• Published 25th Dec 2018
  • 759 Views, 1 Comments

T&EG2 Adventures From Sodor: Short Stories & Prologue - LPFanFic



A collection of short stories that tie in with Thomas & Equestria Girls 2: Adventures From Sodor.

  • ...
 1
 759

1. Prologue Pt. 1

Author's Note:

Prologue Pt. 1 Synopsis; Diesel and Paxton travel to Canterlot High through the Magic Railroad at the request of their new steam engine friend, who may or may not have meticulous intentions for their home; the Island of Sodor. Their job is to search for two associates of hers, but will distractions and encounters get in the way of their job?

Adventures From Sodor
Short Stories!

Prologue Pt. 1

One afternoon on the Island of Sodor, Paxton the diesel shunter was on his way to the Quarry to shunt some trucks. He cheerfully rolled down the Mainline, often honking his horn at any engine passing by. Paxton is always friendly to everyone he meets; both steam and diesel alike. But he can also be gullible and naïve, and prone to getting himself into situations he's not comfortable with. He doesn't often like taking charge or being the one to make decisions for others. However, if a friend is in trouble, Paxton will still try to do what he thinks is right and help someone out. Even if its someone who may not like their company.

On his way, Paxton saw Sidney, a fellow diesel shunter, pulling some trucks up a head. He could hear Sidney singing a tune to himself, and wondered what for. Paxton rolled up next to him and blew his horn.

"Hello, Sidney!" He greeted. "Isn't this just a lovely day?"

"Hello, Paxton! It really is a beautiful day in deed."

"You sound extra cheerful today. What load have you got this time?"

"I'm glad you asked! This load is for… for uh… hmm."

Sidney being forgetful all the time is putting it mildly. He's always forgetting which job he has to do and ends up doing something else because of it. Paxton knew this, but unlike some of the other engines, it didn't bother him. Luckily for him, Paxton was one of the few engines Sidney didn't feel silly around because of his forgetfulness.

"What's the matter?" Paxton asked. "Did you forget something?"

"Oh, Paxton. I must've forgotten my Job again. That's why I was practicing my singing earlier, so I can remember my jobs through songs!"

"Really? I've never tried doing that before. Let's hear it. Maybe you'll remember it again."

Sidney paused. "Remember what?"

"Your job, silly," Paxton chuckled.

"Oh, right! It goes a little something like this."

He cleared his throat.

Sidney: "Ha, ha, ha. Ah he, he, he. A very special, uh?"

Sidney stopped and blanked on the next word. He though extra hard to remember what came after in his song. But he couldn't remember.

"Um… Aw, I forgot."

Paxton thought to himself next before speaking.

"Hmm. Maybe I can figure out what your job is."

He rolled back and examined the train of trucks coupled up behind Sidney. The trucks he was pulling were filled with slate stacked neatly on top of each other. Paxton recognized this load for sure.

"It looks like this lots meant to go to the docks, Sidney." He rolled back up next to Sidney. "You must've collected this slate from the Blue Mountain Quarry, and was told to deliver them for the ships to take."

"Blue Mountain Quarry slate to the Docks!" Sidney exclaimed, happily. "Of course! That must be my very important job. Thank you, Paxton. I really do appreciate your kindness."

"Well, of course, Sidney! Always happy to help out a friend."

The two diesels arrived at the Kirk Ronan Junction. Paxton passed a set of points directing him towards a branchline while Sidney continued on the Mainline.

"Got to go, Sidney," Paxton said with a happy honk of his horn. "And remember: Blue Mountain Slate to the Docks. Make it into a song so you won't forget."

"A song? Good idea, Paxton! I'll get started on it right away."

Sidney: "Ha, Ha, Ha. Ah, he, he… What was I just singing about?"

All Paxton could do was laugh as he continued down the line.


