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHAPTER END!

TO BE CONTINUED… ?