• Published 25th Dec 2018
  • 1,877 Views, 15 Comments

Endgame - Tailbiter231



Cozy Glow and Chrysalis break Tirek out of Tartarus and they take over Equestria.

  • ...
6
 15
 1,877

The Final Battle

Cozy Glow sat on a throne at Canterlot, Chrysalis and Tirek at her side. Outside, half the sky was day, and half was night.

"Tirek, you can destroy some trees," said Cozy Glow.

Tirek licked his lips.

"I wanted to go first," said Chrysalis. Cozy Glow wouldn't allow both to leave at the same time. The pegasus filly had to have at least one bodyguard at all times.

"You're still really powerful," said Cozy Glow. "You can wait a few moments before getting love as Celestia. Until then you can have some fun with your prisoner."

"Yes," said Chrysalis. As Tirek walked away, Chrysalis walked over to Starlight, whose hooves were trapped in green slime. "I do have many surprises in store for you. I'll start off with physical torture. Then, once every few days, I'll bring one of your friends over and destroy her in front of you! I'll save Princess Twilight for last!" She licked her lips.

"No!" said Starlight. "Why won't you change your ways? You saw what sharing love did for your subjects!"

"I saw, and I have no intention of following them! There is no room in my heart for love!"

Chrysalis bit Starlight's tail and pulled it as hard as she could. As planned, she tore Starlight's tail off.

"This is only the beginning," she said. She blasted Starlight's tail to ash and cackled maniacally.


Unbeknownst to the evil trio, six figures flew toward the Hollow Shades. Gallus was carrying Sandbar, and Smolder and Silverstream were carrying Yona. Ocellus was flying beside them.

"What if Chrysalis or Tirek are guarding them?" said Silverstream nervously.

"They have Equestria now," said Ocellus. "When they're not causing destruction, or in Chrysalis's case, stealing love, they'll be guarding Cozy Glow. They think we don't know where they are."

"But what if they there to torture ponies?" said Yona.

"I hope they're not," said Ocellus.

They reached Hollow Shades, and found the Mane 6, Cadance, and Discord, still trapped in their cocoons. Smolder and Gallus cut the cocoons open with their talons.

"I'm so glad you've come," said Twilight. "But you have to watch out for Celestia and Luna. If you think you see either of them..."

"It's Chrysalis," said Gallus. "We know. Ocellus heard everything and told us."

"Then you'll also know where the Elements are," said Twilight. "We have to return the Elements to the Tree before Tirek's Plunderseeds can kill it."

"Then what are we waiting for?" said Rainbow Dash. "Let's get them!" Rainbow Dash tried to take off but fell into a bush.

Applejack bit Rainbow Dash's tail and pulled her out, just like at Ponehenge. "Remember, you can't fly no more."

"How does that even work anyway?" said Rainbow Dash. "How can he steal flight when I still have my wings?" She groaned as her wing was still broken.

"How can we take the Elements back?" said Fluttershy. "Cozy Glow's sure to have Tirek or Chrysalis guarding them."

"And Tirek took all my magic," said Discord.

"They don't know you found us," said Twilight. "That gives us the advantage. I have a plan, but you'll have to go out alone, because if they see we escaped, they'll be on high alert."


Tirek returned to Canterlot. "I'm back," he said, licking his lips as he thought of all the trees he had destroyed.

"My turn!" said Chrysalis. She turned into Celestia and flew out the window.


Just outside the castle, the Young Six watched the figure of Celestia fly away.

"Now," said Sandbar.


Inside, Cozy Glow said "It's dinner time!" She walked into the dining room with Tirek at her side. Tirek having enlarged the doors to accommodate his immense size. The Chrysalis-brainwashed guard ponies served her dinner.


Chrysalis walked through Canterlot in her original form, and found the entrance to the caves. She was familiar with them, and navigated them until she found the chest. She was certain the Elements were in here. Chrysalis flew out of the chest with the Elements.

"Chrysalis!"

Chrysalis froze at the booming voice and turned around, her heart beating rapidly. Tirek stood behind her, Cozy Glow riding his head.

"Where are you taking the Elements?" said Cozy Glow.

"Uh... I'm taking them somewhere where nopony can ever find them," said Chrysalis. "Canterlot will be the first place they look, and surely Twilight and Cadance told a lot of ponies about the caves by now."

