• Published 21st Jan 2019
  • 8,794 Views, 147 Comments

A Giant Adventure to Equestria - ThePinkedWonder



A young man, who is a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, finds himself in Equestria. It's a huge world for him, in more ways than one: here, he's a bug-sized human.

  • ...
34
 147
 8,794

Chapter 12: The Big & Little Surpise

It's now been a little over three months since Twilight saved me from Chrysalis, and four months since I found myself in Equestria. She's fully healed from the burns she suffered to save me from the flames I was trapped in. If she didn't jump into the fire to teleport me out of the barrier Chrysalis had me in, I'd died from the smoke.

Back at her castle, the two of us were in her library, alone for the time being. She was sitting in a purple-colored wooden chair reading a book, and I was in my favorite place in Equestria, reading one of the tiny books Twilight shrunk for me. Since I got to Equestria, while I liked to read some in my world, I started doing it more in Equestria and, at this point, I did it more than ever. I guess Twilight's rubbed off on me, huh? And just in case I need to say where my favorite place is, it was on Twilight's head, with Starlight's head being a very close second.

After a while, she set down the book she was reading and giggled to herself about something, and that's something she doesn't do very often. She asked if my arm was fully healed.

I put down my book beside me. "You mean my left arm, Twilight? Yeah, it's been healed well before you even got out of the hospital."

"And you're not in pain anywhere on your body, right, Eric?"

"Nope, no pain anywhere. What made you ask that?"

"I just wanted to give you a big surprise, that's all."

That got me excited and I smiled, asking, "Oh, a big surprise? What is it, Twilight?"

"Oh, you'll see." Twilight, chucking again, raised me off her head with magic, slowly put me to her chest, and carefully wrapped her right foreleg around me in a hug. Unlike Pinkie, Twilight always made sure she doesn't cover my head whenever she hugged me, and usually covers me up to just below my neck, as she did here.

"Oh, I get it. You wanted to make sure I wasn't still hurt, so you could give me a hug?"

With a surprisingly mischievous voice, Twilight answered, "Something like that."

Before I could ask Twilight what she meant by that, with a smirk on her face, she suddenly tightened her hug around me. It wasn't as bad as when Pinkie did it, but still, that giant pony's grip on me was a little too tight!

My eyes got big, and I squirmed pointlessly in her foreleg a bit alarmed...though obviously, I couldn't move much, except my head. I wasn't really "scared" but just surprised at why she was doing that. Looking up at her face, which was pointed down at me with a big grin, I yelled out, "What, hey! You...you're squeezing me too tight! What are you doing, Twilight?!"

"Who, me? I'm just having some fun with my little bro," Twilight said, in a very playful voice that I rarely hear from her. "Now, you were on Starlight's head before I got out of the hospital, so I have a question for you."

"Wait, you're not mad about that, are you?"

"Oh no, I'm not mad. She's your big sister too. I just want to know whose head you like being on the most? Mine or hers?"

"It's your head! Your head! Now let me go!"

Still looking down at me, Twilight shook her head. "Nope, that's not good enough. Say the name of the pony whose head you like being on the most."

"C...come on, this hurts! Ow! Cut it out!"

"Not until you say the name of that pony!"

"Ow! Okay, I will! Her name is 'Twilight!' Now stop it!"

She shook her head again. "Still not good enough. Say the full name of that pony!"

"Okay, her name is 'Twilight Sparkle!' There, you happy?! Ow!"

Shaking her head yet again, she teased, "Not yet! You didn't say 'Princess Twilight Sparkle', remember?"

"Ow, okay, okay, okay! The name of the pony that I like...ow...being on the head the most is 'Princess Twilight Sparkle!' And she's the best friend, sister, and princess ever! Now will you let me go?!"

Twilight turned her head up a bit, like she was thinking about it, just to milk it some more. "Well...I don't know. I'm enjoying this."

"Well, I'm not! Twilight!!"

"Okay, okay, I've had enough. Fun's over." Laughing, Twilight finally loosened her grip and raised me back on her head with her magic. And after that, I was exhausted!

Lying on her head on my back to catch my breath, I wheezed, "*pant*...*pant*...hey! Where did that come from?!"

"Hehe, I'm sorry, Eric. I just thought about how I never did anything to mess with you since we met. So big sis decided to change that!"

"Oh yeah, you're right. You never did anything like that. I never even saw that side of you when I was watching the cartoon with you all."

"Well, I guess there's more to me than you thought?"

"Yeah, I guess so."

Twilight, suddenly sounding worried, asked me, "But, Eric, I hope I didn't get carried away just now. I didn't squeeze you too hard or do that too long, did I?"

Hearing the way Twilight asked that, I started laughing.

"What's so funny?"

"Twilight, you sound just like my big sisters back in my world."

"Hmm? What do you mean?"