The tracks he took went on for a while until they led him to a line full of forestry trees on each side. Paxton rode down on one bend of tracks next to two more on his right. The area was strangely quiet, with only the cool, whimsical breeze occupying space. Branches and bright green leaves shaded the line from the bright sunlight beaming past the small blockage. Paxton didn't know where he was, but enjoyed the serenity the railway filled. He wanted to go back, however, and try to find a route that'll take him to the Quarry a lot quicker. But Paxton began feeling adventurous, and continued going.

It wasn't long until Paxton came across a siding, and in that siding he saw was none other than Devious Diesel.

Diesel was not a very friendly engine. He's known to cause all sorts of trouble for the Steam Engine's on Sir Topham Hatt's Railway, which makes it hard for anyone to get along with him. Diesel also lives by the motto of being rough and tough, especially to Trucks, which he often bashes and mistreats. But despite how hard it is to be friends with someone like Diesel, Paxton always enjoyed talking to Diesel and makes an effort every time to be friends with him whenever he can.

Happy to see his friend, Paxton applied his brakes and came to a stop next to the siding where Diesel remained parked.

"Hello, Diesel!"

But Diesel didn't look happy at all to see him, as he nearly jumped out of his pistons.

"Paxton!" He called. "You startled me!"

"I'm sorry, Diesel. I only stopped to ask how your day's going."

"Fine up until you showed up. Why are you even here?"

"I was just on my way to the Quarry. What are you doing in this neck of the woods?"

"Nothing," Diesel said, sternly.

But Paxton was too curious, and worried. It didn't look like any engine ever used this part of the branchine. So, what could Diesel be doing here?

"Nothing? Oh, no! Have you broken down?"

"No."

"Oh. Are you out of fuel again?"

"No!"

Paxton gasped then chuckled. "I know! You're waiting for an elf to give you presents, or, or, looking for a leprechaun's gold pot?"

"Don't be silly, Paxton. Just go away. I'm thinking."

"About what?"

Diesel moaned. It seemed he just couldn't get Paxton to leave.

"Adagio has sent me to fetch her two friends. Apparently, this siding is how she arrived here. Though I'm beginning to think she made it all up just to trick me, 'cause I don't see how any engine could arrive through this siding."

"Adagio?" Paxton pondered. "Isn't that the steam engine who's been living at the Dieselworks for some time?"

"Yes, Paxton," He said, irritably.

"Did she ever say why yet? We've seen Adagio come and go a lot but she won't tell anyone why she's on Sodor."

"All I know is that she has big plans for the Diesels. And as long as we go along with it, we'll be closer to seeing what she means by it."

"A big plan for the Diesels?" Paxton was excited over the possibilities. "Wow! That sounds big! Is there anything I help with?"

"You can always go away and leave me be," Diesel teased.

Paxton gasped, excitedly. "Maybe I can join you in looking for her friends too?!"

"Adagio didn't give you this job. She asked me to look for them and me alone! And she asked me to bring them back to Sodor from this siding."

Paxton looked at the old, withering buffers with a raised brow. They were old and covered in vines. The buffers themselves were rusted and the wooden beam had chipped splinters sticking out. It had not been used for a very long time.

"But, Diesel, how are you going to find them here? There's nothing but abandoned tracks leading to a set of old buffers. Maybe we ought to look somewhere else."

"You're not the one looking for them, Paxton. I am!"

"Ah, c'mon, Diesel. Let's figure it out together! Please!"

Paxton and Diesel heard faint twinkling noises. They sparkled and clattered like wind chimes echoing through out the forest and riding against the gentle breeze. It was almost soothing, but not for Diesel, who continued grumbling over the siding.

"Ugh," He exhaled in annoyance. "Why did she have to send me on this silly errand? She never could've arrived on Sodor through this siding. It's practically impossible."

Then Paxton thought of something cheeky, but theorised it in a way that sounded possible.

"Maybe there's a secret portal by those buffers; a secret portal that can take you to another world! And the only way to get in is by charging at them."

"Now you're just being ridiculous," Diesel said. "Just leave me be, Paxton. I'll figure this out on my own."

