• Published 25th Dec 2018
  • 1,880 Views, 15 Comments

Endgame - Tailbiter231



Cozy Glow and Chrysalis break Tirek out of Tartarus and they take over Equestria.

  • ...
6
 15
 1,880

Alicorn Magic

Celestia called Luna, Twilight, and Cadance to a meeting at Canterlot. Unbeknownst to the others, "Cadance" was really Chrysalis.

"Something terrible has happened," said Celestia. "Tirek has escaped from Tartarus. We're not sure how, but he's been stealing magic again. He has taken many unicorns' magic, and has started targeting pegasi and earth ponies as well."

"It's gone slower without Discord at his side, but he may not be acting alone," said Luna. "I just checked Tartarus, and Cozy Glow is gone as well."

"Oh no," said Twilight. "They must be working together. And without Rainbow Power, how can we stop him?"

"We could always summon Discord again," said Celestia.

"No!" exclaimed Chrysalis. "I mean... Last time we sent Discord to recapture Tirek, he betrayed us! Who's to say he won't do it again?"

"She does have a point," said Luna.

"But Tirek betrayed Discord too," said Twilight. "Would he let Tirek manipulate him into joining him again?"

"We can't take the chance," said Chrysalis. "Why else didn't you call him against the Pony of Shadows, or the Storm King?"

"He did help defeat Chrysalis," said Celestia. "He stayed on Starlight's side then. And I don't think he'll turn his back on friendship a second time."

Chrysalis's eye twitched. "Very well." She hoped Tirek was strong enough to steal Discord's magic, or else this could all fall apart.


Tirek returned from Appleoosa, having stolen earth pony magic, and he was much bigger and more muscular.

"Let's see if I can't steal your magic now," Tirek said to Cadance. He opened his mouth and drained Cadance's magic, increasing his size a bit more. He laughed evilly. "Imagine how your poor subjects will feel once they find out Chrysalis is using them for power. And they have no idea!"

Cadance looked up in horror. The cocoon was preserving her to keep her from dying of starvation, but it kept her trapped, and she was powerless to stop Tirek and Chrysalis.

"I'll spare you for now, but once you've suffered enough, it's game over for you!"

Chrysalis flew in, still as Cadance, and resumed her true form. "Be weary," she said. "Celestia has summoned Discord. The next time you steal magic..."

Suddenly, there was a flash of bright light, and Discord appeared.

"Tirek," said Discord. "We meet again."

"You made a grave mistake returning to your imprisonment and enabling the ponies to return me to mine," said Tirek.

"What did you expect? You betrayed me! And friendship isn't imprisonment, so don't think that trick will work ag..."

Discord was suddenly levitated into the air. Tirek sucked his magic out and grew bigger.

"Now for the other princesses," said Tirek, and he stomped off toward Canterlot.

A few minutes later, Discord was trapped in a cocoon beside Cadance.

"If he's going after the princesses, now is the time I get my revenge on Starlight Glimmer!" said Chrysalis.

"Make sure Tirek gets her magic," said Cozy Glow. "Then you can do whatever you want to her."

Chrysalis flew after Tirek.


Twilight was pacing around in Canterlot.

"What if Cadance was right?" said Twilight. "What if Discord betrays us again? Or what if Tirek takes his magic again?"

"He won't betray us again," said Celestia. "But if Tirek takes his magic before he can stop him, I have a backup plan. Two, actually." She levitated a box and opened it. Inside were the Elements of Harmony. "Hopefully they have enough power to defeat him and return all the magic he took."

Twilight was doubtful. All the Elements could do to the Pony of Shadows was force him backwards into a portal. They couldn't even exorcise the shadow from Stygian the way they had purified Nightmare Moon. Maybe that was why they hadn't considered using them on the Storm King and his army. But maybe the Pony of Shadows was just really powerful to the point of being resistant to them. She hoped they'd work on Tirek. If he was still on the loose, he'd be pretty powerful himself.

"Secondly, if Tirek has Discord's magic, he will be coming for ours," said Celestia.

"You know what we must do," said Luna.

Twilight nodded. "Where's Cadance?"

"She should be back soon," said Celestia. "We'll wait for her to..."

A stomping sound could be heard. The three princesses looked out the window to see Tirek approaching, and ponies hiding indoors.

"It is as I feared," said Celestia. "He may have already taken Cadance's magic as well. We must do this now."

Celestia and Luna transferred their magic to Twilight as they had done the last time Tirek was a threat. Their cutie marks disappeared, and Twilight's horn sparked with red, yellow, and dark blue energy, though she wasn't as powerful as before because she didn't have Cadance's magic.

"Go get your friends," said Celestia. "If the Elements don't work, make sure Tirek doesn't capture them."

"And... if the Elements don't work and you have to fight, don't hold back against him," said Luna. "He is too big a threat."

Twilight nodded, a little nervous because she had been unable to defeat him with more magic last time, and flew away with the Elements.

A few minutes after she left, Tirek entered. He levitated Celestia and Luna to take their magic, but got nothing.

"You think that will work again?" said Tirek. "Unless there's another princess I don't know about, I know exactly where you hid your magic!"

Tirek sent the princesses to Tartarus and jumped into the distance.

Author's Note:

I'm pretty sure Tirek can fly at this point because of that scene where he smashed Twilight through the mountain. Even though he has no wings.