"All right," said Cozy Glow.

Chrysalis flew back to the spot just outside Canterlot where Sandbar, Gallus, Smolder, Yona, and Silverstream were waiting. In a flash of blue light, she turned into Ocellus.

"I got them," she said.

Sandbar examined the lock. "How do we open this?"

"Yak smash!" Yona smashed the chest into pieces. Amidst the broken wood were the Elements.

"That works," said Smolder.

"Now, let's return them to the Tree," said Sandbar.


The real Chrysalis returned to the castle. She walked over to Tirek and Cozy Glow and licked her lips. "That was so delicious. All I needed was a little snack. I'm still incredibly powerful."

"Where did you hide the Elements?" Cozy Glow inquired.

"Beneath Canterlot, like you said."

"Yes, but then you wanted to hide them somewhere else because ponies might think to look there," said Tirek.

"I said nothing of the sort," said Chrysalis.

Cozy Glow hovered in the air. "I knew I should have captured them!"

"What's going on?" said Chrysalis.

"Your former subject, Ocellus, tricked us! She must have heard where we were going to hide them! Tirek! Chrysalis! Stop them NOW!"


The Young Six reached the Castle of the Two Sisters, and made their way to the Tree of Harmony.

"So much STAIRS!" said Silverstream, noticing the staircase.

"No drop Yona," said Yona. "Silverstream run down stairs when this over!"

"Now, remember what Twilight told us," said Ocellus. "The Plunderseeds will fight back."

"Let's see them fight back after this!" said Smolder, and she opened her mouth and breathed fire at one of the vines. It burned to a crisp.

"Make sure you don't hit the tree," said Gallus.

"Yeah, I will!" Smolder unleashed another blast of flame and incinerated the second Plunderseed.

"Now that we've saved the Tree," said Sandbar, "let's put the Elements back to recharge..."

"HOLD IT!"

They turned around. Cozy Glow, Chrysalis, and Tirek stood at the cave's entrance. Tirek was about the size of the entrance.

"Drop those Elements!" said Cozy Glow.

Ocellus and Smolder put the Elements of Generosity and Loyalty into the Tree. Then Smolder breathed fire at Chrysalis, who flew out of the way. Ocellus transformed into a giant beast similar to the one she had turned into on the day Chancellor Neighsay had unaccredited Twilight's school, and fought Tirek.

Silverstream placed the Element of Laughter on the Tree, and, using her pearl fragment, turned into a big dragon, rushing to Ocellus's side against Tirek. But Tirek was still gaining the upper hand. Silverstream whipped her tail at Tirek, who grabbed it in his hand and threw her at Ocellus. They got back up, but Tirek was showing no signs of fatigue.

Gallus and Yona placed the Elements of Magic and Honesty. Sandbar was about to place the Element of Kindness, when Chrysalis blasted him out of the way. Smolder breathed fire at Chrysalis, and Gallus flew at her repeatedly. Chrysalis tried to blast him, but he kept avoiding it.

"Forget them! Get the pony!" said Cozy Glow.

Chrysalis dodged Smolder's next blast of flame and blasted her aside. Yona ran at Chrysalis, who blasted her aside as well and ran at Sandbar.

But Smolder and Gallus had kept her distracted long enough. Sandbar placed the Element of Kindness in the Tree.

"No!" said Cozy Glow.

The Tree lit up with a magic light which enveloped the Young Six, each glowing with the same color as the Element they had placed in the Tree, Ocellus and Silverstream returning to their true forms.

"STOP THEM NOW!" said Cozy Glow.

Chrysalis and Tirek blasted the Young Six together. But it did nothing to them. The Young Six unleashed a powerful blast of light blue magic.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" shouted the three villains as the magic engulfed them. Chrysalis and Tirek were vaporized while Cozy Glow continued to scream in defeat.

The magic spread to all of Equestria, returning all the magic Tirek had stolen, including Celestia and Luna's magic. As they flew out of Tartarus, the Mane 6 all got their magic back, and did a group hug, knowing the mission was successful. Rainbow Dash realized her wing was no longer broken.

The green slime on Starlight's hooves was destroyed, and her magic was returned as well, as was her tail. The guard ponies and Shining Armor were released from Chrysalis's control.

