• Published 21st Jan 2019
  • 8,737 Views, 141 Comments

A Giant Adventure to Equestria - ThePinkedWonder



A young man, who is a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, finds himself in Equestria. It's a huge world for him, in more ways than one: here, he's a bug-sized human.

  • ...
34
 141
 8,737

Chapter 1: The Start of a Giant Adventure

Hey there. My name is Eric Reed, and I'm eighteen years old. Whew, did I have myself one hell of an experience! One I literally thought would be impossible and I still can barely believe it happened. You'd probably think that if someone thought this actually happened to them, they might be beyond help. I can try to assure you that this is true, but I won't blame you if you think I'm lying, or I'm just nuts.

Ha, I'll be honest. If I were you, I wouldn't believe it either, unless I already knew that world really existed. But if you think you might believe me, or just want to humor me, then read on. You might have fun reading this.


It all started on a spring morning on what I thought would be a normal day. I woke up but was still really sleepy, and had a hard time just keeping my eyes open.

I looked around my room and tried to focus on something, like my brown dresser or clock on the wall near my bedroom door, and sat up on my bed. But I had some trouble focusing, so I lightly slapped my face a few times to help wake myself up while muttering, "Time to get up you idiot!" I would sometimes call myself an "idiot" as a way to get myself to do something I didn't want to do, if I did something silly or just stupid to poke fun at myself, or after doing something I felt really bad about.

After about three seconds of those slaps, I rolled out of bed and stood up, rubbed my eyes a little and tried to remember any dreams that I might've had overnight. Something I often did whenever I woke up.

The only thing I could remember, kinda, was that someone was ordering me to do something but I was refusing. But I couldn't remember anything else; not even what I was doing or who was telling me what to do. I also couldn't shake the feeling that it was a matter of life and death. Shaking my head and giving a little chuckle, I gave up on trying to remember more.

I got out of my night pajamas into some regular clothes, a white T-shirt and blue jeans, and ate some cheese and egg, with a slice of bread as toast with butter on it; one of the favorite ways to have breakfast.

After I was done, I thought I'd go outside and head off somewhere before a kid's show called "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic" came on TV that I loved watching. Maybe a bit too much sometimes. Heh. Anyway, I had about an hour to kill.

You might have heard about it. It's a cartoon about six very different but good-hearted ponies, starring a pony princess named Twilight Sparkle, that uses their bond of friendship to overcome many different problems. From everyday ones, to defeating dangerous villains out to take over or destroy their world called "Equestria".

If I can, I'll try to use the friendship lessons from the episodes of the show. But, I had very few friends and hardly got to see much anyway, so there were few chances to do it. Unless it was to my two older sisters or my parents, who at this time happened to be away on a road trip to visit some of their friends. I didn't feel like going, so I stayed home.

Anyway, as I was heading out my front door, I decided to go to a nearby pond and had to walk beside a one-way road to get close to where it was.



Ah, yes. The sky was clear, and I grinned a bit whenever I felt a breeze blow. With the road to my right, there were a bunch of tall trees to my left, with many small yellow flowers growing near the trees. After about fifteen minutes, I walked away from the path beside the road, through some thick grass and trees, and finally got to a little clearing where the pond was.

I got on my knees and carefully crawled around the grass beside the water looking for any insects, just out of curiosity. But I couldn't find any. Shaking my head, I gave up looking.

I sat down and put a finger on my chin, trying to remember more about that dream, but again I had no luck. Giving up on it again, I lay on my back, spread my arms out on the ground, and as another breeze blew, I sighed happily with a big 'ol grin on my face. I tried to think of what to do later on after the latest episode of MLP:FIM about to air was over.

Then, for about half a second, another breeze come from my right and something about it didn't feel...normal. It felt like a slightly warmer breeze but it kinda tickled, and it didn't quite feel like a normal breeze. Yet, I thought nothing of it at the time. Why I didn't is something I still don't know.

Ten seconds later, it happened again. Opening up my eyes, I let out a light gasp, sat up, and turned to where the "breeze" came from. But nothing seemed odd or otherwise out of the ordinary, so I shrugged my shoulders, lay back down, and closed my eyes again. After about another ten seconds, it happened yet again but lasted a full second. This time, my eyes flew open, gasped much more loudly than last time, and sprung to my feet. I crept around looking for anything that seemed off and gritted my teeth. Nothing seemed different.

