• Published 11th Feb 2019
  • 1,108 Views, 40 Comments

Lab Horse: Redux - TheMajorTechie



A filly lives on Earth with a jobless physicist. She's just figuring out life, while he's going broke. She has no idea what she's doing.

  • ...
6
 40
 1,108

Log 3: School is cool (If it weren't for the fact that I look like the equine embodiment of Smurfette...)

Voice logging enabled.

Well, I'm not wearing the horse pants today. But on the other hand (hoof?), I still have the trouble of everyone confusing me for Smurfette. Except horse.

So yeah, my unofficial nickname at school is "Smurf Horse".

Anyways, I played with Ranell again today at school. He has to use a wheelchair wherever he goes because of some sort of problem with his muscles, but he showed me some really cool things on his computer!

This morning, he showed me how he was able to connect to the school's new internet-enabled security cameras because nobody changed the password on them, and we saw the principal eating a donut in his room!

"Gadget, come down for your snack!"

Hold on a sec. I think I can still type on this from downstairs. Lemme just turn the voice thingy off...

Voice logging disabled.

So, Mister Delmar is going all like "Gadget, you made a friend at school!" and stuff right now. Like, he's just being all happy saying that it's "about time I got along with people" even though I already get along... though to be fair, every time I got along before led to me being either dressed up like a doll, invited to some waaaaaaay too pink tea party,

I just barely told him that Ranell isn't like most of the other kids because of his disability and what he can and can't do, but that's really not bothering Delmar at all. I guess what matters to him is that I have at least a friend or two at school.

Also, grilled cheese sandwich. Yum.

Whoops, Mr. Delmar must've noticed my spaced-out look while I was concentrating on typing. He just asked me if something was wrong. Abort! Abort!


Welp, I was able to avoid making Delmar any more suspicious that anything was going on. Knowing him, he'd probably blow it all out of proportion or something and end up draining his bank account to fix something that wasn't ever broken.

Sometimes, I wonder if there'll be a day where I finally get the chance to go home. Just, y'know, meet my parents or something. My biological parents. I'm pretty sure at this point that I'm not actually some super-advanced robot, and Delmar (sorry to say this) is kind of a numbskull at times, but still isn't exactly bright enough to ever get close to figuring out how to stuff me into a world that for all we know, doesn't even exist beyond TV.

So yeah.

Incoming message from: Ranell

Oh, I forgot to mention that. Yeah, turns out that Ranell has a cell phone, so we just installed this chatting app since I don't have a cell connection. At least, I don't think I do.

Hey, Gadget. What's up?

Not much. You?

Just watching TV. Anything you wanna do after school tomorrow?

We could maybe see if there's anything we can do on the school computers!

Sure.

Well, I know what I'm gonna do tomorrow now.