Eventually the magic light faded away. The Young Six walked up to Cozy Glow, who stood with her mane and tail frazzled. Near her were two burnt spots on the ground, one large and the other about twice the size of a pony.

"Once again, you underestimate the magic of friendship," said Sandbar.

"Why didn't it destroy her too?" said Smolder.

"I don't think the Tree wanted to destroy a filly, even one such as her," said Ocellus.

"Besides, without Chrysalis or Tirek to back her up, and now that we all know her true nature, she's no power anymore," said Gallus.

"This isn't the end of it!" said Cozy Glow. "I'll find another way to take over Equestria!" She tried to fly away, but Smolder caught up to her and took her by the tail.

"You're going back to Tartarus," said Smolder.

"And this time Chrysalis won't be there to get you out!" said Silverstream.

Cozy Glow groaned in frustration. This had not gone the way she planned.


The Young Six got another stained glass window for saving Equestria a second time, this one showing them blasting Cozy Glow, Chrysalis, and Tirek, and Celestia gave a speech to honor them. Pinkie Pie threw a big party, to which Discord was invited and caused some harmless chaos, but Twilight didn't graduate her students yet, as their semester was not over.

As for Cozy Glow, she was imprisoned in Tartarus for the rest of her life. Though the Tree's magic had spared her, she would never reform.

Author's Note:

I was initially planning on Cozy Glow being purified, but she didn't seem redeemable and this didn't happen last time. Plus realistically they'd be really distrustful that she might only be pretending to reform, seeing how manipulative she is.

Comments ( 7 )

As for Cozy Glow, she was imprisoned in Tartarus for the rest of her life. Though the Tree's magic had spared her, she would never reform.

*Inhales* I want to ship Chrysalis and Cozy Glow *Whew*

A fun story overall, even if it had some poor wording and weird plot points.

9369845
Thanks for leaning a little more towards the positive, and the negative being more constructive criticism than anything.

I changed Tirek's line to "I have returned", and re-worded Starlight and Chrysalis's fight as best I could, as well as changing Tirek's flight to a big jump.

Also, I know it was kinda a lot like Twilight's Kingdom, but really what more can one do with a Tirek return, aside from Chrysalis being his ally and Cozy Glow being his boss? (Likely why they didn't show more of the Tirek future, it was pretty much the same scene as after he'd taken the alicorn magic) We're not sure what Season 9 will actually bring, but it's rumored Tirek's role will either be minimal or shared with one or two others besides Cozy Glow and Chrysalis (Chrysalis isn't even confirmed for the premier, just some return in the season, unless they meant Ocellus turning into her).

Besides, it does contain elements from other two-parters as well (such as Chrysalis taking Cadance's place (ACW), trapping the Mane 6 (TWABA), hiding out at Hollow Shades (Shadow Play), strangling the Tree with Plunderseeds and subsequently returning the Elements to her (PTS), and the manner of Cozy Glow's defeat (School Raze) as a sort of "finale", even though of course it'll mean nothing to anyone who finds Season 9 to be adequate once it comes out, other than to see how close I was or just an entertaining alternate ending, like some have written to existing seasons, etc. (Like the "what if" story in Tenkaichi 2 where Zarbon seeks the Dragonballs for eternal youth, I played that so much that my Zarbon is overpowered)

But again, thanks for finding it fun despite the flaws.

Anyone who thinks it unlikely that she secretly intended to get sent to Tartarus: I changed it so that it was a backup plan in case her main plan had failed. (But she pretended to Chrysalis that it was her main plan, because she knew Chrysalis wouldn't want to help if she knew Cozy Glow's initial plan didn't involve giving her anything)

Obviously has to be alt. universe now, since Grogar got Tirek and Cozy Glow out of Tartarus and made them and Chrysalis his minions. Ironic they get paired together after I write this story.

Edit: And with the finale... no spoilers but I'll just say I don't need a headcanon for Chrysalis now.

Oh damn they got evaporated. I guess? That’s better than stone ?

9947145
Ironic the ones I picked out for this story were the same who were the final antagonists in canon.

I knew Grogar and Sombra were going to be in it (or what appeared to be Grogar), fortunately they re-killed Sombra, and an eternal dreamless stone sleep for Chrysalis, as well as Tirek and Cozy Glow, is as good as death to me.

Login or register to comment