Frowning, Paxton blew his horn and reversed back sadly down the line he came.

He was disappointed for not being able to help Diesel. But as he kept rolling, Paxton gazed back at Diesel all by his lonesome. He stopped in his place and watched him trying to figure out the siding and its buffers to no avail. Paxton felt sorry for him. Despite Diesel wanting to find Adagio's friends alone, Paxton felt deep down in his radiator that Diesel couldn't achieve this by himself, and knew he would have a hard time learning where her home is. Diesel may not be the friendliest of engines, but Paxton wanted to be really useful and help his friend anyways. Paxton smiled with determination. He knew just what to do.

About to give up, Diesel then felt something bump into him and push him forward at a fast pace. He realized then that it was Paxton who bumped into him from behind, and was now pushing him directly towards the buffers

"Paxton!" Diesel yelled. "Stop! What are you doing?!"

"Seeing if this will work or not."

"But we're gonna crash!"

The two diesels sped closer and closer to the buffers. When suddenly, a spherical portal of gold materialized and whirled in front of the buffers, followed by signal lights blaring and train whistles blowing.

"Hold on tight, Diesel!" Paxton called. "This may get bumpy!"

Diesel could barely hear his own scream through the noise as he and Paxton went through and entered the golden portal, disappearing completely from the now empty siding in the willow forest.


Passing through the gold portal of sparkles, Diesel and Paxton came to a stop and frantically searched their surroundings. Diesel panted anxiously while Paxton felt just as completely misplaced.

"Wh-what happened?!" Diesel said, before noticing the change of land. "Where am I?!"

Paxton noticed the change of scenery as well and looked all over to see where they were. He inhaled slowly, enthralled by the huge space of land they were both in.

The land they were in was a mystical wonder. It had bright and beautiful landscapes that stretched far out in vast distances. The blooming grasslands glowed, the tall, snowy mountains carried a cool breeze all over, and lakes and ponds glistened in their own magical light against the warm, shiny sun. The tracks themselves were as bright as gold, and gleamed in it's sparkled covered glory. It looked almost like something out of a painting.

"Amazing!" Paxton said. "Are you seeing this, Diesel? It's like a whole other world it is!"

Diesel was still collecting himself. The opened air distances everywhere he looked was almost too much to take in.

"Paxton," He asked. "How did you know ramming us into the buffers would bring us here?"

"Actually, truth be told, I kinda… didn't," He chuckled, sheepishly.

"So, you were ready to cause an accident, is that it?!"

"Well, I thought if I believed hard enough, then, m-maybe an actual magic portal would open up."

"I was almost in an accident because of you!"

"I know," Paxton said, regretting his actions. "I'm terribly sorry, Diesel. But at least now we found that place Adagio told us to find."

"No, we haven't," Diesel grunted. "Not yet, at least. And she never told you to find anything!"

"Too late now," Paxton laughed. "'Cause now, we've found ourselves a new Railway to explore!"

Diesel continued searching the field, now intrigued by the large open whimsical space of grass after letting off some smoke from his engine. All this time, another railway line resided behind that old set of buffers. And all those talks amongst the steam engines about a magical plain of existence Diesel never believed in was now staring him right in the face. Now here Diesel and Paxton were, standing on the golden tracks of the Magic Railroad.

"So, this is how Adagio came to Sodor? I wonder where else this track leads too."

"Ah! Look at the tracks, Diesel. Pure Gold!"

Diesel scoffed. "Pure gold wouldn't be able to support us."

"Where do you propose we start looking first, Diesel?"

"They're not in this field, Paxton. Adagio's friends are in another place."

"There's another place beyond this?"

"Yes!" He said, impatiently. "Which means I must continue on and figure out where I need to go next."

"Oh! Well I ought to come along as well then. It's easy to get lost if you don't know where you're going."

"I know where I'm going!" Diesel said, insulted. "And I told you before, I don't need any help."

"But,"

"No buts! Go home, Paxton."

"What if you get lost? We don't know how big this place is."