"They did stuff like that to me too, every chance they got. Then when they got done with me, like you just did, they'd ask 'Are you okay, Eric?' or 'Did I go too far, Eric?' and when I said I was okay, or that they didn't go too far, they'd sometimes do it to me again!"

"Really? They did?"

"Yep! Now it feels like home!"

Giving a sigh of relief, Twilight told me, "Oh, I'm glad to hear that! I was worried you might be mad that I did that. I should start doing more stuff like that sometimes!" Her voice became a playful one again. "In fact..."

Twilight again picked me up, put me back on her chest, and wrapped her right foreleg around me again. But before she gave her "big surprise" again, I gave my unexpectedly playful big sister a "little surprise" of my own. I dug my fingers into the hair on her chest and tickled her. Since she didn't yet pin my hands and arms down, I could move my fingers enough to do it. She felt it, let me go on the spot, and raised me back on her head, with us both laughing. Once on her head, I lay on my back again.

"Ha! Take that! How did you like my surprise, Twilight?"

"Haha! Hey, Eric, that's not fair!"

"Says the giant magical Alicorn that levitates me whenever she feels like it without warning."

"Okay, you got me on that one. But how did you think of tickling me to get free?"

"I forgot to say that, while I was putting up with those two goofballs for sisters and their 'fun' for eighteen years, I learned some tricks to turn the tables sometimes. And I can do it even to you, big sis!"

"Yeah, I see."

"Now, you wanna give me that 'big surprise' again?"

"No, no, Eric! I've had enough! I'm not giving you that kind of 'surprise' again!"

"Yep, I thought you'd say that. Oh, and no telling Starlight I did that. I want that to stay a secret, in case she tries to give me the 'big surprise' you just did."

"Deal, I won't tell her."

In a more serious voice, I said, "Twilight? This might not be possible even if you and Starlight learn the counterspell to send me back to my world. But, if this can be done, and if you wouldn't be stuck there yourselves, I would like for you and the others to meet my sisters and parents someday and to come to visit my world sometimes. If you can make yourselves the size of the ponies of my world that is, or at least not giants compared to humans there. Otherwise, you'll cause a panic!"

"Well, I don't know if that'd be possible, but if I can, I will."

"Thanks. And there is something else I want to ask you."

"What is it?"

"Is it okay if I call you 'Twi' sometimes?"

"You can, but on one condition."

"What is it?"

Twilight's voice tone became more serious when she ordered, "I don't want to hear you call yourself an 'idiot' again. Will you promise me that, Eric?"

"Okay, I won't do it anymore, I promise."

Hearing I wouldn't call myself an idiot anymore, which I guess she didn't like me doing, Twilight's voice went back to normal as she told me, "In that case, you can call me 'Twi' anytime you want. Just keep that promise, all right?"

"But in that case, can I ask you something else? Can you not call yourself an idiot again?"

"All right, I won't do it if you won't. Okay, Eric?"

"Okay, Thanks, Twi. I was going to tell the others this too, but I wanted to tell you about it first since you're the first one I met in Equestria. Since I knew so much about you, the others, and Equestria before I got here, I think it's only fair to tell you a lot more about my world that I still haven't told you yet, and as many stories about my life as I can think of. Do you want to hear some of it?"

"Sure, Eric, tell me as much as you feel comfortable telling me. You know how I love hearing things about your world."

I told Twilight -- or should I now start sometimes say Twi -- even more about my world, more about my family that I didn't tell her already or that she didn't ask about, and of the few friends I had. And as many stories about my life as I could think of. I hoped that, someday, I could bring Twi and the others to see my world.


A week after Twilight and I had our "fun", Starlight, Spike, and I returned to the castle after doing some shopping for Twilight. Since we were outside and could be seen by one of the others, I was on Starlight's back, not her head. On the way back, Starlight was telling us about some very interesting spells she's worked on and could even do on me, if I wanted her to.

But the three of us stopped talking about that, when we saw that Twilight wasn't in the castle. She said she'd be there. We dashed to the Cutie Map to see if she was called for a friendship mission, but it wasn't active.

Something didn't feel right, so the three of us searched the castle, but found no sign of her.

When we were really starting to get worried, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Rarity all ran through the door, in a panic.

"Oh, we're so glad you're here!" Rainbow Dash was yelling, further proving that something was wrong.

"Wait, what's going on?" Starlight turned to Rainbow. "Do you know where Twilight is?"

"Just read this letter, Starlight!" Rarity shouted in a fearful voice, which I'd never heard from her before since I got to Equestria.

Rarity levitated a letter she was holding to Starlight, along with a map the letter was attached to. She read it to herself at first, after which her eyes got big, her horn leaked red smoke, and she gritted her teeth. She very rarely got mad enough for this to happen without her first having to be provoked multiple times, like how Trixie once did. So whatever that letter said, had to be bad news.

And oh boy, seeing Starlight like that, and how Twilight seemed to be missing, I knew that something serious happened. Starlight then signaled us all to do something, which, in itself, gave me a strong hunch on what happened to my big sister.