• Published 21st Jan 2019
  • 8,793 Views, 147 Comments

A Giant Adventure to Equestria - ThePinkedWonder



A young man, who is a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, finds himself in Equestria. It's a huge world for him, in more ways than one: here, he's a bug-sized human.

  • ...
34
 147
 8,793

Chapter 7: Big Hug, Big 'Gator, Big Mistake

It's now been three weeks since I had gotten stuck in Equestria. While I became a little used to being tiny here, it was still a bit scary.

The Nightmare Prevention Spell had very slightly weakened its effect on my body, so I grew to be more like four inches tall than one inch tall. But, according to Twilight, without the counterspell, that's the tallest I'd get. She even tried a growth spell on me to see if that would have helped, but it had no effect on me. Though Twilight didn't think it would have at that point, and was why she didn't try it on the day we met.

Speaking of Twilight, as well as the two of us becoming very good friends, she still felt like a big sister to me and really started acting more like one. For one thing, she was quick to step in if she really thought somepony was bothering me, and even became somewhat protective of me.

She also grew to like having me on her head, so a lot of the time we were together, I was there. Though, I did have to come off when I ate something; that mare didn't like me being there that much! I still liked being on Twilight's head, but it now wasn't just because it was comfortable. I didn't feel so tiny there. And because Twilight's an Alicorn, and we were becoming close, I felt the safest while on her head. In fact, since I was trusting Twilight so much, I was close to finally telling her the full truth. Though I was still trying to figure out the best way to say it.

Oh, and how many questions have Twilight Sparkle asked me about my world at this point? Ha, beats me, because I stopped counting once she got to a hundred. I do know that Twilight was the one I spent the most time with.

Twilight and Starlight didn't spend as much time learning the counterspell as they initially did, but they spent around one or two hours a day on it, but they still weren't getting anywhere. But, Starlight wasn't "moping" around anymore, and we were becoming good friends ourselves, but she still wasn't feeling like a big sister, like Twilight did to me. However, she wasn't quite the same Starlight Glimmer I saw on the show.

Maud was visiting the Pie family (though Pinkie Pie was still in Ponyville) and Trixie was gone on her road shows, so they couldn't help with Starlight. Sunburst came to visit to try to help, but was only slightly effective at making Starlight feel better. Thorax gave it a shot too, but wasn't effective at all. And Twilight didn't even think about asking Discord to help...and I don't blame her. Twilight did suggest for Starlight to visit the 'other' human world and hang out with Sunset Shimmer for a while, but Starlight didn't want to go anywhere till she learned the counterspell. Spike was also still away in the Dragon Lands.


Still trying to fully cheer up Starlight, Twilight thought that maybe Pinkie Pie could think of something that we hadn't tried yet. Pinkie lives to make ponies happy, especially her friends, so Twilight figured that if anypony had another idea, it would have been Pinkie Pie.

With me you-know-where, Twilight and I arrived at Sugarcube Corner, where Pinkie both works and lives. She was there, in the kitchen, about to bake some cakes. Rainbow Dash was also there, eating some chocolate cupcakes that Pinkie made earlier. A bit of good news was that Rainbow, as well as Applejack, didn't seem as suspicious of me, but I was feeling bad about lying to them about how much I actually knew.

"So, Starlight's still a bit down, huh?" Rainbow asked, putting down her cupcake on the table she was sitting behind.

"Yes," Twilight told her with her ears drooped. "She's better than she was three weeks ago, but she doesn't have that spark that she usually does."

"Gee, I thought Starlight would be completely better by now --" Pinkie stirred yellow cake batter in a round bowl "-- but I guess you two reaaaally messed up bad, huh?"

"Gee, way to make us feel better, Pinkie," Twilight complained and "facehoofed".

I, in turn, facepalmed, nearly in sync with Twilight's facehoof -- an effect the time we spent together had on us I guess -- and I had second thoughts on this. I thought that maybe this was why Twilight didn't go to Pinkie sooner. I asked, "Uh, Twilight? Are you sure we should have Pinkie try to cheer Starlight up?"

Rainbow gave her own answer, "For this, I wouldn't recommend it. Pinkie's not the most...tactful pony around."

Before Twilight could give an answer, Pinkie gave her answer and said, "Of course, Eric! Making ponies smile and happy is what I do best!" Pinkie stopped stirring her bowl and hopped up to Twilight and me. "Here, let me prove it by cheering you up! Come here, let Pinkie give you a big hug!"

Before I -- or for that matter Twilight -- knew it, Pinkie snatched me from Twilight's head with her hooves and gave me a big 'ol tight hug on her chest.

Now, you've probably seen how Pinkie Pie can give tight hugs in the show, and I was still the Equestrian equivalent of four inches tall, so you could already guess that this was not fun for me. She had me completely covered in her forelegs, so I couldn't see a thing, couldn't move at all and could barely breathe. Pinkie wasn't squeezing me so hard that the pony could injure me, yet, but it was still hurting! I could do nothing but grimace, struggle to withstand Pinkie's big hug, and hope that Twilight did something, fast!

Twilight (I guess) saw that Pinkie was overdoing it and told her, "Take it easy, Pinkie! With Eric being so small, you could hurt him!"

"Oh, don't worry, Twilight, he's fine, aren't you, Eric?" Pinkie released her hug and held me on her hoof to show me to Twilight.

I was exhausted, a bit sore from Pinkie's hug, and not fine. However, I wasn't hurt, and wasn't freaking out or anything like that. I knew Pinkie wasn't trying to do any harm. She was just being Pinkie Pie again; she does that. Heh.

Pinkie not-so-carefully put me on the table with her bowl of cake batter, where I lay face-up, and both Twilight and Rainbow ran up to me, looking at me with big, worried eyes. Pinkie was already right there by me, so she skipped the "running up to me" part, and just stared at me with those big worried eyes.

"Are you all right, Eric?!" Twilight borderline screamed at me.

"Do you need some help?" Rainbow asked, not showing quite the same level of worry as Twilight.

"Oh, I'm so so so sorry, Eric! I didn't hurt you, did I?!" Pinkie moved her face close to me with a big frown on her face.

While beginning to breathe normally, I reassured Pinkie, "No, I don't think you did, Pinkie, but I just need a few minutes to lie here and rest." I laughed a bit and added, "But you weren't kidding about it being a big hug!"

Hearing me not just say I was fine, but even joke about it, Twilight gave a happy sigh. "I'm so glad to hear that, Eric." Twilight glared at Pinkie for a second for doing that, then looked back at me and smiled. "Well, maybe we could go see Fluttershy to see if she can help too with Starlight."

"Okay, that sounds like a good idea, Twilight," Rainbow said. "I bet she'll have some ideas."

Twilight lowered her head a bit closer to me. "Do you want me to put you back on my head and go with us, Eric?"

"Not this time, Twilight, I'm still a bit sore from that 'big hug' so I want to lie here for a bit."

"Oh, okay." Twilight raised her head back up, had a small frown, and, a little surprisingly, seemed a little disappointed that I didn't want to get on her head for once. But a second later she put on one of her usual smiles again. "Well, we're gonna go get Fluttershy, so you can rest there. We'll be back really soon."

"There's nopony around, so you don't have about anypony bugging you, Eric," Rainbow added, after looking around a bit to make sure there really was nopony around.

Twilight, Pinkie, and Rainbow left to get Fluttershy, leaving me to recover from Pinkie's hug. And the funny thing is, she really was right about her cheering me up, kinda. I was so tired from her hug, I didn't feel as down as I was before she "cheered" me up. Ha, at least Pinkie can back up her words, right?


Fifteen minutes later, after recovering from Pinkie's big hug, I was still sitting down on the same table she sat me on, waiting for Twilight and the others to get back. Suddenly, I felt a chill and became uneasy, like something was watching me. I stood up, spun around, and saw Gummy, Pinkie's green pet alligator, about three feet away. My heart skipped a beat seeing him! Where did he come from, or how long was he behind me, I don't know. From my point of view, he looked about as long as a school bus, if not longer, and about two times wider than one.

He was staring right at me but wasn't moving much at first, except to lick his eyes with his tongue, which made me want to jump back. But I was too scared to move if I didn't have to. He didn't have teeth, but still, I was feeling scared as if he did. At first, neither of us moved an inch, and it was like we were both frozen in place. Save for the creepy eye licks from one of us.

After about half a minute, Gummy started to slowly walk towards me, licking his eyeballs. Taking deep breaths to try to keep myself calm, while not taking my eyes off him, I walked backward slowly, at about the same speed as Gummy was moving towards me, so the distance between us stayed the same. I didn't want to make any sudden moves. But Gummy kept inching closer, with me still walking backward, till I found myself at the edge of the table and almost walked off it by mistake. I had nowhere to go, so Gummy was now closing the distance between us. At that moment I felt even more terrified than when Starlight almost crushed me. As frightening as that was, being eaten alive scared me even more. Given the choice, I'd rather have her come back and stomp on me!

As Gummy got about a foot away and still coming, he opened his mouth. Looking into that pink mouth, smelling his very unpleasant breath, my heart sank, and a bolt of terror flooded my body. Not because of his breath, but of where that breath was coming from. Out of pure fear, I yelled, "Twilight, help!!" in a near-inhuman scream, closed my eyes, and looked away.

A voice yelled back, "I'm coming, Eric!"

It was Twilight, with Pinkie, Rainbow, and Fluttershy with her.

Twilight ran through the doors of the kitchen first and froze Gummy with her magic, just like she did to stop Starlight from stomping on me.

About a half-second later, Rainbow flew to me during her great flight speed, picked me up, and flew me back to the others, holding me in her hooves.

I was freaking out, breathing heavily, and in a panic attack, much like how I was when Starlight almost made me into a human pancake, with Rainbow asking me if I'm okay.

Twilight ran up to me, asking the same thing, but sounded even more worried.

"Bad Gummy! That's a very bad alligator!" Pinkie scolded Gummy. "We don't eat friends! Tell Eric you're sorry!"

Pinkie held Gummy close to me, while I was still in Rainbow's hooves, so he could say "sorry". Yeah, I didn't react well to that and just screamed at the top of my lungs.

Oh boy, hearing me scream really forced Twilight into "big sister" mode, and she yelled at Pinkie to stop it! Twilight then levitated me out of Rainbow's hooves, once again hugged me in her chest with her right foreleg (again) and I buried my face in her chest, cried, and stayed still. Being almost eaten will do that to you.

This time though, it wasn't just me pouring on the waterworks. Twilight was crying too, saying "I'm sorry" to me over and over again. Fluttershy even had to put her foreleg around Twilight, so she could be comforted too.

I don't know about Twilight, but I cried more in my first three weeks in Equestria, than in the last three years before I got to Equestria!

After we both had calmed down, Twilight slowly raised me back on her head with magic (Ha, what did you think she'd do?) and I, still a bit shaken up, held on to her mane tighter than I usually did.

One bit of good news was that Pinkie, with Fluttershy's help, thought of an idea to cheer up Starlight fully back to her usual self. Twilight, Pinkie, Fluttershy, Rainbow, and I decided to go get Applejack and Rarity, head back to Twilight's castle to check on Starlight, and try Pinkie's idea. Twilight seemed like she was walking a bit slower than she usually did. I was still shaken up, and maybe that made her want to walk slower.


About two hours later, we were all at Twilight's castle in the room with the Cutie Map, except Starlight, who was off somewhere. Those purple crystal stalagmites on the walls and around the green double doors still haven't gotten old to me. We assumed that maybe she went off to fly kites by herself for a while, or maybe Trixie came back early, and she was with her. As we waited, we worked on Pinkie's idea. As you might already know, Starlight really liked kites (and she still does) so Pinkie thought that we'd surprise her, by making a bunch of them, and overall just show her that we all appreciated her. We hoped that it'd make her feel better about herself. Especially if Applejack said it too since Starlight knows Applejack doesn't lie...unlike a certain tiny human.

As we were deciding on how to make the kites look, I remembered something and got an idea. I yelled out happily, "I got it!"

It surprised Twilight since I, for once, hurt her ears by yelling too close to them. She asked, a bit annoyed that I did that, "Got what, Eric?"

I told her a bit more quietly, "A way to cheer Starlight up."

"Well, what is it?!" Rainbow stood up, looking in my direction with a big grin.

"Remember when Starlight said she 'always' screws things up when she tries to help others?"

"I do, but what does that have to do with your idea?" Twilight asked.

"Well, what if we all remind her of how she saved you all from Queen Chrysalis? She didn't screw up that time! Right?"

"Oh yeah, that's right!" Rainbow yelled out. But she then asked, "But who told you about that?"

I was about to answer till I realized...I didn't have one. I was never told that by anypony! Still on Twilight's head, I got quiet and just sat there, trying to think of what to say to get me out of this. This made Applejack and Rainbow suspicious of me again.

"Eric, why aren't ya sayin' anything?" Applejack asked me.

Getting not just nervous but a little scared, all I should get out was stutters. It didn't exactly help me look any less suspicious. They all were glaring at me except Twilight, who couldn't look at me, because I was on her head. Fluttershy wasn't really glaring at me like that, but she was still keeping her eyes on me.

"All right, I knew something was up with you! What's your deal?!" Rainbow yelled, pointing a hoof at me.

I just kept stuttering. I couldn't get anything else out of my mouth, and I was looking worse by the second.

Eventually, Twilight got fed up with my stuttering. She used her magic to lift me off her head, and onto the part of the Cutie Map in front of her. And oh boy, as I stared up at Twilight, who was glaring down at me with a frown, I felt a chill go down my back. That pony did not look happy!

"Okay, Eric, what are you hiding? Explain yourself, now!" Twilight ordered me, in the most serious tone I'd ever heard her use on me. She wanted answers. I knew her well enough to know that if Twilight Sparkle asks you something in that tone, she's not playing around. You better start talking!

It was finally time to fess up to them. But with them all glaring at me the way they were, especially Twilight, and at that size, I was gonna have a hard time getting words out. Let alone how to explain this...