Diesel laughed. "Me? Getting lost? I've never gotten lost. I know how to get around anywhere."

"But I wouldn't want you to turn up somewhere and not know how to get back."

"Right. And I suppose having you tag along will make me less lost then?"

Paxton smiled. "Well, sure it could! At least you wouldn't be alone."

Diesel groaned. He had enough of Paxton. But he did bring up a few good points. Diesel didn't know where he was going and was admittedly afraid of getting lost. There's no telling how long his search will take. He knew Paxton's persistence doesn't give up easily either. So, sending him away at this point, now that he knows about the magical railroad as well, wouldn't do much to benefit his search. He looked back at Paxton, blank in the face before beaming a cheerful smile.

"Fine," Diesel sighed. "You can come, Paxton."

Paxton inhaled with joy. "You mean it, Diesel?!"

"But you will do what I say when I say it throughout the whole trip. No dawdling about or getting us into more trouble. Got it?!"

"Oh, that's nothing. You can count on me, Diesel!"

"Highly doubtful," Diesel grumbled.

But Paxton payed no notice. He was too excited over their new environment and their journey a head.

"This will be so much fun; Like going on our very own adventure! I only wish we'd let Sir Topham Hatt know. Maybe we should,"

"Nope, nope, nope!" Diesel interrupted. "We are going straight to where Adagio said to go and that's that."

"Oh, okay then! Off we go, too adventure!"

Diesel groaned, already regretting his decision. But it seems the two diesels were in deed already headed for a trip where turning back now would've made this little escapade a waste of time. And so, blowing their horns, Diesel and Paxton set off down the golden tracks a head of them.


Paxton was having a hard time containing his excitement; not that he made a willful effort too. Everywhere he looked was beautiful and eye catching. Diesel found this rather annoying, especially having to listen to Paxton giggle and laugh at everything he spotted. Even at a flock of birds, which came soaring past the two diesels, particularly near Paxton. They seemed drawn to him, going back and froth from his left and right and chirping in a rhythmic harmony. Paxton continued chuckling over this while Diesel's left eye twitched.

Along the way, Diesel provided Paxton some detailed descriptions about the two people they're looking for. Adagio, a mysterious engine who came to their Dieselworks months ago, had asked Diesel to travel through the Magic Railroad to a place called Canterlot High, and locate two of her associates. The two girls were named Aria Blaze and Sonata Dusk. She requested that they be apart of her unveiling scheme for his world and any other beyond. But in truth, her claims of being from another world all just seemed silly to Diesel, even as she went on about a magic railroad and a portal that takes engines to wherever they can go. He had heard rumors about magic and other worlds, but thought it all as nothing but senseless fairy tales. Regardless, Diesel still went to check it out from a little help of Adagio's 'persuasion'. He would have barely gotten passed the Magic Buffers. But thanks to Paxton, Diesel was now much closer to completing this task.

"Say, Diesel," Paxton began. "Don't you think its rather odd that none of the diesels have hold Sir Topham Hatt about Adagio living at the Dieselworks?"

"Why would that be odd?" Diesel asked, suspiciously.

"All she did was show up one day, sung this beautiful song, and next thing we know, they're taking more orders from her than from Sir Topham Hatt."

"I wouldn't look into it too much. What matters is that she has a plan for us. For me especially. And so, we must do what she says in order for her to make it a reality."

"I see," Paxton pondered. "But, how will finding her two friends do that?"

Diesel actually knew more than he let on, but didn't want Paxton to know. He didn't seem entranced by the magic Adagio displayed when she first came to their Dieselworks; almost like it didn't affect him much. He was still the same friendly diesel he's always been. It wasn't just out of obedience either, which still played a big factor in his persistence due to Adagio's magic influence. Diesel saw something he can gain from her plan, and was willing to put up with all this magic nonsense to get what he wanted; Control over all the diesels.

"I don't have all the answers, Paxton. I only know as much as I've been told; That being to locate two girls. One with blue hair, another with purple, and bring them back to Sodor so Adagio can finally begin her plan."

