• Published 18th Dec 2018
  • 778 Views, 4 Comments

Light and Darkness – The Shadow of Midnight - Rakoon1



It’s time to solve the mystery surrounding the two twin princesses of the Light Kingdom, a mystery that will put one of the twins on a path to overcome her own darkness in order to control her own power.

  • ...
2
 4
 778

Epilogue - A Mysterious Guest

At the Light Kingdom, a party was being held to celebrate the fact Neverland had been freed. The Great Hall was filled with guests that were entertained talking to each other, while enjoying the food. Many guests were there, like Twilight’s friends who were with their respective husbands and Star’s friends, along with the twins’ friends.

Cadance and Shining were also there, along with Gleaming and Topaz. However, they have brought with them a new member to the family: Crystal Lily, who was a cute baby unicorn with a light cerise coat with a light aquamarine, light green and brilliant amber mane and moderate rose eyes.

Queen Tinkerbell was also there, being the guest of honor. Currently, she was talking to Twilight and Blue.

“I have to say, it has been too long since I ever I laid eyes on the beauty of the Light Kingdom” Tinkerbell said. “It looks the same.”

“Well, technically, is not the same” Blue replied. “We had a little problem with villains and the citadel was destroyed.”

“Really?!” Tinkerbell asked, surprised. “It’s hard to believe…”

“It was a very hard blow for all of us” Twilight said, remembering the destruction of Light Kingdom. “But that’s all behind us, so it’s okay now.”

“Well, at least we have that in common” Tinkerbell said. “My realm was turned into a desolated place, while I had to watch without being able to do it. I have to thank your children for everything they have made. If it wasn’t for Midnight and Sunny, along with the Crusaders, Neverland would still be under the darkness and the Shadow would be able to escape her prison Purple Smoke created.”

“Well, that’s something that runs in family” Blue said. “I’m just a little surprise the twins have become heroes in such young age.”

“Me too, but, what can we do about it?” Twilight asked. “It doesn’t matter how much we try to protect them, they always end up in the face of danger.”

“By the way, we need to thank you for that watch, Queen Tinkerbell” Blue told. “It will really give us a lot of help.”

“You’re very welcome” she replied. “I really don’t have any use for it, as I can open portals in and out of Neverland and I certainly didn’t want Hook and his pirates to get one. I still don’t know much about it or how it exactly works with other places, but…”

“Don’t worry about that” Twilight replied. “Mirror Coat will do everything he can to discover fully how the watch works.”

“All that, while trying not going nuts for having to organize his library again” Blue said, causing some laughs with his wife.

“Try to enjoy the party, Your Majesty” Twilight said to Tinkerbell. “My friend Pinkie Pie made her special cupcakes for the party.”

“Well, then, I think I’ll try them, then” Tinkerbell said, moving away.

The Crusaders were with Purple Smoke who said to them:

“I’m really proud of you three. You made a very good work.”

“Yeah, but I was starting to like going on missions like these” Scootaloo said.

“Me too” Apple Bloom said. “It made me feel like when mah sister an’ her friends would save Equestria” Apple Bloom replied.

“Maybe you don’t have to say goodbye to the adventures” Purple Smoke said.

The Crusaders traded a look, confused, and Sweetie Belle asked:

“What do you mean with that?”

“Well, I’ve talked with Queen Tinkerbell and she may need your help to stabilize Neverland” Purple Smoke replied. “Despite the realm was restored to what it was, there’s still a few issues to solve.”

“And let’s not forget about Hook and his pirates” Sweetie Belle added. “They may cause a lot of trouble.”

“Yes and, because of that, she will need all the help she can get” Purple Smoke told. “Whenever she needs you, she can call you through your dreaming cloaks.”

“Well, it would appear dah Cutie Mark Crusaders are still not done with adventures” Apple Bloom declared.

“Hoof!” the three Crusaders exclaimed, while making high five together.

“It’s good to see your enthusiasm” Purple Smoke said. “Just out of curiosity, what are you going to do now the mission is done? Are you going to keep on the academy?”

“Well, I am for sure” Scootaloo said. “After the results we have on flying derby, you can bet I will keep coaching at the academy. One thing is working with Rainbow Dash, but another is competing against her. Believe me when I say that I got more respect from her when she saw how I trained my students.”

“I may also remain there as well” Apple Bloom said. “Maybe not as often, but the headmistresses got very satisfied. They said the students enjoyed all my activities very much.”

“What about you, Sweetie Belle?” Purple Smoke asked. “Will you prefer teaching or acting and singing?”

“I don’t see any reason to have to choose one or the other” Sweetie Belle said. “The fact is I love teaching as much as I love singing or the theatre. Whenever I have a show, I can have a substitute to cover for me. Melody has already volunteer herself.”

“Yeah, she is really nice…” Purple Smoke said, with a little of irony on the way how he said it. “Well, I’m just happy you got to do what you like.”

Elsewhere, the twins were with their friends, with them enthusiastic about their adventure.

“I can’t believe that you two just helped saving a sealed realm!” Silver Wind said.

“Yeah, that’s awesome!” Gust exclaimed.

“Ok, next time you girls go on another adventure, remember to invite your friends to go along” Gallus said.

“Gallus!” Silver Wind said.

“What?” he asked. “I’m just saying. You three already faced Cozy Glow, who turned out being an evil fairy, and now they defeated an evil queen.”

“Don’t you get that our friends just got out of a serious situation?” Silver Wind asked.

“Well, Silver Wind is not wrong, Gallus” Midnight said. “Facing the Shadow was a little… scary.”

“Even more with her trying take our talents just to get out of Neverland and cover our world in darkness” Sunny said.

“When you put it that way…” Gallus said.

And his friends started laughing.

Nearby, Star was with his friends, looking to his sisters.

“It would appear they are following their brother’s hoofsteps” Gunter said.

“I just hope they don’t go on any adventures in the near future” Star said. “They’re just too young to do that.”

“I think you’re forgetting that you’re their age when you fought Ulysses for the first time” Jonagold commented.

“Tecnically, I didn’t have their age” Star replied. “They are ten. I was eleven.”

“Not a very big difference” Bramble commented, making the others to chuckle.

“Very funny…” Star replied, ironically.

“Star, one day, those fillies will get your age and perhaps they will get in more trouble” Galena said. “It’s a good thing they got a little experience.”

“Yeah, I think you’re right…” Star said, looking then around. “Hey, where’s Moonlight.”

“I don’t know…” Galena replied. “I heard her saying she was going to get more punch.”

Star went to where the punch was and saw Moonlight. She was quiet, looking to someplace else, and he was able to notice that something was troubling her. Approaching her, Star said:

“Moonlight, are you all right?”

“How can I be all right when… he is here?” Moonlight asked back, pointing to where she was looking.

Star looked to where Moonlight was pointing and now could understand. She was staring at Hepheus who had come with Celestia and Luna. They were talking with Ingrid. During that year that succeeded the war, Hepheus did everything he could to earn the trust of others. However, that was a very hard task as everypony still mistrusted him, despite knowing that he was being manipulated by the Lord of Chaos. The main reason for that was that many lives were lost because of him and the ones close to them were not willing to be friends with him, including Moonlight who lost her father.

“Moonlight…” Star said.

“I know what you’re going to say, Star” Moonlight said. “That he was being controlled, that the Lord of Chaos is the one to blame, but I may be able to forgive, but forget? I can’t forget!”

Tears started to appear on her eyes, but then Star embraced her and said:

“Don’t worry. I’m here for you. I understand what you’re feeling.”

“I’m sorry if I can’t be like you” Moonlight said, ending the hug and cleaning her eyes. “I want to be, but…”

“Why would you want to be like me when you’re the best pony I know?” Star asked. “Moonlight, I understand what you’re feeling and I understand that it’s hard for you to see Hepheus, but I also know the type of pony you are. I know that the day will come where you’ll find a place in your heart to accept him.”

Despite the pain she was feeling, Moonlight felt herself much better after hearing Star. Making a smile, she said:

“Thank you, Star. You always know how to cheer me up. That’s one of things I love in you.”

“And here was I thinking you loved everything in me” Star replied, playfully.

The young couple traded a kiss and hugged. It was then that Star noticed something a little strange. It was a light colt that was at the entrance of the Great Hall. He was a unicorn that looked a little older than the twins, having a brilliant tangelo coat with a wave with a surfboard as a Cutie Mark, dark scarlet mane with moderate orange highlights, light tangelo hooves and moderate cerulean eyes.

The colt was looking a little shy and hesitating, but then he decided to get out. Star didn’t know why, but there was something about that colt that seemed familiar, despite he had never seen him, and he had the need to go after him.

“Moonlight, excuse me, but… I need to do something” Star said.

“Okay, but are you okay, Star?” Moonlight asked. “It looks like you have seen a ghost?”

“I don’t know how to answer that, but… I will try to figure it out” he replied.

He then flapped his wings and went after the colt. Inside his mind, Kurama told him:

“Don’t do it, Star. Go back to the party.”

“But that colt… There’s something about him that… Well, I don’t know, but want to” he replied.

“Trust me, kid, it’s for the best” Kurama said.

“You know what, I don’t like when you get so vague” Star said. “So why don’t you let me focus on what I’m doing right now?”

Returning to reality, Star got out of the Great Hall and then saw the young colt moving away.

“Hey, you!” he called.

The colt stopped and then turn to Star. Seeing him, he got nervous and said:

“Oh no… You saw me…”

And he started to run away. Star then took flight and then landed in front of the colt. He, seeing Star, stopped as fast as he could and said:

“No… Please, stay away from me…”

“Relax, buddy, you don’t have to be afraid of me” Star said, while trying to approach the colt, what was difficult, as he was retreating. “I just saw you hesitating to get in. You know that is an open party, right?”

“I know that, but… Please, I need to go” the colt kept saying.

“Why, is something wrong?” Star said, while trying to reach the colt’s shoulder with his hoof.

“No, don’t touch me!” the colt warned.

“Don’t worry, I’m not going to hurt you” Star said.

He was able to touch his shoulder, but then something strange happened. Once he touched him, a sudden powerful force pushed him away, making him land on the floor hardly. It was like being pulled away by the pulse nature, but worse as his heart started hurting, while a green glow got out from it. Seeing that, the colt became even more nervous, almost desperate and said:

“No! I can’t believe this happened! Oh, I’m going to get in so much trouble.”

With all that stress, he ended up accessing his magic and teleport away. Star trying to recover, started to get up, despite not being able to stand up.

“What… just happened…?” he asked.

“I told you to go after that colt” Kurama said. “Why do you have to be so stubborn? Uh, what can I do? Don’t worry, I’m going to heal you.”

Star could feel Kurama’s energy starting to heal his heart and the young alicorn prince could feel the pain starting to go away. But he couldn’t stop asking to himself who was that colt.

The End

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment