• Published 11th Feb 2019
  • 1,108 Views, 40 Comments

Lab Horse: Redux - TheMajorTechie



A filly lives on Earth with a jobless physicist. She's just figuring out life, while he's going broke. She has no idea what she's doing.

  • ...
6
 40
 1,108

Log 2: Extra-Long Horse Pants

Another day, another... day.

More specifically, a Monday.

Also, you may be wondering how I'm getting this narration of my life in when I'm not even looking at my tablet. Or you might not be. Either way, I'm doing that right now. All it took was memorizing the layout of the on-screen keyboard and quick movements of a levitating stylus tip. I cut off the tip of one of those cheapo capacitive styluses so that I don't end up whacking someone when they look at the weird self-typing tablet thingy.

Anyhow, back to my morning. As I type this, I'm eating breakfast. Nothing says "great day ahead" like good ol' bacon and eggs!

...

Yes, if you're wondering, I do realize that I eat meat. I know, I know, I'm supposed to be an herbivore, but bacon!

And who cares if real-life horses don't (normally) eat meat, anyway? I'm anything but normal in the first place. I'm a freakin' unicorn!

...I might've had to hold back from using an emoji there just for the heck of it. I know exactly where the option to bring up the emoji panel is, and I just had to mentally kick myself to stop moving towards it.

I really should stop going off on tangents like this, shouldn't I?

Anyways, Mr. Delmar just made me breakfast, and he just told me that I've got... "normal clothes" for me to wear to school, even though I'm already covered in horsehair. Literally. Like, y'know that old "Shark Tank" show, where this one time somebody pitched horse pants?

Guess what the "normal clothes" Delmar got me were?

I mean, I already wear the labcoat everywhere I go! What more do I need to wear when I'm a tiny horse?!

Eh, I guess I'll go ahead and wear the horse pants if that's what's gonna let Delmar be happy. First day of school and all, y'know? Gotta have a good impression, and if it means wearing horse pants, I'll wear the horse pants.

I finished my breakfast, floating the dirty plate and fork over to the kitchen sink as I went back to my room to put on my thrice-aforementioned horse pants.

...

...

And oh boy are they stiff.

'Kay then. I guess this'll be my life for today. Wheee.


Y'know, I find it funny how Mr. Delmar thinks it's a good idea for me to take the bus to school. I mean, I've already been taking it for the past couple years, but every single time, today included, I somehow end up finding myself sitting on someone's lap being petted instead of sitting in my own seat. I mean, I'm not bothered by it or anything, and fixing my mane really isn't that much trouble, but at the same time, just like everything else, it's just weird.

Today, in particular, was especially weird. The horse pants are rough on both the inside and outside, and being made for full-grown horses, they're very long and floppy on me, too. That kinda leads into the mess that I'm currently in, with the legs of my pants tangled around the arms of like three other kids.

I'm not sure if I should even take them off, either. Even though I've been wearing nothing but the labcoat all this time, just the idea of pantsing myself in public, on a school bus no less, kinda seems a bit... taboo.

Anyways, we just got off the bus, the four of us still tangled up in my horse pants'(s?) legs. We kinda had to get one of the hall monitors to help untangle us before I could trudge off to class as usual.

But y'know, horse pants!

Short to say, I ended up being the class distraction today just for having such absurdly long pant legs that everyone tripped over in class.

Oh, and I made a new friend as well! His name's Ranell, and he's a student that transferred over from a school on the other side of town!

...How come it feels like I've met him before?

Author's Note:

:trixieshiftright: