• Published 23rd Dec 2018
  • 1,293 Views, 10 Comments

Dashie the Rainbow Reindeer - Foal Star



Rainbow Dash was pushed into the human world during Christmas. She is then forced to become apart of Santa's team as a Reindeer.

  • ...
7
 10
 1,293

Chapter 4: Hearthwarming Fawns

Rudolph and Rainbow Dash both were now flashing their lights on and off to practice using them during the upcoming night ride. The two were battling each other with their lights laughing and enjoying each other’s company. But as the night day dragged they continued to play for some time... Then as they continued to bound through the snow blinking their lights at each other. A young light brown doe with a bow on her head was going through the snow as she came by the two different deer. They both looked over with concerned looks on her face as she trotted through the snow. The mare was angry, and it was clearly towards Rudolph who instantly squeaked with fear upon seeing his ex-girlfriend coming straight for him. The buck immediately began to buck up with a huge blush on his face as she asked, “so who’s this?”

Rudolph gulped as he stammered, "it's not what it looks like sh..she...she is..."

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes and trotted over to the doe and lifted a hoof, “i’m Rainbow Dash soon to be the leader of Santa’s new team.”

Claurice looked up with a confused look as she whispered, “well um Rainbow right? Can I talk with you alone for a second.”

Rainbow gave a nod and followed the mare down the snow a little. The mare eyed the doe with a concerning look and asked, “so, what do you need to talk about?”

Clarice with a concerning look turned around and exclaimed, ”you need to leave this place now!”


Rainbow Dash stepped back a little shaken by the outburst. Claurice gave a deep sigh to calm herself before she explained, “look, I know your new here but what I'm trying to say is that this place can have a hold on you. Trust me, it happened to Rudolph I didn’t mind him staying here, but he became obsessed in winning Santa’s favor. I thought maybe we should move, but he wanted to stay. After you finish the ride, Santa will ask if you want to stay. You have to say no and leave this place got it?”

Rudolph gave a nod. “Right...tell me something are you sure I can’t help? If Santa is keeping you guys hostage or something me and my friends can kick the red fatso’s butt for you.”

Clarice chuckled, "I would like to see that, but I think it would be better if you just leave. Despite Santa being a huge jerk I don’t think he’s the problem...I think it’s the whole North Pole something here makes people seem not to want to leave. I felt it too but after seeing how everyone treated Rudolph...I think I’m starting to see for the first time that this is just a cage. I’ll be leaving soon, it will be a long journey going south but ill be fine.”

She turned back to Rainbow Dash who gave a nod, “well thanks for telling me. To be honest, Rudolph is a nice guy even if he is a little naive, but hey my friends and I are too.”

Clarice chuckled before looking back down the snow bank where Rudolph is and with a look of longing she whispered, “yeah well, maybe you can try convincing him in leaving to your world too. I think he needs a fresh start."

She then walked off as Rainbow Dash blushed and explained, “gosh, she’s kind of cute." The mare quickly turned around and bounded back to Rudolph. She found the poor buck was trotting back and forth with a nervous expression on his face.

Rainbow Dash slowly climbed up the snowbank and turned towards the reindeer with a smile. “Hey, Rudolph how are you doing?”

He looked with sweat pouring down his face and asked, “so um what did she have to say?”

Rainbow Dash brushed her mane with a hoof unsure of precisely what to say. “Well Clarice was just concerned for you, in fact, she thinks that when I got back to Equestria, you should come with me.”

Rudolph rolled his eyes and exclaimed, “Oh please! That’s the reason why we broke up! I’m not leaving because you guys think I’m crazy. I have a purpose here, and I think I’m doing fine.”

Rainbow shrugged “from what I gather, these friends of yours only care for you because you’re great at pulling that fat dude’s sleigh.”

Rudolph scoffed, “your wrong, they like me for other reasons?”

The blue coated reindeer gave him a smirk. “Oh yeah, so tell me what are those other reasons?”

Rudolph gulped as he looked down at the snow and stomped about as Rainbow Dash looked up scoffed, “you can’t think of one other reason?”

Rudolph stomped a hoof into the snow with agitation.“I don’t get Clarice and why she thinks that way. But, I do believe that I’m fine here and I don’t need any other reindeer to help me.”

Rainbow Dash came over and asked, ”tell me, when was the last time you had a real friend to talk to since your break up with Clarice?”

Rudolph growled as he scratched the snow with a hoof. “Well, except for my parents...nopony really...Yukon left back to Canada, and my elf friend is so wrapped up with his new job as a dentist we barely have any time to hang out.”

Rainbow Dash placed a hoof on his shoulder. “Well, why don’t you just leave with me and not be trapped here. We will gladly have you in Ponyville."

Rudolph was still unsure as he looked across the snow and sighed, “after tonight I’ll have an answer.”

Rainbow Dash gave a nod. “Okay,then let’s make that a Pinkie Promise?”

Rudolph eyed Rainbow Dash and asked, “what’s that?”

Rainbow Dash chuckled as she bent her front half down sticking her rump in the air and chanted, “'Cross My Heart, Hope to Fly, Stick a Cupcake in my Eye!'

After Rainbow Dash finiahed Rudolph just stared at the blue doe with a surprised look and asked, “so um what was that all about?”

Rainbow Dash got up with a slight blush as she apologized. “Yeah well, I guess that does look weird if you have never done it before.”

Rudolph waved a hoof with a smile. “Well, we should get going Santa is probably going to make a speech before we fly off.”

Rainbow Dash gave a nod as she walked off with Rudolph back to Santa’s castle.


That night The reindeer were all strapped to the sleigh and were waiting patiently as Rudolph was heading the team. Next, to her, they were Santa climbing into his sleigh taking the reins and a whip and shouted, “well I would chant out your names, but I barely know any of you besides Comet, and Dasher! But Rainbow Dash are you ready?”

She shrugged and exclaimed, “yeah I’m ready!” Santa hit a switch on his sleigh, and the thing shot up and burst through the air at top speed! Rainbow Dash squeaked feeling herself being shot through a tube as they zipped through the air then suddenly they were above a town. Santa started tossing presents from his sleigh, and they all began landing down chimneys or through walls. Rainbow Dash paused noticing that Santa was exhibiting behaviors she seen before...it was almost like how Discord performed his magic when he was messing with Rainbow Dash and her friends.

But they didn’t stop for long as they continued to burst through the air stopping at town after town from city to city stopping for nearly a second at each stop. Rainbow Dash was being shot through like a bullet unable to stop. They eventually came upon a town filled with giant towers with cars going down the narrow streets. Rainbow looked out astonished at how much it looked like Manehatten. She then heard Santa chuckle “looks a lot like Manehatten does it in fact if you take out the "e" in the name and it’s literally the same city.”

Rainbow Dash turned around at Santa and asked, “how do you know about Manehatten?”

Santa smirked as they sped back through the speed of light and came upon another city with a large triangular structure made of metal. The city was surrounded by houses she gasped seeing it as Prance another country where her land from was, but this world wasn’t hers. Santa gave a smirk as he made a sly comment, “I know that you think that this another familiar sight?”

Rudolph paused as she turned around seeing him snapping his fingers and seeing the presents from his bag. She gasped as they continued to fly through the air and they came upon a familiar looking city where it looked a lot like Ponyville, and she looked out among the town as she asked, ”is...is this ponyville?”

Santa chuckled “no, but it’s quite close it has a few high schools, a park and a full city full of many humans you knew as ponies.”

Rainbow Dash looked out among the people walking them on the streets. They were chatting, and it seems she recognized a few of them as ponies with their hair and clothes looking similar to the coats of those that she knew. The mare looked back at Santa and asked, “what are you trying to do?”

Santa smirked, “well, I have to admit I think that it’s appropriate to tell you that I haven’t been truthful with you.”

Rainbow Dash noticed that the rest of the reindeer were frozen in place. Santa flew across the sky as he was slowly transformed into a fat red scaled
creature that looked alot like Discord. The Discord double smirked at Rainbow Dash who growled, ”I should’ve known! It's you Discord!”

The creature laughed out loud before he explained, ”Oh my name isn’t Discord! I’m his uncle, Jolly! I have been here my entire life, and honestly, I never thought of an Equestrian coming here. But now that you have and from what I heard you took care of my crazy nephew.”

Rudolph kicked and bucked but the jingling straps of red roped held her, and the Discord creature flew close to Rainbow Dash and asked, “now, that you are here in my grasp. I have been thinking of what I will do to you. But honestly, I think that in the end I don’t want any problems with Celestia or Luna. But if you decided to be my pet...”

Rainbow shouted, ”pet! I’m not your pet!” The mare reared up, but she tried to buck Jolly but the reigns held the mare down. Then she heard a jingling sound as she shook her rump to the music unable to stop. Rainbow Dash looked back horrifed seeing her little tail up in the air shaking it about as she shouted, "Oh screw you! Im going to buck you so hard when I get out of this!"

Jolly just shook some bells in a clawed hand. “You already are my Dashie, and I can make you my adorable little fawn or a great young mare willing to pull my sleigh. The more you disobey, the cuter you will become. Heck, even if your too defiant I'll send you back to Equestria as an adorable baby fawn. But, you will lose all memories of this place.”

Rainbow was steaming glaring at Jolly. “You really are like that monster joker Discord!”

Jolly shrugged and explained, “I’m protecting myself. I don’t want to be turned to stone myself. But I’m sure you’ll be transformed back to normal when you're home.”

Rainbow Dash crossed her hooves and scoffed, ”well do your worst because I’m leaving and you can’t stop me.”

Jolly took out a claw and was going to snap, but Rudolph came out flying out of nowhere shouting “Don’t you dare touch her!” The buck slammed into Rainbow Dash trying to shield the mare from the blast. But Rainbow Dash squeaked, “what the buck Rudolph no!”

But it was to no use as they were both shot with magical energy and were sent through a magical portal.


Twilight and the rest of her friends were heading back from Canterlot in the Friendship Express. As they were entering Ponyville station, they climbed out onto the snowy streets of Ponyville. They were all angry as Twilight growled, “I bet Rainbow Dash slept in the whole bucking day. I mean we had to use Derpy as a replacement for Commander Hurricane that was so embarrassing!”

Applejack had wrapped a scarf around her neck sighed and shrugged “Beats me, but we should at least go by her place to make sure she’s okay ya know? The blizzard those pegasi brewed up was pretty bad."

Fluttershy nodded in agrement as she whispered, “Right we…” Before the mare could finish, they turned to see two baby deers shivering stranded in the snow. They both were shivering as Fluttershy fluttered over. “Oh the poor dears, what are they doing out here in the middle of Ponyville?”

All the mares came over with shocked expressions the two deers look entirely different. The male was a dark brown, with white spots on the buck's rump and dark brown eyes and a flashing red light for a nose. As for the female, she had a light blue coat, rainbow-colored spots on her rump, magenta colored eyes, with a flashing rainbow light coming from her nose. Twilight gave the blue-coated deer who had a lot of similar characteristics to the daredevil pegasi that missed the pageant. The purple coated unicorn gulped and slowly whispered, “Rainbow Dash?”

The deer looked up perking her ears as every mare just blinked with utter surprise and astonishment. Twilight raised her hooves over her head and shouted, ”how did Rainbow Dash turn into a baby deer!”

Fluttershy came over and checked the two out and gave the two both a nuzzle and cooed, ”oh even if she is Rainbow Dash I’ll take care of her. I’m sure this is just some curse you can reverse?”

Twilight came over to Rainbow Dash who was shaking her little white tail. She sighed, “I think I can find a cure, but until I figure something out… Fluttershy do you know how to care for deer?”

Fluttershy got up with a cheery smile. ”Well, I have taken care of sheep and cows before. I’m sure it shouldn't be much different.”

Twilight couldn’t help but eye the blinking noses and booped them both with a giggle. "Oh they're just so adorable! I wonder how this happened? and who is this young buck?"

Pinkie Pie bounded over with a cheery smile. “I think they would look even cuter in diapers! Don’t you think?”

Both of the little deers both scooted back not wanting to be treated like helpless fawns. Fluttershy clapped her hooves and cooed. “Oh, what a wonderful idea! That way they can stay inside my cottage with me until Winter Wrap Up! They probably aren't ready for living out in the snow."

Both deers quickly tried to wobble away, but Twilight quickly caught them within a aura of magic and sighed as she apologized. “Sorry Rainbow, but until we can figure what to do with you, Fluttershy is in charge.”

Both Rainbow Dash and Rudolph just looked at each other with emberassed looks and their cheeks flushed in a deep red.

Author's Note:

For anyone thinking this is over. It's not a sequel will come in the spring of 2019....

Comments ( 3 )

This.need.a.sequel

So when the sequel be out?

Nice story, I liked it! think about maybe getting it proof read. :eeyup:

Login or register to comment