Rubbing my head, I thought that maybe I was just being paranoid. Lying back down, I closed my eyes again and somehow, despite not really being sleepy, I fell asleep on the spot.


When I came to, I got to my feet and gasped while noticing the area around me looked very different. For starters, everything looked really odd, almost "cartoon-like", though I didn't look any different. Not only that, but everything looked huge, like how it might look if you were one-inch tall or something. The grass around me was about four times taller than me, with the width of each blade about as wide as I was, and it partly blocked out the sunlight. Some rocks around me were about as tall as me. a few brown leaves that looked like they were twenty feet long were lying on their sides against the grass. Worse, as I slowly turned to look all around me, I couldn't tell where I was, partly because the grass limited the distance I could see, but also because of how "cartoony" everything looked.

Turning my head back and forth, then up and down quickly, I gritted my teeth again, and really wished that my parents or sisters were there to help me. But I was on my own.

I slapped myself harder than usual and told myself, "Calm down you idiot!" which worked, more or less. Treading along the humongous blades of grass and the leaves around, with my fists clenched, I called out as loud as I could and hoped someone would hear me. I even wondered if this could have been a dream, but my slaps from earlier hurt so I ruled out that idea. I thought to myself to stay calm and not panic, but it was a struggle to not do it. My breathing deepened and heart pounded at double its normal speed.

After about ten minutes of walking, I heard footsteps that at first sounded normal as far as how loud they were. But the time between each step wasn't: it was much shorter than normal. Almost like whatever was causing them had more than two legs, and it seemed to be headed my way since the footsteps got louder and louder. The grass around me was too tall, so I couldn't see what it was.

After around five seconds, the ground began to shake with each footstep with the shakes growing slightly stronger each time it happened. The steps were still getting louder, becoming far louder than any that I'd ever heard before. Turning to my left and right, about to shake from both fear and the tremors from the ground, I ran to the closest blade of grass and grabbed it with clenched teeth. I held on to it with all I had. I was too surprised to even think to myself something like "What the buck is going on?!"

Whatever that thing was that seemed to be coming closer, I knew it was something big. I wasn't sure if I even wanted to know what it was.

About fifteen seconds after hearing the first footstep, the steps finally stopped. From where those steps came from, I picked up on what sounded like someone muttering. It had a female voice that sounded oddly familiar, though I couldn't put my finger on where I heard it before. I thought that I had finally found someone that could tell me where I was, and it made me feel a little bit relieved. But I was still scared, even had my eyes closed with my body shivering, and I still had clenched fists and teeth. Whatever that thing was that shook the ground like an earthquake was there too, and it was way too close for me to relax.

Forcing myself to open my eyes, but still shaking a bit from fear, I carefully crept through the grass again, one nervous foot at a time and yelled, "Can anyone hear me?!" and finally found a way out. In front of me looked to be some kind of a dirt road which, to me, looked like it was a mile long. Though whoever I heard didn't seem to hear me.

I peeked out of the grass and looked to my left and...oh boy...I finally saw what was causing those footsteps, about six feet away (the actual distance) from me, and it was still muttering something. Seeing it made my mouth drop! Even though its footsteps made the ground shake again -- but they were light since it seemed to be walking slowly now -- I still froze while watching it. I wasn't even blinking.

It wasn't "big". It was huge.

It was purple. Or lavender if I want to be more technical.

It had four legs that might as well have been over fifty feet tall to me.

It looked like a horse, with wings on its sides that were closed.

When It looked down, I saw a horn on its forehead.

It didn't take long for me to tell what it was. And it, or should I say she, was bending down, moving her head back and forth slowly, looking like she was trying to find something. At that point, I became less scared, and mostly just amazed. I relaxed my fists and just asked myself these questions:

"Is that really Twilight Sparkle?"

"How is she real?"

"Why is she so big?"

"How hard did I hit my head?!"

I clenched my fists once again and every muscle in my body tensed up when Twilight looked near my direction. I felt a chill go down my spine. What would she do if instead of finding whatever it was that she was looking for, she found me and thought I was some kind of bug...?

Author's Note:

Special thanks to Zaten the Changeling and xXDagedXx for proofreading this chapter