• Published 11th Feb 2019
  • 1,108 Views, 40 Comments

Lab Horse: Redux - TheMajorTechie



A filly lives on Earth with a jobless physicist. She's just figuring out life, while he's going broke. She has no idea what she's doing.

  • ...
6
 40
 1,108

Log 14: I'm not dead! Also, more stuff happened. I think.

Author's Note:

Gadget's back and at it again with her fourth-wall shattering shenanigans! :raritywink:

Haha, so. Some stuff happened while I took a loooong break from these logs! Twilight accidentally casted a spell that froze everyone in place for like three or four months while we were in the human world, but don't worry, she fixed it! I think.

"Twilight! Why am I a horse again?" Delmar shouted behind me. Oops, guess there's still some stuff to work out.

But anyway, once Delmar's turned back into a people person, we're gonna go back to Equestria! Come to think of it, would Equestria also have been frozen during that time, or did they continue on as usual without us? Would they be worried that Twilight was gone for like a quarter of a year?

...

...

Welp, I don't see any ponies pouring out of the portal looking for Twilight yet, so I guess we're fine!

Twilight turned Delmar back into a human without any trouble. Seems like she's used to it, apparently. So anyways, we hopped on through the portal again! I have absolutely no idea what it was that we were planning to do before all of us got frozen in time and stuff, but I think we're supposed to be meeting Celestia or something.

"C'mon, Zoey. I'd say now's as good a time as any to introduce you to the Queen. Given your... uh, background, I think she'd be willing to make some time in her schedule to talk."

Another point to me! I sure wish I kept track, though.

Anyway, we're off to Equestria! Again!

Mister Delmar groaned in annoyance at the fact that he went from pony to human back to pony again in under five minutes. I, on the other hand, get to be in my original form! Actually, that kinda sounds weird when I put it that way, but eh. The point of these logs is to be brutally honest with whatever I happen to have on my mind, anyway.

Me and Delmar followed close behind Twilight for a while. We weren't that far from the throne room, luckily, so that meant I only had to trip three times! Mister Delmar's not so lucky, though. He has scuff marks on his face.

And here we are! The throne room!

...

...

...This is a throne room? Ew. Tacky. And this is coming from some kid who was a little blue horse only minutes ago! Wait, that's not what tacky means, is it? This room is tacky,but am I tacky?

Eh. Not important. What is important is the fact that I've been spacing out this entire tim--

"Zoey, are you ever gonna put away that tablet?" Delmar deadpanned. "I know you enjoy narrating every moment of your waking life and all, but you really need to pay more attention to what's going o--oh, you're narrating me right now, aren't you?"

Yup, I sure am. Also, yeah. Been carrying this thing around since I can't just type with m a g i c and stuff like I normally do as a pony.

Twilight bowed to Celestia. "Your highness, I've brought the girl."

Oh, so I'm just the girl now, am I? Sounds mysterious.

Celestia raised a brow. "The one that you suspect went missing all those years ago?"

Man, this whole scene reeks of awkwardness. Guess nobody in here's got any real social skills, huh?

"Gadget!" Delmar scolded again, "You can type later. Don't you want to hear what the tall one has to say?"

Why yes, I'll gladly take the opportunity to scene-transition out of this mess.


Welp, I guess it's time for a recap. Let's see... Celly and Twi had this long, boring conversation about whether I should be granted citizenship here or not based on both my disappearance and my experience on Earth. Mister Delmar may or may not have fallen asleep during that same conversation, even though he told me to pay attention... oh, and Twilight's kinda interested now in my magical abilities as a human for whatever reason, too.

Uh... what else was there? Oh-- Celestia mentioned that she'd be willing to introduce me to my estranged family, too. She said that she did something similar with Rainbow Dash when she finally woke up from her coma. Apparently, RD's got a cool lookin' metal wing like the one she had in one of the alternate universes that Starlight made when she broke time.

...Hold on just a sec, does that mean we're living in that alternate universe? How long is it gonna be until the war? Or... hm... I know that there's no Luna in this world... was there a Luna in that AU? I don't remember exactly at the moment. Guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it, then.

But anyway, Delmar and I are having lunch with Twilight. Turns out, they've got chicken nuggets here! Granted, it's normally something reserved to visiting creatures that normally eat meat, and of course also humans. I do remember reading somewhere that both cows and horses in real life sometimes trample and eat small animals, though. Either way, Twilight's looking at me funny while I dip a nug in my sweet and sour sauce while typing with my free hand. I think I'll just end this log off here for now before I spill something on my tablet.