• Published 6th Aug 2012
  • 1,982 Views, 68 Comments

A new beginning - Da Bunnana King



Blue Rune may have escaped Australia but has he really escaped his past by fleeing to Equestria?

  • ...
14
 68
 1,982

Chapter seven: Dreaming

A new beginning
By Da Bunnana King

Chapter Seven: Dreaming
===

As I fell deeper and deeper into my slumber I felt at ease. I was still a bit excited about what had happened today. I mean I had gotten the basics of levitation and how to control my magic, that and Twilight said I could attend that school for gifted unicorns.

Maybe that conversion dream was just a vision of what’s to come. I mean could I be accepted into this Runic Order? What was the Order, and what did it have to do with me, or my future.

Was this whole ordeal planned from the beginning? I mean the magic poisoning, the dream and Rose. But that dream, it was just so real.

I mean I know the dream was supposed to be real, but everything in the dream; the dirt, the stone wall with the runes carved into them and that snake. What was that thing? It looked like a snake, but it was hollow and shone a neon blue; not to mention it’s cyan glowing eyes and its massive fangs that came from its massive jaw.

The more time I spent thinking about the snake, the more I felt underwhelmed by the concept of the magical serpent. Was it a warning, or something more sinister?

Buah, this is foolish!’ I thought to myself as I began to feel more sleepy with each thought.

I decided to cave into my sensation for sleep and was plunged into a sea of darkness; a darkness that seemed similar to the one in the dream.
===

The darkness consumed me like a small stone cast into an ever ending ocean. I was that small stone sinking into the never ending pool of darkness.

I began to see light at the bottom of the seemingly endless abyss. Floated down I felt like I was a divine being descending from the heavens themselves. As I neared the light I could see a small platform had begun to form. It had grey stone walls that began to twist and turn while the light changed to a dark purple.

As my hooves hit the ground, I felt the weight of the world placed upon my shoulders. It was a heavy and cumbersome weight that had been forced upon me. I wasn’t able to see it, all I knew was it was there. I could feel it pressing up against my spine and rolling off my sides. The weight also brought on some pain and discomfort but it was something I was going to have to deal with for now… wherever I was it wanted this weight to be an annoyance.

As I became more aware with my surroundings I noticed that things had changed once I hit the ground. The ground was almost like mud, but felt solid; if not a bit squishy. The walls were a dark crimson color only to be lighted by a cyan light that emanated from a carved symbol in the walls. The room wasn’t a box like before as well, it was closed on both sides and had a curved roof that looked like it was sewn together, making me feel like I was in a tunnel.

Feeling curiosity strike, I began to explore my surroundings. I trotted cautiously ahead making sure each hoof I placed on the ground was not going to give way to the gelatinous substance.

The tunnel began to curve becoming more narrow as well as the walls becoming wrinklier in appearance. The symbols that had provided me light began to more farther away from me, but it didn’t move in front of me to lead me; the lights moved behind me, lighting up the path from behind.

I was scared of this unknown. I was never afraid of the dark, but I always liked to know what was in the dark. Many a time I had been fooled by the shadows, often concealing a creature that would jump out at me and scare me while I was off guard. I hated that unknown, for it was something I couldn’t control.

I didn’t want to proceed but something from the core of my body told me to move. It came from the same place where I had first discovered my magic to come from. I set one hoof in front of the other as I proceeded into the darkness.

===

It was perhaps minutes or hours I had spent moving down the ever winding tunnel of darkness, I had come to what seemed to be an opening; like a cathedral inside a cave system.

The light from behind me disappeared for a split second leaving me in the dark, only to reappear on the ground leading me down a spiralling ramp like staircase to the bottom of a shaft.

Curiosity said I should go and explore, but my gut told me to turn around. It was an impassable choice I had to make. Do I descend into the dark unknown ever more to see where I was going, or turn around and abandon all ambition of adventure and the work I had put in earlier to reach this place.

Okay Blue, you can do this. It’s just a spiralling ramp that leads into a dark endless abyss. What’s the worst that could happen?’ I questioned myself as I gulped.

I set one hoof on the ramp like staircase and the lights changed from a cyan color to a darkened blue.

I sighed and continued on regardless of the lights.
===

As I began to near the bottom, the room began to change. It wasn’t a spiralling stair ramp but now a long square tunnel with smoothened crimson walls. Although the lights had disappeared, only leaving the now emanating crimson light at the end of the tunnel. I had come far to reach this point of my confusing dream I had to press on, no matter the cost. I had to know what was drawing me to this point.

Whether it was a sudden burst of light or the darkened environment I was suddenly in front of a door.

The door itself was that of an old mahogany; weathered by years of use and slowly decaying. But on a small copper plaque in clear printed words were, “Fear can’t hurt you any more than a dream.

Baffled by the plaque I raised a hoof to the door and began to push it open. The door was heavy and even as I pushed, the weight I was carrying increased making my breaths laboured and my footing even harder to keep.

But I kept on persevering, pushing the door more and more; but all my effort wasn’t enough. The door wouldn’t budge, and I couldn’t keep my strength. Whatever this door was holding behind it was something that I couldn’t overcome.

With one shove I rammed myself against the door in what felt like a fit of rage, I collapsed. Not on the door, but in front of it; my blue muzzle was nearly touching the door. It was in reach but it was still too far away from me.

Everything felt heavy, my chest, the weight I carried and my eyes. I couldn’t hold them any longer and I slipped into a somewhat peaceful sleep.
===
Author’s notes: I… I really don’t know what to say. Also I'm taking a quick brake from writing, just got to get done with some of my tests.

Oh wait now I remember. Vague and confusing dreams are foreshadowing and a view into the main character's soul.