"But I thought you didn't like steam engines. And now, you're taking orders from one?"

"That's enough, Paxton!" Diesel snapped. "If you're going to tag along, then you best do so by keeping quite and focus on the task at hand."

Paxton was a bit put off. Diesel acted very distant from him. But his distain towards Paxton seemed more amplified than normal. Regardless, Paxton obliged and said no more on the matter. He soon forgot about Diesel's typical rude behavior and went back to marvel at the grasslands, lakes, and large snowy mountains in the distance. The two diesels soon approached a set of switches that pointed left and right. Diesel kept on going and charged down the right path. Paxton stopped before the points and gazed with indecision down both track lanes.

"Uh, Diesel," He called. "Shouldn't we see where the left path goes as well?"

"You can if you want. I'm not wasting my time deciding which track to take. Right is the right path for me and that's all there is too it."

"But we'll be too far apart if we go our separate ways."

"Oh, Really? What a shame that'll be," Diesel said with a snide smile.

Paxton, not wanting to get lost himself, followed Diesel down the points leading him to the right.

"As I said before, I know where I'm going. And I say this track will take us right to where we want to be."

And so, the two diesels kept on rolling down the golden track for a good while. It as at this point Paxton realized he had no idea what Canterlot High was or why it was so far away from Sodor. There were a lot of questions stocked to the brim, such as why this railway's here and why it leads them to other places, but Paxton was more curious about where they were going the most.

"Um, Diesel," Paxton asked, innocently. "What's this Canterlot High place like anyways? It sounds important. Is it like a big, fancy school of sorts?"

He wasn't asking to be sassy, he really figured Diesel must know something he didn't about their destination. Diesel didn't know what a Canterlot High even was though. But thought up of something to trick Paxton into believing him. He began weaving his depiction in his same old oily, slithery, manner.

"Oh, uh. Well, I was told it's a very messy place, Paxton."

"It is?" He asked with an arched brow.

"That's right. It's also hard to see anything. And it's, uh, noisy. Probably smelly. Lots of rubbish just carelessly lying around and what not."

Paxton wasn't very impressed so far; just as Diesel hoped.

"There might be a lot of people there as well, upset people, with a dire illness!"

Paxton beamed again. "Oh, I love meeting new people! I cannot wait til we get there!"

"Its too bad we won't be talking to any of them though."

"We won't? Why not?"

Before Diesel could answer, he saw up ahead another set of buffers by the end of the line. He applied his brakes and came to a stop. Paxton did the same and ended up ramming into Diesel on accident.

"Sorry, Diesel! Why have we stopped?"

"It's the end of the line, Paxton. Nothing but more buffers. We'll have to go back and try that other track."

"Hmm. Now hold on a minute," Paxton thought. "If we got here through magic buffers, then perhaps we can get out with magic buffers!"

"I suppose its worth a try. But if I end up crashing because of you,"

Paxton laughed. "We won't crash, Diesel. You just gotta believe is all."

"A sound advice not at all really useful," Diesel mumbled.

"Right then, you go first," Paxton offered, gleefully. "And I'll hop in after you have!"

Rolling his eyes, Diesel honked his horn, expelled smoke, and charged towards the buffers. At first the golden spiral didn't appear, causing a weary to nearly slow down to a stop, until the portal built up more sparkles and spun in a twirling motion with train whistles and signal light blaring. Seeing this, Diesel built up his speed again and passed on through the golden spiral.

Paxton couldn't help but chuckle a bunch while witnessing Diesel disappear through the golden portal. It really was a sight to behold for him, and Paxton was enjoying every minute of his and Diesel's adventure.

He sighed, blissfully. "Ah, that's amazing."

Honking his horn, Paxton went and charged on after Diesel towards the buffers. Instantly, the gold portal opened for him and allowed a fanciful Paxton to seamlessly pass on over to the other side of the spiralling portal.


Next up; Part 2!